Chapter Eight - The Start of the Weekend PT 5

little monstars; apply closed!

08
the start of the weekend pt 5

  

 Kihyun had finished half of his bottle of water and now needed to use the rest room. Sarang was busy cooking with out splashing herself with water so he didn't want to bother her too much. Though at the same time Haneul was still sleeping. He thought about what to do as his phone started to ring.  He looked at it as it was only his ex-girlfriend so he didn't answer it. "Sarang, where is your bathroom?" He asked her as he looked at her backside as she was cooking. 

"It is across from Haneul's room." Sarang answered as she heard him get up and head that way. She had noticed that he left his phone as noticed that he already had five missed calls from one number that was labeled devil-witch-woman. She assumed that to be his ex-girlfriend then Jooyi's number appeared as she had that number in her mind by heart. She thought it was nice that Jooyi was labeled as mamabear in his phone. She picked it up. "Hello, this is Sarang. Kihyun is in the bathroom." She said 

"Why do you have his phone? Oh my gosh - are you two on a date?" Jooyi exclaimed 

"No, we ran into eachother on the street and I invited him to dinner. He more or less only said yes because Haneul was there." Sarang told her "What is your message?" She asked

"That crazy witch woman won't leave! Tell him to come get her or I'm calling the cops." Jooyi sounded annoyed, more than usual to her. 

Sarang could hear Haneul whining and Kihyun singing to him from down the hall. "Cal the cops. Aren't they over? Maybe this will teach to leave him alone." Sarang told her She didn't know why she said that as it was totally out of her character, but she was finally getting along with Kihyun. 

"Well someone is getting serious, okay. Just lie and tell him I didn't know he was at your place for dinner and wanted to know if he wanted to eat with us. Bye." Jooyi hanged up

Sarang set his phone down as she watched him carrying Haneul in just patting his back. "Jooyi called your phone and I answered. She just wanted to know if you wanted to eat with them." She said as he nodded. 

"Yeah, I go over there a lot. Jooyi and I are childhood friends. We grew up together." Kihyun told her 

"So you were there for Minjae's birth?" Sarang asked 

"Yes, so was Hyunwoo and Hyungwon - litterally. He was on an intership when Jooyi gave birth." Kihyun said as she nodded. 

"Yeah, I have heard that story. I also know some stories about since Jooyi found out you were Haneul's teacher." Sarang added as she was finishing up. She moved the dishes to the kitchen table. 

"Yeah, she is a big mouth so I am sure that she has told you a ton of stories about me." Kihyun said as his phone started to go off again. He had already set Haneul down in his seat as he was ready for dinner. "I'll be right back." He said as he walked off. He stepped out into the hall just answering his phone. He sighed as it a police officer. He understood why Jooyi and Sarang would lie to him. "I am sorry, I am not Dahyun's sigfinciant other anymore. I've dicussed this with her, and we've been broken up for weeks now. Please remove off her emgerency contact list, officer."Kihyun said as the officer apologized for bothering him and he would remove him. "Thank you, have a nice night." Kihyun said as he hanged up his phone as he walked back inside. 

"Do you have to leave?" Haneul asked standing in the door way as Kihyun came back into the apartment. 

"No, I don't. Lets go eat." Kihyun smiled down to him as he walked behind him. He just put his phone in his coat pocket. "Sorry." Kihyun looked at Sarang. 

"It is okay." Sarang said as she handed him a pair of chopsticks as they are started to eat. 

"Can we play games after dinner? Oh can we have milk and cookies tonight before bed? Kihyun can read me stories and tuck me in like at school!" Haneul beamed as he ate his food with his spoon. 

"I don't mind." Kihyun said as he looked at the Sarang. "I mean if you are okay with it?" He asked her 

"If Haneul wants you to then it is okay." Sarang said as she looked at him. 

•••

Changkyun had ran a bath for the girls just getting them bathed and was now drying Haru's hair as Hana was waiting on the couch next to them just drinking a glass of water after taking her medicine. He sighed as he finished as he had a cartoon on to keep them occupied. He helped Hana set her water down as he started to dry her hair. "There, all done." Changkyun finished as he picked up Hana as she started to doze off when he was drying her hair. "Haru, turn the tv off and lets get into bed." Changkyun instructed as he watched Hana do as she was told just following her to the room that she shared with Hana. 

"This is Hana's bed.' Haru climbed into her own bed. "Mommy puts the crib bar up just in case Hana rolls around." She added as she watched Changkyun lay Hana down then pull up the crib bar up so that Hana wouldn't roll out of bed but low enough so that is she woke up then she would beable to get out. 

"Goodnight." Changkyun the nightlight in the corner as he walked to the door. He left it slightly ajar so he could hear for them. He walked into the living room just laying down on the couch and looking at his phone. 

Eunkyung finally came home with Kyungmi just pissed off that it had even taken this long. She glared at her sister as they walked through the door. She just kicked off her shoes as she turned to her sister. "What were you thinking? You hit a person that I want to have a good relationship with for the girls. Lee Jooyi is a wonderful woman and I don't fathom why you are still friends with that girl!" Eunkyung said

Kyungmi didn't answer her as she was looking through the fridge. 

"Seo Kyungmi! I am serious!" Eunkyung slammed the fridge as she hoped that she hadn't woken up the girls. "Why did you even do this?" She asked 

"She threatened us first." Kyungmi half drunkly stated 

"Oh yeah, because causing a scene in her business isn't nothing. She had the right - you two caused a problem. You are so lucky, she isn't pressing charges and you are still a minor. Did you know her husband owns the school that girls go to? Do you even think about how that would look?" Eunkyung looked at her 

"Then why did you come? You could have just let me rot so she wouldn't know we are related. I mean it isn't the first time I've slept at police station." Kyungmi looked at her 

"Because I love you and you're my sister. I know we don't get along and at times I can barely stand you, but we are family. Plus I am listed as your guardian." Eunkyung crossed her arms. "Go eat something, drink a lot of water and pedolite from when Hana got sick, and get some sleep. You have school in the morning." Eunkyung said as she looked at her She walked into the living room to see a spare blanket thrown on Changkyun who was asleep on her couch. She assumed Haru did the blanket throw. She placed it on him properly just going to check on the girls. They were both fast asleep and bathed as well. She was surprised that the girls behaved enough to even get a bath, but she had observed that both Haru and Hana liked Changkyun. She walked back to her room just getting ready for bed and finally getting some sleep. 

•••

Jooyi walked in the apartment just surprised to watch Eunkyung walk in her shop and collect one of the girls that caused a big mess tonight. Of course, she knew Dahyun but not her friend. She wouldn't say anything to the others and she had told Minhyuk that it was only Dahyun and not to come. She walked into her shared room with Minhyuk as he was typing on his computer. He had is defense seminar for his paper Monday morning. 

"You okay?" Minhyuk looked away from his screen. 

"I am fine. It was just Dahyun, she's like a twig." Jooyi said as she changed. She climbed in bed beside him just wiping off her makeup with some makeup wipes. "How is your paper going?" She asked 

"I already sent it in. This is my power point for my seminar." Minhyuk said as he started to type again as he heard her get up to wash her face and finish getting ready for bed. When he was finished, he put his laptop and glasses away just laying down looking at his phone. 

"Don't be nervous about tomorrow, you'll do great. You're the smartest person I know." Jooyi told him as she laid down next to him. 

"I know. You've told me that ever since we meet." Minhyuk said as he looked at her as Minjae's baby monitor started to glow. They had a special baby monitor that montored Minjae's breathing as well as a regular baby monitors, so MinHyuk was almost slapped in the face with covers and Jooyi's arm as she walked out of the room. Minhyuk followed just turning on the light to Minjae's room. He simply just turned around as he made his way back to their room. "I'll get you some yoga pants and a bra." Minhyuk called out 

"Is somethign wrong?" Hyunwoo didn't even open his eye from the couch. 

"We have to take Minjae to the hospital, his little sock monitor says his oxygen is low. He's probably sick." Minhyuk said "You don't have to come just open the school and stuff. I'll leave everything on the counter for you." Minhyuk called out to him. 

"Okay, call me if you need me." He said as he crossed his arms as he went back to sleep. 

Soon enough, Minhyuk and Jooyi dressed up in tee shirts and joggers and yoga pants were in Minhyuk's car just driving to the hospital. He pressed his snap back on his head as he drove just looking back to check on Jooyi and Minjae. He pulled into the parking structure of the hospital just parking and helping Jooyi and Minjae out. He was carrying Minjae's diaper bag and their backpack that they always had packed for these type of trips. Minhyuk walked behind Jooyi just tieing her hair up in a pony tail and hugged her from behind. "It is okay." He told her as they walked to the nurse's station. 

"Hi, I called earlier. Lee Jooyi, Lee Minjae." Jooyi started to answer the nurses questions as they were handed two passes and told to wait right beside her station and nicu nurse would be right down. When the nurse arrived, she walked with Jooyi and Minhyuk to the right floor just taking them in a room as Jooyi handed the nurse Minjae. "I emailed Jeni the stuff from the monitor." Jooyi said 

"Yes, she's printing them out now. Calm down, Jooyi." As most of the nurses knew her by name due to she brought them treats often for taking such good care of Minjae since was in the nicu for awhile before he could go home. 

"You come sit down." Minhyuk pulled Jooyi by the waist just having her sit on his lap. 

"I'm going to take him to the nursey and have him checked out. I'll be right back." The nurse said as her name tag read, Hyoran. 

"Thank you." Minhyuk said as he wrapped his arms around Jooyi. "Oh hey Hyungwon." He looked at the other. "I thought you were taking care of Seungjun?" He asked 

"I had a shift tonight, Sooyoung is a lot more calm now that Seungjun isn't throwing up." Hyungwon said "I am not working this floor, but I saw you guys talking to my desk nurse. I just wanted to come up and check on everything." Hyungwon said 

"Minjae's sock monitor said his breathing was low." Minhyuk said as Hyungwon nodded. 

"Okay. I'll go look at his chart. Kyungho is on call tonight. He is great doctor. You'll like him. I'll go talk to him." Hyungwon said as he walked out. 

"Thanks, Hyungwonnie." Minhyuk said as he looked at Jooyi. He kissed her cheek when she turned torwards him just squeezing her in a tight hug. "Everthing will be okay." He said as he patted Jooyi's back. "I am going to go get some drinks." He said as he grabbed his wallet as he placed Jooyi in the chair just kissing the side of her head as he walked off. He returned right as Hyoran was finishing hooking up the machines. 

"Kyungho should be in a few minutes." She said as she looked at him. 

"Thanks." Minhyuk said as he turned too Jooyi just right next to Minjae just hodling his free hand. He watched a doctor walk in and he figured that this was Kyungho.

"You two must be Minhyuk and Jooyi. It is nice to meet you, I'm Kyungho. Hyungwon filled me in about Minjae and I've read over his records. We did some tests back in the nursey and Hyoran drew a little blood to test. I think that he might have come down with a pretty nasty cold and he is just conjested in his chest, but with his repsiatory problems it could have gave him so trouble breathing. I have a x-ray scheduled for him so just hang out here until a techniticain comes to guide one of you with him to the x-ray room. I also had a strep test done, so we should have those results done soon just in case." Kyungho said 

"Thanks." Jooyi said as she looked at him. 

"His levels right now are stable but he is on oxygen. Low though, so that is good. Did he get in a feeding before he went to bed?" He asked 

"Yes, I fed him about an hour before he goes down to bed. Jooyi is usually closing up her business." Minhyuk told him as Kyungho nodded. 

"Alright, so he shouldn't need to be feed until morning. I want to keep him until morning just to monitor him. I'll be back to check on him after his x-ray." Kyungho said as he walked off 

"Thanks." Jooyi said as she sat there just watching Minjae. 

"You can hold him. He just has oxygen tubes that are taped to his nose and a toe monitor. Just becareful with his oxygen." Kyungho nodded as he left just placing his chart in the clear file folder on her door. 

Jooyi picked up Minjae just carefully placing him in her lap just holding him. "You'll feel better soon." She said as she as she held his hand. 

•••

Kihyun was sitting next to Sarang's bathtub just watching Haneul take a bath. "Hey don't splash me and wash your head. I put shampoo on your head." He said as he looked at him. They had already had milk and cookies as he was just finishing up his bath for Sarang as she was doing the dishes. "Okay, close your eyes." Kihyun said as he rinsed his hair then they finished up bath time. He helped him get ready for bed as Sarang walked up wiht his phone.

"It is Minhyuk. It sounds important." Sarang said

"Thanks." He said as he handed Sarang Haneul's teddy bear. He walked off into the living room just speaking to Minhyuk. He walked back to Sarang as he looked at her. "I have to go. Minhyuk has to get some sleep for his seminar and they are stuck at the hospital. Minjae is sick." He said 

"Oh, okay. Haneul will understand." Sarang said as Kihyun was already wearing his jacket. 

"I'm sorry." Kihyun told her 

"No, it okay.  I'll walk you out." Sarang said as she walked to the door with him. She waved bye as Kihyun looked at her. 

"See you two Monday, maybe we can do something next weekend to make up for this." He said as he watched her nod as he left. 

Sarang sighed as she closed the front door just walking back to Haneul's room. "Hey, Kihyun had to leave. You know how Minhyuk is doing a big school thing and he is finally getting show his classmates his work, but Minjae got sick so he's at the hospital. Minhyuk doesn't want to leave Jooyi-unnie alone, so he asked Kihyun to stay with them." Sarang told Haneul as she sat donw on the edge of his bed. 

"Oh, is Minnie going to be at school? Is he going to be okay? I promised that Lil' Minhyuk, Seungjun, and I would teach him how to play catch with us." Haneul looked at his mom

"Oh I don't think he'll be at school, but I am sure he is okay. Lets get some sleep and maybe you can ask Kihyun tomorrow about Minjae is doing and make him a get well card." Sarang said as she tucked in Haneul as she got up just turning off his light as she kept his door open just finishing up the dishes then going to bed herself. 

 

15
september

author's : notes

Hi guys, here is the next chapter. it is the last weekend chapter. now we are back on the school days. i hope you guys liked this chapter. 
 

also if you guys are looking for more apply fics to check out, i have a few open if you want to check them out.
moon spell
black paradise: haven returns
CSI: of feild mice and lab rats
area one