Tears

Spartace: School Love Affair

The next day, she enters the school with a happy heart, only to be confused by the strange atmosphere that she is welcomed. 

As soon as she enters the school building, students are already throwing looks at her. 

She slows down in her pace and looks around. 

People are murmuring, talking about her, glaring at her, more than ever before. 

And it seems like they are saying it loud for her to hear.. 

"She's really sly. "

"I knew she also has that nasty side. "

"Acting like she's perfect and all. "

"Finally Song Ji Hyo's true color has shown. "

"She's a . "

"So did they like.. agreed on sharing her? "

The comments are wearing her down. 

She is used to being talked behind her back, but not with words as harsh as she is hearing right now. 

The harsh, false words are hitting her chest like bullets, making it hard to breath. 

Her vision is losing focus, all she can see are all the students staring back at her as if she is some dirty stuff. 

And what makes it worse is that she does not know the root of all these rumors. She can not convince herself that it isn't true for she have no idea about it. 

"Sly. "

"Deceiver. "

". "

It all rings in her head. 

I need you girl, why do i fall inlove alone? 
Why do i get hurt alone? 

Suddenly, all she can hear is loud music, blocking out all the negative comments she is hearing. 

She turns around and comes face to face with Jong Kook, who is the one who puts his headphone in her ears. 

His face looks cold and stony, and he suddenly holds her wrist and drags her out of that crowd. 

Having no idea what is happening, she shuts and lets him drag her anywhere. 

Anywhere out of the judging eyes of her schoolmates. 

She can see several students following them with a look as they pass by, they even said something to their companions, but the music coming from the headphones are too loud for her to hear. 

Although she is somehow used to hearing criticisms, she is still thankful she can not hear them this time. 

She is thankful of the hands who put it on her ears, and thankful for the one who pulls her out of her weakness; being in the middle of people's negative attention. 

They end up in the rooftop, and Jong Kook faces her. 

He says something, but she only frowns in confusion. 

"What? ", she asks, not even hearing her voice. 

He takes the headphone off her gead and let it cling around her neck. 

"I said, you should not mind them. ", he repeats. 

"I don't. ", she lies, now composed and controlling the emotion in her face. 

"Don't fool me, stupid. I saw that you were about to crumble in there. ", he says, his brows furrowed. 

"No, i wasn't. I told you i am used to being judged. ", she insists. 

She turns away from him and is about to walk towards the railings of the rooftop when something catches her eyes. 

It is some kind  of poster that has never been there before. 

She heads towards the wall where it is posted, but Jong Kook comes right in front of her the moment she reaches it. 

"Let's just go out of the school. ", he suddenly suggests, but her eyes has already catches a part of the poster. 

She can not be mistaken. Her face is in the poster. 

"Get out of my way. ", she orders Jong Kook. 

"Why? ", he asks, feigning cluelessness. 

She grabs his shoulder with both hands and is about to push him aside but he quickly traps her in his arms, spins them both around and tears the poster of the wall in the process. 

She struggles to escape from his hold, her forehead being pressed on his chest. 

"Let me go! ", she says, trying to punch his sides but is seemingly too weak to hurt him. 

She can hear the sound of paper tearing behind her where Jong Kook's hands are destroying the poster while his arms pinned her to his chest. 

"Uuuuggghhhh! ", she yells angrily, but Jong Kook refuses to let go. 

That is when she gathers all her strength and throw all of her weight to where Jong Kook is leaning, breaking his balance and they both tumble to the floor. 

Jong Kook hits the floor, but she landed on softer ground; Jong Kook's chest. 

She takes that moment of weakness to sit up in his stomach and grabs the papers from his hands. 

He keeps stretching his hands away from her, but she pinned her legs on his stomach, making him grunt in pain. 

Then she successfully snatches the paper from his hands. 

Only then did he stop exerting force. 

When she sees the content of the paper, her mind goes blank. 

She just does not know what to think of it. 

There are pictures of her with different guys. 

One with Dong Hoon. One with Joong Ki. One with Kwang Soo. One with Gary. 

It would have been okay for her, but then she sees the caption below. 

Top student turns into School . 

suddenly hurts, as if liquid are forming up. Then she can feel its warmth rising up to her cheeks, then to her eyes.

Suddenly, the door of the rooftop slams open and Jae Seok and the others,including Eun Hye, barges out, only to stop the moment they pass the door.

"Noona..", Kwang Soo says, his eyes wide.

She looks at them with confusion. They are all staring at her with eyes wide.

Jong Kook hastily pushes her off him, making her fall to the floor.

"Hyung, did you see it?", he asks as he sits up.

"See what exactly?", Jae Seok asks,his brows arched so high in his forehead.

"What were you both doing?", Dong Hoon asks suspiciously.

"Nothing!", Jong Kook says.

"Then why is she..over you?"

"Seriously, why do i always catch you guys doing something unusual?", Kwang Soo asks.

Ji Hyo does not bother getting up and just rolls flat on her back, staring at the blue sky.

"Go on. Add Jong Kook Hyung in my list of guys.", she says, throwing the reared poster to their direction.

But it simply swerves away from them.

"Eehy, why are you lying in there? None of it is true, you should just ignore them.", Seok Jin adviced.

"Sly....deceiver..", she enumerates and then smiles without humor. "How strange the sound of those words are."

"Yah. Get up there. ", Jong Kook says, bending down to hold one of her arms to lift her up. 

But she simply did not obey, making it heavy for him. 

"Yah. ", he says. 

But she just stares up at the sky, wishing she can fly and escape all the troubles she is having. 

Eun Hye's pretty face suddenly covers her view. 

"Ji Hyo-ah.. that's okay. Come on and get up. ", she says and gently holds her hand for her to pull. 

Only then does her tears starts to flow out of her eyes. 

She sits up. "Eonnie! ", she burst out crying, loudly, hysterically, without a care in the world. 

Eun Hye hugs her and sooths her back as she cries there, pouring all of her hurts on her shoulder. 

"Go on. It's okay to cry. ", Eun Hye whispers to her.

And she does as she is told.