Family Time

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grace’s POV

After finally arriving home from our shopping trip, Jessi and I head upstairs to get changed for the barbecue. Jessi turns around to face me as I tie my flannel around my waist and grab my fedora from my desk.

“You look great babe.” She says with an appreciative nod.

“I look the same as I always do though?” I reply with a chuckle. “I thought you didn’t like my excessive number of flannel shirts and ripped jeans?”

“I’m learning to appreciate them, besides those jeans fit you way too well.” She replies grinning as she looks me up and down.

“Is that your round a bout way of saying you like my ?” I tease.

“Mmhmm. You do have a nice babe.”

“Who was the e in this relationship again?”

“I’m just stating the truth.”

“Thanks, but I can’t even hold a candle to you. You look absolutely stunning.” I reply sincerely as I sit down on the edge of the bed taking in Jessica’s appearance. She’s wearing a simple summer dress with a thin brown leather belt around her waist, her loose brown curls falling over her shoulder perfectly. “But then again you always look amazing.”

“I try.” She replies with a sassy hair flip, making her way over to stand in front of me.

I gently reach up and rest my hands on her waist as she leans forward to wrap her arms around my neck. Her forehead resting against mine and a serene smile gracing her lips.

“Hi.” She says.

“Hey gorgeous.” I answer smiling, leaning in to kiss her. It quickly turns heated as she leans into me pushing me back against the bed and straddling me.

I quickly turn the tables rolling us over and pinning her to the bed with a smug grin before capturing her lips once more. Her hands quickly find their way to the back pockets of my jeans, and she gives a light squeeze causing me to chuckle into the kiss. Just as we start to get carried away her phone starts ringing beside us and she groans as I pull away looking at the caller id.

“As much as I’d like to ignore that and continue babe, it’s your mum so you should probably answer.” I sigh pecking her on the lips before moving off of her and sitting in the middle of the bed.

She sits on the edge and answers the phone.

“Hi Omma.”

I pull away to the other side of the bed while Jessi and her mum talk reaching into my bedside table to take out the bag I had hidden there earlier. I make my way back to Jessi and pull her to sit between my legs, her back to my front as I wrap my arms around her and place a gentle kiss on her shoulder before leaning my chin on her shoulder.

I chuckle at Jessi’s exasperated voice as she answers her mum.

“No, you weren’t interrupting anything. I’m not in a bad mood.” Jessica answers as she plays with my fingers that are resting on her stomach.

I can vaguely make out Jessi’s Mum’s voice through the phone and I can’t help but laugh lightly.

“Yeah, we are just about to leave, we’ll be there soon.” She replies leaning back into my embrace. “I love you too Omma. Bye.” She adds before hanging up with a sigh.

“Everything okay?” I ask.

“Mmhmm she just wanted to know when we were getting there.” She nods and I place another kiss on her shoulder. “So, we should probably head off before she really starts nagging.” She adds before moving to pull away.

I pull her back into my embrace and she gives me a questioning look.

“Turn back around, I have something for you.”

She does like I asked and I reach over to take the necklace I had bought earlier out of its box. I gently brush her hair aside as I put it on for her. Once the necklace is secure I go back to my original position wrapping my arms around her stomach, tracing small circles with my thumb as she lifts the necklace to look at it.

“It’s beautiful Gracie. What’s the occasion?” She says and I can make out the smile on her face as she continues to roll the charms between her fingers.

“Do I need to have an occasion to spoil my gorgeous girlfriend?”

“No, I suppose not.” She chuckles. “I have something for you as well, but you can wait till we get back tonight.”

“I like the sound of that.” I reply grinning. She just pushes my shoulder with a roll of her eyes as she stands up.

“e.” She scoffs before leaning forward and giving me a gentle kiss. “Thank you though I love it.”

“I love you.”

“Love you too.” She answers again as she pecks my lips once more before pulling back. “We should probably get going before Mum calls again.”

“Sounds good.” I reply pulling myself of the bed and taking Jessica’s hand in mine.

…………………………………………………………………

Upon arriving at Jake’s family home we are greeted by the whole gang, much like it used to be when we used to have family get togethers back when we were kids. Jessi’s parents wrap me and Jessi up in a huge hug and then I am almost crushed by Jake as soon as they let go.

“OMG get off of me, I swear you weigh more every time I see you, I can’t breathe dork.” I yell laughing, but he just ruffles my hair with a laugh before letting go. I spot a familiar looking woman out of the corner of my eye and send a teasing grin Jake’s way. “So I see you finally got the girl then?” I ask and he shrugs with a grin.

“I’m gonna go say hello then, I haven’t seen Haylee in forever.” I add in, “Come on babe I’ll introduce you.”

Jessica and Jake follow me over, and I am quick to strike up an easy conversation with the fellow dancer.

“Hey Grace what do you say to coming to help out with the class tomorrow night? I’m sure the students would love it, plus you Jake and I haven’t danced together for such a long time.”

I turn to Jessica to check her opinion, “What do you think babe, would that be okay?”

“Yeah of course, I was thinking I wanted to spend some time with my parents anyway.”

“Awesome, that works out perfectly then.” I repl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter