Chapter 19 - Seventh Day of School Pt 2

little monstars; apply closed!

18
seventh day of school Pt 2

   
 

  Hyungwon walked down the street just in a nice pair of slacks, a red button down shirt, and a black pullover sweater with large sleeves as he had left his scrub coat in his car with his usual scrubs. He walked along the street just seeing the snow falling down on the side walk as the new year and Christmas was starting to come to them. He sighed as he could see his breath as he was walking to be pick up Sooyoung for lunch. He walked into the company building from the address that Sooyoung had sent him. He walked through the doors just knowing that he needed to go front desk to get premission to be allowed upstairs. He walked to the front desk lady as he blinked. "Hello, I am here to see Hong Sooyoung. I believe she works on the third floor?" Hyungwon asked as the lady handed over a visitors pass. "Thank you." Hyungwon said as he clipped it on his jumpper as he walked off to the elevators. He made his way upstairs just seeing her at her desk just passing out folders and what looked to be gifts bags as he pushed open the door just walking over to her desk. He leaned on it as he only seen Sooyoung dressed up for work a few times he had been around to watch her drop off Seungjun. "Hello, Miss Hong. I am here for a lunch meeting." He said as Sooyoung fummbled wit her note books as she turned around to see Hyungwon. 

"Wonnie! God, you scared me." Sooyoung said as a few of the ladies still in the office were looking at her. "Uhm, I am going to take my lunch break. Please leave any work or messages for me on my message board." Sooyoung said as she grabbed her jacket and her bag. 

"Your desk is better than mine." He laughed as he walked out wit her just holding her bag as she put her jacket on as they entered the elevator. 

"It is not that great." Sooyoung answered as they walked out as she walked next to him just slinging her bag just crossbody as she walked out of the building with him. She looked over to him just thinking about where that they should go. "Where do you want to go?" She asked as she looked at him. 

"There is ramen shop this way." Hyungwon said as she nodded. 

"How did your meeting go?" Sooyoung asked as she walked next to him just linking arms with him as she watched him look down at their arms as she started to pull away. 

"It is okay." Hyungwon moved her back just linking their hands together with their fingers. He gave her a half smile as they walked. "It was boring. It was just going over some surgies that they were going to do and they wanted some extra opinions from different departments and labor department chose me." Hyungwon said as they made it to the ramen place. He opened the door for her just letting her go in first as he followed. They sat down just ordering their ramen just waiting for thier food. "I can't talk about them as these are real cases, sorry." Hyungwon told her 

"I know, it is okay. I probably wouldn't understand anyway." She said as she looked at him. "I wanted to ask you something. The other day with Jaehyuk, thank you for not leaving." Sooyoung looked at him. 

"Your welcome." Hyungwon said as he nodded. "Thanks for letting me sleep on your couch." He laughed a bit. 

"Well I didn't want you to drive home that late at night, and Seungjun had all this planned out for us to day too." Sooyoung said as she leaned on her elbow as she smiled. "Plus I am sorry about all the things that Jaehyuk said. He was probably upset over something stuipid or sometimes when I meet knew people he gets like this." Sooyoung said 

"You do not have say sorry. I am fine, everything is fine." Hyungwon said as he nodded. 

"So tonight is when Seungjun and I usually make homemade pizzas. Do you want to come over?" Sooyoung asked as Hyungwon sighed. 

"I would, but I am sorry. I am on shift tonight." Hyungwon said as he looked at her. "I am really sorry." He added

"It is okay. Maybe Seungjun and I can pick you up tomorrow? I don't have to work because my department is all going to conventions and my boss gave me the day off." Sooyoung said as she nodded to him. "We can make breakfast together." Sooyoung smiled more to herself. 

"That sounds fun." Hyungwon said as their food was placed infront of them as they started to eat. He set down his chopsticks as he rolled up Sooyoung sleeves just leaning back as he slid over his pickled raddishes as she liked them better than he did. 

•••

Back at the daycare, the boys were watching the kids either using their hands to paint on their new years banners after telling one of the teachers the wish that they would want on their banner as now they were just decorating it. Hyunwoo sighed as he still hadn't answered Mi's text as he was squeezing some more green paint on to Seungjun's plate as he was painting a turtle on his banner, well correcton it was a squirtle since he already had a pororo on it. "Do you want some more blue too?" He asked Seungjun

"No, I am good." He said as he looked at Hyunwoo. He went back to painting as as he looked down at his banner. 

"I am done with mine!" Hana looked at Hoseok as he was hanging up his own banner on the string in the middle of the room that himself and Hyunwoo put up to dry the banner with paint on them. 

"Alright, I'm coming. Then Changkyun will take you to get clean up." He said as he picked up her banner. He watched as Hana walked over to where Changkyun was near the bathrooms just helping them clean their hands up and wiping down their arms or face if they got paint on themselves. 

"Minnnie! Do not eat the paint!" Lil'Minhyuk said as he reached out and grabbed the paint brush that Minjae had grabbed from one of the plate on the ground. "Kihyun-hyung! Minjae tried to eat a paint brush." He called out as he held Minjae's hands. 

"I got him." Jooheon said as he picked up Minjae just carrying him off to the hallway as Minhyuk was making a snack for the kids when everyone was done painting their banner. Jooheon walked into the bathroom just cleaning Minjae up as he brought him into the pay area that in the cafeateria just laying him down on a play mat just giving him a few toys as Hana and Minho were over here playing. Jooheon sat down at Minhyuk was making something in the kitchen. Soon enough more of the kid were instructed to come where Jooheon was watching them play as Minhyuk was setting up snack just placing bowls in front of chairs at the table. "Did you guys have fun painting your new years banner?" Jooheon asked 

"Yeah, but are we going to put up a christmas tree? My mom just ordered a new one to be to the hosue since auntie Kyungri sold our last one." Haru said as she looked at them. 

"Of course we are!" Minhyuk looked at them. "Maybe we will put it up next week, maybe." Minhyuk said as he clapped his hand as he looked as the others were either clipping up their banners or cleaning up. "So I have a made a treat you all. I made some shaved ice for you all!" Minhyuk smiled at them. "So everyone take a seat and Jooheon can you put Minjae in this high chair?" He asked as Jooheon picked up Minjae. Minhyuk walked back to the kitchen as he brought out a bowl just placing the shaved ice into everyone's bowl as handed Jooheon a cup of spoons as he placed a bowl infront of Minjae's tray on his high chair as he let Minjae use his hands to eat his treat. "If you would like seconds then just ask." He said as he brought the bowl back to the kitchen just placing it in the fridge. He walked back out to the kids as he sat down beside Minjae as Jooheon was at the other end of the table. 

"Thank for the shaved ice." Hana smiled as she looked at Minhyuk as there was a course of thank yous from the kids. 

"Your welcome." Minhyuk said as he smiled to them. 

"than-ou." Minjae sounded as he was starting to babble around them. 

"Oh my gosh, he talked!" Lil'Minhyuk smiled at he turned to Minhyuk. 

"Yeah, he started doing that lately. He is just trying to copy his unnies and hyungs." Minhyuk told them as he kissed Minjae's cheek. 

"I can't wait until my mom has another baby. I so hope it is with Hyunnie." Lil'Minhyuk said as Jooheon coughed on his shaved ice as there was a clamour in the main room. 

"Come on Hyunwoo, you dropped a plate of paint on me!" Hoseok cried as they could hear them. 

"Are you okay, heonie-sam?" Minho asked as he looked at him. He also patted his back. 

"Yeah, I am fine." Jooeon said as the kids had just kept eatting normally. He looked at Hyunwoo and Hoseok in the main room pulling up the tarps as he turned back to Minhyuk as the other quickly shook his head no. "Does anyone want some more?" Jooheon asked as he got up just going to get the bowl. He came back as he saw a few hands up as he placed another scoup in their bowls for them. 

•••

Jooyui had left the cafe for a little bit to grab somethings for Sarang when they went to go pick up the boys and she would leave Minjae with Sarang. She set in them in the back in her office as she walked back out to the cafe just helping Sarang filling a to go order. "I am back." She said as she looked at her. 

"Yeah, I saw you when you came back in." Sarang laughed as she handed the person their to go order. "Thank you, please come again!" Sarang smiled as she handed them the box as she turned back to Jooyui. "So I put the cupcakes you texted me about in the oven and they have been cooling for a few minutes." She said 

"Alright, thanks. I am going to go check on them and then start decorating." She said as she looked as she made her way back in the back. She started on a batch of butter cream just putting all the ingredients in a mixer as she turned it on just finding some food coloring just dropping one into the mixer as she put it away just working some decorations. She stuck her head out of the kitchen door as she looked at Sarang. "Try and sell out the strawberry cupcakes." Jooyui whispered to her as she watched Sarang nodded. 

"You can want me to put them in the free sample cake tower?" Sarang asked as Jooyui nodded. Sarang placed the last five strawberry cupcakes in a small cup cake tower that they have out for free samples for people to try new flavors or get rid of cupcakes that they have small amounts of. Sarang walked back to the counter as she was wiping it down just to get their next order. 

•••

Hyunwoo sighed as he leaned back on the little sofa that was in the caferteria as he was turning his phone over his hands as he watched the kids were eatting lunch after doing class work in their rooms. They going to have their nap after lunch and then outside time before it was time to go home. He unlocked his phone as he looked at Mi's text that he had replied yet to. He sighed as he pressed the text bar as he said yes, we should talk. He pressed send as he slipped his phone in his pocket as he stood up just seeing Minjae starting to get upset about his bottle falling to the ground. "Here you go." Hyunwoo said as he handed the boy his bottle. 

"Alright, when you guys are done eatting bring your tray up here then wash your hands and face in the bathroom then head to your class room for nap." Changkyun said as he was cleaning up up his station just putting left overs in the fridge as he was starting to clean up the kitchen. 

"So you are going to talk to her?" Minhyuk asked as he looked at Hyunwoo as he watched him taking Minjae's tray off of his high chair as Minhyuk picked up Minjae. 

"Yeah. I mean she was just trying to help." Hyunwoo saisd as he walked with Minhyuk as he handed Changkyun the high chair tray. "Though I will tell her that I will never work in the entertainment industry. It just isn't for me, plus with my background then I'll just taint hers." Hyunwoo said 

"No one is perfect, Woo. But it is good that you are going to talk to her rather than holding a grudge like you usually would." Minhyuk said as he took a couple wet wipes from Changkyun as he started to clean up Minjae. 

"I am not the only one that grew up." Hyunwoo looked at him 

"Hyunnie, are you coming? You got to help us get the cots down. Jooheon is too short!" Lil'Minhyuk said 

"Hey that is Jooheon-sam to you!" Jooheon called out after them. 

"I am coming." Hyunwoo said as he walked off just following them to the cots down from the hallway closet. He got down the cots just handing to their teachers as he got down enough for Haru and Lil'Minhyuk just seeing the two waiting for him in their room just having their nap time things in their laps. He laid down their cots as Minhyuk walked in with Minjae just pushing in a crib. 

"I have to go clean up the apartment because Jooyui's parents are flying in, so you're in charge of Minjae for nap time." Minhyuk said 

"Alright, just move my stuff to where it usually goes." Hyunwoo said as he looked at Lil'Minhyuk and Haru as Minjae was already half asleep just snuggling a elephant plushie in his crib. "You two have to be quiet while Minjae in our room and actually take a nap." Hyunwoo said as Minhyuk was already leaving the rooom. 

"We will be quiet." Haru said as she laid down just pulling her blanket up over her shoulders. 

Hyunwoo nodded as he drew the curtains in the room then shut the door and then finally turned off the lights. He sad down on the ground next to Lil'Minhyuk and Haru as he patted Lil'Minhyuk's back as Haru would pat his hand if she wanted to be patted to sleep, but usually she fell asleep on her own. He stopped patting as Lil'Minhyuk had fallen asleep as he got up just as Minjae was stirring as Hyunwoo picked up just wrapped him up in his blanket just laying down and laying Minjae on his chest as he patted his back. 

In Jooheon's room, he had gotten Minho and Seungjun to sleep as reading his third story as both boys were sleeping now. He got up cracking his door open as Hoseok was already sitting outside eatting lunch as Changkyun handed him some food. They usually ate when the kids were napping. "Is Hyunwoo eatting with us?" He asked 

"No, I peeked in and he was asleep with the three of them." Kihyun said as he was eatting some noodles. "Granted he probably wouldn't have eatten saying I am sticking to my food plan." He added as he shook his head. 

"He is dealing with some stuff, leave him alone." Jooheon said as he looked at them. 

"What do you know?" Hoseok nudged his foot 

"Nothing I will tell." Jooheon said "I heard it over evesdropping so I am not getting on Hyunwoo's bad side. I heard he use to beat small people like me up in school." He added 

"Whatever, we will learn what it was from Jooyui when we see her." Kihyun said as he looked at them. He finished his bowl as he set it to the side as he looked at the others. "So how are we going to get a christmas tree, decorations, and other things?" He asked 

"Minhyuk siad that he was handling it." Hoseok said "I mean I can ask my parents if they had any old stuff that they didn't use anymore." He added as he sipped on his water bottle. He heard some coughing in his room as he got up. "I'll be back." He said as he carried out Hana just sitting back down and patting her back. 

"Hopefully she didn't catch anything when we were visiting her mother at the hospital. We should have Hyungwon look at her when she gets here." Changkyun said as he looked at them. 

"He hasn't gotten back yet from his lunch with Sooyoung." Jooheon said 

"Changkyun only wants him to check her before Eunkyung finds out so he doesn't get scolded by his noona." Kihyun said as he dodged a smack from the younger boy. 

"You two stop. You are going to wake up the kids." Jooheon glared at them. 

•••

Hyungwon and Sooyoung were walking back to her company building as they were both holding their hands again. He let her go infront of them as he threw away their coffe cups. He walked with her into the loby of the building as he looked at her. "Thanks for having lunch with me." He said as he looked at her. "I should get back to the daycare." He said 

"You do not have to thank me. I had a lot of fun. Remeber that Seungjun and I wll come pick you up when you get off your shift." Sooyoung said as she leaned over just kissing his cheek. "Tell Seungjun hello when you get to the day care." Sooyoung said as she waved bye as she started to the front desk just giving back Hyungwon's visitor pass as she looked back to see Hyungwon waved bye as he left. 

Hyungwon made his way back to the daycare as he walked to his car just driving closer to the daycare just parking as he got out just making his way to the daycare. He walked into the daycare just walking to his office just passing the others. "Hey guys." He looked at them as they were talking. 

"How did your date go?" Jooheon asked 

"It was fine." Hyungwon looked at Hoseok patting Hana's back. "What happened?" He asked 

"She started coughing." Hoseok said as Hyungwon bent down just taking her from him. 

"I'll take a look at her." Hyungwon said as he walked into his office just turning on the lights as Hana whined a little bit. Hyungwon looked her over as she sat there patiently just being handed a lollipop as Hyungwon peeked his head out of his office door. "She's fine. Just her allegeries." Hyungwon brought Hana out just setting her down beside Hoseok as the rest went back to talking as they waited for nap time to be over. 

 

17
june

author's : notes

Hello! Here is another chapter! I hope that you guys like it.