Chapter 23 - Ninth Day of School Pt 1

little monstars; apply closed!

23
Ninth day of school Pt 1

   
 

  The kids looked at the lunch with frowns on their faces as they were looking at ham and cheese sandwhiches, apple slices, carrots with ranch, and water instead of juice as Hoseok made lunch today. Changkyun was still at home recovering so that meant someone esle had to take over to lunch. Seungjun was the first to pick up his sandwhich as he looked at the one slice of cheese and a couple slices of ham inbetween in the bread slices. He had taken out the letucce and other vegetables on it for the others as well as his own. "This ! Yesterday Kihyun made jelly triangles, left over apple sauce, and grapes and now we are eatting like hamsters!" Seungjun yelled as he dropped his sandwhich on the table. 

"I like it." Minho answered as he was munching on his sandwhich. 

"That is because you are a hamster." Haru stared at her lunch. "There isn't any rice, kimchi, or at least something for dessert. Just this stuff." Haru waved her arms. "At least Changkyun would cut up our carrots for us. Look, Haneul is going to break a tooth." Haru leaned over and snapped the boy's baby carrot in half for him. 

"We can't even have juice! Water, what favor is water!" Lil'Minhyuk crossed his arms

"How are you guys liking lunch?" Kihyun walked in as he saw all thier trays in the middle of the table as he could hear voices in the kitchen. "What are you guys doing?" He asked as he walked around the corner to see them all eatting from different containers from the fridge as Lil'Minhyuk was feeding a spoonful of mashed strawberries to Minjae who was clapping. 

"We aren't hamsters!" Seungjun said as he had spoon ful of mixed up fried rice with some cooked chicken. 

"So Hoseok didn't do a good job? I thought he made sandwhiches?" Kihyun asked 

"Yeah with one slice of cheese, the green stuff, just a couple slices of ham, no cut up carrots, and water. WATER!" Haru handed Yeojin and Hana a bowl of fried rice with some of Changkyun's kid friendly kimchi on top. 

"Okay well you can't sit on the kitchen floor and eat. Come one take whatever you have to the table. Where did you put all the food that you didn't eat?" Kihyun asked 

"In the trash." Minho nodded as he was carrying a try of juice boxes. 

"You brats threw the loving meal I made in the trash!?" Hoseok put his hands on his hips. 

"Yeah because it . I would too." Jooheon answered as he picked up Minjae who was covered in mashed up fruits that Seungjun had mahsed up in a bowl for him. 

"Well see if I make anything you guys again." Hoseok crossed his arms. 

"You're better at being a prince and growing flowers." Yeojin smiled at Hoseok. 

"Yeah well thanks, I guess." Hoseok helped her back into her chair as he did the same thing with Hana. He sighed as he watched Jooheon put the food that they had gotten out infront of each of them just letting them eat their food. Hoseok picked up Minjae just putting him back in his highchair as he was eatting some mashed up fruit. 

"You guys eat up and then we are going to watch a movie. While we are watching the movie, you guys will be doing some art to make decorate your stockings that we are going to hang up then at our Christmas party we will put treats and stuff in them." Jooheon said as he looked at the group. He cleaned up Minjae a little as the others nodded. 

"We are also going to do a secret santa." Hoseok added as he looked at them. "We are going to put everyone's name in a hat then pick one out and whoever who get that is who you have to get a present for." Hoseok said with a nod 

"Will Changie be better by our party?" Hana asked as she looked at Hoseok. 

"Yeah, he will be back to school in a couple days! Christmas is a few weeks away." Hoseok said as he looked at her. He walked into the main room just seeing ther others setting up craft tables as Hyunwoo was finishing setting up a movie for the kids to watch. 

"Did the kids like your lunch?" Kihyun asked as Hoseok shook his head no. 

"They threw it in the trash and raided the fridge. I am pretty sure Seungjun and Lil'Minhyuk were the leaders of that one." Hoseok said as he moved a couple crafts tables to give them more space between them.

"I am going to go start helping Jooheon get the kids cleaned up and in here." Kihyun said as he walked into the cafeteria. "Okay guys, lunch is over so we need to get cleaning." Kihyun clapped his hands as many of them were helping Jooheon carrying dishes to the kitchen or washing their own hands in the sink just standing on a step stool. 

"Once you are done cleaning up then go into the main room and the others will put you at a craft table to start on your stocking." Jooheon told them as he handed Kihyun Minjae who he had finished cleaning up. "You go can on back in there, I have this under control." He said as he watched Kihyun nod as he walked off with Minjae while Hana, Yeojin, and Haneul followed behind Kihyun. "Hana and Yeojin go sit with Hoseok at his table. Haneul, you can help me make a stocking for Minjae while you work on yours." Kihyun said as the two girl ran off to where they were told to go as Haneul sat down beside Kihyun. Kihyun placed Minjae in his lap as he moved Haneul's stocking in front of him so that he could start decorating it as Kihyun wrote Minjae and Haneul's name on their stocking tag to make sure they could tell who's stocking was who's. 

"Can I decorate my stocking any way that I want to?" Haneul asked 

"Of course you can." Kihyun said as he had let Minjae finger paint on his just sitting him in his lap and putting a small plate of paints next to him that Minjae could reach so he could paint his stocking. 

"Okay." Haneul said as he started to decorate his stocking as he would look up sometimes to watch the movie that they were playing, which was frosty the snow man. 

"It if snows enough we can make our own frosty!" Lil'Minhyuk beamed at Hyunwoo whom only nodded. Lil'Minhyuk sighed as he looked at the other. "You have only been looking at your phone? What is up?" He asked as he threw a back of sticker at Hyunwoo.

"Nothing, grown up stuff." Hyunwoo said as he looked at Lil'Minhyuk. "Anyway about the snowman, we can play out in the snow only if you all bring the proper clothes and it isn't too dangerous when it does start snowing which should be soon." Hyunwoo said as he nodded to himself. Hyunwoo had been talking to Jooyui about her parents making her to meet with a specialist about Minjae's situation and she was in hospital office with Kyungho, who was Lil'Minhyuk's dad. It didn't seem like things were going that well. 

"Yeah and have snow ball fights!" Seungjun who was on the other side of Hyunwoo's table nodded. "We can't do all of this unless Hyungwonnie is here too." Seungjun said "He has to be at the party or I'll protest!" Seungjun glared at Hyunwoo

"Hey don't look at me. I can't control when he is here and not. You take that up with him." Hyunwoo told Seungjun as he sprinkled some red glitter over their clear glue names that he had helpped them draw. "Shake the glitter back on to the plate then let it dry while you decorate the rest of your stocking." Hyunwoo instructed Hyunwoo looked up as Minhyuk walked in just carrying some bags with looked like items for the Christmas party later on this month and some other things. It looked items for snack time and some other art projects. 

"Hyukkie needs to make a stocking too!' Haru was sitting with Minho and Jooheon a she smiled over to Minhyuk. 

"Of course, I will. I just have to go prepare your snack. Okay?" Minhyuk asked as Haru nodded. 

Haru sighed as she leaned on her elbows. "I wish Changkyun could be here to make stockings with us too." Haru mumbled as she looked over to Jooheon. 

"Maybe you could make one for him as a get well present?" Jooheon asked as he looked at her. "I bet he would be really surprised and happy that you thought of him." He added as Haru nodded. 

"Okay that sounds like a good idea." Haru said as she went back to working on her stocking. She looked over to Jooheon as he was cleaning up their glitter as they were done with their names. "Minho, what are you going to ask for Christmas?" Haru asked him 

"This really cool easel that I saw at the art store and some art supplies." Minho nodded "There is this cool set that have everything. It even has oil pastel crayons." He added as he looked at her "What about you?" He asked

"I am not too sure. I am still thinking about it. I know my Christmas with my dad will be just presents on Christmas eve and having a dinner together, but with momma I am still thinking about it." Haru answered as she drawing some snowflakes on her stocking. 

"That is cool, you get two Christmas trees?" Minho asked 

"No, not really. He didn't put up a tree last year since he was traveling to much and didn't want to put it up by himself all alone. It would have been a hassle plus we get one with mom so that should be good enough." Haru explained as she looked at him. "Anyway I like your rudolph." Haru said 

"Thanks!" Minho smiled to himself as he looked at Jooheon. "What do you do for Christmas, joohoney?" MInho asked him

Jooheon looked over to Minho as he was asked this question. "Well usually I just go out with my friends and we have a good time." He said as he nodded. "It is a little different for us adults snice we really don't get presents that much. I mean our friends get us presents but Santa only has time for kids your ages and you know." Jooheon said 

"We know Santa isn't real." Minho whispered as he gave Jooheon a look. "So you just have fun with your friends? What about your mom and dad? Don't you go to their house and make cookies and stuff? I go to my grandma's and make cookies with her while we watch Christmas movies." Minho nodded as he held up his stocking to infront of him. "Alright, I am done." He annouced as he laid it back down after examining it. 

"Yeah, well I mean well.. I usually visit my parents for new years not Christmas." Jooheon said as he looked at them. Jooheon stood up as he took Minho's stocking as they had put up command hooks on one wall with a fake mantle to make it took like they were hung up on a chimmney mantle. He hung up his stocking as he hung up his own next to it. 

•••

Jooyui leaned back in the chiar as she was looking around a plain office as she was waiting for this doctor to come in and talk to her. She was only doing this so that her mother would shut up and leave her alone. She had Sarang manning the store with Yunseo and promised that she would be there as soon as she could. She already knew who the doctor was as she was brought to his office by one of the nurses. She watched as Kyungho walked into the office. 

"Sorry to keep you waiting." He said 

"Can we pretend to have this meeting and you just tell my mother everything over the phone like you already have then you just say when she calls back that I did this and listened and was good?" Jooyui blurted as she looked at him. "I really don't have time for this." She said

"To talk about the well being of your child?" Kyungho asked 

"No, that is already covered and your records would show that. I meany playing games with my parents to please them when they have no control over the matter. They are just trying to guilt trip me because I won't give into their wishes anymore." Jooyui stood up 

"I think that we should still talk, Jooyui. Your mom said that I could call you that. I looked into a few oversea programs that we can implent here in Korea if that is what you are worried about." He said as he walked to his desk just sitting down as he motioned for her to sit back down. 

"You're kidding me right?" Jooyui asked as she looked at him. "Minjae already has a wonderful doctor, physical therapists, nurses, and is going to start at a very nice speech insitiution. I don't see why we need to talk about anything. He is just baby." Jooyui said "Plus if you say that it was always good to plan ahead then just shut up now. I am not going to plan my son's life for him like my parents did for me." Jooyui said as she looked at him. 

"Well it seems you have your mind made up." Kyungho said as he looked at her. 

Jooyui nodded as she crossed her arms. "Yes I do. I won't change it either." She said 

"How do you plan to pay for all of this? These programs are scantioned through foundations that will pay for the services out of their pockets instead of your own." Kyungho said as he looked at her "All of this can get quite expensive." He slide a few papers infront of her. 

" you." Jooyui responded as she stood up. "What did my parents offer to fund your residency?" Jooyui asked as Kyungho leaned back in his chair. 

"I am just doing what my client is asking of me." Kyungho said as he looked at her. "Minjae qualifies for complete payment coverage." He added as he looked at her "Well he would if you had a member of the foundations board put in a good word and suggestion to the owner of the board." Kyungho looked at her "I am just saying you can keep all of his already established services, get him into insitution with no problem, and stay here in Korea." Kyungho leaned on his elbow

"There is always a catch. So what do you want?" She asked as Kyungho shrugged.

"I don't know what you can offer." Kyungho answered as he looked at her.

"I can offer you a big fat law suit for bribing and black mailing me." Jooyui said as she looked at him. "I can also offer you a swift beating too." She glared at him. 

"Or you owe me and I'll call up on it when I see fit. You get your parents off your back, get fincial stability for once in your life, and won't have to worry about your son." He said 

"And what do you get out of it? Trying to win your ex-wife back in your good graces through these illcit means?" Jooyui asked as she crossed her arms. 

"I have no intentions in getting Mi back. That ship has long sailed." Kyungho placed a peice of paper on the table as he set down a pen. "I know you will sign it. You already know you can't afford it even with Minhyuk's new job if I showed you all the expenses for everything." Kyungho looked at her He only smirked as he took the pen back as he watched her stand up. 

"I am only doing this for Minjae, don't get anything twisted up in your mind or anything." Jooyui said as he nodded. Jooyui sighed as she shook her head as she walked out of the office just back to her car. She looked at copy of the peice of paperwork in her hand as she looked at the total cost of everything. She placed the work in her glove box at least this was one less thing to worry about.  

 

14
september

author's : notes

Hello everyone, i hope that you like this chapter. I started back at work last month so things have been hetic. I hope you'll be understanding and patient with when chapters come out. sorry that is a bit short !