Sixteen

The Juveniles.

"Hyung, I'm going to ask Sooyoung to be my date this weekend. Would it be okay with you?"

 

Jimin laughed, "You know it's okay with me. Ask the 'other' brother and my sister!"

 

"But it's the Kims' party, do you think?..." There's no need for Jungkook to finish his question for the hyung knew it already.

 

"You know what Jungkook, as much as I want to tell you to 'Do whatever you want', I know it's hard. So just try. If things got complicated,  I'll be my sister's salvation and you, suffer on your own"

 

"Thanks,  Hyung" Jungkook smiled,  "I'll be taking her out tonight"

 

"Just bring her home by 9 and complete" Jimin smiled back. 

 

---

 

"Seungwan-ah" Hoseok approached Seungwan by her locker. 

 

"Hobi.. " Nervously,  she called back. 

 

"Can you accompany me to choose a tux for Jin's birthday?"

 

She wanted to ask why, "But I'm sorry I have a practice at 5:00"

 

"We still have two hours. So?  For old times' sake" Hoseok tapped her shoulder. 

 

And by 'old times sake',  it means 'back to when they were friends'. Seungwan had no choice but to say yes and come with him. If Hobi acts or really feel nothing but back to being friends then she could do it too. It is something she had been convincing herself with ever since she gave up on pursuing him. The shopping wasn't that long since Hoseok knows what store and what kind of design would he like to buy. Wendy only sat there as he waited for Hoseok to come out of the fitting room.

 

"Ma'am,  your boyfriend is about to be done" One staff had interrupted Seungwan from reading her magazine. 

 

"Oh no,  he's not-" She wasn't able to finish because the guy he loved the most just went out of the fitting room,  dazzling and breath taking.  Hoseok is the simple kind of guy when it comes to clothing so whenever he would dress up,  it would be a new sight to everyone and that moment came.

 

Seungwan could've swore that her breathing stopped and her heart pumped a faster rate that she could've remembered. Here's the guy she loves,  asked her to come with him, taking in her heart for the nth time only to realize that it would be broken for the nth time once again. And from then on she knew she couldn't continue being friends with him.  She knew she can't come to the party or else,  she won't take it anymore. 

 

"Oppa" Wendy smiled at Rose before turning her attention to Yoongi. 

 

"Well,  you're late" Yoongi looked at her in a disapproving manner.

 

"I know and I'm sorry that's why I'm here.  I'm sorry I can't come to the party"

 

"Wendy,  is there a problem?" Rose asked in concern. 

 

"Nothing" Seungwan smiled at her,  "It's just...  an emergency came up and I need to attend to this"

 

"What kind of emergency?" Being the genius,  Yoongi knows she is lying. 

 

"I received a call from a family friend,  asking if I could drop by the weekend and have dinner"

 

"Okay then" Yoongi just agreed and  Seungwan knows that he knows.

 

On the other hand,  Joohyun had finished three sections and had collected all of the data needed from the previous papers. She looked at them and decided to drop them by over the Kim's so she won't be dealing with Taehyung anymore. Among them,  she had no plans on going to the party. What's the point? She knows the youngest son won't like her there. Shutting the computer down,  she stood up and did some stretching.  It's almost 7:30 in the evening so she decided to go home. She carried the piles of books and papers with so much difficulty that she hailed a taxi for it.

 

She rang the doorbell twice before a housemaid welcomed her and asked her to come inside,  "Oh no, I just want to give these back to Namjoon sunbae"

 

"Beautiful lady, I'm old enough to carry those. Please do come in" The ahjumma just laughed and Joohyun had no choice but to go inside and follow her.

 

"Please wait here as I call for Sir Namjoon"

 

"Oh no,  please,  I'll just leave them here. No need to disturb sunbae"

 

"Are you sure young miss?" The ahjumma asked.

 

"Yes. Thank you. Tell Namjoon, I said thank you. I'll be going" She bowed one last time and saw Kim Seokjin entering the house. 

 

"Oh. Irene,  what brings you here?" Seokjin asked. 

 

"Nothing, Oppa.  I just dropped these year books that I borrowed from Namjoon sunbae"

 

"Being a president is hard,  eo? " Seokjin himself was a former president. He was the president before Namjoon.

 

"It's manageable" Joohyun laughed,  "It's getting late,  I need to go home. I'll see you around"

 

"What do you mean by 'around', I'm gonna see you this weekend,  right?" His eyebrows twitched. 

 

"About that,  I'll be staying late for the yearbook. We agreed that we would do the yearbook on weekend and I, together with Lalisa would spend the night at school. I'm sorry,  I can't come at your party, but I'll ask Seulgi to hand over my present" She explained.  If Namjoon's the chill type of President,  Seokjin is kind of, strict and wants everything to go with his plan. 

 

"Okay then. I'll be waiting.  It better be good" They laughed together and Yeri entered the house.

 

"Oh hey  sister-in-law,  what brings you here?  Looking for my idiot brother?" She stood between the two.

 

"Oh no.  I just gave those yearbooks back. I need to go" Joohyun bowed at the two and before she could take a step, "Wait. Yeri,  call your 'idiot' brother and ask him to walk Irene on her way home"

 

"IDIOT" Yeri calls her brother as he yelled her nickname for him.

 

"No no no. It's okay,  really! There's no need!" Joohyun is in panic. What if Taehyung would only be mad at her for disturbing him?

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yes. I can manage" She faked a smile.

 

"Why are you guys being so noisy?" Someone who had asked from the stairs and by the voice,  Joohyun could recognize it was Taehyung's voice. 

 

"Oh,  here you are,  take Joo-"

 

"Oppa,  I'll be taking my leave now" Joohyun had tushed outside and ran to their home.

 

"Hey idiot,  it was Irene.  Just so you know" Yeri walked pass Taehyung and he was shocked.

 

"Is there any problem,  Tae?" And from there,  he knew he receive the same lecture as Namjoon.  Couldn't anyone just understand and takr his side?

 

---

 

"Well there you are. I'm not used to seeing you getting home late" Seulgi welcomed Joohyun with her, cooking.

 

"I went to the Kims" Joohyun smiled and walked to her, dropping her bag in the couch during the process.

 

Seulgi gasped,  "Why?  You barely tell us something Baechu and I swear something is wrong with you and Taehyung"

 

"Well,  it's really nothing since Taehyung had decided to stop pursuing me...  After all of these years" Joohyun smiled just like nothing but her eyes says otherwise.

 

"Joohyun..."

 

"After all these years,  why?  Why when I needed his support and why when I already, really love him already"

 

"Because all guys are s" Seungwan came out of her room with the same face that Joohyun has. 

 

"Not you as well" Seulgi rolled her eyes jokingly. 

 

"They can't wait. That is. They want it instant" Seungwan continued.

 

"I won't be going to the party.  Already notified Yoongi oppa" Seungwan shared and Joohyun nodded, "Me too. I personally told Jin Oppa" Joohyun said.

 

"What! Both of you will leave me alone???" Seulgi stopped cutting onions for awhile.

 

"You won't be alone.  You have Jimin" Joohyun frowned.

 

"If there's someone who would be alone at the party,  it would be us"

 

"And you're leaving me out??? I'm a 'goddess'!  Nevermind Jimin,  he has the boys.  You need me and I won't trade my time for other people for you" Seulgi said,  and from there despite all of their own heartbreaks and problems,  they know they still have each other.  Someone to lean on and someone who'll wait for them even it takes forever.