♦ BaekSoo ft. ChanKai

Exo Family Stories

https://data.whicdn.com/images/269762406/original.gif

 

It's been ages, I know. I'm sorry. T~T
I'm still sick so it could be that this is a little messy and weird but well, I wanted to write something and I hope you still enjoy this one.

 

 

Baekhyun watched as Kyungsoo’s eyes dramatically widened and ducked his head a little when the tips of the man’s ears turned red from the anger that was rising inside him. He knew it was coming and yet he flinched when his boyfriend banged his hand on the table, roaring. “Are you ing kidding me!”

 

The one that was supposed to be affected by the outburst simple simply shook his head. “No.”

 

“Jongin, really! This is not funny.”

 

“It’s not meant to be funny. I’m serious.”

 

“You know this guy for like three months.”

 

“We know each other for a year,” Jongin corrected in a calm tone. “We’re dating for six months.”

 

Kyungsoo in a loud breath. “Six months, twelve months, whatever. You don’t know him well enough to get married!”

 

“I think I do. And I love him, so where’s the problem?”

 

Baekhyun reached to give Kyungsoo’s hand a squeeze before he had the chance to explode again. “Jongin,” he called out to get his boyfriend’s younger brother’s attention. “I’m happy that you finally found someone you can imagine your future with but I think Kyungsoo’s right. You don’t know him well enough to even think about marriage. To get to know your partner properly takes it some time.”

 

Jongin rolled his eyes. “You can’t change my mind. I think we do know each other well enough to take this step.”

 

“We’ll,” Baek said. “You’re old enough to do whatever you like but may I ask why you want to get married so suddenly?”

 

“Oh god, please don’t tell me you are already married,” Kyungsoo huffed. “Please don’t tell this is just a meeting for you to test our reactions.”

 

“No, it’s not,” Jongin said, shaking his head. “We’re not married yet.”

 

“Then why?” Kyungsoo asked his brother. “Why?”

 

“Because we don’t want the baby to be illegitimate.”

 

“The what?!”

 

Baekhyun choked on his coffee in shock when Kyungsoo jumped up.

 

“Baby?! Jongin! Are you out of your mind?!”

 

“Don’t yell at me,” Jongin grumbled at his brother.

 

“Excuse me, how not to yell at you?! You seem to have lost your goddamn mind!”

 

“Hey,” Baek said, reaching for Kyungsoo’s arm. “Calm down a little.”

 

Kyungsoo shook his head. “No,” he said. “Just no! You better let this be a joke.”

 

Instead of calming down and sitting back down at the table, Kyungsoo turned away and stomped out of the room, leaving his boyfriend and little brother alone.

 

“Is it true?” Baekhyun asked when Kyungsoo was out of sight.

 

Jongin nodded, fumbling an ultrasound image out of his jacket pocket. “I’m 10 weeks along.”

 

“Ten weeks already,” Baek took the little print and looked at it. “Why didn’t you tell us earlier?”

 

“I know if for only a few days.”

 

“Ah, I see.” Giving the picture back, Baekhyun leaned into his chair. “But marriage? Really?”

 

Jongin nodded. “Yes, we both don’t want the baby to be illegitimate?”

 

“But what if it won’t work? What if you and him won’t work?”

 

“You can’t change my mind,” Jongin scowled.

 

“I’m not trying to change your mind,” Baek said. “I just want to understand why? A baby is not a reason to get married.”

 

“It’s not? Then what is a reason? Love? Because I do love him, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun sighed. “I’m sure you do but-” “But what?” Jongin grumbled. “I love him and yes, maybe this baby is the reason we get married earlier than we might would have but even if it wouldn’t because of the baby, we’re not like you and Kyungsoo.”

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“Oh please, you’re really asking?” Jongin laughed out, dryly. “Yeah, we’re might getting married after only half a year of relationship but at least we don’t need six years to realize that we want to spend the rest of our lives together.”

 

Jongin might had said those words because he was petty in that moment, mad that his plans of getting married did not get approved the way he wanted them to but his words hit Baekhyun deep. Very deep.

 

Even hours after Jongin had left and Kyungsoo had calmed down again, he thought about the younger’s words. Jongin, unknowingly, had hurt him with pointing out that he and Kyungsoo were a couple for already six years and still nothing more than boyfriends.

 

Baekhyun had thought of it before; multiple times already. He had thought of marrying Kyungsoo, or at least getting engaged but the younger always dodged this topic perfectly. And now, with Jongin getting married he started to question how many years he had to wait until Kyungsoo would finally want them to live their lives as husbands.

 

A deep sigh that slipped past Baekhyun’s lip caught Kyungsoo’s attention as he walked past the kitchen where Baek was sitting at the dining table. “Baek? Babe, is something wrong?”

 

“Hm?” Baek hummed, looking up from the magazine he actually wanted to read. “What?”

 

Frowning, Kyungsoo sat down at the table. “What’s wrong? What’s with that face?”

 

“Oh, it’s nothing.”

 

“There is, don’t try to deny it.”

 

Breathing in, Baek bit down his lip. “It’s-”

 

“Is it about Jongin?”

 

“No, not directly.”

 

Shaking his head in confusion, Kyungsoo raised a brow. “Not directly?”

 

Not really wanting to tell what he was so sulky about, Baekhyun shrugged. “Ah, just forget it.”

 

“No, I want to know it.”

 

“W-well, okay. It’s about Jongin,” Baek then said, knowing that Kyungsoo would not leave him alone. “H-he has shown me the ultrasound image.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed. “So, it’s really true?”

 

“He’s ten weeks along.”

 

“God, I can’t believe it. How can he be so stupid?!”

 

“Well, I’m sure it was an accident.”

 

“Accident, planned, whatever,” Soo growled. “What the hell is he thinking? He knows this guy for only a year.”

 

“True, but if he loves him and feels that he’s the right one.”

 

“Wait, are trying to defend him now?”

 

“No, but what else can we do? He’s old enough to know what’s right for him,” Baek said. “And let’s be honest. We won’t be able to stop him.”

 

“I’ll try.”

 

“Gosh, just leave him be. I’m on your side and also thinks that it’s a little too early for them to get married but we can’t change it. Also,” Baek paused. “Jongin’s boyfriend must be a great guy if Jongin is that sure about their marriage.”

 

Kyungsoo huffed. “Yeah, sure he is.”

 

“You don’t even know him.”

 

“I don’t even want to know him. He’s ruined Jongin's whole life.”

 

“That’s hardly his fault alone.”

 

“God, I just don’t get why he wants to marry that guy? Six months, that’s crazy.”

 

“Almost as crazy as being together for six yea-ah!” Baek slapped a hand over his mouth when he realized what he was saying.

 

His boyfriend frowned. “What?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Oh god, is that why you were so weird earlier? Because Jongin is getting married and we’re not even engaged?”

 

Biting down his lip, Baek gazed away. “Maybe,” he then mumbled.

 

“You can’t be serious.”

 

“Why not?” He spat. “Is it that bad that I want us to be more than just boyfriends?”

 

“N-no but-”

 

“But what? Do you have to get to no me more to be sure that I’m the one you want to spend the rest of your life with?” Baek’s ears were burning from anger. “ yes. I want to get married and that not just since yesterday. But everytime I hint something you dodge this topic. It’s been almost ten years, Kyungsoo. Ten freaking years. Two and a half years of dating and almost seven years of relationship. All of our friends are married and half of them have their own family by now and we? We go around in circles! The same boring stuff day in, day out!”

 

Stunned by his boyfriend’s outburst Kyungsoo just stared at the older.

 

“Great and now you don’t know what to say or what?” Huffing Baekhyun stood up from his seat and grabbed his magazine. “Gosh, sometimes I wonder why I even fell for you!”







 





 

Baekhyun had never met or seen Jongin’s boyfriend before, only knew about him what Jongin had told him and he was excited to meet the guy Jongin was so head over heels with. Sitting in a coffee shop nearby his home, he waited for the two young men to finally arrive.

 

“Jongin, here,” he called out, waving at the younger when he walked into the cafe, followed by a very tall guy. “Hey,” he smiled at them when they stepped to his table.

 

Jongin’s boyfriend returned the smile and held out his hand. “Hello, I’m Chanyeol. Nice to meet you.”

 

“Nice to meet you, too,” Baek said, shaking the big hand. “I’m Baekhyun.”

 

“Baekhyun?” The tall man sounded confused.

 

“Ah, yeah,” Jongin chuckled. “Baek is my brother’s boyfriend.”

 

“Ah yes,” Baek smiled. “Kyungsoo’s not here and I’m sure he won’t show up. I’m sorry.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “Uh no, it’s fine. Jongin told me that his brother didn’t react nicely to the news.”

 

“Not nicely is the wrong description,” Baek chuckled. “But yeah, he wasn’t happy.”

 

Jongin sighed. “Yeah, he was about to flip tables.”

 

Baekhyun’s lips curled into a soft smile when Chanyeol gave Jongin‘s neck a loving squeeze. “Would you like to drink something?” He asked when Jongin was about to sit down.

 

“Oh, I’ll go and get us something, stay seated,” Chanyeol smiled. “What would you like to have?”

 

“Oh, a Latte Macchiato, please.”

 

As Chanyeol turned away to get them their drinks,. Baek leaned over the table. “He’s handsome.”

 

“He is,” Jongin giggled.

 

“And huge,” Baek added with a whistle. “How tall is he?”

 

“No idea,” the younger shrugged. “He doesn’t even know himself,” he laughed.

 

Snickering, Baekhyun looked over to the counter where Chanyeol was placing their order. “He seems to be very nice.”

 

“He’s pure gold,” Jongin smiled, also gazing over to his boyfriend. “You’ll like him.”

 

Baekhyun indeed liked him; very much as a matter of fact. Chanyeol was young but handled the whole situation they were in with a lot maturity. And the more he learned about Jongin’s soon to be husband, the more Baekhyun knew he had to get him at one table together with Kyungsoo.

 

By the end of their meeting Baek still found that Jongin and Chanyeol were quite young to get married and have a family but they were also able to convince Baek that they had everything under control.

 

Back at home, Baekhyun instantly reached for his laptop and sat down the couch. Knowing from their friends that a baby cost a fortune even before it was born, he decided to help the young couple a little and surprise them with taking over the cost of either a stroller or some furniture.

 

Scrolling through the page of a big baby online shop, Baekhyun just looked at some carry cots as Kyungsoo showed up, immediately spotting the baby products. “For what are you looking at stuff like this?”

 

Rolling his eyes, Baek turned his head to Kyungsoo. “Well, obviously not for our baby.”

 

“So what, you’re going to buy Jongin a baby carrier?”

 

“Maybe. At least one of us should support him.”

 

Kyungsoo huffed.

 

“Don’t give me that look,” Baek grumbled. “There’s nothing to it if we help them a little. A baby is expensive after all.”

 

“Sure, and exactly because it is expensive they should’ve invested in contraceptives.”

 

“If you’d spare your brother a minute without yelling at him you’d know that this baby happened under the intake of contraceptives.”

 

“Yeah, sure.”

 

Baek sighed. “You know what, screw you. I know better and I’ll be there for Jongin and Chanyeol. I don’t need you for that.”

 

“Chanyeol? Is that that guys name?”

 

“It is, yes. And that guy is a very nice fella. Too bad you’ll never know.”

 

The comment hit a nerve, Baekhyun could tell by the way Kyungsoo clenched his jaw when he breathed in.   

 

“What did they tell you?”

 

“Things.”

 

“What exactly?”

 

Baek laughed out. “Oh please, as if I’d tell you.”

 

“Come on, don’t be like that.”

 

“But I am like that.”

 

A growl left Kyungsoo. “You’re unbelievable.”

 

“Sure, whatever,” Baek shrugged. “And now excuse me, I have something to do.”

 

The tension that lay between them didn’t subside and when Baekhyun went to bed that night, it felt almost a little awkward laying down next to Kyungsoo.

 

“Did you mean it?”

 

Blinking his eyes back open at the sudden question, Baek frowned. “What?”

 

“Did you mean it when you said that you sometimes wonder why you fell for me?”

 

The question had Baekhyun gasping. Quickly he sat up and switched on the bedside lamp. “What?” He asked again, looking at Kyungsoo.

 

The other lay with his back to him and didn’t turn around when the glowing light bulb of the lamp dipped the room into a soft play of lights and shadow.

 

“Did you mean it?”

 

“Of course not! I was just mad and-god Soo, turn around and look at me!”

 

Kyungsoo slowly turned around, eyes narrowed when he looked at the older.

 

“Why would you think I meant it?”

 

“Because I obviously bore you.”

 

“I never said that.”

 

“But it must be like that. Otherwise you wouldn’t have said that we go around in circles and do the same boring stuff, day in and out.”

 

Baek swallowed. “Well, yes,” he said. “That’s what I said but-” He paused when Kyungsoo sat up.

 

“Do I bore you?”

 

“No.”

 

“But our life is boring.”

 

“N-no, I mean,” Baek whined. “I just don’t get why we’re still not have taken another step further into our relationship. I know you’re the type to take time with everything life changing but we’re together for so long. Hell, I had to wait over two years to finally be able to officially call you my boyfriend and by now I’m not even able to introduce you as my fiance. It’s just-” he paused, sighing. “It’s almost as if I wouldn’t be good enough for you to be your spouse.”

 

“What? Oh god, Baek no. Don’t say such a thing.”

 

“Then why? Tell me why in all these years you’ve always waved anything related to marriage off?”

 

“I don’t know,” Kyungsoo said. “It’s not that I don’t want to marry you, I just thought that we have to be a little more independent before tying the knot.”

 

“More independent?” Baek frowned. “How much more independence do we need? We’re living together for five years and we both have good jobs. What else do you want more?”

 

“Well, you know financial independence. I know we have our jobs and we’re saving up but all that, what you’re dreaming off costs money. If we get married I don’t just want to sign papers. I want to give you the wedding you’ve always dreamed of. And if we start a family I don’t want us to live here. I want our children to have a home with a garden and we’d need at least one car a-”

 

Kyungsoo stopped talking midway when he noticed Baekhyun’s glassy eyes. “Why are you crying now? Please, don’t cry. What did say? Did I say something wrong?”

 

Baekhyun shook his head, trying to show his boyfriend a smile. Big tears started to drop down to his cheeks and he couldn’t prevent them from falling. “I’m sorry.”

 

“No, no,” Soo said, moving closer. Cupping Baek’s face he pressed a kiss to the olders lips. “Don’t be sorry. I’m the one who has to apologize. Babe, please don’t cry.”

 

“I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

 

“And I didn’t mean to be so harsh. It was just-” “Because you’re hurt,” Baek took the word, looking into Kyungsoo’s eyes. “I’m sorry,” he apologized again. “I shouldn’t have said that. I was petty in that moment.”

 

“So was I,” Soo sighed. He closed his eyes when Baekhyun rested his forehead against his. “I’m sorry.”

 

“I know you are. Let’s not talk about it anymore.”

 

“I’m still mad at Jongin, though,” Kyungsoo uttered after they had settled into a more comfortable position, laying down.

 

“You shouldn’t,” Baek smiled, reaching out to brush away a strand of hair that had fallen into his boyfriend's face. “Chanyeol is a really nice guy and they both know that these circumstances are not the most ideal but they’ve got a good plan to work things out.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed a little. “You said Jongin was on contraceptives. Do you believe it?”

 

“I do, yes,” Baek nodded. “It could’ve happened to us before, too.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Remember the knee injury Jongin suffered from?” Baek continued when Kyungsoo gave him a nod. “He was taking these high-dose antibiotics against the inflammation, right?”

 

“And this antibiotic was able to inhibit the effect of the contraceptive?”

 

Baek nodded. “They were shocked and Jongin was close to breaking down because he couldn't explain how this was able to happen but the doctors elucidated them. They also have talked about abortion.”

 

“T-they did?”

 

“They’re both fully aware that a child brings along a lot of responsibility and that their lives are going to dramatically change but they both have decided by common agreement to keep the child.”

 

Kyungsoo only nodded at the words and kept quiet for a while. Gazing at the hand that was playing with the embroidered patch on his shirt, he let his eyes stay there for a mere second until he looked back up again. “So, you said Chanyeol is a nice guy?”

 

“He is,” Baek smiled. “And very mature for his age, you’ll like him.”

 

“What is he doing? Is he still a student?”

 

“No, he’s dropped out of university,” Baek said and Kyungsoo instantly scowled. “Hey, listen first, okay?”

 

“Okay.”

 

“He’s dropped out of uni and went to work at his uncle's workshop as it was in financial troubles to help out but got trained there in the end. This is why he didn’t go back to school. He’s an auto mechanic and part of the management by now. And he just started a part-time job as a doorman.”

 

“A part-time job as a doorman? Why that if he’s part of the workshops management.”

 

“I think I don’t have to tell you that mechanics don’t make millions and Chanyeol is a very forward-thinking guy. He’ll only work in this job until the baby is born. The money he’ll make with this job will be invested for everything the baby needs.”

 

Kyungsoo hummed. “I see.”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “They’re really not that immature. Yes, they’re young but they’re aware of their situation.”

 

“Yeah, I guess you’re right. But marriage?”

 

“Let them do what they think is right,” Baek said. “And let’s be honest. Would you want our child to be illegitimate?”

 

“N-nom, I guess not,” Soo answered after a short term of silence.”

 

“See,” the older said, smiling. “Then let them do. You are all Jongin has and you should support him.”

 

“Yes,” Kyungsoo nodded. “You’re right. I should be there for him.”

 

“Good, and you can start with it tomorrow. I invited them over for dinner.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened at the words. “You wha-” He laughed out at the silly grin on Baekhyun's face.  “Thank you,” he said, slowly leaning in to nip at his boyfriends lips.

 

“For what?” Baek asked, eyes already fluttering shut as Kyungsoo gently grabbed him by the chin.

 

“For everything. I love you.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t need a spoken respond to his confession. Baekhyun’s smile against his lips was fully enough.





 



 

Jongin's boyfriend was nervous, Kyungsoo could tell and it somehow amused him. Chanyeol was huge, a young man of impressive height and physique and yet he looked like a little, lost boy as he sat at the dining table, jittery playing with Jongin's hand.

 

“There’s no need to be nervous,” Baekhyun laughed. “He always looks this mean.”

 

“Hey!”

 

Kyungsoo offended gasp was able to tickle a smile out of Jongin’s fiance. “I’m sorry,” he then apologized. “I know about your family situation and Jongin attaches great importance to your opinion, so I want to leave a good impression.”

 

Baekhyun wasn’t able to hold himself back and cooed at the wors, flustering Chanyeol. Jongin lowered his head and giggled, apologizing to his boyfriend when Chanyeol whined softly at him for laughing.

 

Kyungsoo also wasn’t able to hold back an amused smile but quickly returned to his stoic state. “Well then, let me know about your plans. Baekhyun has told me that you’ve already planned something out but he hasn’t told me any details.”

 

Jongin instantly scowled as he knew his older brother was lying to test Chanyeol. “Kyungsoo,” he grumbled, glaring at his brother. “Stop it.”

 

“What? I know nothing and I’d like to be enlightened about your plans.”

 

“Ah, it’s okay,” Chanyeol voiced out, gifting Jongin a smile before looking at Kyungsoo. “You can ask whatever you like.”

 

“Alright,” Soo said. “And let me know how you think you’re going to maintain your family.”

 

“Well, I have a job, so there will be a steady income we can live off. We already calculated everything and less the cost of living, including rent, electricity and water bills, we have about $500 left each month for free disposal.”

 

“$500 is not much when you have a baby,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“True,” Chanyeol said, nodding his head. “But until the baby is born I’ll work another job to put some money aside and to pay for everything we need for the baby.”

 

“Yes and as long as I’m allowed to, I’ll continue my job at the shop as well,” Jongin added with a firm nod.

 

“Even if Jongin would have to stop his job tomorrow, we’d still have enough to cover the costs up,” Chanyeol said.

 

“Oh yeah?” Kyungsoo hummed. “What kind of job did you start that it’ll cover up Jongin’s income?”

 

“Oh, I started a job as a drooman. I know, it does sound not exciting but the payment is really good. I’m making $15 the hour. So far we’re able to put away $700.”

 

“Impressive,” Kyungsoo uttered and he meant truly meant it. “I assume you work on the weekends?”

 

“Yes,” the young man nodded.

 

“Will you work throughout the whole remaining months?”

 

“I was planning to but I think it’s not necessary and I can leave in about six to seven months.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded to himself, caulating in his head the amount of money Chanyeol would’ve earned by the time Jongin would reach end of his second trimester. He was truly surprised and impressed that Chanyeol was so dedicated and well organized.

 

“What about your planned marriage? It costs money too, doesn’t it?”

 

“Well, we did not plan to have a big party or anything. We wanted to make it a small ceremony with just family.”

 

Baekhyun nudged his thigh under the table when Jongin and Chanyeol exchanged sweet smiles and glances.

 

“Chanyeol, may I ask how your family reacted to the news?”

 

“Oh,” the young man laughed out, scratching himself behind the head. “I had a slipper flying at me and a couple of plates when the slipper missed me. But after that little outburst everyone quickly calmed down again. I’m lucky, they love Jongin just as much as I do and they’re excited to have him in the family.”

 

The sudden, indirect love confession had Kyungsoo smiling. He glanced at Baekhyun and gave him a faint nod.

 

“God, finally,” Baek breathed out, dramatically throwing his head back.

 

“Oh, I knew it,” Jongin goraned. “You already knew everything!”

 

“Sure he did,” Baek said, waving the younger off. “But enough of that. We have to tell you something.”

 

Both, Jongin and Chanyeol blinked their eyes. “Uh, yeah? What is it?”

 

“We know a baby is expensive, not only now but in future as well and because of that we’d like to support you a little and take over the cost of the baby’s nursery,” Baekhyun happily announced, clapping his hands together.

 

Chanyeol was the first to react to the offer. “Oh,” he voiced out. “Oh, that’s really nice of you but no, we can’t accept this.”

 

“Nonsense.”

 

“No, really,” this time Jongin said. “That’s too much. Furniture is expensive.”

 

“Exactly. And that’s why we’d like to get this off your shoulders,’ Kyungsoo said, smiling at the couple.

 

“I appreciate that, really,” Jongin said. “But this is really too much. I mean, you have to work for this money, too.”

 

“Don’t worry, we have some in the savings,” Baek smiled.

 

“Oh god, no. That makes it even worse. Those are your savings Keep them!”

 

“For what?” Baek laughed out, shrugging. “Your brother hasn’t ask me to marry or start a family with him in years, so we don’t need it for any of these occasions. This way we, at least, make a good use of it.”

 

Kyungsoo breathed in at the comment and rolled his eyes. “Anyways,” he voiced out. “What Baek is trying to say is that we’d like to take some load off your shoulders and we’d be happy if you accept our offer. We’ll cover up the cost for whatever you need from crib to changing table, etc. You can choose whatever you like.”

 

“Actually, you have no choice than accepting,” Baek threw in. “Because we’re not accepting a no!”

 

“Bu-” “Rule number one, Chanyeol,” Baek sait, pointing at the young man. “If I want something, I’ll get it. And I’m going to buy my baby niece of nephew it’s very first furniture, no matter what.”

 

“Oh, o-okay,” Chanyeol said. “T-then, uh, can I hug you?”

 

“With pleasure,” Baek smiled, getting up from his seat, already spreading his arms.

 

His boyfriends frame got almost completely swallowed by Chanyeol’s embrace and Kyungsoo chuckled at the countless ‘Thank you’s’ the younger uttered while hugging Baekhyun.

 

Kyungsoo watch Baek getting cuddled by Jongins giant fiance until he got tapped on the shoulder. Turning his head he met Jongin’s soft smile. “Thank you,” his little brother whispered, moving in for a hug.

 

“Anything for you,” Kyungsoo said, tightly hugging Jongin. “I’m sorry for being so harsh at first.”

 

“It’s okay,” Jongin mumbled into the embrace. “I know you only reacted this way because you want the best for me.”

 

“Yes, but still,” pulling away, Kyungsoo looked at his brother. “I need to stop treating you like a baby. You’re grown up and hey, soon you’ll have your own baby.”

 

Jongin giggled. “I’m excited but nervous as well.”

 

“Whenever you need help with something, you can come to me.”

 

“That’s nice but-” “I know, you have Chanyeol now,” Soo cut in. “But hey, I’m in a relationship too and even if our partners are the best, sometimes they can get us on the nerves and then we need someone we can rant to about them.”

 

“But you never come to me when Baek annoys you,” Jongin said, pouting a little.

 

“Honey, that’s because I never annoy your brother. I’m gold.”

 

“You wish,” Kyungsoo muttered.

 

“Excuse me, I can’t be that bad if you decided to spend the last ten years with me.”

 

“Well, it’s been a struggle.”

 

Baekhyun gasped. “Oh you, now I’m of-no, no, I’m not talking to you anymore. Hey Chanyeol, do you have a big brother by any chance?”

 

Jongin’s fiance instantly panicked a little. “Uh, oh, what?”

 

“Don’t worry,” Jongin laughed. “They’re always like that. You better get used to it.”

 

“O-okay.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled at the taller’s dumbfounded face and shook his head slightly. “Say, we didn’t have any time to celebrate your engagement and the baby news yet, shall we catch up on that?”

 

“Good idea,” Baek approved with a nod. “I’ll go and get us something to drink,” he added as he strolled off to get three glasses of sparkling wine and a glass of juice for Jongin.




 



 

“See, wasn’t so bad, was it? I told you Chanyeol is a nice guy.”

 

Kyungsoo nodded as Baekhyun sat down next to him on the couch. “He is, yes. I know he’s going to treat Jongin good. He’s truly very mature for his age.”

 

Baek smiled softly. “So, how are you feeling knowing you’re going to be an uncle soon?”

 

“It’s a very surreal feeling,” Kyungsoo laughed. “I’ll start believing it when I hold it in my arms.”

 

“Ah, that’s something I can’t wait to see,” Baek hummed. “What do you think, will we ever have a child?”

 

“I’m sure but I think we should start with getting married first, don’t you think?”

 

“Well, that’s a-what?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened at the smiled that formed on Kyungsoo’s lips. “What?” His heart started to thump in his chest when Kyungsoo’s hand moved to reach into the pocket of his pants. “D-don’t play with me, Kyungsoo. That’s not funny.”

 

“I’m not playing,” Kyungsoo said, bringing a shiny, sliver ring to light. “I want you to marry me, Baekhyun. You’re right, I made you wait way too long and I can’t wait to continue our relationship with you being my spouse.”

 

Baekhyun broke into tears and whined loudly when Kyungsoo laughed at him. “Don’t laugh you .” With tears rolling down his cheeks he watched as Kyungsoo slipped the ring onto his finger. “It’s so beautiful.”

 

“I’m glad you like it. I have it for quite a while already.”

 

“W-what?”

 

The younger nodded. “I bought it last year after we had this ridiculous fight about our vacation trip.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“And why the hell did I have to wait until today for you to pop the question?! You could’ve asked last year already!”

 

“Well, I asked now and you still haven’t said yes,” Soo chuckled.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Well, yes, of course! Yes! Yes! Yes!” Leaning forwards he slung his arms around the younger’s neck. “At least I didn’t have to wait a full decade.”

 

“Maybe I should’ve let you wait a decade.”

 

“I’m glad you didn’t,” Baek said, voice suddenly calm and soft. “I know being married his nothing more than signing some papers but it means a lot to me.”

 

“I know,” Kyungsoo smiled. “And I’m glad you said yes, even though I’ve let you wait so long.”

 

Baekhyun returned the smile. “Anytime,” he said. “I love you.”

 

“And I love you,” Kyungsoo responded, meeting Baekhyun for their very first kiss as an engaged couple.