Chapter Seven - The Start of the Weekdn PT 4

little monstars; apply closed!

07
the start of the weekend pt 4

  

 Hyungwon woke up to Seungjun in the bathroom. He got up just walking to the bathroom. "Did you get sick again?' He asked as Seungjun was placing his towel in the bathtub. Hyungwon had laid it out for if he woke up and got sick again. He sighed as he helped him clean himself up as he walked him back to his room. "Drink some more of that juice, it will help you feel better." Hyungwon told Seungjun as he sat down next to him on his bed. "I'll go make you some soup." He added as stood up. 

"Okay." Seungjun said as he watched Hyungwon leave then come back with an ipad. "Here you can watch cartoons on this." He said as he handed him the ipad that was playing cartoons. "Your mom is naping so don't wake her." He said as he walked off. Hyungwon walked into the kitchen just looking through her pantry and fridge just making a simple chicken soup and he hoped that Seungjun would be able to keep it down. He sighed as he finished the chicken soup just bring it down to Seungjun's room. He gave it to him just pulling up his desk chair to make sure that he ate and didn't throw it up right after he ate. 

"This is good. Thanks for making it for me." Seungjun said as he looked at Hyungwon. 

"No problem. Eat up so you can go to school maybe Tuesday. I don't think you want to get your friends sick, right?" Hyungwon patted his head as he looked at him. 

Seungjun nodded. "Yeah, I don't want to get them sick." He said as he was eating his soup and watching tv. He just smiled to Hyungwon as he ate. 

•••

Changkyun was at the store buying iterms for his next cooking class. They had to bring in their ingredigents for their final exam. He had a lot of different things in his basket as he had a few recipes that he wanted to do for his final exam practium. He had a test one tomorrow with a recipe that his teacher prepared then he took his real one with his own. He finished shopping just walking back to his apartment. He had moved into his apartment a few days ago after leaving his school's dorm as he was about to graduate. He walked out of the elevator just fishing his keys out when he heard his name. 

"Changkyunnie!" Haru called out as she was standing at her apartment door just pulling in a woman that he didn't recongize as her mother. 

"Do you live in this building?" He asked as he placed his bags in his aparment as he closed the door and locked it. He walked over as he looked at her. "Where is your mom?" He asked as he looked at her 

"She went to the store." Haru said as she pushed the other woman to the living room. "Come on in. This is my anutie, Kyungmi. She is trying to ditch us." Haru said as she pushed her aunt down the hall way to her room. 

Changkyun slipped his shoes off just shutting the apartment door as Hana was asleep on a blanket pallet on the floor as a movie was playing. He watched down the hall as Haru had guided her aunt to he assumed her room, came back to the kitchen just getting a water bottle, some medicine, and walking it back down to the other women's room. "Have you eaten lunch yet?" He asked 

"Yeah, mom made some sandwhiches. I was just about to eat some jellies when auntie Kyungmi knocked on the door." Haru said as she walked to the couch. She sat down just picking up the bag of gummy bears as she opened it up just eatting some. 

Changkyun walked into her kitchen just looking around in the kitchen. He made a simple hangover meal as he also made a little fruit and snack tray for Haru and Hana, when she woke up. He also made a drink for Haru just patting her head. "I left a note for your mom. Don't up the door to strangers and if you need anything here is my apartment number and phone number. Call me okay?" Changkyun told her 

"Okay." Changkyun said as he walked to the door just slipping his shoes on. He walked down to his apartment just going inside and picking up his grocery bags. He put everything away and just putting his school items in a different bag in his fridge so hew would remeber to bring them to school. He heard a knock on his front door as he walked over to the door. He opened it up to see Eunkyung standing there. "Hi." He said 

"Thank you so much for helping Haru. I am so embarrassed. My sister is a little wild and I asked her to stay with the girls just for twenty minutes so I could pick up Hana's medicine and a few things for dinner." Eunkyung sighed 

"No it is okay. I don't mind at all." Changkyun smiled to her. "If you ever need a baby sitter then send the girls over here if I am home. I usually am." Changkyun said with a nod. 

"No, I don't want to bother you." Eunkyung told him

"You are bothering me, Eunkyung. I would love to watch the girls. Plus I am right down the hall, how can you get a better agrangement?" He asked as he smiled to her. "Also I gave Haru my apartment number and phone number." He added 

"Are you sure?" She asked "You're young and -" She started as Changkyun stopped her. 

"I am sure. I don't mind watching them. Also I have no life and not a lot of friends. Most of my friends are workaholics so I just hang out with Minhyuk and them." Changkyun said as he looked at her. 

"At least-" Eunkyung was stopped again

"No, you aren't going to pay me. If you feel like you have to do something for me then maybe we can go eat together or something. I am not going to take your money, go it?" Changkyun crossed his arms as Eunkyung nodded. 

"Alright. Do you want to come over and eat dinner with us?" Eunkyung asked "The girls would like it." She added as he stepped out of his door entry just following behind her. "Haru, put the jellies away and eat the fruit like Hana." Eunkyung looked at her oldest daughter. "Just make yourself at home. Kyungmi this Changkyun, he's the one that made that for you. You should say thank you." Eunkyung said

"He is like a kid. Where did you pick that up?" Kyungmi looked at Changkyun

"He's my teacher!" Haru looked at her aunt. 

Kyungmi laughed as she clapped her hands. "Eunkyung, working all the angles." She watched her sister give her a look. "Thanks for this. I am going to my room." She said as she walked off. 

Eunkyung sighed as she started to wash vegetables. "I am sorry about her." She said 

"It is okay. Do you want some help?" He asked her 

"No, you cook all the time. I can make this myself." Eunkyung said 

"Yeah but mommy, Changkyunnie cooks better than you." Haru said as she looked at her. 

"Haru, you shouldn't say that to your mom. Just because she isn't the best cook doesn't mean you should say that. She cooks for you out of love so that should be what is important." Changkyun told her as he looked at Eunkyung. 

"Maybe I could learn a few things." Eunkyung said as she watched Changkyun laugh and walk over. 

Changkyun smiled as he picked up a knife. "So what are you making?" He asked as he started to chop up the veggies. 

"Stir fry with fried rice." Eunkyung told him as she watche him chop up the onion. "You really are a chef." She said as she was handed the knife. 

"It is very easy. Curl your fingers in and hold grip the blade so tight. You aren't killing someone." Changkyun said as she showed her then let her cut the rest of the onion then he put it in the pan just starting to cook it. Changkyun kept teaching her little things along the way just teaching her a good stir fry sauce that the girls would like as well. "With kids, you have to think simple but tasty." Changkyun said as he swished the pan just cooking the stir fry. 

"Bye." Kyungmi called out as the front door closed. 

Eunkyung could only sigh at her sister's exit as she stired the fried rice in front of her. "Haru, can you go lock the front door?" She asked as the girl did as she was told. "Hana, go wash up for dinner. You too, Haru." She said as she started to set the table. Eunkyung sighed as she saw her phone ringing. She picked it up just talking to someone she worked with just telling them how to fix the problem then hung up. She and Changkyun passed out the food just Eunkyung forcing Changkyun to sit down. "You aren't working, sit down and eat. I can do this." Eunkyung said as she made the girls drinks as the other three were eating. 

"This is good. You come to our house every night for dinner or we come to our house. It would only take like a minute." Haru smiled as she ate 

"Not every night, but maybe one or twice if your mom is up to learning more about cooking." Changkyun said 

"She would love that." Haru nodded 

"Haru, I don't think your the mom in this room." Eunkyung said as she sat down next to her daughter 

"Mommy, I know you. I am your daughter. You were going to say yes." Haru shoved a spoon full of fried rice in . 

Eunkyung sighed as she ate. "What am I going to do with you?" Eunkyung mumbled 

"Give to the zoo." Hana piped up, biting a peice of chicken. 

"Then should I give you to the aquarium?" Eunkyung youngest daughter. 

"Can I swim with nemo?" Hana questioned with a serious face. "then turn into a mermaid?" She added as her mother leaned over just wiping her face that had rice sticking to it. 

"Of course, I wouldn't give either of you away. I would miss you too much." Eunkyung said 

Changkyun sat there watching them talk as he thought it was really cute. "Your friends and myself would miss you too. Also I wouldn't want to pay every time that I wanted to see you." He added 

"We would be so rich though." Haru nodded as she looked at them. "Changkyunnie, why wont' you be at school tomorrow?" She asked 

"Oh, I have a practice test and then my final exam to get my degree so that I can be your school chef." Changkyun said as he looked at her. "I'll be there in the afternoon for snack time." He added as he finished his meal. Changkyun left the table just doing the dishes as they came. He finished the dishes as Eunkyung was getting the girls ready for bed. Changkyun was just making a quick right before bed time snack of a few strawbrries in yogurt as he could hear Eunkyung using her mom voice telling the girls to stop playing around or she would throw away their bath toys. 

"Go sit on the couch and i'll put in a movie while you eat your snack." Eunkyung insructed her daughters as she had got them to finish their bath and dried their hair. She put in a movie while Changkyun gave them each their own blanket and small bowl of strawberries and yogurt. Eunkyung started the movie when her phone rang. She sighed. "I'll be right outside the door." She told Changkyun as he had sat down on the floor infront of the couch just watching the movie with the girls. Eunkyung came back inside just walking to her room and coming out minutes later dressed like she had to go somehwere. 

Changkyun got up just walking over to her as he crossed his arms. "Did something happen?" He asked 

"Yes, my sister got into a fight at the place she was partying at. I have to go get her." Eunkyung said as she looked at him. "She probably got off easy because she probably sweet talked the police officer like usual. You don't mind to stay here with the girls?" She asked as she looked at him. 

"Of course not, go on ahead." Changkyun said as he watched her slip her shoes on. 

"Thank you so much." She said as she left the apartment. 

Changkyun walked back to the girls as they were too asorbed into their movie and snack to notice their mom had left. He sat down on the end of the couch as he knew that after this movie then he would have to do their bedtime on his own. He hoped that everything would go smoothly. 

•••

Kihyun was sitting at the bar of the cafe just munching on a few cookies as the others either talking to eachother or playing with coloring books at the table. He turned to the front as he  watched Sarang pour more tea into his cup. Kihyun just bit into another cookie. "Thanks." He mumbled as she walked off to get another order. Kihyun looked at his phone as he sighed. He was still giving local lessons from time to time when a entertainment company friends asked for extra money. "Sarang, I get this in a to go cup. I have to leave." Kihyun said 

"Sure, no problem. Be right there." Sarang said as she handed Jooyi the order as she grabbed a to go cup. She made him the drink as she watched him get ready to leave. "See you tomorrow then." She said as he nodded. 

"Yeah, see you." He said as he left just going to his job. Once the job was over, it was around six. Kihyun was just leaving the studio as he watched Sarang walking down the street with Haneul on her hip just looking like he was sleeping. She also a few other bags as well. Kihyun walked over. "Do you need any help?" He asked as Sarang looked at him. 

"What are you doing over here?" She asked

"I help give vocal lessons and record demos." He said as he looked at her. "I use to be a trainee to become an idol singer before I went back to school and got my music education degree." Kihyun said as he looked at her as he took Haneul. 

"Ah, I see." Sarang said as she looked at him just looking around like he was trying to abvoid someone. "What is wrong?" She asked  

"It is nothing for you to worry about.  I just don't want her to bother you and Haneul." Kihyun said as he looked at her. 

"I think I have a right to know." Sarang said as he looked down at her. 

Kihyun sighed as he laid Haneul's head on his shoulder. "She is my ex-girlfriend. We dated for a long time and she is teacher at the school that I still help out with. She is a little bit of a - she is just hard to handle is all. I don't want her bothering you and scaring Haneul." He said a he looked at her. 

"I am going to guess that things didn't end that well." Sarang said as Kihyun nodded. 

"Yes, we've only been broken up for a few weeks. Though, she makes it seem like less. She always tries to pick a fight with me still." Kihyun said as he walked with her. "Are you going home?" He asked 

"Yes, Jooyi gave me some left overs and stopped by the store. Haneul got sleepy in the cart probably because he didn't get that long of a nap today. He usually lays down in a booth to rest while I work. Having someone your age at the cafe to talk to and play with changes your day." She laughed as she looked at Kihyun. "He dozed off in the grocery cart." She added. 

Kihyun nodded as she spoke. "Yeah, the boys seemed that they were having fun. Even Minjae didn't fall asleep. He usually takes a nap after noon." Kihyun said Kihyun watched her nod as they got an apartment complex. "I'll walk up with you and put him down for you." Kihyun said as he followed her into the building and up to her apartment. He walked in just slipping off his shoes as he was directed to Haneul's room. Kihyun walked down the hall just seeing the family pictures and different little things that Sarang had in her home. He laid Haneul down in his bed as he walked back to Sarang who was sorting the groceries and putting them away. 

"Would you like to stay for dinner, Kihyun? Haneul would happy if you did." She said as she looked at him. "I wouldn't mind either. We don't many visitors." She added as Kihyun looked at her. She was expecting him to say no to her, but it never hurt to ask. 

"Uhm, alright." Kihyun said as he took off his coat just draping it over one of the chairs. He followed her into the small kitchen as he sat down at one of the kitchen chairs. He was just handed a bottle of water as she started to cook. 

 

30
august

author's : notes

Hello guys, here is another chapter. I hope you all like it. Chapters might be out a little later than usual as I started up back at work. I am a teacher so I get summers off like my students but school is back in session so yep. The next chapter will the be the last weekend chapter.