8

I am back




CHAPTER 8


KMY POV


"sigh...what am i doing?"this is not what i wanted...everything is just not right,my head is exploding and i have so much to do,things keep on going in a way i don't like,i never tought i will be in this situation.She is in her office at albanian's base.


FLASHBACK


"doctor kang mo yeon,right?"


"...who are you?"


"ayo,don't be like this let's be friendly shall we?"


"who are you?"


"ok,then,my name is Agus"


"Agus?"never heard that name,but...why does it seems like i know him?did i peraphs see him somewhere?"so what do you want?"


"can i seat near you?"


I smiled"no,you can't"


"listen,why don't you like me?"because you give me a bad feeling also...


"because,that fake smile of yours is disgusting"i know what si jin feels while looking at me


"i don't understand what do you mean?i am sincerly happy to see a beautiful girl like you?"said Agus smiling then i smile too"i know that you arent's interested in me at all...i think you have other intensions than flirt with me"


"ooo,wow!"he said crossing his legs and all smiles he said"wow,girl,strong willed indeed,why do think i am fake and that i am not interested in you? "he is not easy,but i can tell something is fishy with him.I look him just the same way"because i know a lot of people like you"


"like me?explain"he said pleased,she come closer to him and say"it means that you are a liar...sigh,if you have something you want to say,then go ahead,thought i hope you won't blame me if i won't belive you...since you are a stranger"i smiled again and was at easy,not a bit discomforted even when inside i am full of questions,but this person is no good,he just came out of nowhere and if it's not enough he feels familiar,but it doesn't give me a good vibe.


"so how do you know my name?"


"well when a man is interested in a girl he will find any way to know her right?"


"mmm,so you are a stalker?"


"o,nooo,of course not"


"we are going no where and i have to go"i get up"try not to let me see you again"


"or else?"


"you will see"i smiled and then became serious,but he remained with his happy face,then he get up too and walks towards me,lean closer to my ear and say"pay attention to what you do little kang"i turn around suddenly surprised"what are you saying?what do you mean?"


"just to pay attention,life is hard right?"he look at his watch and say"ow,look here it's getting late and i have an appointment,see you soon little kang"then he walk away and i am looking at his back suspiciously,my heart beat fast,i can't calm down"who is he?and why do i feel like...something not good will happen?"


END OF THE FLASHBACK


"Doctor kang,are you ok?"


"i would like to say i am ok,but i am not"she answered"should i bring you something to eat?"


"no,thank you,i am fine"


"doctor kang?"


"can i ask you something?"


"sure go ahead"


"did something happen with the captain?"


"...nothing,don't worry too much,can you go now?i have something to do"


"sure,bye then"


"dae,bye"something?me and si jin are now like strangers,i keep my fake facade while he changed complitely,we just talk if necessary and nothing more...even tought i was the one who put distance between us,i couldn't imagine how much this situation is upsetting me,sigh...i didn't even go to Agrus yet.


Kang mo yeon,goes outside the office when she receive a call from si jin at the walkie tokie"doctor kang,come to the big room,we recived orders and you have to come too since you are our doctor"his voice is so distant"understood,i am coming right away"


"...good"


"sigh,let's see what's happening"she goes straight to the big room and all the soldiers are in theyr position


"come doctor kang,we have something important to discuss about"


"dae...but where should i sit?"


"doctor kang's place is beside me"said si jin seriously,my heart beat fast only thinking of him near me"dae"i go and sit beside si jin,my heart beat fast yet i am full of guilt what i said to him,but till now i don't think i did wrong.


"good,since we are all here,i will say what is going on,we have a mission,the one we were sent here for..."


"what is it about?"seo dae yeon asked"we have to rescue some korean citizens who came for volunteer work but got cought up by a organization,is a little one,for us is easy yet what it seems to be easy it's not as it looks,they are dangerous so pay attention"


"dae!"so it's going to be dengerous?


"what is the plan captain si jin?"I asked and we looked at each other for a few seconds,i could sense the tension between us"i am going to say it now,they told us that the place they are hiding is inside an abandoned village called the ghost village,it was abandoned from more then 20 years and they made it theyr base.These criminals are known for being cruel and cold blooded,they could use any means to get us,from acting as villangers who escaped to just use as a shield little children and women so becareful"he then look at me"you will have to stay in a secure place and if needed be prepared to help us,you are coming too"


"sure"he looked at me for a few seconds"ok,we will start the operation tomorrow morning so go and sleep"


"sure captain,dangyeol!"everyone went away,i was also going to my room and si jin walked beside me since our room are near each other.We finally arrived and then he said"you sure are without fear"


"what do you mean?"i asked confused"usually a girl will be scared to hear this,it's not a trip...kang mo yeon,i would have liked you to refuse"he said concerned"i smiled and this was my sincere one"thanks for the worry but i was prepared from the start"


"you will be alone,it's not the usual work,are you able to do it?"


"of course,do you know how many patients i had to care for in america?a doctor's life isn't any easy you know?it's a hard life"i would like to apologize.


"that smile...makes you really pretty"my heart skip a beat"...thanks...good night captain si jin"but i didn't


"...dae...good night"he said with a disappointed expression then we both entered our room.


The next day




Everyone was outside the base,in order at theyr place as a soldier should be"everyone!are you ready?today is a relly important mission,we should secure the citizens"


"dae,sir!"everyone answered


"remember the plan and focus,the rest leave it to me"


"dae!"


In the ambulatory of the base i was taking everythink i think it's going to be needed"ok,the tools i need are here,gloves,medicines...mmm...what else?gauzeneedle and thread,just in case,hu?where are the siringes?and the alchool?"i search everywhere and now i passed to looke at the drawer under the table"aish,where did i put it?"when a hand give me the siringes"o,thanks!"i said looking up and it was si jin"you welcome"i try to get up and he gives me his hand to help me,i hesitate for a few seconds but then i grab his hand and get up,but i loos balance and he catch me"...sorry"


"it's ok"he said not letting me go,o no,my heart beats to fast,i can't let him hear it"thanks,but we should go now so..."dae...we should go..."we look at each other for awhile and i can't even fake a smile like i always do,hi eyes are too beautiful and i can't look away.He finally let me go and in his usual captain and serious way he say"let's go and the alchool is here too"


"oh thanks again"si jin look at me for awhile withouth saying a word and i don't know how to react,this man no matter what i do,makes me unable to think properly"why are you looking at me?"


"i really am curious kang mo yeon...about you"


"...me too"i tried to joke but it din't work"sigh...the guys are waiting as the captain don't you know that being late is too much?"i said in a serious way,but his answer made want to bury myself in a whole and hide inside"the one who is gonna make us be late is you doctor kang,i came to get you since you weren't present"i was surprised and i could only say"o.."i looked away and wispering i said"damn and i wanted to be cool,aish"


"mpfff,ahahah"


"are you laughing?"i said surprised not in a mad way


"dae,can't i?sometimes you are like a different person from the cool doctor kang"


"aish,who do you think it's at fault?!aishlet's go!"i said going past him,but i was happy that he laughed.


We get inside the car who will bring us at the destination,the tension for the mission and and the unsey feelings i have grows bigger as the destination is near.After awhile we arrived and everyone just get down since they already know what to do.


"ok everyone,be careful of what you do,everything must be done with decision and you must concentrate,we won't have much time but we can do it"everyone nod at si jin,then he looks at me and say


"you stay here ok?"


"i don't think it's right,i mean shouldn't i stay is a more near place?"


"no,here is fine,so after we finid you will be here already"


"fine then"


"good,see you later"he was about to go when i stopped him at that he turned to look at me"si jin ssi...come back safe,you must come back alive"he looked at me for a few seconds and then nodded,he then looked at me and said"if i come back alive you must say to me what you are hiding"i looked at him and said nothing,he smiled and then went away and i looked at his back.




After some times i don't know how much time passed i started to see our soldiers bringing here some koreans,they must be the ones that had to be rescued,that means that they did it.


"are you ok?are you hurt somewhere?"i ask to one of the koreans,it was a woman and she screamed"my husband!my husband!is still there!!!sob,sob,sob,chagya!!!"she looks at me and then say"please rescue him!"


"first calm down and don't worry he will be ok,the one we should worry for now is you,madam you must be reidratated,"


"no!i am ok!i-"she collapse"sigh,see"i get down to her"my name is kang mo yeon and you are now my patient,so you can't go anywhere withouth my consent,look here damn what did they do to you"she was fuul of bruses some old and some new"aish,you have a a broken arm too"


"they did it to us every day!sob,they hit us and made us do so many things waaaa!"i hugged her,it's ok don't worry,they will pay  for it"damn those bastard,si jin give them a good lesson,"now let's cure you,but it's only temporary what i am doing to you,you will have to go to the hospital,for now i am going to give you something to make you stay calm".


Time passed and all of a sudden she saw everyone get out of the village,seo dae yeon goes to her with other two ostages,everyone are here but not si jin"where is si jin?"asked mo yeon worried while taking the patients.


"he is still inside"


"what?shouldn't you stay there and help him?"


"he said to go out,so we are just doing what he ordered us"again,damn orders,these damn soldiers"he is alone what if something happens to him?!are you so good at taking orders that you don't even care!"seod dae yeon who was looking at the building where si jin is till now,looked to me and said"it's because it's him,i know he can do it,that's why i am staying here,we are not the way you think us to be doctor kang mo yeon and surely not yoo si jin"he was serious while saying it and at that moment i found seo dae yeon different fom what i tought,just as i tought of him as someone who will do anything is ordered him,then what about si jin?i look at that direction for awhile then turned to my patients.


Soon after i heard a familiar voice from my wolkie tokie"doctor kang,prepare a room for us when we go back we have a looot to discuss about"i was so happy"ya,just come bac-BAM"a sudden sound of a gun seo dae yeon and i went to look and it wassi jin,he was hit by one of the left criminals,but he was till good enough to shoot at him death either way he was able to bring the last korean and i run to him"what was that?are you ok?"he smiled and just said to take care of the man after saying that,si jin fainted and i was shocked i get down to him and scream"si jin!,yoo si jin! get up right now!si jin ssi!"tears started to form in my eyes but i picked myself back,i have to do my work well"se dae yeon!help me bring it inside the ekipped car!"


"dae!"he came and helped me,he was shot on his shoulder and the bullet was still inside"damn it!"but then i found another wound it was on his leg he wrapped it,but it wasn't enough he lost a lot of blood"damn it!this idiot!help me and press the wound on his leg!"


"ok!"aish,then i take one of my antibiotics and pour it on the wound where he was shot"what are you doing?"i have to take the bullet out,you take that medicine and gently clean the wound on the leg and then tell me how deep it is"


"arasso!"i cleaned the wound where he was shot,fortunately the bulled wasn't in too deep,but i couldn't manage it if he was still concious,i have cut his wound,i took my tools fortunately"they are already clean then i cleaned my hands and put gloves on,i started to cut,and finally found the bullet and took it out,after that,i had to sutureit took awhile but i finally took care of that,still he lost a lot of blood how abou the wound?"


"it's deep,i tried my best but i don't know what to do"


"let me see"i get to his leg amd the wound was infected"there is just a little pus it's just forming so i won't need to cut too much skin fortunately"


"what?are you going to cut his skin?"


"i have to,but since it's not deep inside but only outside i can later just just prescribe some medication cream and antibiotics for oral use,it's going to be okay the the wound gun's too,it smell less han i usually am used to,it's a good sign"i take the gauze and all the things and tools i need and finally i cure it,the wound is completly clean and it shouldn't for again still i have to to clean it more in the day".


The next day,in the hospital's garden,i was informing myung joo's father and a fter i finished my phone ring and it was seo dae yeong telling me that he was up,i run like mad into the hospitalhospital when i finally was there he was up and smiled at me"hi doctor kang"


"you!damn idiot!after i said to come back safe look what state you are in!"


"but you where there and saved my life"


"aish,the is i shouldn't even have to save your life!"


"hey,i heard you stayed beside me all the time till just awhile ago"i look at seo dae yeon"don't look at me i didn't say anything,i just arrived"


"the nurse told me saying that my girlfriend was taking care of me dearly"


"i think i better go outsdie"seo dae yeon's leave and close the door


"what?girlfrind?!"


"Anyway i saw you taking my hand in yours,you were sleeping...again"i became hot in the face an he laughed.


FLASH BACK


"si jin get up fast,don't leave me please!i will tell you everithing,so get up"mo yeon's takes his hand and carress it than lean her face on it and fall asleep not knowing that he was already awake.


END OF FLASH BACK


"You said you will tell me everything now tell me what are you hiding?"i look at him seriously and since i promised"before you answer,listen to me,that time i didn't finish what i wanted to say,if i had i will do what they ask me,but if i don't find it right for our nation or the people then...i will not follow orders,that's what i always did till now"


"...sigh...what do you want to know,ask and i will answer"


"...why did you become doctor in the army?you had such a good carrer before,why became one and be payed a lot less than before?"


"...because i have to find something and became a doctor in the military,specially in the special group is what i needed"


"...what are you trying to find?"


"...the truth"i said seriosuly


"aboout who?"


"...my father"he was confused"but your father is in america?did something happen?"


"he isn't my real father,they where where friends and he helped me and my mom when we where in need later they married"


"what about your father then?"


"he isn't in this world anymore"


"i see,but what does the military have anything to do with it?"i walked toward the window and then looked outside for awhile"my father was a normal doctor,but really good at it...one day he was called for a good opportunity for him,so he accepted,because he wanted to help the soldiers who where fighting for our country.Some times later maybe two or three years after he became the special force doctor he was accused of being the one who killed the whole team,but he didn't.The strange thing is that he didn't fight the rumors too much it seems tought that he was doing or searching something while suffering for us and the situation we where in.We passed in shame some moth later he was called back again,we didn't hear him for a month.One day a soldier came to us saying that he was dead,it was suicide,he was so full of himself,we were desperate and tried our best toat least have back his body but they didn' give it to us,it's as if they where hiding it."


"wait,what do you mean?"i turn around and look at him"they are are hiding the truth abouth his death,i think that he was killed and not killed himself as they wanted to let me know and also,the saquad,wasn't annilated they are alive i already found two of them"


"they are alive?"


"dae"


"wait now that i think about it,i heard something about it,since you are kang,kang chul!"


"tsk,so till now it's still lingering"


"dae,they said alot about that situation it was really bad,us soldiers of the new squad where trained really hard and outside doctors where not so welcomed but myung joo's dad wasn't against it"


"he was a good friend of my father"


"about the people you said are alive who are they?"


"one of them is...Agrus"


"that Agrus?i knew he was strange but i know why now,i always found him suspicious,but i never tought something like this...then what about his face?"


"he only told me that it was the price for his betrayal"


"betrayal?"


"dae,his lips are sealed i don't know why but he won'r say anything more"


"wae?did you ask him something?"


"well about what happened and also...i found a message at my old house saying"the albanian is the key"


"so that's why you came here instead of myoung joo?"i nodded


"that's why he asked me to protect you,he is worried,then it must be something big and you think that the upper in the military are behind this"


"exactly"


"i understand...so you said those things to me because i am a soldier?"


"dae,if you where someone who easly betray,or someone who take the upper words as law or...if you have principles and are smart enough to now what's good and what is not"


"you hurt me a lot you know"


"i am sorry"he then said"if you told me before i would have been good,i will help you"


"really?!"


"dae"


"thanks!"i run and hug him"ow,it hurts!please be gentle


"o!sorry"i was about to get away from him when he tighten the hug"hey,aren't you hurt?"


"dae,but my medicine just came"


"tsk"i smiled and hugged him"mo yeon,i will help you,but i am worried it's too dangeriìous,if really it's what you think we have to be careful"


"i know"


"when did you start this investigation?"


"about a year ago,when i was in america someone came to our house and searched throu my dad's things,that day i finally undertood that i was right and that something was wrong it wasn't a simple bulglar but they where searching for something...there my resolve started"


"i think you did a pretty good job till now...i can't even imagine how you could have felt all this time?"


"no bad really,i just couldn't trust people too much,i know that as much i am serching for the truth the other side is searching too and i was sure that they will try and shut me up if they were suspicious of me"


"that's why you had to act like you never cared of anything,just a matherialistic woman,because you couldn't trust anyone"


"dae"he then looked at me and said"you are not alone anymore,because i am here for you"and then kissed me tenderlly.

 

 

SORRY FOR THE ERRORS I AM TIRED AND IT'S LATE I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED THIS CHAPTER,THANKS EVERYONE^^