Chapter 21 - Seventh Day of School - After school Pt 2

little monstars; apply closed!

21
seventh day of school - afterschool pt 2

   
 

  Sooyoung grabbed the lunch box cooler thing as she walked around to the side where Seungjun was waiting to be let out. She opened up the door just letting Seungjun out as she set down the lunchbox as she grabbed Seungjun's jacket as she helped him put it on. She grabbed the lunch box as she shut the car door as she grabbed Seungjun's hands as they started for the hospital. Sooyoung smiled as Seungjun was jumpping over cracks in the side walk or over little rocks that they would come across. "Remeber that we are entering a place where people are healing and getting better, so you need to be quiet." Sooyoung said as she looked at him. 

"I know." Seungjun said as he looked at her. 

Sooyoung nodded as they walked in into the lobby of the hospital as she guided Seungjun over to a chair as she set down the lunch box nex to him just taking out her phone as she was texting Hyungwon about that they were there waiting for him. She looked at Seungjun as he was holding the lunch box in his lap as he was kicking his feet just waitng for Hyungwon. "Hyungwon said he would be a few minutes. He is finishing up his shift." Sooyoung told Seungjun said as she looked at him. They waited as Sooyoun gave Seungjun her phone as he was plaing a game on her phone as she was watching him just helping him as she felt someone peck the side of her head. 

"Hello, sorry it took so long. I had to give the doctor that was taking over for me the details of the pateints in their care." Hyungwon said as he looked at Sooyoung. 

"Hyungwonnie, we brought you food! Mama even brought cake balls." Seungjun said as he watched as Sooyoung took the lunch box as Hyungwon nodded. 

"We can go eat either in the cafeteria or we can drive to my place? It is only about five minutes from the hospital." Hyungwon said as he looked at her. "I usually walk here and then walk home. I would have to go grab my stuff and change. If you want to bring your car around?" Hyungwon asked Sooyoung 

"Yeah, that would be fine. Can you bring Seungjun with you?" Sooyoung asked 

"Yeah, that is fine." Hyungwon said as he watched Sooyoung take the lunch box bag as she walked off to just giving Seungjun a look as she walked out back to her car. Hyungwon walked off just going to the elevator as he stepped on just holding Seungjun on his hip as the boy had laided his head on his shoulder.  Hyungwon walked out of the elevator just to the locker area. He set down Seungjun. "You stay right here and do not go anywhere." Hyungwon had set him down on a bench as they were infront of his locker. He changed out of his scrubs just putting on a pair of joggers and tee shirt and hoodie as he tied on a pair of sneakers just putting on a snapback as he hung up his doctor coat in his locker as he grabbed his backpack as Seungjun had stood up on the bench just outstretching his arms. Hyungwon chuckled as he picked him back up just sliding his phone into his pocket as he walked out as Kyungho was walking in. "Goodnight, sunbae." Hyungwon said 

"Yeah, good night Hyungwon. When did you get a brat?" Kyungho looked at him. 

"He's not a brat. This is why moms like me better." Hyungwon only responded as he walked out just going the way that they came just seeing Sooyoung's car in the pick up area as Hyungwon walked to where Seungjun's car seat was usually just hearing the doors click as he placed the boy in and buckled him up. 

"Wow, look at you. You almost look like Wonho or Hyunwoo in your sweats." Sooyoung teased as she had ony really seen Hyungwon dressed up in slacks, dress shirts, nice jeans, and tee shirts. 

"I had a tough day and these are comfortable clothes." Hyungwon answered as he shut the door as he walked around to the passgengar door as he opened it up. He got in the seat just shutting the door behind him. He buckled himself up as he leaned back into the seat. "I'll tell you where to go." Hyungwon yawned.

Sooyoung nodded as she looked at Hyungwon just driving as she was told where to go. She followed Hyungwon's directions as she pulled into an apartment building parking garage as they parked her car just getting out as she noticed Seungjun was half away asleep in his car seat. 

"I got him." Hyungwon siad as he walked to the side where Seungjun was just unlocking the door as he opened up the door just unbuckling from his seat as he picked up him just shutting the car door with his foot as he walked over to Sooyoung just hearing her lock her car as they started for his building. They walked in just going to the elevator as he pressed the right floor as he walked out of the elevator to his apartment just putting in the code as he let Sooyoung walk inside first as he walked in behind just kicking off his shoes as he felt Sooyoung take off Seungjun's shoes. He walked inside as he showed Sooyoung where the kitchen is. Hyungwon walked over to his living room just laying Seungjun down on the couch as he made his way to the kitchen. He watched as Sooyoung was placing things on the kitchen counter just popping certain tuberware into the microwave as she was looking for something. "Cups are over here." Hyungwon said as he opened up a cupboard just hadning her a few as he sat down in a bar stool as he watched her move around the kitchen. 

"Here, I hope that they are okay." Sooyoung said as she slid the container in front of him

"I am sure that it is okay." Hyungwon said as he picked up a slice just bitting down into it. He nodded as he ate just looking at her as she was eatting a slice too just leaning on the counter. "You can come around and sit next to me." Hyungwon told "The pizza is really good." He answered as he watched her sit down. 

"Thank you." Sooyoung said as she looked at him. "Was he okay when you were chaning or doing whatever?" Sooyoung asked as Seungjun was starting to stirr just pulling off his jacket as he sat up. 

Hyungwon looked at her as he nodded his head. "He was, there wasn't anyone in there to bother to begin with." Hyungwon answered as he looked down to see Seungjun staring up at them. Hyungwon bent down just picking up Seungjun and placed him on his lap just handing him a slice to eat. 

"You theives were going to eat without me." Seungjun frowned at them as he started to eat the slice that he was handed. 

"You were asleep." Sooyoung looked at Seungjun said as she watched him shrug. 

"You could have woken me up." Seungjun replied as he looked at his mother. "Anyway it is good." He smiled through his bite as he kept eatting. "We have to get the recipe to Changkyunnie so he can make it for us!" Seungjun took another bite as he watched Sooyoung looked at her phone. He watched her get up and say that she'd be right back. "Is someone important? If not hang up!" Seungjun called out 

"Stop that." Sooyoung scolded him as he walked off down into the hall to hear better. She eyed her son as as he raised up his hand just pressing the right side of his hand to mimick her hanging up on someone. 

"Seungjun, stop that and eat. I am sure it is important." Hyungwon instructed as he grabbed a paper towel just placing it under Seungjun as he was making a mess. 

"What if it is that meanie head Joohyuk? Telling mommy we can hang out here or spend the night? I do not want it be all messed up like last time." Seungjun stared up at Hyungwon upside down. 

"I am sure that is not the case." Hyungwon said as he looked back at Sooyoung soudning like was she giving directions to someone. 

•••

Sarang smiled as she was mashing up a mixture of sweet potatos and regular potatos to feed to MInjae as she figured that he could eat soft foods by what the items that the kids get to eat at the daycare. She watched him carefully as Haneul was playing with a few toys away from Minjae so that he would try to take them from him and hurt himself with them. "Haneul-ah, can you turn the press the button so the toy will keep playing music for Minjae?" Sarang called out as she watched Hanuel crawl over just pressing the star button as she had found one of Haneul's old toys that was interactive and would sing children songs as Minjae was smacking certain things or pulling things. Sarang looked at her phon as Jooyui texted her that her parents plane was delayed and Minhyuk started teaching night classes to help start Minjae's speech classes. Sarang texted back not to worry that Minjae could stay as long as she needed her to watch him! as she pressed send. Sarang stirred the stew that she had made for herself and Haneul as she turned off the stove as she prepared Haneul's meal. "Haneul, please come to the table!" She called as she was setting down his plate. She watched as he made his way to his seat as she walked into the living room just picking up Minjae as she carried him to the kitchen as she foudnd Haneul's old high chair that was in her spare room as she didn't have the heart to throw anything away. She had cleaned it when they had got home. She set Minjae down in it just grabbing the small bowl of the mixture as she feed Minjae. "Yep, it is good?" Sarang smiled at Minjae as she watched him eat as she would glance at Haneul who was sitting quietly eatting. "Thank you for eatting nicely." Sarang said 

"Your welcome. I know that you have to watch and take careof Minnie too." Haneul answered he ate. "I can help you give Minjae a bath?" Haneul asked 

"Of course, you can take one with him. I know that I usually don't put you down for bed until a little later but tonight might be a bit different." Sarang said 

"It is okay. I don't mind going to bed at Minjae's bed time." Haneul smiled "He can sleep with me. I'll protect him really well!" Haneul nodded 

"I am sure that you will." Sarang said as she kept feeding Minjae. When they were done with dinner, Sarang gave both boy a bath just letting them play in the water for a little bit as she let Haneul play a little longer as she got Minjae dressed and dried his hair and gave him is night time bottle before he went to sleep. Sarang had Haneul get out of the bath just draining the water as she had Haneul get dressed then come to his room for her to dry her hair. She laid Minjae on Haneul's bed just pushing his bed to the edge of the wall and stuff a few blankets against the edge so that Minjae wouldn't roll and get stuck. She has putting up the cushions barriers that she use to use when Haneul was much younger on his bed just snapping them in place as she watched Minjae eat. 

"The bars?" Haneul frowned as he walked in

"They are there to protect Minjae. We don't have a baby bed anymore." Haneul said as that was probably the only thing she had given away to a mom a few doors down when she had twins and only had one bed. She dried Haneul's hair as she helpped him into bed just putting the baby monitor that Jooyui has stowed away. "Do not take off this sock off of Minjae's foot, okay?" Sarang said as it was the little health dector that helpped Jooyui and Minhyuk check on Minjae in the night. She patted Minjae's back a few thimes just laying his stuffed elephant next to him as she covered Haneul up. "Goodnight, you two little lambs. Have good dreams. I love you." Sarang said as she turnned off the light just checking to make sure that the baby monitors worked as she started to clean up her living room as she looked at her phone as there wasn't any updates. She set down the baby monitor on her kitchen counter as she started to go the dishes just putting on a audio book of one she'd been listening to while closing up the shop or helping Yeonsu in the bakery kitchen. She paused her book on her phone when she heard the door bell ding as she guessed that it was Jooyui or Minhyuk here to get Minjae. She grabbed the baby monitor as she walked to the door just looking at the keypad as it was Kihyun and Jooheon. She opened the door. "You two need to be quiet, I have two sleeping kids." Sarang hushed them. 

"Do you have any christmas lights? I'll buy them off you." Kihyun walked in as Sarang gave him an odd look. 

"I have a few strands that I use to decorate the windows and tree, but why don't you just wait until tomorrow when the store opens? Fairy lights work too." Sarang answered as she set down the baby monitor. 

"Oh yeah well Wonho tripped over a few strands and broke them. We were trying to find some so that the kids would have sparkly christmas wonderland tomorrow." Jooheon said "I called the resident Christmas lover and she screamed at me to go buy my own damn lights." He added 

"Joo-unnie?" Sarang asked "She's dealing with a lot. Her parents flight was delayed. She's been at baggage claim all night." Sarang said as crying started coming through the baby monitor. "I'll be right back." Sarang said as she walked off just coming back with a wrapped up Minjae and elephant just bouncing him a little. 

"She didn't have to be mean about it." Jooheon sighed 

"I'll show you where I keep all of that stuff." Sarang said as she walked them back to a spare bedroom. "It is a box somewhere in there. I haven't had time to clean up this room or going through all the boxes. But please alone any box that is labeled Song Haneul." Sarang said as she walked off 

Jooheon looked over to Kihyun as Sarang had left. "Who is that? Haneul's father?" Jooheon stepped over a few boxes seeing one that was labeled 'christmas'. 

"What does it matter?" Kihyun spat as he walked over to the box. He picked it up a few boxes just moving a couple as he opened up the box just looking around for the lights. 

"God, Kihyun. Don't be such a jerk. Aren't you suppose to be working on that?" Jooheon asked as Kihyun glared over to him. "Yeah, sorry. I"ll shut up." Jooheon rolled his eyes as he watched Kihyun take out a bag of strands of lights. 

Kihyun just walked past him as he made his way of the room just seeing Sarang sitting on the couch with Minjae sleep on against her shoulder as she had ear buds in her ears just patting Minjae's back. He walked over to her just taking out a ear bud as she had her eyes closed. "We found them. It is okay to take them?" He asked as she opened her eyes. 

"Yeah that is fine." Sarang said as she grabbed her phone just pausing her book as she placed it on the coffee table as she stood up. "You are just buying me new ones." Sarang said as she watched Kihyun nod at her.  "Bye, have fun decorating." Sarang walked them to the door as she let Kihyun gently shut the door as she walked back to her living room just looking at her phone as she got a text from Jooyui that they would be there in the hour to get Minjae. Sarang texted her back to take her time and that Minjae was sleeping. About an hour later she got a call from Jooyui. "You are at my door? Okay, I'll be right there." Sarang yawned as she rolled over just as he had moved from the living room to the couch just having Minjae sleeping in her room with her. She gently picked up Minjae just walking to the door as she opened up the door to let Jooyui in. "Where are you parents?" She asked 

"I dropped them off at their hotel. Did he do okay?" Jooyui asked as she kicked off her sneakers just following Sarang. 

"Yeah, only woke up once crying. I think it was just he wasn't use to sleeping where I had him. He hasn't woken up again. I packed up everything there for you. I can carrying Minjae down." Sarang said 

"No, no. I'll take this stuff down then you stay here. I'll bring up Minjae's carrier to carry him down staris in so he won't wake up." Jooyui told her as she grabbed his diaper bags just heading back towards the door. Jooyui came back just letting Sarang place in his car seat carrier attachment as she buckled him up. "Thanks for watching him." Jooyui said 

"Anytime, I like having babies around. Reminds me of when Haneul was little." Sarang smiled as she hugged Jooyui. "You better check your christmas decoration stash. Kihyun stole my lights." Sarang warned her. 

"Oh if that little brat stole my stuff I"ll make sure his doesn't work anymore. Sorry." Jooyui said

"I mean maybe a different part that isn't that important. Like an arm." Sarang suggested 

"Have you talked to Kihyun about anything yet? I mean you like him right?" Jooyui asked her 

"Well no, I mean we are taking it slow. I just there are somethings that I don't know if he has worked through." Sarang said as she looked at her. "You must be tired, do you just wany to stay here?" She asked "I can run and grab the stuff you brought down." Sarang said as she knew what Jooyui's car looking like since she had seen it so many times. 

"Maybe some other time. Minhyuk is actually waiting for us. And when you want to talk about those other things. Then I can get Minhyuk to watch the boys. Sarang do not afraid of what is holding you back. He likes you." Jooyui poked her forehead as she started for the door. 

"Okay." Sarang got out as she locked the door behind Jooyui. She sighed as she walked back to her room just as she picked up her phone just opening up her text messages as she typed in teh message bar, 'hey. sorry if i woke you but instead of buy me new christmas lights just take me on a date. just the two of us. sleep well.' she pressed send just plugging her phone to a charger and turning it face down as she rolled on her side just trying to get back to sleep. 

 

25
july

author's : notes

Hello! I hope that you all liked this chapter!