13

I am back

CHAPTER 13


The day after after the revelations Agus told me,me and si jin decided to get help from his comrade seo dae yeon,while i decided to tell everything to myung joo.After doing our work it finally became night,we decided then that it was the right time to call them,so i went to myung joo while si jin went to seo dae yeon.


"tok,tok"


"who is it?"


"myung joo it's me,can you please come out?"


"ok,i am coming"she get out the room"...mo yeon?what's with you?...why are you so pale?"


"...i have to tell you something,myung joo"


"sure what is it?"i look at her for a few seconds,still wondering if i am doing the right thing,but then i stop with my thinking,i grab her hand"come with me myung joo"i said to her seriously"she looked at me a bit confused and just nonned.It was still night and the soldiers where still sleeping,i brought myung joo where my office is and there are seo dae yeong and si jin waiting for us"


"you finally are here"said si jin"dae,i was still a bit hesitant"


"hesitant about what?curegu?"she looks at seo dae yeong"seo dae yeong are you here too?why?"


"i don't know he just said to follow him and so i did"


"there is a reason why we decided to bring the two of you here"said si jin"seo dase yeong do you remember what happened yesterday?"


"dae,the albanians lost everything"


"right and there was Agus too"


"...that's right,Agus"he said serious"you where curious right?of what was going on"seo dae yeon,cross his arms and then says"i suppose you are going to tell them to me"si jin looked at me"more than me,the one to do explain will be mo yeon"


"mo yeon?what do yo mean?"asked myung joo"sigh...myung joo,i am sorry"


"for what?"


"because there is a reason for my coming back in korea"


"and that wasn't because you wanted to i presume"


"...in thuth,if it was for me,i wouldn't come back at all"


Myung joo looked even more confused"what do you mean?"while si jin looked at me with a sad expression"...i came back in korea and...contacted you for this work because...i had a purpose in mind from the beginning"


"so what's your purpose"asked seo dae yeong


"you will understand soo enough friend"si jin said"ok,then"


"it was because of my father"


"your father?but he died right?he suicided"


"he didn't,i know for certain that he was murdered"


"mo yeon,do you even know what you are saying?he couldn't be"


"why not?why? myung joo you know well enough how he was like,he wasn't a coward who would leave us like that after suiciding"


"mo yeon,what i want to say is who would murder him?"


"are you kidding me?"i started to lose it"who?myung joo,i tried desperately to think he really did that,but then i always found myself going back and thinking that he would never do that! if he suicided why didn't they give his body back to us? why?"


"that...i don't know"


"but i do.I started to have doubt after my house was robbed in america,they where searching for something,they never even touched money or jewerly,one of them saw me and let me leave,that time i decided to investigate and the one who who let me leave i found out yesterday that it was Agus"


"Agus?what does he have anything to do with her?"asked seo dae yeon"he knew her father,it seemed like kang chul,mo yeon's father left a big impression on him and then for that reason decided to let her alive,tought i don't think i will let him leave the next time i will see him"he saidangrly.


"ok...so?i still don't know what the reason is,i don't even know this Agus so mind telling me?"


"Agus was our friend and comrade back in the days,but he betrayed us and killed one of friends,si jin shoot him death or at least that's what we tought,till yesteday at least for me,si jin and mo yeon already knew he was alive"she looked back at me after listening to seo dae yeon's words.


"i see,so say the rest"


"i had the suspect that the mistery around my father was inside the military life and i was right,i researched a lot and in the end the only way for me to get a close look was-"


"to becaome a doctor in the military force"i nodded"so?did you find something?"


"dae,my father was just like me, a doctor in the special force unit everything was fine till one they asked to take some documents from a laboratory in russia,things went wrong from that time on.The soldiers where given strange medicine from doctors who came from the upper but my father wasn't welcomed by them.Then theyr captain disapeared and my father who was already suspecting them,one day followed the doctors and in one of the cells under the base,the captain was there,he was being drugged but my father didn't know what they gave him"


"so was he able to save him?"


"no,he died in his arms and my father...decided to protect at least the other soldiers,so he went to them and said not to take the mediactions they where giving them,he told the truth to everyone,but at one point it seems like the doctors found it strange and they weren't pleasend,the soldiers later disappeared one by one,my father was only able able to save one"


"one?who?"asked seo dae yeon and si jin answered"do you know the one who has the creepy shop in town?"


"dae...wait he was a soldier?!"


"dae,he was on the special squad but when he went against them they made him drink something and his skin started to rot"


"rot?"


"dae,her father was able to stop the process but his skin was already too damaged"


"wait,then you came here because of a reason too?"asked myung joo"dae,in our old house i found a message who say,THE ALBANIAN IS THE KEY,that's why i came here,i tought Agrus was the key, but he isn't and we are currently searching for the truth together with him"


"my gosh,this is unbelivable"she said shocked"then what about your father?didn't you say you are sure he was murdered?"


"exactly"


"how do you know"


"...Agus told me,he was...tortured...to death,it seems that when i started to search for him he was still alive,damn it...if i found him before"si jin hugged me"it's ok,don't feel guilty"


"...i understand now,so it seems like things are really dangerous"


"yes"


"sigh,so what do you want us to do?"


"we want your guys help,we were really hesitant about it,so-"said si jin but was stopped by theyr answers.


"don't worry we will help"they said at the same time,still i had to say how dangerous it is"calm down,i want you guys to think well before saying yes,i already feel guilty involving si jin"


"don't say this,i was the one who wanted to help,also i am your boyfriend"


"all the more reason for me to feel guilty,this is really dangerous and having him all alone in this situation investigating it makes me really worried...and i am going to have other two people to worry about,so please be careful in making your decision"


"it's ok, i don't know what exactly expect us but i want to help so don't worry doctor kang,also i am one of the best, as i said beore i am in"


"me too,i can understand your point of view, your family was always importamt for you and i am your friend i will help with all i can"


"thanks"


"a!by the way,let's ask my father,he surely will help u-"


"DON'T!"myung joo and everyone else where startled "w-wae?also calm down"


"sorry,but,don't say anything  to him"


"but why? he has the capability to help us"


"the reason why i am asking you this,is because i don't want him to be involved in this, the less people knows the better"


"mo yeon... are you suspecting my father?"


"...no,but i hope you understand where i am coming from,the upper are the the enemy for me,i don't know who i can trust and who not"


"but you know him, he will never do anything to arm you"


"still don't say anything,what if he will be put in danger while helping us?,he will become like my father"myung joo froze"this is,something i always did alone but there is a limit to what i can do and si jin too,just what i want to ask you is not to put pressure on things,if you two where to find something and are alone don't do anything stupid we will do everything together,rushing things won't be of any good to us."


They nodded"good,now i want you two to know Agrus"said si jin"dae,big boss"the two of them are fine it seems but i am worried for myung joo,i am sorry i had to tell her this,but i really had no choice,it's the truth,trusting people was never my cup of tea since i started this road,i don't know if telling her father this would be helpful or not so for now if we don't get more information there is noway i am going to enter in the upper world blindly,i must have some kind of proof something that can help me go against them,for now what i need the most is knowing what the hell means the albanians is the key.After we cleared things we decided it was good to go early in the morning,the four of us went right there to his shop.


"Agrus,we are here"said si jin"sure come in,hu?these are?"


"the help we talked about"answered si jin"...sigh,fine,come in"Agrus let us enter in the room we usually go"you must be agrus,can i see..."


"so you guys really told them everything"


"we did"i answered"little military doctor,are you sure you can handle it?it's not a good a sight"


"i am a doctor i can do it"she said seriously,Agrus laughed"wa hahaha,this is something my little kang said to but in the end she just threw up"myung joo looked at me surprised,she knows i am not easily schocked by ilness as i am a doctor who saw a lot of disgusting things,but earing that i also became a mess because of his skin scared her a little"myung joo,if you can't stand it let it be"


"no!"she gulped and looked at him"if you could look at him normally then i can too,go on"


"sigh,why do i feel like some kind of clown?Little kang! i tell you the next time i want to be payed!understand?this is not free anymore.Sigh,little girl prepare yourself"she gulped,after she saw him she wanted to throw up.


"not on the ground!the bathroom is there!"said Agrus,we where worried about seo dae yeon too"seo dae yeon?"asked si jin"hey..."he seemed alright he remained with crossed arms and just looked at him with his usual robotic face"seo dae yeon?"si jin went near him and started to pat his back when he fell on the ground...he fainted.


"ya!seo dae yeon!"Agrus put back his hood"ya,si jin are you sure he will be helpful?i can understand a girl but a man,not even you threw up"


"i did,when i was at the back of your garden"


"o,so you did too,well...i can understand"he smiled sadly,it breacks my heart apart,i could only remain in silence and only imagine the pain he went throut.Agrus saw me looking at him and as if he was able to read my mind he came to me and patted my head"don't worry,i am fine now,my life is more lively too thanks to you"


"still aren't you in pain?when you see us...like this?"


"i was...at first,but with the passing years it was ok,i am used to these reactions,now i don't really care,this is how i am,i can't do anything about it,i threw up for almost a week when i first saw my face it was orrible,so i can understand"


"Agrus..."


"it's ok! i am fine"say myung joo coming back from the bathroom"i can do it!"she come to us try not to look at him,but Agrus noticed and laughed a little"ya!don't laugh"


"sorry,anyway how is the boy there?"


"i am fine too"


"you sure?"


"of course if myung joo can do it i can do it too"


"awww,my love!"said myung joo,it was good to have such a lively atmosphere.


"Anyway,little kang,i think i found out what it means the albanian is the key"


"really?"he nodded"i think it's a code"


"a code?"


"dae,he used to put the things with a code for everything just to remember and the code is this 38233,it was rather simple still that's for me since i knew him from before fortunately i knew what he usually did with these things" the(3)albanian(8) is(2) the(3) key(3).


"but are you sure?that's what it is?"asked si jin"well i think so still we must keep on finding what is it that this is for"


"mmm,ok,now we have the code still,o right,if i remember correctly he made an arrow from the words the albanian till the end with a number two"


"hu?right now that i think about it you are right"


"could it be some scribble he made?"asked seo dae yeon?"


"no,knowing little chul he wouldn't do something trivial like that"si jin then took a paper and a pen"so it was like this right?"


"dae,exactly like that"


"why did he do this? i wonder"


"wait!could this mean something like we have to read them the other way?"he then takes the pen and write YEK EHD SI NAINABLA EHT"could it mean this?"


"right!that's possible!then the number two means we have to write that after the numbers and it come to this"i take the pen and the paper"38233 EK EHD SI NAINABLA EHT"this is what is coming out"


"wow,this surely is a little long as a code"said sarcastically myung joo"well maybe yes"i said looking at it too then Agrus remembered something"wait EK...o my gosh but this is where my old burned house is"


"what?"all of us looked at him" in reality it's written like this EK ED SI NAINBLA EHT i remembered because when he wanted to come he always lost himself because he got wrong the name of the adress of my old house,gosh"


"but you said it's burned down?"asked myung joo


"that's what it beats me"


"the only thing we can do is ,go and look at that burned house of yours Agrus"


"we should"he said too