Twenty Three

The Juveniles.

As you've noticed I replied to your comments and honestly, reading your comments made me update. Seriously. I told you that the last update was the last updtae of the month but as I've read your comments, I was hyped up and ideas came coming so I had to update. So drop a comment, it really helps me in updating and by the way, You asked for VRene, I shall give you one! Enjoy! Don't forget to check my other BTSVELVET stories on wattpad!


“Let’s talk?”

 

Two words. Two words that made Taehyung’s heart pound faster and louder early in the morning. It is only morning and his body was completely flushed. What now? What are they going to talk about? He knows it was because of him and one way or the other, he knows that whatever that he had with Joohyun would be over.

 

“Just a coffee would do. Maybe an hour or two is good?”

 

Another text that had Joohyun sent. ‘Think Taehyung, think’ He thought. ‘What do you feel?’ He was reflecting on his self and thinking about what scenarios would happen later because it was too sudden for him and he haven’t even any conclusions to his questions himself. His love for Joohyun, his self; can he still wait? can he do it? But despite all this, deep inside him, he knows he’s afraid.

 

“If you’re busy today with your family, then might as well talk in school? I understand it’s family time today”

 

“Okay. You choose the place and time”

 

“Alright. Maybe this morning, eleven at Serendipity Cafe sounds good?”

 

“Okay”

 

“Okay” Joohyun mumbled as she read Taehyung’s reply. After they had fun, Joohyun had thought things over. She’s hurt and she had to make a move. Deeply hurt by whatever’s going on between he and Taehyung. She can’t run away anymore. She has to face it. She would be at ease that way. She’ll accept whatever Taehyung has to say but in what she sees, it would definitely be the end. Their end. She cried her heart out that night because she expects that it would be like that. She knows she’ll cry a river, heck she may cry an ocean but she’ll know a closure would be good to help her move on and maybe, just maybe, it would come one day.

Looking at herself in the mirror, the puffy and baggy eyes, the new black hair, the dry skin and lips, Joohyun realize that she’s a living mess. She frowned upon seeing herself, “Why do you look so sad? Why are you sad? Why are you so unfortunate?” And another tear has escaped on her eye, “Fighting Bae Joohyun” Grabbing her cap and sitting it on her head, she went out of her room to see Hoseok and Jimin as well.

 

“Oh Joo, you’re up! Lunch is almost ready, let’s wait” Hoseok greeted her with all smiles and the girl could only return much.

 

“You going somewhere?” Jimin asked, with an apron coming out of the kitchen.

 

“No, if you’re going to work on a Sunday, Bae Joohyun I’m really telling you that I won’t tolerate it this time” Seungwan went out of the kitchen, looking cute with her apron on.

 

“Love..” Hoseok called her girlfriend to calm her down and Seulgi went out of the kitchen as well.

 

“Don’t worry Seungwan, I’m going to meet a friend at Serendipity Cafe for an hour or two and to prove it to you, here is my phone, I’ll leave it” Joohyun handed the phone to Seulgi who was waiting at the dining table with Hoseok, “Do you want me to buy coffees for you there?”

 

“I want an Iced Americano at Kingdom Cafe”

 

“Babe, that’s 5 blocks away from here” Jimin hissed and Seungwan looked at Seulgi. Seulgi’s eyes were sad and looking at Joohyun as well. She’s putting gain those fake smile.

 

“I want a Moccha too” Seungwan understand what Seulgi has meant.

 

“Love!” Hoseok called Seungwan’s attention and halfly scolding her.

 

“Okay” Joohyun nodded with full smiles, “I’ll be going then. See you later” She then went out of their home to meet Taehyung, maybe for the last time.

 

“Babe, Why did you even do that?” Jimin asked her girlfriend in shock.

 

“She’ll need it” Seulgi gave a faint smile to Jimin before turning Joohyun’s phone off. She doesn’t need to explain to them what will happen tonight for she saw that Taehyung had messaged Joohyun, ‘See you’

 

It was 10:45 when Joohyun arrived, she needs to be on time because she doesn’t want Taehyung to be disappointed and besides, she’s the one who set this up. She loved how this cafe stayed so peaceful despite many people are going in here. The waiter approached her and asked for her order and she asked for a hot chocolate and asked for it to be served later when her company comes. Fast forward to 11:30 and Joohyun was still seating on the exact spot, thinking of what she’ll say and she’ll do. It is as if her original purpose was so unclear to her because she’s too nervous.

 

“Sorry for being late” Taehyung sat across her and apologized for being late.

 

“It’s okay’ Joohyun smiled and looked at everywhere except for Taehyung’s eyes, “Do you want something?” She asked and the waiter came, served her hot chocolate.

 

“No, thank you” He wanted to compliment Joohyun on her new hair. She looked even younger with black hair. He thought she was already a beauty with blonde or light brown but black just looks breathtaking on her.

 

“V...” Joohyun had started and inhaled deeply, “Can I ask you, three question? You can ask me too but I’m only asking for three..”

 

He nodded slowly and Joohyun started, “How are you?”

 

Why? Why is Joohyun so selfless?? Taehyung was shocked. He was supposed to be asking that to Joohyun. He moticed everything, the baggy eyes, the dry skin and lips, the weight loss and all and yet, she asked him, how is he?!

 

“I’m fine, Irene. Thank you for asking” He replied. He wanted to asked her the same but it’s obviously she’s not well.

 

“Have you given up on me?” Joohyun threw the second question and this time, she finally had the courage to look into Taehyung’s eyes and the boy was so lost. Her eyes were even sadder than her frown and pale skin. When Joohyun got impatient she let out a scoff and nodded, “I see.. Silence means..”

 

“Whatever’s going on between us, it’s over right?” Taehyung looked down and a big frown became evident on his face, trying to surpress the tears that he didn’t know that formed.

 

“Kim Taehyung” Joohyun called him, “Thank you for the beautiful years you’ve shown me and the patience and love that I didn’t deserve. I’m sorry I’m weak. I’m sorry I can’t give what you want but, please know that you’re the first guy whoever showed genuine interest in me and that holds a special place in me. We can be friends, but not maybe tomorrow or the next month or the month after the next, heck it would maybe even take up a year but, when the right time comes, I hope I can still see you supporting me as a friend”

 

She gulped down the hot chocoloate that is stlll evidently hot and tears came out of her eyes, “An hour is up, thank you for coming, Taehyung. See you around school”

 

As Joohyun stepped out of the cafe, she hid on one pillar and cried her heart out in there. She was making a loud cry that got other people’s attention but she doesn’t care at all. As for Taehyung, he didn’t see it coming but he also cried. He was never the type to cry but when it comes, it comes. Everyone inside the cafe was looking at him because he was sniffing and gasping for air and then he would make soft cries. It was really the end. They ended what wasn’t even started.


DON'T KILL ME.