Chatper 16; 2nd Weekend PT 4

little monstars; apply closed!

16
2nd weekend pt 4

   
 

  Hyunwoo laid back on Mi's couch just looking at his phone as he heard noise down the hall from Lil'Minhyuk's room. He set down his phone as he got up just walking to Lil'Minhyuk's room. He could see the younger boy just playing around on his bed. "Aren't you suppose to be napping?" He asked 

"I can't go to sleep." Lil'Minhyuk was playing around with some dinosaurs. "I laid down for a long time though." He added as he looked at Hyunwoo as his dinsaurs were placed back on the shelf. 

"Come on, bring your blanket and pillow." Hyunwoo said as he watched Lil'Minhyuk grab his stuff as he walked Hyunwoo walked back to the living room with Lil'Minhyuk. Hyunwoo took his pillow just laying it down on the couch as he watched Lil'Minhyuk laid down on the couch as Hyunwoo laid his blanket over him as he sat down beside him. "Close your eyes and I'll pat your back like at school." Hyunwoo said 

"At school you always lay next to me and fall asleep before I do." Lil'Minhyuk confessed as he smacked his arms on his blanket. 

"Just close your eyes and try to fall asleep." Hyunwoo sighed as he patted his back a little just watching him close his eyes. Hyunwoo got up soon after Lil'Minhyuk dozed off as he walked into the kitchen to start dinner. He opened up MI's fridge as it was mainly side dishes and some left take out boxes in the fridge. He found enough items to make kimchi pancakes and chicken. He used some of the batter of the kimchi pancakes to coat the chicken and fry it. He looked at his phone as he had text Mi what he was making and it was okay to use things he found the around the kitchen. He was making rolled eggs as he check his phone as she hadn't replied. He turned off the stove as he cut into the chicken to make sure it cooked as he nodded to himself as he started to set the table for him and Lil'MInhyuk as he guessed from his non replied texts that Mi wasn't joining them. He walked over to Lil'Minhyuk as he had sleep for a couple hours as that is how long it took him to find somethign to make and make it. "Hey, I made some food." Hyunwoo said as he watched the younger one yawn as he sat up. Hyunwoo picked him up as he only held out his arms. He was set down next to his chair as he watched the younger climb up in his chair and start to eat. 

"Is mommy not going to make it home in time to eat with us?" Lil'Minhyuk asked 

"I told her that I made food but she never replied back." Hyunwoo stuffed a pile of rice in his mouth just clanking his metal spoon against his teeth. 

"At least you tried." Lil'Minhyuk said with half of his spoon in his mouth. "Plus she probably wouldn't have eaten any of this anyway, you know she has to stick to her meal plan or whatever since it is runway season." The boy cheeks were like chipmunk cheeks as he ate. 

Hyunwoo nodded as he was texting Minhyuk to bring hime some clothes and stuff. He put his phone ot the side as he looked at younger one. "I noticed you haven't done your art project for this month yet. Do you want to do it tonight?" He asked 

"Jooheon said it wasn't due until Monday! I'll get it done -" Lil'Minhyuk started as Hyunwoo leaned on his elbow. "Yeah, okay. We can do it. Do you think you could help me wiht my homework too? Grandma gets frustrated too much." Lil'Minhyuk said 

"We can do it after we finish eatting. What did you want to make for your art project?" Hyunwoo said 

"We have to make it News Years themed. Like fortunes or something, we are going to hang them up and learn about shrines and how others celebrate the new year." He nodded 

"That should be fun." Hyunwoo said as he got up. Hyunwoo placed a few more fried chicken strips on his plate and one more spoonful of pickled radish as he started to clean up just eatting as he went along. "When you are done, go get your homework and I will sit you up here at the bar so I can clean while you work." Hyunwoo said as he was cleaning his mess up. He was handed the boy's dishes as he other scampered off just carrying his school work as he hoisted up on a bar stool. Hyunwoo looked over his basic math sheet, it was basically counting excercises and simple money questions. "You know this. Yell at me if you need help." Hyunwoo turned away to the sink. 

"What is this?" Lil'Minhyuk held one of his work sheets. "I don't know what shrine maiden is." Lil'Minhyuk said as Hyunwoo looked at the paper. It was a small story about New Years. 

"She is the girl that runs the shrine. Like how Jooyui runs her own shop." Hyunwoo said 

"Like in the cartoons?" Lil'Minhyuk asked as Hyunwoo nodded his head yes. The door bell rang as Hyunwoo turned off the water. 

"You keep working, you're almost done." Hyunwoo said as he walked to the door. It was just Minhyuk and Minjae. Hyunwoo opened up the door as he let the other in. Hyunwoo showed him to the ktichen as Lil'Minhyuk looked up from his last worksheet. 

"Hi." Lil'Minhyuk said as he waved to them. "Done!" Lil'Minhyuk said as he handed his sheets to Hyunwoo to look over. He turned to big Minhyuk. "You two can stay for as long as you want." He nodded 

"Oh  thank you for the offer, but it is past Minjae's bedtime. I brought Hyunwoo some things." Minhyuk said "Maybe next time." He added as the other nodded. 

"I understand. Get home safely." LIl'Minhyuk said as he waved bye to the other two as he left. Lil'Minhyuk turned to Hyunwoo as he was finishing cleaning up. He crawled down out of the bar stool just grabbing his art project template just going off to his room. 

"You did a good-" Hyunwoo looked at the empty bar stool as he going to compliment him on doing a good job on his worksheets as he put them away his homework folder just putting the folder in his backpack and hang it on the back of a chair just walking down to his room. He peered in as Lil'Minhyuk was laying on the floor just coloring with a crayon box and markers around him. Hyunwoo didn't want to bother him so he just backed away slowly and went back to the kitchen to finish up cleaning. 

•••

Minhyuk unlocked the front door as he walked in the apartment just looking the door back behind him. He sighed as he kicked off his shoes just placing Minjae's on the counter next to the shoe closet as he walked through the apartment. He pulled off Minjae's jacket as he laid him down on his play mat as he pulled off his own. "You play for a little bit while I make us some supper." He said as he looked at his phone as Jooyui would be starting to close up the shop by now. He made something for supper just sandwhiches for him and Jooyui when she got home, and then milk with some rice puffs for Minjae. He picked up Minjae as the little one was playing with toys left around that he could get in his grasp just shaking it around as they walked to the kitchen. Minhyuk set him down in his highchair as he pried the toy out of his hands as he tapped his tray on the high chair. "Eat something, little guy." Minhyuk said as he pulled his high chair closer to the table as he started to eat himself. He looked at his phone as Changkyun was calling him. "Hey." Minhyuk said with his mouth full. 

"Hey, I need some help. I am finishing up a paper for school and can you read it and look over it?" Changkyun asked "I put the girls down to sleep and I am just working on school work. Eunkyung should be home tomorrow and then she has to stay at home until the end of next week before she can go back to work." He said 

"Yeah, I can. Just email it to me." Minhyuk said as he heard giggling in the background. "I think you have some friends still awake." Minhyuk said 

"Yeah, I know. That is Eunkyung's sister. She has a friend over that is a girl. I told them if they woke up Hana then they have to leave. She stopped staying out so late because I would lock the door and not leave the spare key in a spot where she could get it." Changkyun said "So she's drinking at the house." He sighed 

"Does Eunkyung know this?" Minhyuk asked as grabbed his laptop while watching Minjae eat. Minhyuk sighed as MInjae squealled pounding his tray for more food. 

"Yes, I told her when I called to check on her to night. We were going to bring her dinner but she threatened me not to bring the girls back in this germ infested place.  It sounds like Minjae wants something." Changkyun laughed 

"Yeah, more rice puffs. His teeth are starting to bud, I think." Minhyuk said as he placed some more on the boy's tray. "Anyway I will send you back and edited verison of your paper and you can call me back if you have questions." Minhyuk heard Changkyun snapping back at someone. 

"Okay, thanks hyung. I got to go, Hana is crying." Changkyun hung up

Minhyuk sighed as he put his phone down as he heard the front door opening. "Welcome home, baby!" Minhyuk called out as he looked at Minjae. "Mommy's home." He said as Jooyui was on the phone. He went back to Changkyun's paper for some class - Minhyuk figured by the topic it was kitchen ehtics as he was writing about health saferty. 

"Hey." Jooyui walked over as she kissed MInhyuk and then kissed the top of Minjae's head. "Rice puffs, milk, and sandwhiches. Food of champions." She laughed 

"I am being lazy." Minhyuk answered as he didn't look up from his computer screen. "How was work?" He asked 

"It was like normal. I just got off the phone with some company that made an order for a party for next weekend. So many cupcakes for some runway thing. The models won't probably even eat them." Jooyui sat down next to him as he handed her a sandwhich. 

"Well the money is all I care about." Minhyuk laughed as she rolled her eyes. "I am kidding!" He handed Minjae a rice puff.  "I am reading Changkyun's paper for him." He added 

"School, yuck." Jooyui said 

"You went to culinary school." Minhyuk looked at her 

"Yeah, but I did an apperitance ship not whatever Changkyun is doing. Plus I think he is double majoring in food business or an actually degree." Jooyui said 

"Oh well his paper is good." Minhyuk said as he pressed send on on the screen then closed his laptop as he handed Minjae his bottle just helping him hold for a second then let if go as Minjae was doing better at holding his bottle. 

Jooyui nodded as she ate just bringing her knees up to her chest. She grabbed Minhyuk's drink just taking a drink of it as Minhyuk rolled his eyes. She just gave him a side ways smile as he got another glass and poured her something to drink as he took his glass back. "Thanks." She said 

"Yeah, yeah." He answered as he looked at her. "Oh, I forgot this came in the mail for you today. It is from your parents." He handed her a packet as she sighed. 

"It is probably either money or letters from their lawyers about seeing Minjae, of course, the courts already ruled that all they had to do was come see us and not make us fly all the way to New York." Jooyui said as both of her parents were professors at NYU in their language department. She opened up the packet as it was letter from her mother about when they would be landing and what time to come get them, and the activities that they wanted to do, plus a check. "They are coming to visit us that means we have to clean up this place, and you have to go pick them up. They plane lands the same day as my big party." Jooyui said 

"Oh I am so thrilled. I mean they love me so much." MInhyuk sighed "Maybe if my mom comes then they won't be as mean." Minhyuk said 

"No, I don't want to put your mother through that kind of torment." Jooyui said as she put down the papers on the table. 

"Well at least this check can help pay for Minjae's speech lessons." Minhyuk said Minhyuk looked at MInjae as he was smashing his bottle on his tray just looking at them. "Do you want more?" Minhyuk asked as he took the bottle and Minjae clapped. Minhyuk placed some rice puffs on the tray as Minjae picked one up just sticking it in his mouth. 

•••

Jooheon was sitting next to Minho as Yerin was cooking in the kitchen. He was helping with his math or more like reteaching his own lesson. "Remeber what I said about the apples? I gave you two apples and I had five to begun with then how many would I have left over?" He asked as Minho just blinked at him. 

"Three?" Minho asked as Jooheon nodded. "This is too hard! Haru and them are just starting to do this? Why do I have to do this too? I am not in their class." He said 

"Because you have to know how to do this to do other math." Jooheon said as he looked at him. "You are smart and can easily do this kind of stuff." He said as he looked at Minho. He looked back at Yerin as she just shrugged. "Did she ever complain about math and say that she would never need it?" Jooheon asked 

"Yep, all the time." Minho said as he was doing his worksheet. 

"I had to take a extra math class and I don't like math." Yerin said as she looked at them. "Food is almost ready so why don't you two take a break and set the table." She added as she watched Minho drop his pencil and run to the kitchen with Jooheon following closely behind him. She walked to the table with the main dish just being stir fired chicken. She went back to the stove just grabbing another dish of vegtables for Minho that were all spicy. She had also grilled some chicken as well for him. She set his food down just making his plate as she motion for Jooheon to go ahead and make his plate while she got out the side dishes. She finally sat down just making her plate as she started to eat. 

"What are we going to do tomorrow?" Minho asked 

"School." Yerin said as she looked at Minho. 

"Oh yeah. I was hoping you would forget that because there is this cool dinosaur thing-" Minho said as Yerin cut him off. 

"That exhibit will be there this weekend. You can wait until then." Yerin said as she looked at Jooheon. 

"Yeah, you can wait until the weekend or you know on Friday because Hoseok has arranged a science experiment for the kids that is what we are going to." Jooheon said as Yerin rolled her eyes. 

"Yes!" Minho cheered as he ate. 

"Sorry, Hoseok got free tickets from a professor at school that he knew and all the kids get in free." Jooheon said 

"No, I am not upset. I think it is a good thing that you guys are taking them to the exhibit." Yerin said as she looked at him. "It will be fun and I more happy that he is going with his class than skipping school." Yerin said as she sipped on her water. 

"I am just happy that I get to go." Minho nodded as he stuffed some fried bellpepper in his mouth. "You want to stay the night? You can sleep in my top bunk." Minho said as he looked at Jooheon. 

"As fun as that sounds, I shold probably go to my own apartment. My roommate, Jackson (GOT7) is probably wondering when I am coming back plus he might turn my bedroom into a gym." Jooheon laughed as he finished up his food. 

"Okay then." Minho sighed as he ate his final peice of chicken. "I guess then I will just see you at school then." He said as Jooheon nodded. 

"You two sound like highschool lovers." Yerin got up as she followed Jooheon to the door. "Thanks for spending time with us today, It was really fun." Yerin said 

"I would do it all over again. I had fun as well. I'll see you tomorrow." Jooheon leaned over and pecked her cheek. He slipped his shoes on as he opened her door as she just stood there as he waved as she waved back. He only laughed as he closed the door just going on home. 

"He kissed you!" Minho blurted out in the middle of the hallway to the door. "Does this mean you two are like Jooyui and Minhyuk?!" He asked he was scouped up by Yerin as he was carried to his bedroom. 

"No,  we are not. You need to get for bed. Do not tell anyone this. Okay?" Yerin said as she looked at Minho. 

"Okay." Minho shook his head. "And I am the highschool lover." He grumbled as he got ready for bed as he heard his bedroom door shut. He got his pjs on as he turned off his light just getting into bed. 

 

18
march

author's : notes

Hi guys, here is a new chapter! I promise the next chapter will be the last chapter for the weekend.