Chapter 13 - 2nd weekend day one

little monstars; apply closed!

13
5th day of school - the evening 

   
 

  Sooyoung came back with Hyunwoo as she had gotten Seungjun's sleepover things from her car. She had been invited over to Mi's house where she was watching Lil'Minhyuk and Minjae while Jooyui and Minhyuk had a night to themselves. She walked over to Hyungwon as he was helping Mi put away clean dishes as she could hear Hyunwoo, Lil'Minhyuk, and Seungjun in the living room playing power rangers. Sooyoung set down Seungjun's things in a chair as she waited until Hyungwon was done. "Come on, Dr. Chae. Let gets out of here before they change their mind about keeping my little power ranger." Sooyoung said as she pulled him along. "Thanks for supper." She waved to Mi.

"No problem. Have fun." Mi said as she waved back to them. 

"Seungjunnie, be good! I love you." Sooyoung said as he waved to her. Sooyoung bent down as he gave her a hug good bye. 

"You two, Hyungwonnie!" Seungjun said as he hugged Hyungwon's neck and kissed his cheek. "Bye, have fun." He waved to them as he ran back to go play power rangers some more. 

Sooyoung walked out with Hyunwon just walking down to her car with him. "So where do you want to go?" She asked as she looked at him. 

"Well no drinking. I am on call tonight." Hyungwon said as he looekd at her then pointed to his pagers that he had clipped on the inside of his jacket. 

Sooyoung nodded as they walked down the street. She spotted a tteokbboki placed as she grabbed Hyungwon's hand. "Lets eat something." She said as she pulled him along just pulling into the shop. She ordered some tteokbboki for them as they made their way to a table. "Just two cokes." Sooyoung said when they were asked what they wanted to drink. She handed Hyungwon a pair of chopsticks as she started to eat. "Come on, eat up. You are probably going to be up all night, so you need to eat." She said as she nodded to him. 

"Alright." Hyungwon said as he started to eat. He looked at her as she ate as he looked down at his pagers. "I got to go." He said as he shoveled a few more into his mouth. "I am sorry." He said as he handed her his call room key. "Here, you can meet me there when you get done. I'll text you where to go." He said as got up. 

"Okay, It is okay." Sooyoung said as she took the key as she watched him leave. She sighed as she looked at the food infront of her. She got it packed up as she paid for it as she made her way to the hospital. She got Hyungwon's text as she entered the hospital just going to the call room. She put the food on the table as she laid down on the bed just seeing Hyungwon's backapck as she had seen at the daycare a few times. She found a charger for her cellphone as she plugged it in just turning on a drama. 

•••

Hyunwoo sighed as he was putting the kids to bed as Mi was cleaning up after them after they had baked and decorated cookies. "Okay, i give anyone five bucks to go to sleep." He said as he looked at them. "Well at least pretend and be quiet. Minjae actually needs to sleep." He patted the baby's back as Mi walked in. 

"You kids get to sleep or I will not take you to the amustment park tomorrow." Mi said as she flipped off the lights. 

"'Kay we are going to sleep." Lil'Minhyuk said as he watched Hyunwoo and Mi left the room. 

Mi sighed as she walked back to the kitchen just starting to clean up again just putting away dishes and pouring herself another glass of wine. "Do you want one?" She asked as Hyunwoo shook his head no. "I have soju." She went to the fridge just getting it out. She handed him a bottle after she opened it up. "Do you want to watch dramas? Maybe we could play some video games." She said as she finished loading the dishes. 

"Either one is fine. I'll probably end up falling asleep during both." Hyunwoo said as he looked at her. "So you actually don't have to work this weeknd?" He asked as he sat down in a bar stool. 

"From what I know right now." She answered as she looked at him. She put away the wine bottle as she down the rest of the bottle just throwing it away. "I'll go get you a pillow and blanket." She said as she walked off. She came back to see him sitting on the couch just holding Minjae. "Did he wake up?" She asked 

"Yes, the boys kept him up." Hyunwoo said as he took the pillow and blanket from her. He watched her walk off and he heard some Chinese mixed with Korean as she came back. He had laid down just laying Minjae on his chest just humming to him. 

"I bet you can sing with how good you hum." Mi said as she turned the kitchen lights off. 

"Well I was in choir with Minhyuk during high school." Hyunwoo said as he looked at her. "Good night, Mi." He said as she walked over just patting MInjae's head. 

"Good night, Hyunwoo and Minjae. Have sweet dreams." Mi said as she turned off the living room lights where they were just going to her own room. She got ready for bed just yawning as she laid down. 

•••

Hyungwon sighed as he walked up to the call room just opening the door with her id just pulling of his lab coat and everything he wore while around the hospital. He saw Sooyoung asleep on the bed in the room with a note on the take out containers for him to eat when he got back. He pulled out an container just putting his id bandage on just in case he needed to leave. He grabbed the container and his files just leaving to go to the break room to talk with the others and give advice to the younger residents under him. He returned about an hour later with a thicker blanket that he had in his locker just quietly entering the room and laying it gently over Sooyoung. He sat down beside her just looking at his phone for a little before laying down himself just keeping his pagers next close to him as you never know when you will get paged. 

Sooyoung rolled over in the middle of the night just blinking as she could see Hyungwon's faint outline asleep on his side. She just smiled as she pulled the blanket over hiim as well just laying back down as she moved his phone and pagers to the night stand beside him. She checked her phone just seeing it was only three in the morning. She sighed as she laid back down just looking up at the ceiling as she jumpped as little as his pager went off and Hyungwon reached out for it just opening his eyes. 

Hyungwon blinked at Sooyoung as he frowned. "I am sorry about tonight." He said as she shook her head. "Go back to sleep. I'll be right back." Hyungwon said

"Okay." She said, sleepily as she watched him throw on his coat and dump his pagers and phone in one of the pockets as he left the room. She laid back down just trying to get back to sleep. 

Hyungwon walked down to the emgergency room as he walked over to the nurses desk. "Is something wrong?" He asked 

"Yes, we have an over night pateint asking if Dr. Chae can check her out." The nurse said as he sighed. 

"I am not even on the list for this department." Hyungwon said as he looked at her. "I up in labor and delivery and pedriactics." He took the cart as he walked into the curtain to see Eunkyung. "Oh." He said

"Hi." Eunkyung said

"You know I can't check you out, right?" He asked as he looked over her chart just flipping through the pages. He walked over to her just checking her machines as he pulled on a pair of gloves as he check her IV. "Why are you asking for me?" He asked 

"Well I want to go home for starters. Secondly it took almost an hour for me to even get seen which lead me to be stuck here." Eunkyung said 

"Well you are in here because one you have the flu and over worked yourself. Secondly you're fluid levels are low and your running a fever from your chart. I'll be right back." Hyungwon said as he left the room. He came with a therometer as he took her tempterature just writing it down as he patted her leg. "Just get some rest." Hyungwon walked out as he walked up to the night nurse. "Give her a low dose of this to help her sleep." He added as he set down her chart and threw away his gloves. Hyungwon walked back up to the call room just entering not to wake up Sooyoung. 

"Was everything okay?" Sooyoung mumbled 

"Yes. Eunkyung is in the emgerency section due to being the night lay over shift. They'll move her up when the morning staff gets here. She's got the flu and high fever. She'll be okay if she just rests and doesn't work herself up. You should be sleeping." Hyungwon took off his stuff just placing his phone and things back on the night stand. He laid back down beside her as she threw part of the blanket over him. "Go to sleep, Sooyoung." He said as he closed his own eyes. 

•••

Kihyun had made dinner for Sarang and Haneul. He had made them a italian styled meal just now they were finishing up dessert as Haneul was finishing off Sarang's bowl of ice cream. Kihyun had started cleaning up as Sarang moved into the kitchen to help him clean up. "Thank for tonight." Sarang said as she looked at him. 

"Your welcome. I had fun just talking and eatting with you." He said as he was putting left overs in containers. "Do you want to take any home with you?" He asked 

"Haneul will like it for lunch tomorrow." She said as Kihyun nodded. 

Kihyun made up come containers for her just putting them in a bag for her to carry home with her. He handed her a wet rag to clean up Haneul as he turned back to the dishes. Kihyun cleaned up most of it as he carried the bag as Sarang and Haneul were getting ready to leave. 

"Why can't we spend the night? Seungjunnie and Minjae get to spend the night with Hyunwoo and Lil'Minhyuk!" Haneul said as he pouted. 

"Well because we don't live here and I have to go to work tomorrow." Sarang said 

"Well you can go home and I can stay here." Haneul said as he nodded. 

"Haneul. You can not just invite yourself to stay at someone's home." Sarang said as she watched the little one walk over to Kihyun. 

"Can I spend the night?!" Haneul asked 

"I don't mind, but it sounds like Sarang has already said no." Kihyun handed her the bag of left over food. "Maybe you spend the night tomorrow? Kihyun asked as he looekd over to Sarang. 

"Yeah that is fine." Sarang said as she looked at them. "Maybe even I can drop you off here tomorrow morning before I have to be at work and it will seem that you never left." Sarang added as Haneul nodded. 

"Here, I walk you guys down and get you a taxi." Kihyun said as he grabbed his keys and wallet. He picked up Haneul as he walked out of the apartment with them. He walked them down to the front of the building just getting them a taxi and giving Sarang money for the ride as he waved bye to them. 

•••

Jooheon was at Yerin's the next morning just helping making snacks for their swimming and picnic lunch with everyone. He had sent out a group text on Yerin's phone this morning and got a lot of 'oh crap that is today!' texts from a few of them especially Jooyui who was blowing up everyone's phone giving instructions to Hyunwoo and Mi about Minjae and she would be there as soon as Minhyuk would let her. Jooheon was boxing up the sandwhiches as Yerin had made each kid their own little lunch box bento that she had found the previous day on her break from school. "Stop eatting the treats!" Jooheon scolded Minho as the younger one sighed. 

"Sorry." He said as he looked at him. Minho was already ready in his swim trunks and had all his toys ready to go as well in his beach bag to take with them for everyone to play with. "Ooh what does this mean!?" Minho waved Jooheon's phone at him 

"Ah! Don't tell Yerin you saw that!" Jooheon said as Hyunwoo had told Jooyui just to worry about blowing off MInhyuk and him and MI had everything covered. "Do not repeat that!" Jooheon made his scary face as Minho laughed. 

"You look like you need to poop!" Minho laughed as Jooheon sighed. 

Jooheon looked at his phone as Hyunwoo and Jooyui were yelling at each other through text until there was large captial letter text from Hoseok to quote him 'shut the bleep up or he'd give them a reason to fight.' Jooheon sighed as he slipped his phone in pocket. 

"You okay?" Yerin asked as she walked in just carrying a few grocery bags of things that she still needed. 

"What does blowing off mean? Hyunwoo-sam wants Joo-noona to do that to Minhyuk-sam!" Minho looked back at his mother as her eyes got as big as saucers. 

"What?" Yerin blurted 

"He saw it on my phone form the group chat." Jooheon said 

"Park Minho! You don't need to know what that means! It is an adult thing when you are forty you'll learn about it." Yerin said, sternly. 

"Forty?" Jooheon asked "I mean yeah!" Jooheon nodded 

"Okay, whatever.  I'll just ask Seungjunnie or Lil'Minhyuk." Minho jumpped down from the bar stool just walking off to go watch TV. 

Yerin sighed as she placed the grocery bags on the counter. "Today is going to fun." She said as she started on taking everything out just looking over to Jooheon. 

"Oh yeah, so much fun." Jooheon shook his head. "It wil be fun, really. Don't worry." Jooheon patted her shoulder as he started to cut up the watermelon as she went to finish the lunch bentos. 

•••

Jooheon and Yerin were first to arrive at the pool. He had rented it out for the day as he thought it would be better than having to share it with a bunch other people then trying to find a spot where they all fit, and then again trying to find a spot where they would all fit to eat. Jooheon got in first just watching Minho jump in the pool with him as Yerin had set their picnic baskets on a table just setting their swim stuff in a chair as she tossed Minho a few toys as she sat down on the chair just watching Jooheon and Minho play catch as they were waiting for the others.

Kihyun was next to walk into the pool room as he was carrying Haneul. He set him down just letting him go ahead. "Put your shoes next to Yerin's chair." He said as he watched Haneul do as he was told and watched him jump in the pool. "HI guys, Sarang is at work. Minhyuk said that Jooyui won't be here today too since they have a party to prep for." Kihyun said as he set his stuff down in a chair across from Yerin on the other side. "I also saw Hoseok on his way in." He added as Hoseok walked in just waving to them. 

"I am surprised that you didn't come with Chaeyeon and Yeojin." Yerin said 

"We haven't talked really. She's been avoiding me since I asked her out." Hoseok said as he walked over to a chair next to Kihyun.

"Slow down!" Mi called out as she walked in carrying Minjae as Hyunwoo came in after just carrying their stuff. She sighed as both Lil'Minhyuk and Seungjun kicked off their shoes just jumpping in the pool and starting to play with the others. "Hi." She said as she sat down next to Yerin as she pushed up her sunglasses on top of her head as Hyunwoo set their stuff down. 

"Come on, Hyunwoo-hyung!" Lil'Minhyuk called 

"I am coming." Hyunwoo said as he slipped in just dropping the floaty carrying thing that they picked up for Minjae on the way in just putting him in and letting him splash around. 

Changkyun walked in next just carrying Hana as Haru was helping him carry thier stuff. "Sorry, Eunkyung can't come. She is at the hospital sick." He said as he looked at them. "Alright, go on and play." He said to Haru as he set Hana down as he put his things next to Hoseok's chair. He helped Hana put on her floaties as she picked up her mermaid doll that was safe for the pool as she followed her sister in the pool. He sat at the edge of the pool just sticking his legs in as he was playing with Hana just having another doll. 

"Chaeyeon said she is going to be in here in a few minutes. Hoseok, she wanted to know if you'll watch Yeojin. She has to work." Mi said as Hoseok missed his catch and got smacked in the chest with a ball filled with water. 

"Yeah of course." Hoseok said 

"She said that she texted you but I told her that you've been in the pool." Mi said as Yeojin walked in as Chaeyeon followed behind her. "Hi." Chaeyeon said as she looked at Hoseok. 

"Hey." Hoseok moved to the edge of the pool as he looked at her. "Yeojin, my stuff is right here you can put your bag there and go play with Hana and Changkyun." He said as he watched Chaeyeon put on her floaties as she walked over to the pair. "Uhm, Chaeyeon. Can we talk when you get done with work today? I bring Yeojin home." Hoseok said as Chaeyeon nodded. 

"Okay. Bye, Yeojin. Be good,  listen to Hoseok and the others." She said as she waved as she left. 

"Sooyoung said that she is taking Hyungwon home to sleep as he pulled a double shift at the hospital and she'll come when she gets done." Yerin looked at Mi as she nodded. She had Mi a water bottle as she had made fruit punch. "Sorry, it isn't an adult drink but it works." Yerin said as Mi shook her head. 

"This is fine." Mi said as she pulled out a book. She set down her drink just starting to read her book. 

 

07
jan

author's : notes

Hi guys, sorry again about chapter 12. I hope that you guys like chapter 13.