♦ KrisHo

Exo Family Stories

https://image.dek-d.com/27/0348/5759/117830510

Requested by the nice anon from ask.fm. :3
It'll be the last baby Chanyeol for a while~ :p

 

 

 

It was yet another normal day at the Wu family's house and with a smile on his face Yifan watched as his oldest son helped one of his little brother's. Baekhyun had fallen and slightly had bumped his head on the wall as he tried to chase his twin brother and now sat on the floor with his older brother cooling the throbbing spot on his forehead.

In fascination the father watched the tiny ice flakes falling from his son's palm as he created a soft, cooling ice breeze. Yifan had been incredible happy and prout when he first found out that Minseok had a similar power as Junmyeon. It wasn't always easy though, especially in the beginning when Minseok's power first showed up. Back then he accidentally froze everything he touched, including his food and his favorite plush toy. But the little boy quickly grew fond of his power and mastered it.

Unlike his twins brothers. Jongdae and Baekhyun still had to learn a lot. They weren't able to deep freeze stuff but this didn't mean that their powers were less dangerous, at least Jongdae's. The little boy and his ability to, more or less, control lightnings crept Yifan out. Especially when their was a thunderstorm coming up it was better to stay away from him because during those times his whole body was electrically charged.

While Junmyeon was pregnant with the twins, they have learned that one of the babies would be born with a passive power, the other with an active power. And that Baekhyun was the one with the passive power was out of question, though Yifan wondered where the boy got his ability to control light from. Jongdae's power also didn't make any sense but it at least was an active power just like Junmyeon's and his, but Baek totally not fit into the picture.

Not that Yifan had a problem with it, the contrary. He really liked Baek's power. It was undangerous and charming, though it sometimes could get quite creepy or annoying. Only the day before Baek had caused every light in mall to turn off because he had to sneeze. And when the boy was angry or crying his whole energy caused all light to flicker like in a horror movie.

The father got pulled out of his thought when he heard a soft voice calling "We are home." He smiled, now they were complete again. All seven family members back under one roof. Getting up from the chair he sat in, Yifan walked to the hallway. "Hey," he greeted his husband his two youngest son's.

Kyungsoo smiled at him, holding onto a bouquet of flowers. "Daddy, look," he said, holding the flowers up. "The nice lady at the flower shop gave these to me," the four years old proudly said.

"Daddy, look," came from the tiny figure next to Kyungsoo and Yifan had to bite back a laugh as Chanyeol mimicked his brother's action and showed him the transparent bag of bread he was holding in both hands. "Bun!"

"Ohh," Yifan voiced. "So, you haven bread means, you went to the bakery?"

"Yes," Chanyeol nodded, grinning. Satisfied that he had shown his father the bread he then tightly hugged the bag of bread and toddled towards the kitchen.

Looking after the small human, Yifan chuckled and turned to his husband. "You've been gone long," he stated and took both shopping bags away from the younger.

Junmyeon sighed. "I don't know what's wrong today, people are buying as if there would be no food anymore by tomorrow" he said. "It was so crowded it took aus one hour to go through all aisles and when we reached the checkout we had to wait another hour. Oh, and I lost Kyungsoo for a second."

"You lost him?"

"Yeah, it happened even before I could prevent it," Myeon said. "Suddenly someone push past us and dragged him along."

"How did you find him again?"

"Well, he found us. You know your son, he just made his way through the people his style."

Yifan had to laugh at the comment. With "his style" Junmyeon meant that Kyungsoo used his power to push past the people and pushing past the people actually meant pushing the people out of his way.

Kyungsoo was the earliest to discover his power and it truly shocked the parents as they found out that their delicate baby was in charge of the power strength. Junmyeon almost fainted when Kyungsoo pushed the whole couch aside in order to get to the ball that had rolled under it.

Just like all their kids powers, Kyungsoo's as well had its good and bad points. Bad point was definitely that the boy was able to create small earthquakes by just stomping his feet. What on the other hand had a good side though because Kyungsoo only stomped his feet when the twins annoyed him.

Chanyeol was the only one whose power was still a mystery. The boy was already two, was able to talk in full sentences now but his power was still a secret. Yifan hoped for something similar to Junmyeon’s power or even Junmyeon's power itself but Chanyeol was not really fond of water and didn't like showering or bathing so the parents were sure that he for sure didn't have a water power running in his blood.

"And how did it go here?"

Yifan hummed. "It was quiet. Min was reading a book and the twins were fighting dragons."

Junmyeon grinned. "So, they fought you?"

The tall man rolled his eyes. "Ha ha."

Junmyeon laughed at the frowny expression his husband made ad hugged him around the waist. "Don't frown like this. It makes you look like an old, grumpy dragon."

Yifan groaned at the comment but leaned down to give the smaller a peck when he pursed his lips, chuckling. "What's for dinner?" He asked to change the topic.

"I thought of ordering something," Myeon said. "After this hell trip of grocery shopping I'm not in the mood of cooking."

"Great," the taller smiled. "Then let's have movie night with the kids. It's been a while."

"Great idea," the younger said. He turned his head and called out for his kids.

The twins were first to enter the kitchen, followed by Minseok. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were last. Chanyeol toddled after his big brother, holding onto the hem of his shirt.

"We thought of having a movie night with you," the young father began. "We going to order food and watch a couple of movies.'

"Yay," the kids cheered.

"Since Min chose the movies last time, it's Kyungsoo's turn to pick out some, today."

The kids nodded.

"You," Myeon said and pointed at the twins. "You can choose the snacks for tonight. Minseok, you can choose what we're going to eat."

"And me?" Chanyeol asked, blinking his big brown eyes at his Papa.

Junmyeon hummed, then smiled. "You can pick out the dessert."

Obviously satisfied with the answer, the little boy smiled.

"Alright," Yifan said. "Already any ideas?"

Their eldest son nodded. "Can we have fried chicken for dinner?"

"Sure."

"I want chips," Jongdae chirped.

"And jelly," Baek added, nodding.

Yifan knelt down so he was almost eye to eye with his youngest. "And you? What do you want to have for dessert?"

Chanyeol pursed his lips into a pout and made a humming sound. "Ice cream?" His answer was an question and he gazed up to Kyungsoo. "But hyung doesn't like ice-cream," he mumbled, knowing that Kyungsoo wasn't a fan of ice-cream. "Fruits?"

Junmyeon's heart almost melted at the cuteness. It amazed him how attentive Chanyeol was despite his young age. "You know, Yeol, we get ice-cream with fresh fruits. And if Kyungsoo doesn't want to have ice-cream he just can eat some fruits."

"Okie," the boy chirped, happy with the solution.

Set with what they would have for dinner and as snacks, Yifan ordered the food and prepared the living room for their movie marathon. Meanwhile, Junmyeon and the kids set the dining table.

Jongdae and Baekhyun loudly cheered when the delivery man rang the bell and dropped off their food. Minseok started to unpack the bags while his parents were in the kitchen preparing some drinks. "Baek, Melon or Strawberry?"

"Strawberry," the boy shouted back.

"Let me carry the tray," Myeon said and lifted the tray up. "Could you get some napkins?"

"Sure."

As they came to the dining room all kids already sat at the table, waiting for them. Baekhyun who sat on the left from Chanyeol helped his brother opening a package of ketchup and poured it onto his plate.

During dinner the twins were separated. They didn't like it but it was the best for everyone, Junmyeon and Yifan knew.

The chicken Minseok had chosen smelled heavenly and all kids were quietly enjoying their food. "Yummy" Yeol cheered, holding his chicken wing up into the air.

"Yeollie, try this," Baek said and pointed at a small bowl of sauce. He reached for a piece of chicken that lay on Chanyeol's plate and dipped it into the sauce.

"No," Chanyeol whined. "No."

"But it's yummy," Baek said.

"No," the smaller whined again.

"Try it," the older brother said again and laid the chicken down onto the plate.

As the with sauce covered side touched some of his other chicken wings, Chanyeol cried out. "No," he literally screamed and kicked out with his tiny legs. "Don't wanna!"

"Baek," Junmyeon sighed and eyed the boy. He rose up from his chair and went over to Chanyeol. Reaching out for him, he wanted to lift him out of his chair but shrieked as he touched the boy's skin. "Ow!"

Yifan frowned. "What happened?"

"He." Myeon stuttered, eyes wide open. "He's bruning."

Just as the words had slipped past his lips, a strand of Chanyeol's black locks started to burn. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun squeaked in shock as their brother's hair suddenly was on fire and Junmyeon quickly moved his hand to create a bubble of water in his palm. He tried to extinguish the fire but it didn't work. "Yifan, do something," he cried out in panic.

Yifan went over to their son and lifted him out of the chair. He could feel the heat of his son's body but to his surprise it didn't burn him. He brought Chanyeol into his arms and rocked him. "Yeollie, it's okay. You don't have to eat the chicken. You can have some new pieces."

Still crying, Chanyeol buried his face into his Daddy's nape. After a few more minutes of crying his sobbing eventually stopped and his body temperature went back to normal.

"Are you okay?"

Blinking his teary eyes, Yeol nodded. "Hyung put sauce on my chicken.  I want to sauce."

"You don't have to eat the pieces with the sauce," Yifan said and gazed at his son's hair. One last strand of hair was still burning and Yifan reached out to extinguish it. As he ran a hand over Chanyeol's head, ash fell from the boy's hair. "Huh?"

"What?" Junmyeon asked at the surprised sound his husband made. "What is it?"

"H-his hair," Yifan brought out, running his fingers through his son's hair once again. "It's r-red, now." With every over the head more ash fell from Chanyeol's hair, revealing his new hair color.

"Uh, why is it like this?" Jongdae wanted to know.

"Yeah, what happened?" Minseok asked, wanting to know as well.

"W-we have no idea," Yifan said. "But, I'm sure uncle Yixing knows and that's why we call him now." Yifan set Chanyeol back into his chair and changed the boy's plate with his own. "You wait here and finish dinner."

"Baek, and don't you dare to upset him again."

Quickly, the older twin shook his head. "I won't. I promise," he said, still shocked that his little brother literally bursted into flames just a minute ago.

The parents left the dining room and went to the kitchen, calling their longtime friend Yixing. Yixing was also a carrier of a power and a medic, an expert when it came to innate powers. They were sure, he could help. "Yixing," Yifan squeaked into the phone as the man answered the call. "Chanyeol burned!"

"He, uh, what?" Yixing asked, sounding confused.

"Yes, yes," Junmyeon said. "He got upset and started burning. His whole hair was on fire and now it's red."

The medic hummed. "Oh, great."

"Great? How is this great?" Yifan asked. "He was burning. Junmyeon couldn't even touch him."

"But you could, right?"

"Uh, yeah, yeah I could."

"What does it mean?" Junmyeon asked.

"It means that Chanyeol's power, quite obviously, is fire. No wonder that it took so long, his power couldn't develop faster."

"What?"

"Yes," Yixing said. "Minseok for example was always close to water which means his inner power could develop faster."

Yifan hummed. "So, means if we would have a fireplace, Chanyeol's power could've develop faster. Well, at least during the cold seasons."

"Right."

"But why fire?" Junmyeon asked, whining. "It doesn't make sense."

"Oh, it does," Yixing said. "And you should be happy about it."

Both parents let out huffs. "Yixing, we have two years old child that now is able to set everything on fire," Junmyeon grumbled. "I'm not happy at all. And now tell me how this could happen?"

"Do you remember what I've told you when you first discovered the twins powers?"

"Eh, not really no," Yifan honestly said. "I'm still shocked at we kinda have a little Zeus running around here."

Yixing chuckled. "Alright, I'll explain it again," he said. "If people like you, two people with powers have kids, their children don't necessary get the same power as their parents. They also can get powers similar to their parents or supporting powers. It goes back to the times where our species still had to fight against the normal human beings. If you know would get attacked, you, Junmyeon, and Jongdae would be an unbeatable team."

"Yeah, why?"

"Just think about it. You're water, he's lightning. You're combination is more than deadly. He's your supporting power. And since twins come in passive and active, Baek as a similar power to Jongdae. They both can create light."

"Okay, okay, I get it," Myeon said. "What about Soo?"

"Kyungsoo has not a supporting power but a similar power as Yifan."

Confused the parents looked at each other. "Eh, what? Xing, I can fly. Soo cannot fly."

"True but he's strong, Just like you. Your power comes from the creature you're resembling. Dragons can fly and they're a strong."

"And they ing spit fire!" Junmyeon cursed. "So, he got it from you!"

Yifan winced when the smaller hit him in the shoulder. "Well, excuse me. How could've known?"

"Actually," Yixing threw in. "Chanyeol is the perfect mix of both of you."

"Don't talk nonsense, Yixing," Myeon huffed, not believing that Chanyeol's power had something to do with his own.

"It's true," their friend said. "Just like Kyungsoo got the strength from Yifan, Chanyeol got the fire but if he would've gotten all from Yifan, his power probably would be wind or something."

"I'm more than confused," Yifan confessed and Junmyeon nodded. "I get the dragon and fire part but not I don't get the other thing."

"They're opposites."

Silence ensured after Yixing had spoken.

"Water and fire are opposites," the medic said, breaking the silence again. "Plus, Chanyeol's power closes the circle your family has. He's the opposite of water and ice, Jongdae's lightings can create fire, so he's his supporting power as well. Both, Baekhyun and Chanyeol can light up the darkness and fire is powerful and strong, like Kyungsoo and Yifan."

Junmyeon sighed loudly. "This is too much for me," he said. "Why is this all so complicated?"

"Well, if you would've married me instead of Yifan, it wouldn't be complicated right now."

"Zhang Yixing," Yifan said, creating a clicking sound with his tongue.

"Just kidding," Yixing laughed. "But I mean it if I say that you should be happy with his power."

"But, it's not going to be easy."

"Fore sure not," the medic agreed. "He needs your full support while learning to control this power."

"But how can I help him with that. I can't even touch him when his body is on fire, only Yifan can."

"Minseok can, too."

"What? Didn't you just say that he and I are his opposites?"

"Yeah, but they both have a similar power as well. While Chanyeol can heat his body from the inside, Minseok can cool his body down. That makes it possible for him to touch Chanyeol as well, in case he has to be calmed down."

Yifan sighed. "Okay, is there anything else we should know?"

Yixing hummed. "Uhm, he won't feel hot in summer and not cold in summer, his body is used to heat and will heat itself up once he feels cold. Fevers could be a problem in future but we'll see then. Otherwise I think you just have to be as cautious as you are with Jongdae right now. It can happen that Yeol sneezes and flames escape him."

"We should install fire alarms," Yifan mumbled.

"Definitely," both, Yixing and Myeon said at the same time.

"Alright, Xing. Thank you for your advice."

"You're welcome," the man said. "I'd like to take a look at Chanyeol soon to check up on him."

"Okay," Myeon said. "We'll drop by next week."

"Alright. See you. Bye."

"Bye."

The parents let out deep sighs after Yixing had hang up. Yifan placed the phone put the phone away and ran a hand through his hair. "Fire," he laughed. "I didn't know what I expected but not fire."

Junmyeon nodded. "Yeah, me neither."

"But, let's not worry too much," the taller said, giving his husband a smile. "We're going to make it. I mean, we are quite good at keeping Jongdae calm, we'll make it with Yeol, too."

"Yes," returning the smile, Myeon let his head fall against his husband's chest. "I really panicked."

"Me too," Yifan said and wrapped his arms around the smaller. He pulled him close and set a kiss to the top of his head. "Let's install the fire alarms tomorrow."

Junmyeon nodded, sighing when all kids called out for them. "What is it?!" He asked, lifting his head when Jongdae came run into the kitchen.

"Appa, Daddy!" He squeaked, jumping up and down. "Yeollie sneezed and the tablecloth is burning now."

Rushing to the dining room, Junmyeon extinguished the small fire on the table. Chanyeol looked at his parents with wide open eyes. "Yeollie sorry."

"Ah, it's okay baby," Myeon said, smiling. "You can't help it."

"Is Yeol's power fire?" Minseok asked.

"Yes," Yifan said. "We have to be very careful from now on. Try not to upset Yeol as long as he can't control his power, okay?"

All boy's nodded. Junmyeon smiled as he looked into the round but as soon as his eyes met Baekhyun, his smile was replaced by a frown. "Baek, what happened to your hair?"

Grinning, Baek touched his burned bangs. "It might be my fault that Yeollie had to sneeze."

Both parents just sighed at their son's comment and didn’t say anything to it.

“Will Yeollie’s hair stay red?” Kyungsoo asked, looking from his little brother over to his parents.

“Yes,” Yifan said, nodding. “It’ll stay red. Don’t you think it’s pretty?”

“I think Yeollie looks like a fire truck,” Jongdae laughed, imitating the sound of a fire truck. Baekhyun joined in, howling along until Chanyeol cried out.

“Oh, no, no, no,” Junmyeon panicked. “Yeol, it’s okay. Don’t cry. Please don’t cry.”

The children were quick to leave the room as Chanyeol’s fiery red locks turned into actual flames for the second day that evening.