Life Goes On

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grace’s POV

After returning to Korea everything goes back to normal. On the nights that Jessi doesn’t have late or early schedules she stays with me, the two of us spending as much time as possible together. With Yuri and I have spent the last few days working on choreography for the opening of our show and things are shaping up nicely. This afternoon we have another meeting with the producers where they will be announcing our first guests and from there we will go to film the opening theme.

I quickly roll out of bed and get ready for the day, sending Jessi a quick message since knowing her she is definitely still asleep after getting home so late last night. As I am getting dressed my phone starts ringing so I quickly answer it holding it between my ear and shoulder as I almost fall over while trying to pull on my skinny jeans.

“Hello?” I say as I regain my balance.

“Jeez Gracie what the hell are you doing?” I hear Krystal laughing on the other end of the call.

“Well I’m attempting to get dressed while talking to you, but apparently, I’m not that great at multitasking. Anyway, what’s up?” I reply chuckling.

“You are a dork unnie.”

“Tell me something I don’t already know.” I reply rolling my eyes.

“Idiot, anyway what are you up to right now? I have the morning free and I was thinking we could catch up.”

“I’m free for a few hours. I have a meeting with the producers of our new show at 11 and then from there I have a filming to go to. So, I am all yours until then, what did you have in mind?”

“You up for breakfast?”

“I’m always up for breakfast! I’ll pick you up in 30?”

“Sounds good to me, I’ll see you soon dork.” She replies as she hangs up still chuckling.

………………………………………………..

I meet Krystal at her dorm and the two of us head to a nearby café together. We quickly order before sitting down and chatting happily. Krystal is someone I’ve always found it easy to talk to and be myself around, never once has she judged me for anything, and I see her as my younger sister. She dishes her frustrations on the lack of promotions f(x) has had and how frustrated Amber especially is getting with the circumstances and I just listen intently.

“So how are you going with everything Gracie?”

“I’m okay.” I say with a small smile.

“You know it is okay to not be okay right Gracie? I’ve seen you at your worst, you can tell me if your struggling.”

“You know you’d be one of the first to know if I was struggling again Krys, but I’m honestly okay. I mean it it really does, but I’m dealing with it. Everyone has been so supportive, You, Jessi, Jake, Yul, Rosie, the rest of SNSD, heck even Red Velvet has been reassuring me. So even though it hurts I’m getting through it.” I reply honestly.

“That’s good to hear.”

“Mmm, I’m just glad dad and I got to make up before he passed, I don’t know how I would have been if I didn’t get to see him one last time.”

“So what are the plans with the money he left you? Are you gonna do it? I mean start your own company?” Krystal asks curiously.

“Eventually I mean of course I will, that was mine and Mitch’s dream after all I intend to make it happen. But for now, I am happy with the way things are. I have no reason to leave SM for the moment. I guess at least I have something to fall back on if anything happens.”

“Yeah, I mean if you start your own company you’ll have people rushing to sign with you like crazy, the girls from f(x) especially, considering how we are being treated at the moment. Plus, you’d have Jaekhyun’s family backing you if you needed it, no one would want to make an enemy of you.”

“I don’t intend to make any enemies, I just want to live my life for a while. Things with me and Jessi are amazing, Yuri and I are prepping for our new show and for once I feel like everything is going right for me despite everything I’ve lost over the last few years. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store.” I reply with a grin and Krystal smiles happily.

“That’s good to hear. So, do you know the first guest for the show yet?”

“Nah we find that out today.”

“Well I will be patiently waiting for the first episode then, you and Yuri are the perfect pair of dorks for something like that.”

“That’s pretty much what SM said, well apart from the dorks part.” I answer chuckling.

“He may not have said it, but I’m certain he was thinking it.” She adds teasingly.

“Gee thanks for that.”

“You know I love my dorky unnie.” She adds blowing me a kiss.

“Whatever princess.”

“Come on then Gracie, we better get back so you can pick up your partner in crime, so you can get to that meeting on time.”

“Oh yeah, kinda lost track of time.” I reply scratching my neck as Krystal pulls me out of my chair rolling her eyes.

“What would you do without out me unnie. Honestly.” She answers sarcastically.

I look at her with a grateful smile. “I think we both know well enough where I would be today without you.” I add with a sigh.

“Hey now no getting dark on me, we need you full of smiles, and back to your normal pabo self before your filming this afternoon, so wipe that frown off your face.” Krystal replies with a grin as she wraps her arm around my waist with a grin dragging me back to the car as I chuckle lightly.

…………………………………………….

After dropping off Krystal I pick up Yuri from the dorm.

“Gracie!” She says with a grin as she jumps in the car, “You look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter