New Routines and New Experiences.

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grace’s POV

I wake up extremely early on the morning of our MCountdown performance. I have never been on that kind of stage before and nervous doesn’t even begin to cover how I am feeling at this exact moment, so rather than lying around in bed and letting my nerves get to me, I decide to make my way to the company and work on Red Velvet’s comeback choreography. I figure if I can’t sleep I may as well be doing something worthwhile with my time.

I tiredly tie my hair up in a messy bun before throwing on some practice clothes and driving down to the company. I bow my head in respect to the numerous other staff members already present at the company before making my way to the practice rooms, throwing my bag in the corner and sitting on the ground to stretch as I listen to Red Velvet’s title track with a smile. Listening to the upbeat, catchy song I can’t help but feel excited about the choreography. ‘this is gonna be fun.’ I think with a grin, bobbing my head to the tune of Red Velvet’s signature style already picturing some wacky and wonderful dance moves to fit the song. I always love working on anything that is different from my usual style as it provides me with a chance to really challenge myself.

Plus, Red Velvet’s music always makes me remember when Jaekhyun first introduced the group to me back in dance class a year or so ago. That boy is a hopeless fanboy, and hasn’t stopped nagging me about introducing him to them, since the moment I first told him I was working with them. I actually really miss having that boy and his hilarious antics around all the time.

I listened to the other track from the album that they would be promoting and smiled in satisfaction at its complete 180 degree turn from the title track. I play the title track again, and start playing around with a few different sequences of moves, as I throw around a few different possibilities I realise that the choreography is going to be just as hyperactive as the song. I really hope those girls are ready for some intense practices, I think as I continue to swap and add different moves, trying out as many different possibilities as possible as I imagine the five girls performing it on stage.

I lose myself in the moves and the music like I have many times before, but I am brought back to reality by a knocking on the door, followed by a pair of monolid eyes peeking in from the slightly ajar door. I smile in response, catching my breath as I gesture for her to come in.

“Sorry to interrupt unnie, I heard our song and I wanted to check it out. You don’t mind, right?” She says as she walks over to me with a shy grin.

“Of course, I don’t mind.” I say with a smile. “What brings you here so early anyway Seulgi?”

“Early?” She replies looking at me confused, “It’s like 8:30 unnie, isn’t that a normal time to be here?”

“Oh well would you look at that, so it is.” I say looking at my watch. “Looks like I lost track of time again?” I scratch the back of my neck lightly and Seulgi grins in response eyes crinkling up cutely.

“Well the other members will be here any minute now, how’s the choreography coming along?” She asks and I smile at her.

“It’s going well, although I hope you girls are ready for some tough practices. The choreography is pretty full on so far, but I know you girls can pull it off, besides it’ll will look really good on stage.” I reply honestly.

“Good thing I like challenges then.” Seulgi replies with a determined grin.

“Haha yeah.” I reply chuckling as I grin at the eye smiling girl beside me.

 A few moments later the other members come in and I show them what I had come up with so far. They all responded enthusiastically, even though they recognised the intensity of the choreo immediately. We spent the next few hours working on the choreography, they threw in a few ideas here and there and I was confused when they seemed surprised that I actually took their suggestions into consideration. I replied that they should be given some say since they were the ones having to perform it. If there was one thing I have never understood about K-Pop it was the lack of input the artists had for their own music, but maybe that is just me.

By the time we had finished the six of us were laying on the ground catching our breaths completely exhausted, but feeling extremely happy with what we had achieved so far. We are all relaxing when Irene speaks up.

“So unnie are you looking forward to your performance tonight?” She asks as she sits up and turns to face me.

“Yes and no.” I say with a small smile, “I mean it’s a huge opportunity and I am really excited, but I’m more nervous then anything. I’ve never really experienced anything like that, you know I may appear to be confident and easy going, but it took me so long just to have the confidence to film myself for my YouTube channel, and this is just a whole new level.” I add running my hand through my hair with a sigh.

“It’s normal to be nervous, hell we were all freaking out before our debut, but it’ll pass, once you are on stage, everything you practiced will come to y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter