Waking Up With You

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV

I wake up as I feel Grace shaking in her sleep, her grip on my waist tightening as she trembles lightly. Her breathing quickens and I struggle to turn over in her strong embrace. My heart hurts as I take in her tear stained face, and she mumbles under her breath as I gently her hair out of her face. She pulls herself closer to me hiding her face in my neck still fast asleep. I can feel my shoulder starting to moisten as she sobs lightly.

“Eomma..” She mumbles in between sobs and I have to strain my ears to hear her. “Eomma please don’t go… I need you… please.”

“Gracie wake up it’s just a dream.” I say as I try to stir her.

It takes a few more attempts before she jolts awake harshly, pulling away slightly as she sits up resting against the headboard, her head in her hands.

“Are you okay Gracie?” I ask gently as I lean closer and wrap my arm around her back her back in an attempt to calm her down.

“Mmm I’m okay. I’m used to it don’t worry Jessi.” She says as she turns to look at me with tired eyes.

“How can I not worry about you, Is this why you were out in the rain the night before?”

“I’ll be fine Jessi, the nightmares don’t happen as often anymore. It’s getting better I promise.”

“Fine but you better not be lying to me Park Gayoung. I’m here for you no matter what okay.” I say looking straight into her eyes.

I watch her turn her body to face me, a small but genuine smile playing at her lips as she reaches up to place her hand on my cheek.

“I don’t think you realise just how much you mean to me Jung Sooyeon.” She says gently my cheek, while I get lost completely in her beautiful eyes.

Just as I am about to reply to her I suddenly become aware of just how little space is currently between us and my heart begins racing in my chest.

I look away for a second trying to regain what’s left of my sanity at the thought of her so close to me, and when I look back she is still just watching me in silence, a sincere smile on her lips as she blinks slowly, long eyelashes drawing more of my attention to her gorgeous hazel eyes. She gently caresses my jaw again, inching slightly closer.

“Jessi.” She breathes out softly and I almost lose myself at the feel of her breath on my lips, and then she is kissing me, her lips on mine as soft as I remember. Once I recover from the shock of it all I kiss her back, our lips meshing together perfectly as I reach up running my hands through her long hair. I can feel her smile against my lips as she pulls me closer, her heart thumping loudly against my chest, arms wrapping tightly around my waist. After what feels like forever we pull apart, Gracie looking at me, eyes gentle and caring before leaning back in to place a gentle peck on my lips.

“You have no idea how long I have wanted to do that again.” She says as she pulls me into her embrace lying back on the bed with a content smile.

“Me too.” I reply enjoying the feeling of being wrapped in her arms.

My phone starts to ring loudly and I groan in protest as I get up and sit at the edge of the bed answering the phone.

“Jung Soojung this better be pretty bloody important.”

“Wow unnie somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.” Krystal answers and I can already picture her rolling her eyes.

“What do you want?” I say as I feel a pair of arms snake their way around my waist and light breaths tickling at my neck.

“I can’t believe you’ve forgotten about our plans this morning unnie, that really hurts.”

“ I’m sorry Krys I only just woke up, I’ll be there in a minute okay.”

“Sure but you better hurry otherwise I’m gonna hang out with Yuri unnie.”

“Jessi” I hear Grace whining lightly demanding attention as she back hugs me, head resting on my back comfortably.

“Holy is that Gracie unnie? Am I interrupting something? OMG I am aren’t I?! No wonder you were so grumpy, you have some explaining to do unnie…..” I hang up quickly ignoring my sisters questioning as I turn to face Grace.

“I’m sorry Gracie I gotta go, I promised to spend time with Krystal today.” I say as I gently remove myself from her arms as she smiles and watches me make my way to the door. I move to open her apartment door but before I ca turn the doorknob I feel myself being spun around and pressed to the door. Grace standing in front of me with a mischievous smirk.

“If you think I am going to let you run out on me again after one little kiss, you are seriously mistaken Jessi.” She says quickly leaning forwards and capturing my lips passionately once more before pulling away leaving me breathless and wanting more. She looks into my eyes with a small smile. “I’m not letting you run away from me again Jessi, I made that mistake once and I won’t make it again. I can’t lose you again.” She says sincerely as I see the vulnerability flash in her eyes.

“I’m not going anywhere Gracie I promise.” I say looking straight into her eyes. She smiles gently in return before opening the door for me.

“Have a good day beautiful.” She says smiling gently. My heart is still beating wildly in my chest as I turn around and head next door to find my sister.

……………………………………………………..

As I make my way into the dorm room I am greeted by a smirking Taeyeon and Yuri as well as my younger sister glaring at me.

“I can’t believe you hung up on me!” She yells. “You better hurry up and get ready you have some explaining to do unnie.” She says before storming off to another room leaving Tae and Yuri laughing on the couch.

“How was your night Sica?” Yuri asks grinning evilly.

“Shut up” I say grumbling.

“Did Krystal really interrupt something?” Tae adds smirking.

“Omo look at that blush!” Yuri says trying to hold back her laughter.

I quickly go to my room to get ready ignoring the two of them laughing hysterically. Once I am ready I drag my sister out of the house quickly as Yuri shouts after us;

“If you won’t talk I’ll make Gracie tell me!” As her and Tae high five victoriously.

…………………………………………………..

“So unnie... Start talking.” Krystal says looking over at me with her eyebrow raised expectantly once we sit down at our table in the café.

I sigh loudly before looking up at my sister. “She kissed me.” I say as I gage Krystal’s reaction.

“That’s it?” She says completely un surprised. “Seriously unnie by the way you were blushing earlier anyone would’ve thought you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter