Perfect Moment

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

Sure enough the next day after spending our last afternoon in San Francisco lazing around together watching movies Grace jumps up off of the couch with a grin.

“Alright gorgeous get up and go get changed I am taking you out tonight.” She says with a grin.

I laugh at her as she excitedly pulls me off of the couch.

“Babe, what the hell, chill out will you.” I laugh as she grins happily at me before winking at me and rushing off to our room leaving me behind.

I chuckle as my phone signals I got a text message, and look down to see a message from Tiff with a photo of all the girls together.

FROM: Tiff

Hanging out with the girls today! Miss you guys :P

I quickly send a reply before following Grace upstairs.

TO: Tiff

Going out tonight, she is definitely planning something, she’s bouncing around like an excited puppy. Miss you guys too, I’ll text you later.

My phone signals the reply as I walk into our room.

FROM: Tiff

Have fun then 😉

I laugh as I look up to see Grace poking her head out of the bathroom.

“The girls are all hanging out today, they say hi.” I say as I head over to the wardrobe to find something to wear.

“I’m looking forward to seeing them again.” She replies with a grin before ducking back into the bathroom.

“So, what am I wearing?”

“You always look amazing, so whatever you like.” She says as she walks out, wearing a pair of ripped white skinny jeans, a black band muscle shirt and the new red leather jacket I bought her. I look her over with a nod of approval.

“You look good babe.” I say gently pecking her on the lips. “Whoever bought that jacket had good taste.” I tease.

“Yeah, this beautiful woman bought it for me, she’s gonna be a super successful fashion designer one day, and I am head over heels in love with her. Sound familiar?” She answers grinning.

“Cheesy.” I reply with a chuckle as I grab some jeans of my own and a nice blouse before getting changed.

………………………………………….

Twenty minutes later we find ourselves in her dad’s old mustang driving down familiar streets from our childhood.

“So are you gonna tell me where we are going?”

“You’ll know it when we get there babe.” She says with a smile reaching one of her hands over to hold mine in my lap.

Sure enough as soon as we pull into a very familiar parking lot, I can’t help the smile that takes over my face as I look over at the café that we used to frequent when we were in high school.

“God this brings back memories.” I reply with a sigh.

“Doesn’t it.” Grace replies with a smile. “Apparently Lily’s family still owns it.”

“Oh, wow I haven’t seen her since high school.” I watch as Grace jumps out of the car and makes her way to my door with a smile opening it for me.

“Me either, she ended up going into law, last I heard she was at Harvard.” Grace replies as she takes my hand with a smile.

“Has much changed in here?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t been back since the last time we went together either.” She answers with a small smile. “It was one of the things we always did together, so it wouldn’t have been the same.” She adds as she leads me through the front door of the familiar restaurant.

As soon as we enter the familiar lady from behind the counter looks up her eyes going wide as she sees us.

“Gracie? Jessi? Is that you girls?” She says looking surprised.

“Hey auntie.” Grace says with a grin. “Long time no see.”

“Wow look at you two, I hear you guys have been causing quite a stir over in Korea. Things haven’t changed at all have they? Gracie was always pulling you into some sort of trouble Jessi.”

I laugh happily remembering how true that statement was.

“Yeah nothing has really changed that much.” I reply chuckling. “She still has a knack for finding trouble and driving me crazy.”

“It’s good to see you two still together.” She adds as she walks with over to the same booth we always used to sit at.

“You do know we weren’t together back then right Auntie?” Grace adds in as she slips into the booth beside me.

“Oh, please the only two people who thought you weren’t together were the two of you. Everyone around here just assumed you were dating.” She replies rolling her eyes.

Grace starts laughing happily at this and I can’t hep but grin as well.

“I assume you guys will just have the usual then?” She asks and I look at Grace who nods happily and Lily’s mum heads back to the kitchen.

“I can’t believe she still remembers our order.” I chuckle as Grace wraps her arm around me with a grin.

“I’m honestly not surprised.” She replies, “we almost spent as much time here as we did at the beach.”

“That’s true.” I think back to the beach that neither of us have been back since the day I first kissed her, and find myself longing to return.

We spend the next hour or so just talking about the past, and all the trouble Grace used to get into at school despite being at the top of her classes. We talk about anything and everything, conversation always having come easily to us, and before I know it Grace is pulling me to leave.

We say a quick goodbye to Lily’s Mum with promises to come back the next time we are in town before heading back out to the car.

I notice as we get into the car Grace starts getting anxious and jumpy again. She is drumming her fingers impatiently on the steering wheel, and concentrating much to hard on the road. When I ask if she is okay she quickly brushes it off and sends a bright smile my way, before going backing to tapping at the steering wheel. I am just about to say something to her again when we pull up to a familiar beach. Grace smiles at me as she parks the car and brings my hand to her lips placing a kiss on the back of it before opening the door and jumping out, offering me her hand as she stops near my door.

The two of us walk in silence down the beach in the dark, the only light coming from the city behind us. As usual we find ourselves sitting together on the sand at a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter