Dinner

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grace’s POV

I chuckle to myself lightly as I walk to the door and open it to be greeted by the grinning faces of the Red Velvet members.

“Hey unnie.” They say in unison, as Yeri launches herself at me for a hug.

“Hey girls, it’s good to see you. Come on in, the others aren’t here yet but make yourself at home.” I reply as I show them into the living area.

“Woah, your apartment is massive.” Joy says as they all walk in following me.

“Yeah it’s a bit excessive for one don’t you think?” I reply throwing myself onto the couch. “Lucky I don’t really notice how empty it is since Jessi and the girls spend that much time around here anyway.” I add with a smile.

“Jessica unnie seems happier since you moved here Gracie unnie.” Irene says with a soft smile and I grin in reply.

I chuckle lightly, “Speaking of Jessi, she should be out any second now. She just woke up from her nap.” I add with a fond smile.

True to my word a few moments later Jessica drags herself out of my room, sending a quick death glare my way before sitting on the couch next to me and greeting the Red Velvet girls.

I just chuckle happily at her reaction causing her to turn to face me.

“I hate you Park Gayoung.” She says a serious look on her face.

“Now, now babe don’t you think that is just a tad excessive.” I tease and she just continues to glare at me.

“Woah unnie, what exactly did you do to evoke the ice princess’s wrath?” Seulgi asks curiously causing me to laugh again.

“I woke her up.” I say simply which causes the glare to intensify. “Poor Jessi is a bit frustrated with me.” I add putting the emphasis on the frustrated part, which causes Jessi to punch my shoulder.

The doorbell rings and I then hear the numbers being punched into the keypad and I turn back to Jessica with a teasing smile.

“The doorbell always seems to ring at the perfect moments doesn’t it babe.” I say with a wink.

“I’m going to kill you in your sleep tonight if you don’t shut up right now Park Gayoung.” She answers and the Red Velvet girls look at us slightly lost.

“GRACIE!!” I hear the scream from the hallway as Yuri comes running towards me, before throwing herself on top of me on the couch.

“Jeez, someone is in a good mood.” I say with a teasing grin. “That wouldn’t have anything to do with what I saw the other day would it?”

“Shut up Grace.” Yuri replies trying to hide the blush on her cheeks as the others walk into the lounge room.

“Everyone has it out for you today unnie.” Wendy says with a grin.

“Heh, yeah but’s probably my own fault.” I say, grinning ear to ear, pleased with myself. “Anyway, Yul and I’s show is starting soon, you guys can watch that while Yul and I go get dinner ready. Come on dork.” I add as I pull Yuri with me off the couch toward the kitchen.

In the kitchen I look at Yuri with a grin as I go to the fridge to start getting stuff ready for dinner.

“So, how’s things with Yoona?” I ask with a smile.

“Good, really good.” She replies, a lovesick expression on her face.

“What did I tell you?” I ask, my eyebrows raised.

“You were right.” She admits and I grin happily.

“I know, I’m pretty amazing.” I add in jokingly as I busy myself with preparing dinner, while listening to the opening song of our show playing throughout the house.

“All jokes aside, you really are. Yoona said you really helped her out, so thanks for that. It really means a lot.” Yuri answers seriously and I just smile, squeezing her shoulder gently.

“Don’t worry about it. You girls have become family to me. I’d do anything for you dorks, so don’t you forget it.” I reply honestly. “I’m just glad to see you both happy.”

“Thanks, the same goes for you too Gracie, we are family.” She answers and I smile happily.

“Of course, now let’s get moving, there is a whole lot of hungry mouths out in that living room to feed.”

Jessica’s POV

I look over my shoulder towards the kitchen where Grace and Yuri’s voices can slightly be heard. I can’t help but smile at how close they have become since Grace first moved here. The two of them clicked instantly, especially with how similar they are personality wise. I turn my head back towards the TV as I hear the opening song of their show start playing, their familiar faces appearing on screen stuffing around together like usual before disappearing and the choreography video of them and the BlackPink girls that everyone has been waiting for pops up on screen.

(Imagine Rose dances lead, Grace has the cap, Yuri with the beanie and the white stripe on her shirt, Lisa short hair, Jennie with the other beanie and Jisoo with the Nike leggings.)

After the performance is over the girls in the room all clap happily and the show cuts to the new episode. Grace, Yuri and Minjun all appear on screen, dancing a new choreography to start the episode.

The BTS members join them soon after they finish. They are quick to jump into some basic introductions, the boys explaining when and why they started dancing before Yuri kicks off some games that leave everyone looking like total idiots, with Jimin and Grace coming out as the winners leaving them to have a dance battle to determine who will lead the main dance. With the main camera director chosen to decide the winner the music begins.

Jimin is the first to dance, quickly falling into the freestyle dance as if it was rehearsed as Dancing King by EXO plays.

Everyone watching cheers as he finishes and he jokingly takes a bow in front of Grace who just waves him off as her music plays, Player by Tinashe blasting through the speakers.

I watch in awe as she begins to move, her gaze at the camera completely capturing me and I am unable to look away. The girls next to me wolf whistle at the TV, and Hyoyeon yells something out to her in the kitchen that I don’t quite catch, much to focussed on the screen in front of me.

After she finishes dancing some jokes are made about the boys drooling and a shot of the camera director watching her with his jaw on the floor is shown as if to make it obvious who he chose as winner. He is quick to confirm this decision and Grace smirks lightly before bowing in front of Jimin much the same as he had done earlier. Jimin just cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter