Locked Up

Spartace: School Love Affair

A few days later, she arrives in school and walks along the pathway towards the front porch, ignoring the usual turn of the heads of other students. 

She even notices a few guys staring fondly at her direction, and on the other side are a few girls who are throwing piercing looks at her.

She just holds her head high and is about to pass through them when.. 

"Ji Hyo Noona! ", someone calls her. 

She tries to ignore it and continues walking. But someone grabs her shoulder, making her stop and look over her shoulder to see who it is. 

It is Song Joong Ki, annoying her early in the morning. 

"What? ", she asks. 

"I called you. Did you not hear me? ", he asks, one side of his lips curving up like a smile, like how it usually does whenever he speaks. Maybe it has already been a habit and he is not aware that he does that anymore. 

"No. ", she lies. 

"Oh. ", he just says unsuspectingly and they continue to walk. 

But she catches one of the girls, who had been glaring at her, say something that is obviously not a compliment for her. 

Why are they so bitter?, she wonders. Then she glances at Joong Ki who is walking next to her and is talking, not knowing that she is not listening. 

Maybe they're mad because this guy talks to me?, she suspects.

And judging from this guy's good looks (just looks,she convinces herself), it seems to be possible. Their glares went sharper when Joong Ki approached her earlier. 

"Are you listening to me? ", Joong Ki finally asks. 

"Yes. ", she lies. 

"What did i just say? "

"Uuhh.. "

He goggles. "I never thought you're weird. "

"I'm not. ", she says, her brows furrowing with the insult. 

"Yes, you are. ", he says. 

"Hey, how can you talk too casually towards me? I'm older than you and we're not that close. ", she scolds. 

But he smiles wide instead. "I don't care. I'll speak casually with Ji Hyo Noona. ", he says and places his arm over her shoulders. 

"Hey! ", she scolds but he leads her towards their classroom with a fast pace instead. 

After their class in the morning, Ji Hyo heads towards the restroom. 

But when she is about to go out, she gets confused when the door won't budge. 

Her brows furrowed and she tries to pull it open again. 

But it refuses to move. 

She starts to feel nervous. 

Is it really possible that somebody will prank her like this? 

She has been talked behind her back, criticized, laughed at, but she never experienced something as worse as this. 

She pulls and pushes the door, resisting herself from shouting for help, for she never cries for help. 

But after a few minutes of failed attempts, she finally shouts as she bangs the door with her fists. 

"Open this door! Hey! Open this door, you pathetic little witches! Or i'll pull your hair bald---"

She is about to hit the side of her fist harder towards the door when it suddenly swings open. 

She has to stop her fist in midair before she can hit the guy who has just opened the door and stepped into the threshold. 

She freezes when she recognize him, and her eyes turns wide. 

She stands there face to face with the broad-shouldered guy. Kim JongKook. 

She stares up at his brown hair covering his forehead and hiding his brows, down to his dark but small eyes, his broad-shoulders, then to his lean stomach, his long legs, and back to his face. 

He, on the other hand, has this weird looks on his face, as if he can not believe she is the one inside or he is wondering why she is inside the restroom, yelling. 

"Did i just hear you swear? ", he finally says. 

"No! ", she says too quickly, only realizing it then that she did swear, loudly. 

He stares at her, knowing that she is lying. "Okay, it was not you. I guess there is someone else in here then. ", he says, feigning ignorance as he looks inside the female restroom. 

She stares at him, knowing that he is mocking her. 

"Excuse me then. ", she says and passes by him. 

"You were locked up, right? ", he says before she can get further away. 

She stops and turns back to him, not knowing what to say. She is burning with rage inside, and she wants to slap whomever that person who dared to do that to her, but she also did not want the hassle. 

"You're a class president. And you're just letting this go? ", he asks. 

"I was not locked up. ", she says coldly. 

He scoffs, knowing too well that she is lying. "Fine. You were just shouting inside, banging the door loud because you feel it. Okay then. ", he says sarcastically. 

"Well, see you around then. ", he says in an unfriendly manner and walks past her. 

She stays there for a long moment, processing what he had just said. 

You're a class president. And you're just letting this go?

But the attention and hate she is getting is too much already. She does not need something to make it even worse.

She has to lie low.