JI HYO PPABO

Spartace: School Love Affair

Ji Hyo peeks from behind a brick wall,  trying to see if Jong Kook is in the house where he left Jong Han the other day. 

 

She sees him going out and taking the opposite direction as she is, so she comes out of hiding and geads towards the house. 

 

"Jong Han-ah.. ", she calls. 

 

She can hear small hurrying footsteps heading to the door and it immediately opens. 

 

"Eonnie! ", she yells, her eyes shining brightly at the sught of her. 

 

She hugs Ji Hyo's waist immediately, and she sooths the child's hair. 

 

"Have you been well? ", she asks. 

 

Jong Han nods as she looks up at her. "Jong Kook hyung is taking good care of me. "

 

"Good. Here, this is for you. ", she says, giving her the black plastic bag that is full of food. 

 

"Thank you. ", she says, taking the food and pulling Ji Hyo by the hand towards inside. 

 

"Eonnie, you're really beautiful. ", the child says as she eats. 

 

Ji Hyo smiles at her. "And you're beautiful, too. "

 

"Yes. Jong Kook hyung says i look like mom. "

 

She immediately thinks of Eun Hye. Yeah, your mom is really beautiful., she wants to say. 

 

"Eonnie, why don't you come her with him? ", she asks. 

 

"Huh? "

 

"I mean, why don't you come here together? "

 

"Ahh. It's because i can't see him during dismissal time. "

 

"Why? Did you not tell me you were friends? "

 

"Yes, we are. But he has a lot of friends. "

 

"No, he doesn't. "

 

"Yes, he has. Is the sausage delicious? "

 

She nods. "It's really delicious. Especially because you're the one who brought it. "

 

Ji Hyo chuckles. "So you know how to sweet talk, huh? "

 

Jong Han just giggles. 

 

But then, Ji Hyo's phone rings. 

 

It's a call from her mother, telling her to go home. 

 

So she bids goodbye to the child and goes home. 

 

On the next day, Ji Hyo is alone in the rooftop when Jong Kook comes and joins her. 

 

"Yah, Song Ji Hyo. ", he calls. 

 

She turns around and looks at him. His bruises are beginning to heal, but she can see the dark circles in his eyes, as if he is really exhausted. 

 

"What? ", she asks. 

 

He marches towards her, his eyes staring. "Why did you have to ask that? "

 

"Ask what? ", she asks cluelessly. 

 

"That..thing you asked Eun Hye yesterday! "

 

"Ahhh. You mean, if she is your ex girlfriend? "

 

"Yes! "

 

"I just want to know. ", she simply says. 

 

"Yah! It's rude to ask that right when you just met her. "

 

"Eeehy, Eun Hye did not mind it. "

 

"Yah, Song Ji Hyo. Do you ever think what people show is always really the truth? "

 

"Of course not! ", she says meaningfully, referring to Jong Kook having Jong Han. "I'm not that stupid. "

 

"Then are you really convinced that you asking that question is really okay for Eun Hye? "

 

She stares at him suspuciously. "Why? Is your relationship something that can not be forgotten easily? "

 

The question makes Jong Kook back away a few inches and looks away. "Why are you so.. annoying? "

 

"Why aren't you answering my question? "

 

"Why are you asking these questions?"

 

"Why are you being so secretive? "

 

Jong Kook sighs in surrender. "I nevwr knew you were this loud. ", he says. "Song Ji Hyo. "

 

""What? ", she asks in irritation. 

 

"I don't know why you're being nosy or what.. But i would like it if you don't mind my own business. Stop staring at me as if i have some big secret or anything, and don't mind the wounds that i'm getting. It's nothing dangerous. ", he says. 

 

"Why do you describe me like i'm some kind of stalker? "

 

"Aren't you? "

 

"Yah! " ,she snaps. 

 

"Why are you being so nosy, anyway? "

 

She sighs. "Jong Kook-ssi..", she starts seriously. 

 

"What? "

 

"Why don't you just tell the others so we can help you? ", she suggests. 

 

"Tell what? "

 

"Yoyr biggest secret. "

 

He scoffs, as if he is finding it funny. "And what is that supposed to be? "

 

"You're really denying it till the end, huh? ", she challenges. 

 

She stares at his gaze and finds him a very good actor. She is almost convinced that ge really doesn't know. 

 

"What am i denying? "

 

"You really want me to say it? "

 

"Say it. "

 

"What if i'm right? You're telling the others? "

 

"Let's hear that nonsense first. "

 

"JUST TELL TGE OTHERS THAT YOU'VE GOT A CHILD, STUPID! "

 

"WHAT?! ", Jong Kook snaps. 

 

"What did you say? ", Jae Suk asks as he bursts in together with the others, all of them wearing shocked expressions. 

 

"What do you mean, Ji Hyo-ah? "

 

"Do you really have a child, hyung? ", Kwang Soo asks, his eyes so wide. 

 

Jong Kook holds up his hand to silence the commotion. 

 

"Wait a minute.. ", he says, trying to realize the situation. 

 

"I'm sorry. ", she says. 

 

"Are you trying to say that.. ", he pokes a finger on his chest. "..I have a child?"

 

"Oh come on, Jong Kook-ssi! You're already busted! "

 

"Yah, Song Ji Hyo! "

 

"What? Isn't it true? I saw you with a child in the park and you were completely protective about her. It's nothing to be ashamed of, we will understand---"

 

"That's enough, Song Ji Hyo! ", he cuts off, surprising her with his loud voice. 

He stares at her eyes piercingly that it makes her realize how big of a trouble she had just gotten into. 

 

"What made you think she's my daughter, stupid? She's my sister, for God's sake! "

 

Right then and there, she wants the ground to crack open right under her feet and swallow her whole. 

 

"Sh-she's.. y-your sister? ", she stutters. 

 

"Did you really think i impregnated a girl right after middle school? ", he asks, insulted. 

 

"I-i-i thought.. "

 

"Stupid. ", he says and left.