The Messenger

Spartace: School Love Affair

It has already been a week, and Song Ji Hyo's life is becoming even boring. 

Her aunt has enrolled her to piano lessons, and she is forced to attend it right after her regular classes end. 

She is heading to her classroom one morning when she is approached by one guy who is hanging around in the doorway before she has arrived. 

"Excuse me. ", he says. 

She stops in front of him and gives him a questioning look. 

"Do you know who the class president is? "

She stares at him, now focused because of the mention of her title. 

"Do you need something from the class president? ", she asks. 

The guy smiled shyly. "Ah, yes. I need to give this letter to her. ", he says, showing her a paper in his hand. 

Is he a messenger?, she wonders. 

She reaches out her hand to receive it. "I'll make sure she'll receive it. ", she says. 

Delivery guy stares at her with hesitation. "But.. I need to see her receive it. ", he insists. 

She reaches for the paper and snatches it with a swift and small motion, her eyes staring at him as if waiting for him to disagree. 

But he shows no sign of resisting. He just glances at her eyes for a split second, looks away and does a curt nod. 

"Okay. Please make sure she'll be there. ", he says and walks away. 

"Be there? Be where? ", she asks, but all gets is the sight of his retreating back. 

She reads the text in the paper and immediately feels defiant about it. 

The trio who made her class president arrive just in time. 

"Class President! ", Ha Dong Hoon greets when they came in the doorway. 

"Hello! ", Lee Kwang Soo adds. 

"Good Morning. ", Song Joong Ki says. 

They pass by her and enter the classroom. They are just about to head to their seats when she turns to their direction. 

"Hey! You three! ", she calls. 

The trio halt and turn to her with a questioning look. 

"Follow me. ", she orders and walks into the hallways. 

She does not even turn to see if they followed. She even thought they did not just to try and make fun of her. 

How embarassing would that be? 

But then she hears a couple of footsteps as if someone fell behind. 

She turns just in time to see Kwang Soo getting up from the floor. 

"Hyung! What was that for? ", he asks Ha Dong Hoon, who is laughing silently. 

"I did not do it.", he denies. 

"I saw you stuck out your foot, hyung! "

"Then why did you not dodge it? ", he asks mischievously. 

"Hey. ", she interrupts. 

The three of them looks at her with those identical dumb looks. She wonders how Song Joong Ki, who looks good, could be together with these two and acts like them, too. 

"Walk faster. The class is about to start. "

"Why did you call us, anyway? Miss Song? ", Ha Dong Hoon asks. 

She stops walking when they came to an empty corridor and passes the paper to them. 

Song Joong Ki takes it and the three of them lean closer to read it. 

"Oh? All class presidents are invited to the school auditorium for a meeting! ", Lee Kwang Soo announces cheerfully and looks at Ji Hyo. "Are you thanking us for electing you as class president? "

"No. ", she says flatly. "You elected me as president. So you guys take responsibility and go there. "

"Oh. ", Song Joong Ki nods floatingly. 

Ji Hyo stares at them and starts counting mentally.. 

3, 2, 1..

"What?! ", the trio snaps in unison, only getting what she means just then. 

"B-but, Miss Song, you're---! "

"Not interested in being class president but you made me. So one of you go there. "

"No. We can't just go there. We'll have no idea what they will be talking about. "

"And do you think i have? "

"Miss Song---"

"Enough. One of you go. ", she says dismissively and leaves, ignoring their words of protests.