Naui Eonnie

Spartace: School Love Affair

Jong Kook has been ignoring Ji Hyo for over tgree days now. Despite their common friends, it is not hard to do though, for Ji Hyo is also trying her best to avoid him.

He can not believe she thought he already has a  daughter. It is the most ridiculous idea ever!

"Hyung.. why don't you make piece with Ji Hyo now? ", Gary asks when he joins him in the school bench together with Kwang Soo and Joong Ki. 

"Forget it. ", he says. 

"Hyung, it's not really Ji Hyo's fault that she thought of that. No one of us even knew you had a sister! "

"It's because you guys never asked. "

"It's because you never mentioned your family, Hyung. ", Kwang Soo says. 

"Ji Hyo-ah! ", Gary calls when he sees her passing by. 

Jong kOok and Kwang Soo turns to her direction, too. But she just gives them a blank look like she usually does and then looks straight ahead.

"Hah!", Jong Kook exclaims in irritation. "Just look at that girl! She is not even sorry!"

"Hyung, you know Ji Hyo noona never had friends before.", Kwang Soo reminds him.

"Ji Hyo-ssi!", Eun Hye calls her as she catches up with her.

"Now she has one.", Jong Kook tells Kwang Soo,referring to the scene.

They watches as Ji Hyo and Eun Hye walks together out of the school.

"It's really strange how girls can get so close in just a matter of seconds.", Kwang Soo sats, gaping at the two girls.

"Well, i should go now.", Jong Kook says as he sees the time in his watch.

It is already Jong Han's dismissal time.

"Anyone can mistake you as a teenage dad with what you're doing.", Gary says.

"Whatever.", he says and takes a step, only to stop and close his eyes.

He has just felt his head turn, and his vision temporarily blurring.

"Hyung, are you alright?", Kwang Soo asks. 

"Yes, i'm alright. ", he lies. 

He opens his eyes and stares at nothing, waiting for his vision to clear and for the ache in his head to fade. 

As soon as it disappears, he continues to walk away. 

While he is heading towards Jong Han's nursery school, he is enduring the heavy feeling that is burdening his body, his eyes slowly turning teary and hot. 

When he arrives in the nursery school, Jong Han immediately runs toward him. 

"Jong Kook hyung.. Are you alright? ", she asks. 

"Of course. "

"You seem slow today. Are you sick? "

"No, i'm alright.", he says, just to make sure the child will not worry. 

But he knows that Jong Han knows. She is holding on to his hand tighter than usual, as if she is ready to support him in case he falls. And she is also leading the way, which she has already gotten familiar with. 

That sweet gesture is the only thing that is keeping him on his feet. The ache in his head is getting worser, making him feel like it will break any second. 

Eveey step is getting harder, and he is having a hard time to breath. He just wants to lay down and wait for the pain to subside, but he keeps walking for Jong Han's sake. 

It is the longest ten minute walk for him, and he is a bit relieved when Jong Han announces that they are already in the gate of their house. 

She pulls him inside the house and makes him sit in the couch. 

Then she stands right in front of him, examining his face. 

"Oppa, are you okay now? ", she asks. 

He manages to chuckle despute his pain. "Now you're calling me oppa? "

She does not get on with his joke and places her small palm against his forehead. 

"You have a fever, Oppa. ", she says and hurries to the refrigerator. 

He closes his eyes for a bit, but the his headache just turns worst. 

Jong Han comes back with a glass of water in her both hands. "Drink water for now, oppa. "

"Thanks. ", he says and drinks it. 

But he chokes on it and the water rises up in his nose. He stands up to put the glass in tge table, only to collapse on the floor because of dizziness. 

"OPPA! ", Jong Han yells anxiously as she kneels next to him, who is lying in the floor next to the broken glass. 

His head had hit the floor that it makes his headache hell. He clenches his teeth and eyes tight to avoid making a noise, but it is too painful that a grunt escapes his lips. 

This makes Jong Han panic, and she starts crying. 

Then he feels her get up. 

He looks at her through hus bkurry vision and sees that she is taking out the phone from the drawer which he gave to her for emergencies. 

"Jong Han-ah.. who are you calling? You.. only have my number in there. "

"Stay still, oppa. ", she sees between her sobs. "I'll be calling for help. "

"Whoare you calling? "

"Eonnie! ", Jong Han says to the phone, it seems like she really called someone. 

Jong Kook is too focused in his pain to wonder who that certain Eonnie is. 

And he blacks out before he can even find out who it is. 

Song ji Hyo hastily rides a taxi from home the moment she receives Jong Han's call. 

She never has a sister before and she finds the sound of a crying child scary and worrying. 

Sge wonders about all the possible things that could have happened in the ten-minute ride towards Jong Han's home. 

She slides out of the taxi when she arrives and barges into the dim house. 

There, she sees Jong Han crying over Kim Jong Kook's unconscious body on the floor, her cheeks wet with tears and her sobs can be heard all over the house. 

"Eonnie! ", she cries. "My jong kook oppa! My jong Kook oppa won't wake up! "

She drops to her knees next to Jong Han and places her palm on Jong Kook's forehead. 

"Is he going to die?", the child asks desperately. 

Jong Kook is literally burning hot, and he is slightly trembling. 

"Jong Han-ah stop crying. Your oppa's gonna be alright. ", she comforts the child as she gets to the kitchen and grabs a towel and a basin, pours water in it and brings it back to where Jong Kook is. 

She places the damp towel over Jong Kook's forehead. 

"Don't worry, okay? ", she says to Jong Han. "He's just sleeping. "

"Really? "

She nods and tap the towel on Jong Kook's face and neck. 

"He's gonna wake up soon. ", she assures Jong Han, who has thankfully stopped sobbing and is now just sniffling. 

After she has lowered Jong Kook's temperature, she half-lift, half-drags her towards his room and lays him on his bed. 

Jong Han helps her in shifting Jong Kook in a comfortable position and covering him with a blanket. 

She is amazed by how a little child can worry about an adult. 

She never felt the love of a sibling before and she used to not mind it, but now that she is witnessing it in her own eyes, she is getting envious. 

As she sits in the love seat in the corner of the room, she sees Jong Han struggling to fight sleep next to Jong Kook. 

Her eyelids are heavily dropping, but she is trying to keep it open. 

"Jong Han-ah.. you should get to sleep, too. ", she says. 

"I'm waiting for Jong Kook oppa to wake up. ", she says sleepily. 

Ji Hyo smiles, and she pulls the loveseat right next to the bed so she will be near Jong Han. 

She opens her arms and say, "Come here. "

She slides off the bed and Ji Hyo makes her sit on her lap, leaning Jong Han's back on her chest as she wraps her arms around the child. 

"I'll wake you up when he wakes up. "

"Really? "

"Mm. "

"You won't leave? "

"I won't."

"Eonnie.. ", Jong Han says despite, her eyes slowly closing. 

"Hm? "

"Can you be.. my real eonnie? "

Ji Hyo pauses, her mind going blank. 

She is taken aback by the child's question, and something in her chest has just made a somersault down to her stomach and back up. 

"O-of course.. ", she says when she recovers.