Ex's and Oh's

Spartace: School Love Affair

"As expected, Jong Kook-ah.. ", Eun Hye says to him as she stares up at his eyes. 

He wonders how she can even meet his eyes despite the fact that she has been caught. 

And why did she not deny it? It could have been better for Jong Kook if she has just denied it. 

He could have believed her and turn a blind eye. 

But no. She stands right in front of him, firm and still, her eyes staring back at his piercing ones with a glint of mischief. 

"You really do know me, huh? ", she asks, as if that fact amuses her. 

"Why did you do it? ", he asks, trying to control his voice for a lot of students are passing by them in the walkway leading to the school gate. 

She scoffs as she looks away. "And you're still as insensitive as usual. ", she says. 

"Answer me. Why did you do that to Ji Hyo? "

"Ahh. I hear it again. ", she says, calmly, but with a hint of annoyance in her tone. "I keep hearing it, you know. More than my own name. "

He stares at her in surprise. He can not believe Eun Hye is feeling like this to Ji Hyo. 

He still can't believe she managed to act so friendly and close to Ji Hyo when all those times, all she ever thought was how annoying Ji Hyo was. 

"I did not expect this from you, Eun Hye. "

"Haven't you guys heard yourselves? You're all like Ji Hyo's slaves. Always looking for her when she's not around, always paying attention to her when she is."

Now that Eun Hye says it, he kind of realized that she is right. But that does not mean she can do anything to Ji Hyo. 

"It's because---! "

"She's the only girl? I'm trying to fit in with you guys, but you always treat me like i'm an outsider! 

Eun Hye-ah, have you seen jI Hyo? 

Noona, have you seen Ji Hyo Noona? 

That's usually the thing you guys ask me whenever you see me around and it annoys the hell out of me!"

"It's not Ji Hyo's fault that we are asking that to you! "

"No, of course not. She just roams around, uncaring about you guys but you still continue caring about her. "

He closes his eyes and keeps his mind on focus before he looks at her again. 

"But Eun Hye. This is not enough reason for you to do this to Ji Hyo. "

"No, i have enough reason to do this to her. ", she insists, her gaze unwavering. "You act like there had been nothing between us, and then treat that girl as if she's someone special to you! 

You can't see me when she's around!"

"Yoon Eun Hye. ", he says, surprised at what she is saying. 

Now, he can see her eyes starting to water. Bur she keeps his gaze in hers. 

"Yes, Oppa! I still can not forget about us. I can not get over the times when you only see me. "

"But Eun Hye-ah, that was a long time ago. ", he says, not knowing what to do with a girl who is in the verge of tears right in front of him. 

After saying that, Eun Hye breaks out in tears. 

He looks around in panic to see if someone is around, but the school has already been deserted without their knowing. 

The only people around is them. 

That seems to be in their favor. 

Jong Kook gently pulls her towards the bench nearest to them as she cries. 

He sits about a meter away from her, uncomfortable in seeing her cry. 

He just doesn't know what to do. He hates seeing girls cry. 

"Eun Hye-ah..", he says but falters. He has nothing to say. 

She is hanging her head low, sobbing softly and sniffling. 

"I'm sorry.. I did not know that's what you're feeling. ", he says. 

"Would you have stayed away from Ji Hyo if i told you earlier? ", she asks, her voice hoarse from crying. 

He opens his mouth to answer but then closes it. 

Could he have stayed away if he knows? 

Why would he? 

Ji Hyo is just a friend who knows a part of his life that others doesn't. 

All his life, he lived between school and home, sneaking out of hang outs just to go home early to Jong Han. 

But when Ji Hyo came, she somehow relieves him from that burden. She kind of connected the two worlds that he is living separately, just by being present in both. 

So he can't really say that he can stay away from Ji Hyo easily. 

His long pause somehow tells Eun Hye of his unspoken answer, and she scoffs. 

"I know it. You can't.", she says bitterly. 

"It's not what you think it is. It's just because she is like a sister to me. ", he says. 

"Right. ", she says sarcastically. 

Then she already stands upand dries her tear stained face. 

"I have to go. ", she says in a clearer voice. "I can't guarantee that i'll be good to her. ", she says and walks away before he can say something. 

Not that he has something to say, anyway. 

He is confused. 

Eun Hye has been an important part of his life. After all, she had been once his happiness. His light when his world was dark. And though they had broken up, he still is grateful for the times she spent with him. 

But then comes Ji Hyo. He can't really say that he knows her really well. But she is still one of the few people who knows a parr of him that others doesn't, and that somehow makes her special. Though he can not still put Ji Hyo in a category of people. 

She is like an enemy but at the same time a friend. 
Like a stranger who is a sister at the same time. 
A kind of comfort but is somehow also a pain in the head. 

So he just stares blankly at Eun Hye's retreating back as she walks away and fades in his sight.