Can't Wait.

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grace’s POV

The next morning, I wake up with a groan, rolling over to look at the gently snoring woman beside me. I watch her for a moment as a sudden thought crossing my mind, one very much the same as the night before. I gently her hair out of her eyes before stretching and moving to get out of bed a sudden urge to do something taking hold of me.

“Where are you going?” Comes the protest from beside me.

“I’m gonna go make us some breakfast. Go back to sleep beautiful.” I reply as I lean forwards to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.

“Mmm ‘kay.” She hums.

“Love you.”

“Mmhmm love you too.” She replies sleepily before cuddling into her pillow.

I grin slightly before grabbing my phone from the bedside table and gently closing the bedroom door behind me.

I quickly dial Yuri’s number on my phone excited to talk to her. When she picks up I am greeted by a very unenthusiastic reply.

“What the hell Grace, do you know what time it is here?”

“Oops sorry, I completely forgot, I just had this sudden urge to do something and I wanted to talk to someone about it.” I reply with a grin. “You should feel honoured it was you I called.”

“Maybe I’d feel more honoured to hear about your ‘sudden urges’ if it wasn’t 2 in the morning pabo.” She continues grumbling about how early it is but I cut in, interrupting her.

“I wanna marry Jessi.” I say unable to hide my grin as I throw myself on the couch in the living room. I can imagine the shock on Yuri’s face, as I lie back stretching out.

“Wow, I mean that’s awesome dude, what brought this on all of a sudden?”

“You mean aside from me being in love with her for over 10 years.” I retort with a chuckle, my eyebrows raised as I imagine Yuri’s sarcastic eye roll.

“Well yeah, like how did you come to this decision at this exact moment?”

“I don’t know? I guess the last week I’ve really had time to just spend with her, not necessarily doing much of anything just relaxing and spending time together. So, I realised that I could quite literally do nothing but cuddle up to her on the couch for the rest of my life and I would be the happiest person alive. And then there were these moments yesterday on the plane and just after we got home, where I was just watching her sleeping, she’ll say I was being a creep, but it was literally the most content and at peace I’ve been in years. It was like all of a sudden I just couldn’t wait to start the rest of our life together, like every part of me is just aching for me to take the next step towards making that happen.” I say dreamily.

“That’s really awesome Gracie, I’m happy for you guys.”

“You know you shouldn’t get so happy yet, she could always say no.” I chuckle.

“You are even more of an idiot than I originally thought if you honestly think she will say no.” Yuri replies and I laugh happily. “So, when are you gonna make this happen?”

“I’m gonna do it at our beach.”

“The one you took her to on your first official date?”

“Nope.” I reply, “The original beach, here just near our childhood homes, it holds so many memories for us.”

“Sounds good. Have you got a ring or anything?”

“Nope, when I said it was a sudden urge I wasn’t kidding. I literally called as soon as the idea popped into my head this morning” I laugh happily.

“Right well, regardless of my complaining earlier I’m glad you called me.”

“Of course, I mean we are sisters, right?”

“Hell yeah we are. I’m just surprised you didn’t call Krystal or Jake.”

“Nah I wanted to talk to you. I’ll probably call Krystal later.”

“Word of advice?”

“Yeah?”

“Probably wait until quite a bit later to call Krystal.”

“Oh believe me I know, wouldn’t want to incur the wrath of an ice princess after she’s been woken at 2 in the morning.”

“Exactly. Maybe you have more brains then I give you credit for.”

“Right well, I’m gonna go and let you get some sleep.” I finish.

“How kind of you.” Yuri replies, voice laced with sarcasm.

“See ya Yul. I’ll text you later.”

“Yeah catch ya Gracie.” She finishes with a yawn hanging up and leaving me grinning to myself before finally heading to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Jessica’s POV

I wake up to find grace no longer beside me. I look to the side confused for a moment before vaguely remembering something about breakfast. I lay around for a few more minutes before finally dragging myself out of bed and heading to the door. As soon as I am through the door the scent of pancakes hits me and I make my way down to the kitchen. A smile creeps to my lips at the scene that greets me.

Grace is standing at the stovetop, humming along to the music she has playing, while gently swaying her hips to the beat. I quietly take a seat at the benchtop, resting my chin in my hands as I sit back and observe my dorky girlfriend as she cooks us breakfast.

“Stop staring you creep.” I laugh lightly as Grace turns around with a cheeky grin.

“Like you can talk, you’re the real creep in this relationship.”

“We are perfect for each other.” She replies, tacking on a dreamy sigh for effect and I just laugh at her as she makes her way over to me. “Good morning beautiful.” She adds before leaning in and kissing me sweetly.

“Good Morning babe.” I reply as she pulls away, before leaning in and capturing her lips again. She sighs as we finally pull apart.

“It most definitely is a good morning.” She grins with a nod of approval.

“Your pancakes are burning dork.” I reply rolling my eyes.

“Mmhmm and who’s fault is that?” She replies raising her eyebrows as she heads back to the stove.

“The idiot with an attention span of a goldfish.”

“Well forgive me for thinking greeting my beautiful girlfriend in the morning is more important than food.”

“At least you have your priorities straight.” I grin, and she laughs scraping the burnt pancake into the bin befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter