Surprise Date

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

So here I am sitting in the car next to Grace as she hums to herself happily while driving us to god knows where. Honestly this girl is just unpredictable, but I suppose some things never really change. She always liked surprises, whether it was surprising me or Jake or her brother or Krystal, she always had an obsession with leaving us all completely clueless while she pulled off some ridiculous surprises. I really have no idea where she is taking me, but the grin on her face has me beyond excited, I haven’t seen her smiling like that for so many years.

“What are you thinking about Jessi?” Grace asks with a small smile gracing her beautiful face, taking a moment to look over at me before turning back to the road.

“You.” I answer trying to gage her reaction, I can’t help but grin as her smile widens noticeably.

“I what have I possibly done to occupy the great Jessica Jung’s thought.” She asks as she grins cheekily.

“Oh, I don’t maybe it has something to do with you dragging me out of Seoul without telling me where we are going. Seriously where are you taking me? We’ve been driving for hours and I am exhausted.” I answer sarcastically.

“Just wait a bit more beautiful, we are almost there. I promise you will like it.” She answers, still unwilling to fill me in.

“I better! I could be sleeping right now.” I grumble only half serious.

Grace just chuckles happily. “Don’t worry princess, there’ll be plenty of time for sleep later.” She adds as she looks around searching for the turn she needs to take.

…………………………………

By the time the car pulls over the sun is almost ready to go down. Grace comes running excitedly to my side of the car as she opens the door, and takes my hand as I get out looking at her curiously. She drags me down a seemingly deserted path, excitedly pulling me after her as she smiles brightly.

“Is this the part where you murder me?” I ask sarcastically as I look around us.

“Just stop your complaining and have some patience will you.” She says as she turns to me and playfully glares at me before turning back to the front. I hear her mumbling something under her breath as she looks around before pulling me forward once more.

I gasp in admiration as she drags me through a clearing and onto a small deserted beach, not another person in sight.

“Come on.” She says gently as she leads me onto the beach.

She pulls a blanket out from her bag before laying it on the beach and sitting down gesturing for me to sit with her.

I sit in front of her, leaning into her chest as she wraps her arms around my waist leaning her chin on my shoulder.

We sit in silence, Grace’s gentle breathing on my neck as the two of us watch the sunset from the beach. Memories flood through my mind as I picture the first time I’d kissed her. It was on a beach in San Francisco, one that we both frequented. We spent time there during the day, but it was the night time and the sunset’s we watched there that really meant the most to us. Whenever one of us had something to get off our chest or were upset or happy it was where we would go. We’d sit there for hours just talking, spending time together and I can honestly say that beach is still one of my favourite places to this very day. I continue to smile gently as I watch the sun dip below the horizon.

“You know, I always told myself that the moment I finally told you how I felt would be on that beach.” Grace says as she gently runs her thumb over the back of my hand, chin still resting on my shoulder. “And then when I moved here I was determined to find someplace that was similar. So that when I finally could call you mine I’d take you there and hold you in my arms just like we are now.” She says with a smile as I slowly turn to face her.

“It’s really beautiful here Gracie.” I answer.

“I’m glad, maybe this could be our secret beach just like the one back home.”

“It could but it’s a long drive.” I add teasing her slightly.

“Mmm well maybe it is, but I can assure you there isn’t anywhere else like it close by. Besides a long drive is well worth it to see you smiling like you are now.” She places a small kiss on my shoulder as she pulls me even closer shivering slightly from the wind.

“Who would’ve known that you are such a romantic.” I reply quietly.

“You bring out the best in me.” She adds cheekily still shaking lightly.

“You’re shaking aren’t you cold?”

“Maybe a little.”

“You really didn’t think this whole late night escape to the beach through, did you?” I say with a chuckle as she tightens her grip on my waist snuggling closer into my back.

“Hmm maybe not, but I just wanted to watch the sunset with you like we used to. Besides I wanted to take you on a date, a proper date, because you deserve the best and I know that we can’t really date in the open, so to me this was the best idea I could come up with.”

“I love you Gracie.” I say as I lean in and capture her lips with mine effectively shutting her up. After a moment, I pull away and look her in the eyes. “I don’t care if we have to hide our relationship in public, because I know that I will always have you by my side no matter what and as long as you are next to me, then I don’t need anything else. I don’t need fancy dates or big gestures, just you.”

I watch Grace as her face lights up and she smiles the most beautiful smile, eyes shining brightly. “I love you too Jessi, so freaking much.” She says and she leans in kissing me again. I pull away as I feel her shiver once more. Looking at her with my eyebrow slightly raised.

“As much as I would love to stay here and keep kissing you, it’s freezing outside and I’m starving.” I say with a small grin.

“Come on, I already have something planned.” She says as she jumps up pulling me with her, grinning every second.

“Of course you do.” I say rolling my eyes lovingly as I follow her back to her car.

…………………………………………………

Grace drives us to a restaurant nearby grinning happily the whole way. When she pulls up she opens the car door for me and helps me out of the car before leading me inside.

Inside we are greeted by a young waiter, who looks at us momentarily with his eyes wide before Grace clears lightly.

“I believe my friend Kim Jaekhyun organised something for me.” She says with a light smile.

“Ahh yes of course right this way Miss Park, we have a private table out the back for you.” He says with a bow before leading us through to the back of the restaurant.

The two of us sit down in the booth as the waiter brings back our menus.

“Umm excuse me.” He says stuttering slightly as the both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter