The Ex

Spartace: School Love Affair

"Ji Hyo-yaaaah.. ", Gary calls as Ji Hyo walks in the hallway in the school.

"Oppa. "

"You seem to be bright today. Your aunt is not bothering you anymore? ", he asks.

She sighs. "That's what i've been worried about, oppa. She's unsually staying still, which i suspect is not a good omen. Like it's the calm before a storm. "

He taps her shoulder as he says, "You're overthinking again. You should just relax. "

She smiles. "Yeah. Relax. ", she says weakly, remembering the other reason that she can not do as told.

Ithe idea is reaaaally ridiculous.. But who knows, right?

She often hears in the news that there are so many teenagers who get pregnant these days.

It may be a strange idea, but sge thinks it is not impossible for Jong Kook to have a child in the age of around fourteen.

"Ah, oppa. "

"Yes? "

"It's about Jong Kook hyung.. "

He chuckles silently. "You still call him that? "

It takes her a while to realize what she is talking about. It is becoming a habit that she is starting to say it naturally, making her unaware of it.

"Ah. Yes. I'm..quite getting use to it. But oppa.. "

He stares at her with his brows raised,  waiting for her to ask.

"Did you hear about him dating a girl before? "

"Dating? ", Gary pauses to think. "Oh. I heard that there is one, before. "

"Reaaally? "

"Yes. "

"Where is the girl now? "

"I heard that she transfered to another school. "

Maybe she did not. Maybe she got pregnant and had a baby that is why she can not attend school! , she thinks.

"In what grade? "

"Like.. In middle school? "

Her eyes widens. She does not want to think about what Jong Kook did back then, if ever her speculation is true.

"Does he have a sister, oppa? "

"Not that i heard of. Even Jae Suk hyung does not know a lot about his family. "

She sighs in frustration. She wants to know the truth so badly.

"But why are you asking these questions? ", Gary asks.

"Nothing! "

"Are you interested in him? ", he asks.

She shakes her head so hard. "Of course not. I just find him.. mysterious. "

"What about me? Aren't you gonna ask if i had ever had a relationship before? "

She smiles wide at Gary's joke. "Let's talk about it next time, oppa. "

"Really? "

She nods.

"That's a promise, okay? "

She pauses to think, but it does not need long for her to decide. She knows Gary is good enough to hang out with.

"Sure. "

"I'll be looking forward to it! ", he assures before he turns on another hallway.

At lunch time, she spots Kim Jong Kook eating alone in a table. The others are not around yet,  so she heads towards him.

It might be weird for her to be eating alone with him, but her curiousity is almost killing her and she has to know what she wants to know before it kills her.

So she sits across him and starts eating her food.

"Hyung-nim.. Why are you alone? ", she asks.

He looks up at her, and she sees the a bruise in where he was hut yesterday. The other part is not bruised, but it is swelling a bit.

He does not say a word and continues eating.

"Jong Kook hyung.. are you alright? ", she asks, sincerely.

That seems to have weaken his resolve. His dark brown eyes seemd to relax a bit.

"You've been having these wounds and bruises lately.. I just want to know if you need help or not. "

"Why would i need help from someone like you? "

"Someone like me. Elaborate. ", she orders.

"Someone who does not even care about her friends. "

She stares at him, surprised. What he has just said made an impact.

"Yah---! "

"You don't even consider anybody as friends. So why would you ask if i'm alright? "

"Yah, Kim Jong Kook! ", she says, already annoyed. "I get it that your trying out the cold and strong concept. But i'm the only one here who is showing even the tiniest bit of care about you. You should appreciate that fact alone. "

"Thank you. ", he says coldly.

"Can't you be any more colder? ", she asks sarcastically.

He does not answer and just continues eating.

"Why are you even showing the tiniest bit of concern? ", he later asks.

"Huh? Uuuhh.. ", her voice falters, not knowing what to say.

"Jong Kook-ah! ", Jae Suk calls, saving her from answering.

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo turns their head to his direction. He is together with the others, but his eyes were wide, as if he has seen a ghost.

Both of them follow his gaze and see what surprised him.

A girl has just came next to their table,  and she looks at them with what seems to be a forced smile.

Ji Hyo has to admit that the girl is beautiful, that even some boys around are looking at her.

She radiates the aura of feminity, with her light brown hair falling in a bobby shape right over her shoulders, her eyes seems to be smiling with her kissable lips.

"Hello, Jong Kook-ah. ", she greets.

Ji Hyo looks at Jong Kook and sees a glint of anxiety in his eyes as he stares at her intently.

"Eun Hye-ah. ", he says. "What are you doing here? "

The girl named Eun Hye smiles wider. "I transferred here. Just a few days ago. "

"Oh. ", Jong Kook simply says.

"So.. ", Eun Hye falters, her eyes looking back and forth at the both of them.

Ji Hyo's brows furrow, unable to understand what she is trying to say.

But Jae Suk takes that as a queue to in.

"Eun Hye-ssi! It's good to see you again! ", he greets as he sits next to Jong Kook.

The others joins them, too.

"Why don't you join us? ", Jae Suk invites her.

She gladly sits next to Ji Hyo as she continues to converse with Jae Suk and Jong Kook.

While Ji Hyo sits there, wondering who this girl is.

Then she gasps at the idea that suddenly crosses her mind, making all in that table stop whatever they are doing and looks at her.

"What? What's wrong, Ji Hyo-ah? ", Gary asks.

She blinks as she suddenly realized what she had just did. Then she looks down, embarassed.

"N-nothing. ", she says.

"So your name is Ji Hyo? ", Eun Hye asks.

"And yours is Eun Hye? ", she asks back.

Eun Hye smiles. "Yes. It's nice to meet you. "

Ji Hyo just nods, itching with curiousity.

"So you hang out with these guys? ", Eun Hye asks her after she has been introduced to all of the guys.

"We don't really hang out. We just.. naturally gather for no reason. ", she says.

"Ahh. ", Eun Hye just nods at the weird answer.

"Eun Hye-ssi.. can i ask you a question? ", she says, unable to contain her curiousity anymore.

"Yes, what is it? "

"Uhh.. you can refuse to answer this if you find it..crossing over your privacy. "

"Okay."

The others fall silent, waiting for her question. She looks around and sees that they are all staring at her.

"Have you.. perhaps.. dated Jong Kook hyung before? ", she asks.

Silence.

Silence rings in their table. All of them are surprised to hear her question, and the atmosphere immediately turns awkward.

"EEEHY! ", Kwang Soo breaks the silence as he puts her in a headlock.

"Argh! ", she grunts but he holds her still, pinching her shoulder as a punishment.

"This noona is really weird. She had just learned how to socialize so she does not know the proper things to---"

"Yes. ", Eun Hye answers, cutting Kwang Soo off.

"Huh? ", Kwang Soo asks.

"Yes, i'm his ex girlfriend. "

Ji Hyo's eyes widen, and she turns at Jong Kook.

He just gives her a piercing glare.