Eight

The Juveniles.

Loud music was blasting, filling the entire grocery store as Seungwan and Joohyun had talked about. Seungwan planned on baking Hoseok’s favorite cupcake like the old times. Although smiles and excitement could be seen on the girl’s face, the latter could only look at her in worry.

 

“Seungwan-ah, are you sure about this?”

 

“Joo, I am. Later, we’ll talk about this” She paused from pushing and turned to the president.

 

“Arasso” She nodded in response and continued following her.

 

“So, I guess you and Taehyung are making some progress huh?” Seungwan started.

 

“A-ani!”

 

Laughing, she turned to her once again, “Then why did you stutter and what did I see a while ago?”

 

“That was nothing” She mumbled.

 

“Joo, I have known you since diapers. So if you’re going to fool someone then that’s not me”

 

“It’s just, I’m worried”

 

“Because of?” She grabbed some eggs and placed them on the cart.

 

“School and Duties. You know we’re in senior year already and I became the president. What if our relationship would affect those? I don’t want that” Joohyun confessed.

 

“Joo, that’s when you apply balance and time management. Don’t be like me. Look where it got me” She bitterly laughed.

 

“I don’t know. I just feel like, Taehyung would crave for more attention and he wouldn’t understand the work and responsibilities I have and we will just fight and it would affect me and I won’t be able to do them properly”

 

“Kim Taehyung. Brother of Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin. Both of them were student body president. He would understand, Joo. All he need is assurance before he could finally let you be”

 

“I don’t know. I’m so confused these past few days”

 

“You’re not confused, Joo. You know what you want. It’s just you’re too stubborn to follow what you want” The girl didn’t feign any further and just followed Seungwan along.

 

The girls have completed their grocery shopping and went home immediately. Once they have opened the doors, they saw Seulgi on Jimin’s lap and kissing (making out). The two immediately closed their eyes and called the lovers’ attention.

 

“HOLY GRACIOUS! WE’VE ARRIVED PEOPLE. STOP THAT” Seungwan said.

 

Seulgi jumped out Jimin and fixed her hair, “Hi friends!” Jimin also stood up and nervously greeted the two goddesses.

 

“Oh sheesh people, no need to be shy. We’ve seen you making out many times” The two entered and placed the groceries on the dining table.

 

The two looked at each other with shy faces and Seulgi ran to them. “No, there are no instand food in here, Seul” Joohyun told her in advance.

 

“What have you bought?” Jimin approached them while unloading them out of the paper bag.

 

“We’ll bake” Joohyun replied.

 

“Ooohh.. Is this for Hobi hyung??”

 

“Ne~” Joohyung sang, teasing Seungwan.

 

“Aish. Don’t you dare tell him!”

 

Jimin raised both of his hands in surrender and his girlfriend could only laugh at his cuteness, “Ah I should’ve called my sister to join you”

 

“Yeah, you wouldn’t want her watching the two of you make out while waiting for us” Seungwan teased and the rest laughed.

 

“Babe, you bake me one too?”

 

“Park Jimin, do you want to get food poisoning?” Seulgi asked in sarcasm.

 

“It’s okay. Just make sure to nurse me”

 

“Ah bwoyah” Joohyun reacted, “Go home Chim”

 

“Aigoo~ Looks like your friends don’t want me here” Jimin joked, “I’m going, babe. You need to have your girls night” He kissed the side of Seulgi’s forehead.

 

“Take care on your way home, Chim” Seulgi said.

 

“Girls,” “Bye Chim” “Take care!”

 

Once Jimin was out, Seungwan looked at the two, “So, are you going to bake as well?”

 

“Oh please no” Seulgi immediately answered.

 

“Come on! You heard Jimin” She insisted, “Joo?”

 

“Well, I don’t have someone to bake for, so” She answered calmly.

 

“Just give it to Taehyung. I hope that guy would like it” Seulgi said.

 

“So, we’re all baking?”

 

“Kill me” Seulgi mumbled but still join Wendy in baking.

 

They started out and Joohyun has been cracking the eggs and putting it on the mixing bowl, “So, mind telling us now, what’s the real score between you and Hoseok?”

 

“I’m courting him” Seungwan took a deep breath, “I’m trying to win him back”

 

“Wan, you know you don’t have to do that” Seulgi patted her back.

 

“It’s okay. It was once my fault and I am the one who should be doing the move”

 

“But you know, it’s all in the past. I’m sure Hoseok forgave you already” Joohyun said.

 

“He told me he did. But I don’t know. There’s just a part of me where I feel like I need to do something to save us, you know. But don’t worry, if there are constant rejections that I couldn’t take, I’ll stop. At least I have done my part and corrected my mistakes. It’s all on him now” Wendy explained.

 

Seulgi hugged Seungwan, “Good thing you know what you’re doing”

 

“I thought of it thoroughly” The foreigner laughed.

 

“But be sure you’ll know when to stop, arasso?” Joohyun looked at her in worry.

 

“I will. But Joo..”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Try to understand Kim Taehyung as well, eo? He’s just like me. He would get tired of your constant rejections”

 

“I know. If he chose to stop, then I can’t do anything about it”

 

“Don’t be stubborn, Joo!” Seulgi reprimanded, “One day you’ll know, Taehyung would be out chasing other girls”

 

“Just tell him” Seungwan said, “If you’re not ready for a relationship, then tell him to wait for you. At least that’s better than having no clue if he stands a chance or no”