Sororities and Sleeping Beauty

Spartace: School Love Affair

"Ji Hyo-ah..", Dong Hoon calls when they were already in bed that night. 

Ji Hyo decided not to go back in her assigned room again, the guys let her without asking anymore questions. 

"Yes? ", she asks from the bed she had slept on last night. Jong Kook had already agreed to stay with Kwang Soo in one bed. 

"You should start calling us Oppa now."

"What? ", she asks, surprised. 

"Right. What's wrong with that? ", Jae Suk asks and the others agree. 

"But.. ", she falters. She could feel the heat rising up to her cheeks with the thought. 

She had not been around boys before and she had only called that endearment to her male cousins. 

"Why are you blushing? Are you that thrilled to call me Oppa? ", Gary teases from the bed next to hers. 

"No.. ", she defends and tries to keep a straight face despite of seeing Gary's teasing face. 

"Look at her! ", Kwang Soo urges as he points at points at her. 

She knows what he is talking about. She can feel the heat growing from warm to hot in her cheeks and she is certain she is blushing tomato red by now, making the guys laugh. 

She looks away from them to conceal her blushing face, deliberately making her hair fall down to cover her face. 

"Ahh, i did not know Ji Hyo has this cute side of her. ", Jong Kook says. 

"Right. We always see a blank look on her face at school. ", Jae Suk adds. 

Ji Hyo lifts her head up when she feels that her cheeks aren't warm anymore. 
"You better stop now. ", she says with a warning tone. 

After the teasing dies down, everyone were already lying in there bed, asleep. 

She could not sleep though so she decides to head out of the room. 

"Where are you going? ", someone asks before she could close the door. 

She looks back and sees Jong Kook, lying next to the snoring Kwang Soo. 

"Uh.. just going out for some air. "

"You better not get in trouble again.", he reminds. 

"Tss. ", she rolls her eyes and closes the door behind her. 

The corridor is well lit but it is now empty. She silently walks towards the balcony of the second floor lobby and is met by the cold gush of air. 

She pulls her jacket tight into her skin as she walks towards the railings, amazed by the sight below. 

The lawn and trees below are being lit by the bright moon's silver glow, making it look mysteriously beautiful.

The cold night breeze blows her dark long hair away, but she does not care, for nobody is there to judge her. 

She breathes in the cold air, feeling free for the first time in a while now. That alone makes her thankful that she gets to come in a place like this. 

Suddenly, she hears the sound of footsteps, making her spin around. 

She sees the form of the girl she had hit in the arm earlier, together with a bunch of mean looking girls, and she immediately knows she is in trouble. 

"Should we make her pay back, Lilia?", one girl asks the one she had hit earlier. 

"Let's begin. ", Lilia answers. 

She backs away and is cornered in the railings with girls appoaching in both her sides. 

"Are you in a sorority or something? ", she asks. 

Instead of answering, two girls grab her by the arms. 

She slung them away as she yells, "Don't you dare touch me! "

Both the girls who grabbed her tumbles backwards but recovers before they could fall to the floor. 

"She's quite strong. ", one of them says in annoyance. 

She could have fought them off 1vs5 but she is not that great and after that one episode of resistance, they simply grab her by the hair and drag her out of the building while Lilia covers to prevent her from making a noise. 

They push her to the ground the moment they reach a good distance from the house, and she nearly kisses the ground if her arms are not strong enough to stop the fall. 

Unfortunately, it also hit some pebbles and rocks, and she immediately feels the sting in her forearms. 

She prevents the curse from escaping and gets to her feet. 

"Ooh. You're the annoying type, huh.", Lilia says. Ji Hyo sees a flash of her mischievous grin against the moonlit darkness. 

"What do you want? ", Ji Hyo asks. 

"Want? Hmm. Let's see.. I want to break your arm like you did to mine. I want to kick your face again and again until it bleeds to tatters. And i want you out of here. "

"All this for a simple accident? "

"Accident? Hey, you ! ", Lilia calls her. 

It rings in her ears again and again, her temper rising at danger point. "What? ", she asks in a challenging tone. 

Did she just call her ? 

"Yes. . You dare sleep in a room together with seven guys. "

"Hey, listen. My mind isn't as contaminated as yours. "

Lilia chuckles. "She's even acting innocent. Girls, just get on with damaging that face of hers. She's getting irritating by the second. "

Ji Hyo tries to get up but two girls grab her by the arms and lifts her up in a kneeling position, and then another girl slaps her face hard that she think her head is about to fall off her body. 

She grits her teeth to prevent making a sound. She is not going to give them the satisfaction of hearing her pain. 

It has been about her fourth slap when they hear the sound of shoes stepping on gravel. 

The girls look at the direction it is coming, and even Ji Hyo sees a silhouette of a tall, bulky figure in a distant. 

The person stops when he sees them. "J-Ji Hyo? "

That sound of someone recognizing her sends a bit of relief in her chest. 

But before the guy can do something, four of the girls approaches the guy. 

Strangely, he backs away. 

"Wait. Wait. ", he says, his voice turning panicked as the girls come and grab him on either arms. 

"Wait, don't make me hurt you! ", he says. 

Ji Hyo stands up but stays cautious with Lilia still standing near her. 

"Aish! Why don't you just push them away! ", she yells at the guy whom she suspect is Jong Kook. 

"I might hurt one of them! "

"Yah! Is now the time to be worrying about that?! "

"Ahhh! Just go! ", he yells as he turns around and runs away, with the girls on her wake. 

​​​

Kim Jong Kook is exhausted. He had just lost his chasing squad after taking a few turns around the area full of trees, stumbling on the ground and getting his knees wounded in the process. 

Still, he is relieved to see Ji Hyo back in their room as he enters. 

She is sitting in the bed that used to be his, being pampered by the other guys. 

Gary hangs a blanket around her shoulders and makes sure she does not get cold. Joong Ki offers her a cup of hot chocolate. While Kwang Soo is mending the wounds in her arms. 

He receives a glare from her as he walks in. 

"Why did those girls do this to you? ", Dong Hoon asks, his brows creased in anxiety. 

"I don't know. ", Ji Hyo says. 

"Hey! How could you head out alone at night? What could have happened if i did not see you from this window? ", Gary scolds, pointing the window of the room. "I almost ignored it thinking you were just a bunch of girls sneaking around. "

Ji Hyo keeps quiet and just looks down. 

"Argh! ", she snaps at Kwang Soo. "It hurts, you-----! ",she stops before she could say what was in her mind. 

Kwang Soo stares at her in disbelief though. "What were you about to call me? ", he asks. 

"Nothing. ", she answers. 

Jong Kook lies in his own bed, ignoring the commotion in the room. 

An hour later, the others starts going back to bed and sleep, but he is still wide awake. 

He almost screams out loud when he sees a long haired woman approach his bed in the darkness. 

He gets up when he realizes it is just Ji Hyo wearing her hair down on her shoulders. 

"Yah! ", he yells in silence. 

"Follow me. ", she orders in a low voice and then heads out the door without waiting for him. 

He has no choice but to follow, closing the door behind him silently. 

"Yah! How could you sneak out this easily after what happened? ", he asks when they arrive in the lobby where there were couches set up as a waiting area. 

"Sit down. ", she says, pointing the couch. 

"Stop ordering me around. ", he complains but still sits on the couch.

She does not answer and instead sets down a medicine kit, which he did not notice she was carrying, in the table in front of them. 

She sits on her knees next to him and takes out some cotton balls and antiseptic. 

He seems to be surprised of what she is doing, and he instinctively inches away. 

But she gives him a piercing glare and pulls his knees closer. 

"What are you doing? ", he asks. 

She does not answer and just starts tapping the wet cotton ball on his wound. 

"Argh! ", he grunts. 

"Tss. How can a guy be so cowardly? ", she criticizes. 

He pauses and stares at her, trying to figure out if she is talking about what is happening or about what happened earlier. But her pale, pretty face is just too blank to read. 

"Don't put too much pressure on it. ", he says hesitantly. 

Her eyes looks at him judgingly. 

He suddenly feels uncomfortable than he already is. 

"I couldn't hurt a girl! It would be bad for me! ", he says, referring to what happened earlier. 

"I did not say anything. ", she says flatly. 

He grits his teeth in annoyance. "Then talk clearer! You're confusing people with your short lines--argh! ", he snaps, feeling pain from his wound as Ji Hyo presses it hard again. 

Then he stares at her. "Yah! Did you do that on purpose--argh! Yah! Stop it! "

"It's too small of wound for a man to be complaining about. ", she says without lifting her gaze up from his wound. 

"Yah, even a papercut stings a lot. Men are still human, in case you don't know. "

He hears her chuckle silently. 

"Why? What's funny? "

"You're right. I don't know about that. "

"Then did you use to think that we were robots? ", he asks in an insulted tone. 

"Not until i heard this. "

"Argh! ", he snaps again as she dabs the cotton strongly on his wound. "Yah! ", he scolds. 

He could see her faint smile as she places the cotton down and sits next to her. 

"Are you having fun hearing me grunt? ", he asks. 

Her smile turns even more visible despite of her suppressing it. 

"I'm not. ", she denies and looks away. 

"Yes, you are. ", he insisted, pointing her face. 

That is when she burst out laughing, surprising him even more. 

Her smile sounds so contagious that he later finds himself smiling. 

"You just looked so funny running away from a bunch of girls earlier. And now you're whining over a small wound. I did not expect to see this from you hahaha! "

"Yah, you better stop laughing.", he says later. 

Her laughter dies down, but she is still smiling as she slumps back in the back rest of the couch. 

"How about you? Are you alright? ", he asks, eyeing her bandaged arms. 

"Yeah. Those guys might be annoying, but they took good care of me earlier. It's quite surprising, actually. ", she says. 

"What's so surprising about that? It's even more surprising that you tended my wounds. "

She sighs. "Yeah. You might have been a coward but thanks to you, i did not receive my fourth slap earlier. "

"Yah! Don't call me a coward. ", he orders. "But anyway.. you should put a cold compress in that, you know. It might swell in the morning. ", he says, staring at her face. 

He could spot the slap marks on them as he stares, and it was also beginning to swell. 

"Hmm. Right. ", she says in a murmur. Only then did he noticed her eyes drooping heavily, like her eyelids are starting to get heavy. 

"Yah! Don't you dare fall asleep in here! ", he warns. 

Her eyes opens wide as she shakes her head. "I won't. "

"Good. Let me just get something cold for you to press on that swelling face then. ", he says and stands up. 

He heads towards the kitchen and looks for something cold. He found a cold compress bag and puts ice inside it. Then he head back to the lobby. 

"Aishhh.. "

Ji Hyo is already sleeping in the couch. 

He draws near her and gently shakes her shoulders. 

"Yah. Song Ji Hyo. You can't sleep in here. ", he tries to wake her up. 

But she just slaps his hand away and moans in complain. 

"Yah! Wake up and let's get back to the room. "

"I'll.. Kill you.. ", she mutters, making him stop the attempt of waking her up. 

"This girls is quite scary. ", he says, staring down at her who is sleeping comfortably in the couch. "Aish, this girl, seriously! "

He has no choice and he lifts her up in his arms. 

"Aigoo! How could a girl be this heavy! ", he says. 

He is even more surprised that she still looks so comfortable despite the fact that he is already carrying her. 

"You're such a good sleeper, Song Ji Hyo! ", he says as they enter the room and he throws her down in her bed. 

She did not even feel the impact and just stays sleeping. 

He shakes his head in disbelief. 

He pulls the blanket up to her shoulders before going to sleep next to Kwang Soo.