Twenty One

The Juveniles.

"Are you back just now, Bae Joohyun?" Seungwan scolded Joohyun as she tried to secretly entered their unit because hello, it's already 5:00 in the morning.

 

"A-ani.. I went for a jog" Lie.

 

"Really, Joohyun? You went for a jog in thos clothes?" Seungwan crossed her arms, "Are you overworking?"

 

"What? No" She denied.

 

"What is happening?" Seulgi came out of the bathroom while drying her hair with a towel. "Joohyun, did you just- What did I tell you?"

 

"I'm sorry. We have deadlines" Joohyun apologized.

 

"You won't work for 3 days" Seungwan announced, "No one is going to be preoccupied for 3 days"

 

"Wan, you can't-"

 

"Yes, I can Bae Joohyun!" She raised her voice. It was very rare for Seungwan to shout and get angry but not now. She reached her limit, "Look at yourself, Joo! You're so pale. Those eyebags, are you planning to have them darker than your hair? Are you even eating?"

 

"Seungwan" Seulgi stopped Seungwan, "Joo, what is the real problem here?"

 

"Nothing" She still denied.

 

Seungwan rolled her eyes and went back to the kitchen. Seulgi watched the two to continue their business. They went to school but the stubborn Joohyun excused herself once again even before the classes starts.

 

"Where is she?" Seungwan mouthed to Seulgi.

 

The latter shrugged her shoulders and uttered an, "I don't know"

 

"Babe, what's the matter?" Hoseok asked Seungwan.

 

"Joohyun is not in here" Seungwan whispered because the teacher may catch them and might be sent to detention.

 

Taehyung went out of the classroom even in the middle of discussion. All of the students' eyes were on him but he didn't even buldge. Speaking of Bae Joohyun, she's on their office and secretly putting some relief patches on her shoulders and back. Her body started aching from working and just sitting in front of a computer for days already. She barely even rest her back.

 

*Knock knock*

 

Her attention shifted to the door and saw Hwang Jackson of 4B, "I hope our class files aren't that late?"

 

"Jackson-sshi"Joohyun greeted him with all smiles, "No they aren't. In fact, they're just on time"

 

"Where should I put it?"

 

"On the table, please" Joohyun pointed her table, "Thank you"

 

"Why are you working alone?" The guy asked.

 

"They have classes"

 

"And you don't?"

 

"I'm excused. I'd rather work than listen to Teacher Kang"

 

"It's pretty challenging to keep up with him during discussion" Jackson joked and both of them laughed, "Joohyun-sshi, blood" Out of reflex, Jackson pulled out his handkerchief and wiped the blood that came from Joohyun's nose, "Oh my god, are you okay? Do you want to go to the clinic?"

 

"No, I'm fine. I'm fine. I'll go get some fresh air" Joohyun then ran out of the office with Jackson's hanky.

 

Meanwhile, Taehyung saw everything. Their conversation and got jealous. He is furious. Especially when Jackson offered his hanky. He ran to the rooftop once he saw that. Jealousy got over him than worry or concern. He needed to cool down. He needed to relax/ He needed to think about things before he would vent his anger out of Joohyun. He needed to understand. The rooftop is even dangerous since it is where students would do illegal things such as playing cards, drinking alcohol, even smoking cigarettes. . The rooftop is prohibited, as always. Basic rule. But right now, Taehyung couldn't care any less about it. With his head hung low and hands on the rails, he saw a pack of cigarettes on top of it and he is tempted. He always hears from his elite friends that smoking is their wayout of stress, next to drinking. He laughed the thought out. Why did that thought even crossed his mind? But, it is as if the cigarette is calling his name. "A try won't hurt" He got it and tried to light it up with the lighter.

 

"Kim Taehyung-sshi" It was Joohyun, "You know smoking for minor are prohibited, right?"

 

"Joohyun, this isn't mine"

 

"You do know that smoking near school grounds is a serious offense. For a week, you'll be suspended" She continued.

 

"I didn't-"

 

"Cutting classes is also against the rule and that would be suspension for one day. Going in this rooftop calls for detention"

 

Taehyung threw the cigratte and the lighter. Joohyun flinched. "So what now? You're in here, as well"

 

"Meet me in the SC office for your suspension slip then please proceed to the principal" Joohyun said for the last time and walked away, "Don't worry, I'll put myself into detention before you do"

 

Once Joohyun was completely out, she cried. Taehyung was indeed, changing. He was no longer the Taehyung whom she loved and known for years.

 

 

“WHAT HAPPENED TO NOT WORKING FOR 3 DAYS BAE JOOHYUN?” Seungwan rushed to their office with Seulgi, Jimin and Hoseok trying to calm her down during lunch.

 

All of them were surprised o see a crying, pale and tired Joohyun. “What happened?” Seulgi approached her.

 

“I needed to work” Joohyun replied calmly, “I need to..”

 

“Joo, you have to rest. You don’t look healthy anymore” Hoseok tried helping.

 

“I need to work to distract me from Taehyung” Joohyun’s tear fell down once again, “It hurts”

 

“What happened exactly?” Jimin asked and saw the offense slip on her table that was erased and slightly crumpled, “Taehyung smoked?”

 

“He was about to” Joohyun looked at them, “I need to go to the principal’s office before he can” She marched out and went to the princial’s office. To her surprise, Taehyung was already in there.

 

“What brings you here, Bae Joohyun?” The principal asked.

 

“I’m about to report something” Joohyun looked at Taehyung who’s eyes are focused on the principal.

 

“Well, it it about the cigarette on the rooftop? KimTaehyung here just surrendered some in here”

 

“Yes, I was about to report that too” Joohyun said.

 

“By the way, what are you doing in the rooftop? You both know that rooftop is prohibited, right?”

 

“I we-” “I asked Kim Taehyung to come with me and check since it’s been weeks since I heard the rumors about it” Taehyung looked at Joohyun, surprised. She was supposed to expose him. She was about to give him a punishment.

 

“Good job both of you. We’ll be having general assembly regarding this. You may go”

 

The two bowed and went their separate ways without talking to each other and bowing to each other. For them, it’s too late