Escape

Nothing Has Changed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Grace’s POV

After two weeks of moving and braving the constant swarm of paparazzi out front, Jessica and I finally end up snuggling up on the couch of our new place. As expected there were mixed responses on Jessica, Tiffany, Tae and I’s coming out. While there was a lot of hate directed towards us, there was also a huge amount of support. Idols from many different companies, big and small stated their support. Huge names from all around the world were tweeting about us, the hashtags #jacie and #taeny trending worldwide. All in all, it went extremely well, despite the increased paparazzi activity following our every step, we were all comfortably moved into our new places and ready to face the next part of our lives. Tae and Tiffany had gone back to the States to visit her dad and escape the craziness that our lives have become since the reveal of our relationships. And I realise as I look over at the exhaustion clearly written on my beautiful girlfriend’s face that maybe they had the right idea.

“Jessi?” I say trying to get her attention. She just reaches up and places her hand over my mouth.

“Shh, baby, I’m trying to sleep here.”

“But babe.”

“No, I don’t care, now shh.” She replies snuggling into me. I roll my eyes lifting her up so she is looking directly at me, well glaring is probably more accurate but it doesn’t matter.

“Babe seriously, I have something to ask you.”

“Okay whatever but make it quick I’m tired.”

“You are such a princess.” I reply rolling my eyes.

“What was that?”

“Nothing I swear. Oww!! Why are you hitting me?” I yell as Jessica punches me. “God damn it babe just chill for a second will you.”

I wait for a second expecting to get hit again, but when it doesn’t happen I look up to meet Jessi’s eyes with a grin.

“Let’s go back to San Francisco for a break babe. I need to speak Donghyun anyway, and it will give us a good chance to get away from all this craziness for a while and spend some time together just the two us.” I say with a grin. “What do you think?”

“Sounds perfect.” She replies a serene smile gracing her beautiful features.

“Yeah?” I ask again.

“Yeah definitely.”

“Okay awesome, I’ll go organise our flights.” I say standing up excitedly. I am quickly pulled back down to the couch.

“Babe, sit your down and snuggle with me. I’m tired and I want to relax with my idiot kid of a girlfriend. We can organise flights in the morning.” Jessica sighs as she relaxes back into my side, and I give in, wrapping my arm around her shoulders, happily forgetting everything else to relax with my girl.

…………………………………………………….

A few days later Jessica and I find ourselves at the airport in the middle of the night in an attempt to sneak off without pesky paparazzi following our every move. Fortunately, we manage to board the plane without people recognising us and once we are seated, Jessica relaxes into my side with a sigh. I squeeze her hand gently and she smiles gently at me.

“I am really looking forward to spending the next week just the two of us.” I say happily.

“Me too babe. Me too.” Jessica replies, a look of pure content on her face as she tries to stifle a yawn.

“Go to sleep beautiful, get some rest. We’ll be away from everything before you know it.” I lean forward and plant a gentle kiss on the crown of her head and she closes her eyes.

I spend a big percentage of the flight just watching Jessica gently breathing as she sleeps on my shoulder, my ability to focus on anything else completely non-existent, when the most beautiful woman on the planet is asleep just next to me.

It is while I am watching my girlfriend looking what I can only imagine as completely lovesick, that the flight attendant approaches us and gently taps my shoulder.

“Sorry to disturb you, but would you like anything to drink or eat?” She asks with a small smile.

“No, I’m okay. Thankyou.” I reply smiling gratefully.

“No problem.” She answers but before she leaves she speaks up again. “Grace-ssi?”

I look at her in surprise and she chuckles lightly.

“Don’t look so worried, no one else has noticed.” She adds and I let out a sigh of relief. “I just wanted to say you two make a beautiful couple, as well as thank you for what you did. You and the girls standing up and admitting your relationships publicly was so brave, and was honestly such an inspiration. Because all of you openly voiced your opinion and support for the LGBTQ community, I was able to finally have the courage introduce my girlfriend to my parents. I think what you have done will have such a huge impact on not only the Music industry, but the whole of Korea.”

“Wow, that’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter