Reunions and New Opportunities.

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grace’s POV

When I first arrived at the company I was informed that I was to work on the choreography for Red Velvet’s comeback, the manager gave me the tracks, as well as a big talking to about Red Velvet’s ‘signature’ style, and told me to come up with something as soon as possible. Also, apparently the company wanted me to do a photoshoot for my profile on their official website, announcing me as an artist under their company officially.

The morning dragged on as I posed for a seemingly endless number of photos, by the time it was over I was exhausted. I bowed politely to all of the staff and said my thankyou’s before leaving, and heading straight to the practice room, to de stress. Dancing has always been my way to relax after a long day, creating choreography is my passion, and I truly believe that so much can be conveyed through a dance. Right now, the only thing I knew was that I needed to unwind for a bit.

 To be honest I’d never felt that comfortable being behind the camera in this sense. I know crazy right, I’m a YouTuber, who feels uncomfortable being behind a camera, oh well stranger things have happened. I guess I’ve just never felt comfortable putting on an act for people. When I’m filming for my channel I can be myself, well at least to an extent. I still haven’t announced my uality to the world, but that is something I have no intention of doing any time soon. I’m so glad I never ended up becoming an idol, the lack of privacy and expectations planted on them is something I could never deal with. I’m am more than content with the contract I have now, I still have the freedom to do what I want with my channel, and the possibility of branching it out into new territories and in return I have to do a few photoshoots now and then. But the one thing I really love is the chance I have to show the K-pop community what I can do in the form of my choreography, which is what I’ve wanted since I first started dancing. I know my brother would’ve have been happy to know I was no longer just blindly following my father. Mitchell sacrificed so much, so that I could have what I wanted in life, and I have no intention of letting him down.

I have some awesome ideas for future projects for my channel that I want to take up with SM in the future, I can’t wait to use this opportunity to the fullest, I’m also super excited to be closer to Krystal and Rose, as well as Jessica of course, I am so relieved we patched everything up, I needed her back in my life. I feel like everything is looking up for me at the moment.

 As I come into the empty practice room I look around with a content smile before plugging in my phone and playing some music. I sit on the floor a I feel the bass from the song vibrate through the ground, ideas springing into my head before I start to dance. Finally in my comfort zone, I add different moves, and envision myself dancing the choreography alongside other dancers, the grin spreads across my face as my moves quicken, the beat picks up. I play the song again, going through the choreography, honing my technique and changing different segments as I finally start to see a finished routine. I don’t notice the door open as I continue to dance right through to the end of the routine.

When I stop for a moment to catch my breath, I hear an applause and I turn to the door to find Irene and Seulgi from Red Velvet standing there grinning.

Scratching the back of my neck slightly I greet them.

“Hey, sorry I didn’t hear you both come in. I get kinda carried away when the music is on. Were you looking for me?” I say as I smile shyly.

“We actually were looking for you Gayoung-ssi.” Irene says with a light bow.

“Grace unnie is fine, no need to be so formal around me, I grew up in the States and Australia, it is taking a lot to get used to all the formality.”

“Okay then Grace unnie.” Seulgi says with a cute eye smile, and I grin in return.

“Anyway what can I do for you?”

“We just heard that you will be working with us for our comeback, and we wanted to say we are looking forward to it. We are actually fans of your choreography and we can’t wait to see what you come up with.” Seulgi replies.

“I’m a big fan of you girls as well, I love your unique choreographies. I just hope I can live up to your unique style.”

“You are so creative with your choreographies though, I absolutely love the one you were just doing, what is it for?” Irene says curiously.

“Oh that? Hmm well I guess I will upload it on my channel, I just need to find someone to dance it with me, I feel like it will look more effective with a couple more dancers.” I say before looking at the two with a grin. “Would you be interested in learning it and then appearing in my video?”

“Of course we would right Irene unnie? We are free all afternoon.” Seulgi says excitedly.

“Alright then let’s do this.” I say with a smile.

…………………………

The girls pick up the short choreography very quickly, both living up to their positions as the dance line of Red Velvet. We take a quick break before recording the video.

 

Afterwards we relax together chatting, I ask them if they had anything they wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter