20

I am back


CHAPTER 20


"hello,it's been awhile,writer choi"he smirked choi who was at the time drinking a glass of water let it slip,and the glass fell on the ground,he started to trmble


"Lee-Lee Han-Soo?"he stuttered


"aigo,so you didn't forget,hi,old friend"


"w-w-what do you want?"he said in a nervous way


"i just need your help a little"


"what?! you said we would part ways,you sai you will leave me alone!"


"ahahah,omo well you know,i changed my mind,i need you,now more than back then"he said in a threatening way"...what do mean?"


"i have a problem,with the daughter of kang chul"writer choi think back at the time he talked with mo yeon"what problem?"


"she made a fool out of me,she stole important imformations about the experiment and the drugs!"


"she...did what?"he was shocked,never he could have imagined that she really would have been able to to such a thing"if i don't do something my image will be damaged,that's why i need you"


"i won't,i am not going to do anything for you again!"    


"mmm,if you don't i wonder what will happen to you and your family,she would know by now what you did,do you think she would let you  go so easily!"he then rememberd the words that mo yeon told him the first time that they met


"fine,remain silent,don't say anything,it's ok,because i will find the truth and wathever you are hiding and if you took part in the set up that ruined our life,i will come back and i will ruin you just like you and your pears did with us" she was so serious and full of rage, she was searching the truth and wanted venegance,for sure she is going to do what she said that time,he tought.


"if you want to keep on having your life,your money and a peaceful life,just help me,no help yourself and this country"


"..."


"i will wait for a positive answer,i will give you time till tonight"he closed the call.after that writer choi collapsed on the ground"sigh,kang chul, you must be proud of her for coming this far...still i must have to do the better choice for me...biane".




Meanwhile at the new house where si jin and mo yeon are.


"are you hungry?i made you something to eat,i will bring it here"


"wow,do you even know how to cook?"


"of course,when i was living with my mother i had to cook for the both of us because she was working"


"will this be good?"


"ya"she said while putting the plate on the little table used to eat on the bed"here" si jin looks at her "let's see how it taste "he tryed to move but the shoulder was hurting him


"ouch"


"o no,wait! don't move,i forgot you can't use that arm"she apologetically takes the spoon and take some porridge"here" si jin looked at her and smirked,visibly happy "this is a dream come true"


"what?"


"being feed by a beautiful woman,that by the way it's my girlfriend" mo yeon still couldn't forgive herself for hurting him and couldn't make any kind of joke"...eat"she smiled a little and si jin did what she asked and eat the porridge"mmm!this is good!"


"told you i am good at cooking" she said while taking another spoon of porridge,then si jin said "really,you will make a good wife" he said,thinking she would blush or just just sying something else,but instead she put the spoon down and with a sad smiled she said" what good wife material...when i made you become like this...if i knew something like this would happen i would have just suppressed my feelings and let you go"she said while a tear started to form on her eyes,but she soon wiped it and turned around"sniff,i am going to bring you some water" when she was about to get up,si jin stopped her with the hand he could move


"stop,saying this nonsense,what?suppressing your feelings?do you think i would give up just because of that? you tryed it,but it didn't work remember?"


"that's why i should have tryed harder!"she said not stopping the tears anymore,si jin looked at her seriously and tenderly at the same time "also i am a soldier,danger is part of my work"


"but you should never be in in danger,not because of me!"


"i wanted to do it,it's not your fault,even if you tryed to hide it,i would have found out about it anyway,also,what are you feeling guilty about?...thanks to you...i am alive right now"


she looked at him still with tears falling uncontrollably,mo yeong, couldn't reply"sniff,sniff,sniff"


"come here"he said to her opening his arm"she then buried her face into his chest"uaaaaaaa,i am sorry si jin,sniff,really...i am so sorry"


"aigo,you are so brave that you can even act cold in a situation like that,yet when it comes to me you always cry,i wonder why" he smile tenderly while patting her head "it's because it's you! i don't want to loose anymore the people important to me,sniff"


"it's ok,i am fine mo yeon"he then tighten the hugs and his expresiion becomes pained"i should be the one to apologize...i should have done better,i shouldn't have made you take such a choice in the first place"


"crae!"she get up" you should never put yourself in danger anymore arasso?" he chuckled then closed the distance and kiss her "aish" he laughed a little "then you too never,put yourself in dangearasso?"


"ya!i am here too you know? you two stop it! chincia"


" curegu"he turned his head around and became serious "can you please not bring home this person here?" he is talking about Agus,she brought her there because he saved mo yeon before" sorry i have nowhere to go,be being a betrayer will have already spread around,so i can't leave" he said smiling in his irritanting way "don't worry i am not going to flirt with her,well not when you are around,you know,i am a good man in the end"


"GET THE HELL OUT!" scream si jin "calm down si jin,please ok and you"she looked at Agus "i am grteful for saving me,still i don't this kind of joke will make it better for you,as you said,you just payed the debt you had with my father,still for me this is not enought because you let him there alone,i don't have any obligation to help you out"


"that's right" said si jin then look at her "so why the hell is he here?!"


"o,well..."


"please don't treat me so bad you two,my heart hurt"


"i should really hurt your heart for good!" said si jin looking scaringly mad while mo yeon tryed to calm him down "stop it really!aish,i made you come inside because youi had something to say"


"hu?" asked si jin


"sigh,ok,i am going to tell you the rest of the story,about what happened to the soldier of back then...they died,everyone"


"what a news,ya!we already knew it!" said si jin


"shut up,captain si jin,you are hurting my hears"


"ya!-"


"cium!...sigh,keep on going"


"well the reason that they died was because they didn't wasnt to take the medication,but since they had no other choice they suicided,the other who instead took them,started to go crazy,and become violent at least 3 where killed by them and the other when they had those tittle times when they could think properly...decided to end their life too" everyone became sad


"so...this is what happened"said mo yeon,soon after with a stern face si jin asked"how do you know all this? surely you are a spy,a traitor aomeone,i cannot belive so easily"


"do you think i am lying?you know well i am not,captain yoo si jin"he smiled si jin remained serious and didn't answer,still mo yeon was curious" but really how did you know?"


"...after what happened to your father i wanted to know more,even if it was just a little to back up my life,you know this job of mine is dangerous"


"tsk"


"also,i really wanted to know what the hell kang chul meant and why where Lee han soo,came in person to look for kang chul,when he never came before?...i wanted to know and so i searched around,o! by the way i also know what the betrayer,the one called writer choi did"


"what did he do?writer choi?"asked visibly curious mo yeon


"well,as i know he was a soldiers and came to be one of the special squad at the last moment he was also the youngest amongst the soldiers.Writer choi blended soon even if at first he was the solitary type but thanks to your father and the captain and even Agrus,a soldier that died too,they helped him a lot. After some time when the doctors started to came and after the captain disappeared it seems like he became strange,sigh,long short i think le han soo threatened him with something and then he betraied his friends,helping the doctors know,who where the ones discovered everything"


"wait,that mean,that after my father told the squad what happened,he told the doctors who was who made them change theyr mind when at first they had no reason to refuse the medications right?gosh than he...DRRRRRRR"all of a sudden her phone ring


"sorry i have to answer"


"yebuseyo?"


"..."


"yebuseyo?"still no one answered "tsk,who is it?"she was about to close the call when a voice talk


"doctor kang mo yeon" it was writer choi


"writer choi?"


"...dae...are you free right now? i have something to say to you"


"...what is it about?"


"let's see each other it's better face to face"


"arasso,at the same place at the last time"


"who was at phone?writer choi?what did he want?"


"he wants to meet me in person"


"should i come too?"


"idiot of a captain,will it be good if they knew you are still alive?"


"shut up you,think about it,they already know she was there for her father,they would already know that i am alive"


"still,you can't move"


"i can!it's only my shoulder that it's hurt not the rest!"


"srill-"


"he is right,you lost a lot of blood,you can't come"


"then what are you going with him?"


"i won't,i will go with myung joo,she sent me a message asying that she and the others are back,i will ask her if she can come,but i am sure she can"


"good at least you are not alone" she takes her phone and call myung joo,after telling her everything,myung joo agreed on coming saying was going to her house anyway. After myung joo arrived,they headed there leaving seo dae yeong together with Agus and si jin,when they arrived,writer choi was already there in a table at the corner of the caffe shop they have gone the last time.


"i am here,writer choi" she said "this is a friend of mine"


"should you really come with her?"


"ya!-"started myung joo but mo yeon stopped her


"she already know everything,my friend is it this too" he looks at the two of them" ...sigh...fine"they sit down and after that mo yeong speack"i heard that you have...made a big mess"


"...how do you know?"she said seriously?he looked at her the same way,no more the writer choi who stattered and was scared "why do you even ask mo yeon?isn't it obvious?someone told him,of course" said myung joo with her usual tone


"...was it lee han soo?"asked mo yeon"dae"he said not even thinking of what to say,surprising her"he want back what you took without permission doctor kang"


"mpfff,look at this old man,you should be the one together with that lee han soo to give something back"said serious myung joo


"i am not talking to you little girl"


"tsk,sure can't you even answer?taitor"she affirmed making him look at her"what?do you think we wouldn't know?" said myung joo"writer choi then looked back at mo yeon and said" so you know"


"dae"said kang mo yeon"you know that i betraied your father and the others"


"dae,i know"he took a sip of his coffe and then said"lee han soo,said i should do whatever it takes to take those informations back"


"i won't give them back to that man,i am going to be straightforward with you"she said crossing her arms and looking at him"so...what will you do"


"i must write a book that contains everything that happened with your father as as the main dish once again"


"what?"said unsettled mo yeon"by the way,you know that he has a lot of lawyers who will you in a bad position,and maybe made you just like your father"she cletched her fist"she won't because we will never let that happen!"said myung joo"and how will you do it?agassi?even if you will win in the public eyes,do you think he will let you live?"


"do you think we are idiots that doesn't know how to protect ourseves?"said myung joo


"you don't even know who are fighting against"


"aish,again with the chit chat,ya,do you still remember what i told you the first time we met?welli did it,i found the truth,i know who it was and like i promised you and your pears wil pay for everything you did to us and the other soldiers,this is not a matter of venegance any longer this is something that our country need to know.When parents sent theyr sons to become soldiers,they surely didn't excpect them to turn out into a drugged puppet,used for stupid project that isn't even good for our country!...i listened to nonsense for years,i dreamed every night when those idiots told me my father suicided and not even with a little compassion,in those years i understood just how much people are only empty words...and you are one of them"


Myung joo looked at her friend with a sad face"tell him to bring it on,i am not going to go down withouth a fight and the one who will die will surely not be me"


"he would kill your friends and family doctor kang mo yeon"


"I DARE HIM TO TRY!"she shout surpising mo yeon and writer choi"i am going to protect everyone and i am going to be alive too!the one who should be scared must be only him,because I...am going to put an end to this soon,tell him to wait for me,i will look for him soon"she said angryly


"let's go myung joo"


"dae"the two girls started to get up when writer choi said"are you sure,you will be able to help everyone?are you sure,you will be able to put an end to everything like this?no one will testyfy anyway"


"i know,but i am not going to give up"he took another sip of his coffe and then opened his bag,after that he took a book from inside it"here,for you"


"she take it hesitantly and a bit confused"what is this?"you will know when you will read it,it's my farewell gift for you"he get up and then put money for what they ordered"this time i will be the one to pay,by the way,i never forgotten about that drink,you were right,so now,you will be the one who will never forget this drink"he smiled and then left them


"wait doctor choi-!"but he already went away"open the book,let''s what's inside"said myung joo and mo yeon was abut to do it when the title of the book takes her attention


"the title of the book is...THE CONFESSION OF A TRAITOR"she looked at myung joo


"could this book be-"she suddenly read the first page and found already what the book was about,he was confessing,it's an autobyongraphy,so everyone will now that this is not just a story.Let's go to si jin and seo dae yeong,i think that we won't have any problem anymore now"


They drive home and read the book together with the others,the full story was just as they found out,only that everything started from lee han soo who wanted to become the next korean president and for that he should have done some bad deed indeed,he had formed a alliance with the president of the milirìtary force of north korea,they where in this together,unfortunately he heard the conversations between them,but was found out,it wasn't on purpose still none of that mattered,they threatened him that if he did something stupid and told everyone about this he would stay alive but his family would be completly killed,he had no other choice,to agree not to say a words.After the medicines started to be given to the soldiers and that the captain kfound out about him,he had no choice but to bring him in the torture chamber with a lie and there the captain met a cruel destiny.After that he was already in too deep and they wouldn't let him be so he sgreed on only one condition that he will do one more job and then he will go away,they agreed since they knew he won't be able to tell or do anything since he was in theyr hands and so his last mission as a spy started.After what happened to the captain doctor kang chul,found out about it and tried to save his friends by not making them take the medicine,writer choi was asked to know why the soldiers didn't want the medicines anymore and so he told lee han soo everything,from then on,everything it was as they already know.He was accused unjustly,no one cared about the truth,rumors spread and the good doctor became a fearful killer.Writer choi who gained the free life he wanted,by killing and betraying his friends who helped him in many ways,became in reality his prison,the guilt he felt was too much,for awhile he became addicted to drugs and alchool,but when not even those could spare him.he tryed to write it down,thinking about the good times,with them,about the life they could have had if nothing like that happened,if he...wasn't a coward.


"...wow,so this is what happened"


"damn bastards,asih"said si jin"


"but why the wa why did he did this only now?"said seo dae yeong,all of a sudden the book that she put on the table falls down and a letter is now visible,it was for mo yeon.


"dear kang mo yeon,i am sorry,really,ou were right i was having my great time and made money after what i did.Not a day passed where i wouldn't think of them,this book you have in your hands was written a long time ago, but only after meeting you and after i knew just what you did for knowing the truth and just how much you are doing,even protecting the ones dear to you,you choose a different way than me,that's why i decided to give you this,in reality i already gave this to someone who would make it public since of course my editor wouldn't do it,this would help a lot right?.I hope that with this at least i can just a little be proud of me,thanks for showing me,what to do.This is my farewell,have a happy life and please,don't abandon my family if you can"


"what does it mean farewell?"said si jin at that time no one knew what kind of decision he took.


Writer choi's office,he call lee han soo


"did you made your decision?writer choi?"he asked


"sure i did"


"good now what's left is-"


"lee han soo,i made the book public"


"already?you already wrote it?"


"of course i completed the books years ago"


"what do you mean?"he asked confused"mpfff,ahahaha,prepare yourself lee han soo because what we did will be already known by everyone"


"what?!what did you do,bastard!what about your family,hu?"


"STOP IT!i did this for them too,the truth will have come out anyway,in reality for the first time in years i feel good,now...you should be the one to live in fear"


"what?wait-"


"bye lee han soo"he closed the call and took a last sip of his faovurite cognac after that he suicided


The next day everything was a mess everything that happened was revealed and the famiy of the victims wanted an explanation,after earing that mo yeon si jin and the others,had to the last thing show the proof of the words in the book.This is the last battle,a closure is finally being put to all this mess,soon...everything will end.


Ok everyone,i am really tired to reread the chapter so please bear with me,anyway let me know what you think of this chapter i hope you all liked it.