Twenty Seven

The Juveniles.

Seungwan sighed deeply while their Physics professor was discussing in front for the last time this year.

 

"Is there a problem, my love?" Hoseok, who heard her, held her hand.

 

"It's just that, I miss Joohyun already" Seungwan pouted and turned her head to Hobi, "Can we visit her this week?"

 

Joohyun went home to Daegu a week after her talk with Taehyung. She asked for the principal for her early christmas break because she was confined that week due to fatigue and stress. The doctor told her to get some rest. If she worked extra hard on the yearbook these past few weeks, then that week, she worked extra extra hard. She never left their office and only goes home to wash up and change.

 

"My love, you know we had plans for the holidays" Hoseok put some strands of her hair behind her ear, "But we could visit her today, after school?"

 

Of course, Hoseok is THAT boyfriend, he would do everything just to make Seungwan happy, "Oh my goodness, really? Can we spend the night there then proceed to our holiday plan the next day?"

 

"Sure" Hoseok nodded and sweetly smiled at her.

 

"I'm telling Seulgi now" Seungwan smiled brightly and started to scribble on her notebook while Hoseok listened back to their teacher.

 

-

 

"Are we all set?" Seulgi was all smiles at the four people (Jimin, Sooyoung, Seungwan and Hobi) who was waiting for her at their lobby.

 

"Uhm.. Babe..." Jimin bit his lip in nervousness and all attention was on him, "We already have a ride"

 

"Really, are you bringing your driver?" She asked.

 

"No, someone insisted to come" Jimin said and just then Taehyung came in their lobby to tell them that the car is ready.

 

Seulgi and Seungwan weren't mad at Taehyung but were disappointed at him. They chose to understand why THAT happened because that's what Joohyun asked for and she explained everything to them. It's just that of course, there's this little distance and awkwardness around them.

 

"Jimin, isn't the train going to be much faster?" Seungwan asked.

 

"Hi guys, the car is ready" Taehyung greeted them and Seulgi just looked at Jimin and Seungwan bit her lower lip.

 

"Oppa, isn't the train faster than car? It's holiday, I'm sure it would be traffic" Sooyoung voulnteered herself to speak the other party.

 

"Well, you have a point. Let's just ask to drop us at the terminal then" Taehyung smiled at them, "Let's go?"

 

They were now settled in the train and Jimin decided to sit with Taehyung since Seulgi wanted to sit with Sooyoung for 'sister-in-law bonding' according to Jimin. "What made you want to come?"

 

"I don't know.. i just really want to see how is she doing.." Taehyung replied while watching how the scenery outside went by so fast.

 

"Bro, you know it's never too late" Jimin patted his shoulder.

 

"I hope so" He replied, "How can I be so stupid, Jimin?"

 

"Tae, you are not. Maybe you just got really tired and confused. That's normal"

 

"I don't think so, Chim. If that's it then I don't love her that much which is I doubt is true because I do"

 

Jimin frowned and nodded, "You have a point. But Taehyung, do you really love her?"

 

"I do, Jimin. Heck God knows how much I love her" Taehyung rubbed his face with his palms our of frustration, "And I can't understand why do I have to go through that phase"

 

"I don't know the answer to that Tae but one thing's for sure, she loves you too she's just scared that she's not good enough for you"

 

"I am stupid"

 

"We do stupid things when we're in love" Jimin smiled and looked at Seulgi who's laughing out with his sister.

 

-

 

"Honey, can you do some grocery? We're having guests tomorrow?" Joohyun's mom asked from thw kitchen.

 

"Alright" Joohyun got the list and went to her mom to get the money.

 

"Ask Seungcheol to help you. That's a lot"

 

"Who are we inviting anyway? Are we going to have an adopted family tomorrow?"

 

"They're long time friends" Her mom replied.

 

"Oh.. Okay" Joohyun then shrugged and went out. She wasn't going to invite Seungcheol because it's been years since the last time they've seen each other and it would be awkward as hell if she would pop in to his door and say, 'Hey Cheollie, mind to catch some groceries with me?'. Only if Taehyung- nope, thou shall not think about it nor mention him. (Yes, I get it, Joohyun. I'm sorry)

 

"Bunny!" A familiar nickname was shouted as Joohyun was walking her way to the grocery store. She turned around and saw Seungcheol running towards her.

 

"Why aren't you wearing a scarf in this cold winter?" He asked.

 

"Well, hello there" Joohyun greeted shyly. "It's not even that cold. You know how Daegu's temperature is"

 

"Yeah, don't remind me, Seoul girl" Seungcheol mocked her with an attempt of Seoul accent, "That's the thing because it's always hot here in Daegu, I wasn't always a fan of winter"

 

Joohyun laughed awkwardly, "You'll survive"

 

"By the way, how are you? I heard that you came early for the holiday"

 

"I'm fine. Busy with school but I can manage" Liar. You even barely survibe with all the loads in school plus personal life. (I'm cautious now, Joohyun)

 

Seungcheol nodded, "Until when are you gonna be in here?"

 

"Actually, I'm planning to stay here for a while" Joohyun replied, "I'm going to take online classes of our subject but I'm not yet sure, I'll have to ask my mom"

 

"Oh my god. Bunny is gonna be back!" Seungcheol danced out of nowhere.

 

"Stop it. You're embarrassing" She hissed and hit his arm for him to stop.

 

"Why? Can't I be happy if my bestfriend is going to be back? We're gonna do tooooons of things to make up the years you left me"

 

"Okay okay. I'm sorry" She apologized and entered the store.

 

On the other hand, Joohyun's friends just arrived at the Bae residence and was welcomed by their mom. Seungwan, Seulgi helped after they have settled their things to their room. The girls would all be staying at Joohyun's room and the boys would be sharing the guest room. Sooyoung and the boys were just in the living room looking around, waiting for Joohyun's arrival and the food to be finished. Seungwan wanted to keep it as a surprise that's why she coordinated it with her mom.

 

After a good 10mins more, two people came in the house, shivering from the cold. "Seungcheol, put this back" Joohyun unwrapped the scarf that Seungcheol lend her. Seungcheol was bringing the groceries so Joohyun had to wrap it around his neck for him. The guests were shocked at the scene and was worried at Taehyung. They looked at him and all he have is a expressionless face but deep down inside, everyone knows that he is hurting.

 

"Let's bring those to the kitchen. Eomma's-" When Joohyun lifted her gaze up, she was shocked to see her friends but what shocked her more was Taehyung, standing on her house.

 

"SURPRISE UNNIE" Sooyoung popped the bubble and ran towards Joohyun to hug her.

 

"Guys, why are you in here?"

 

"Don't you like it?" Seungwan asked, hurt a little because she was expecting that she will be happily surprised not confused-surprised.

 

"I do! I am happy!" Joohyun defended, "It's just, very unexpected to see you all in here"

 

"Seungwan really missed you so I thought we'll all spend one night here first then we'll go tomorrow for our holiday plan" Hoseok explained.

 

"Bunny, I'll bring these to eomma" Seungchol silently excused himself and grabbed the bags from Joohyun.

 

"Thank you Cheol" She smiled faintly at him.

 

Seulgi followed the guy's figure and eyed Joohyun, asking for an explanation on who is he. "Oh that's my childhood bestfriend, Seungcheol"

 

"Chilhood bestfriend, huh" Seulgi's small eyes even got smaller, doubting her friend. Jimin on the other hand looked at Taehyung who's doing pretty good in controlling his expression.

 

"LET'S EAT" Everyone was gathered on the dining table and thanked Joohyun's mom for the feast. They waited for her to have the first bite so they could eat then.

 

"Wannie, Seul, thank you for taking care of Joohyun" Her mom started, "When she first transferred to Seoul, she was really afraid but you guided her and I will be forever thankful for that"

 

"We all figured Seoul together" Seulgi replied.

 

"Taehyung-ssi," Her mom called and the guy paused from eating, "thank you as well, because you've been taking care of our Hyunnie so well too"

 

Joohyun has always been open to her mom. She tells her everything (up until recently) so her mom knows how important Taehyung is to Joohyun's life. Everything turned awkward after that and the girls could only look at Taehyung worriedly.

 

"We look out for each other, Mrs. Bae. I mean, all of us, not just me" He humbly replied.

 

"If that so, then I would like to thank everyone" Her mom smiled warmly at them.

 

Dinner was done and everyone helped in cleaning up and everyone was getting ready to turned in the night. Joohyun's dad came and met the guests too.

 

"Don't you wanna talk to her?" Hoseok asked Taehyung.

 

"It's not yet the right time, Hobi. I just wanted to see her and that's all I wanted ever right now" Taehyung replied.

 

"But aren't you affected about what happened a while ago?" Jimin asked, pertaining to Seungcheol featuring the scarf.

 

"Will it make any difference if I am?" Taehyung replied non-chantly.

 

"He's very sad" The girls are discussing amongst them in their room. Seulgi, Seungwan and Sooyoung stopped and looked at Joohyun who's sitting on the edge of her bed.

 

"Unnie.."

 

"He wanted to come" Seulgi honestly said, "Jimin told me he wanted to see how are you doing"

 

"I'm fine"

 

"No, you aren't" Seungwan said.

 

"But, I was doing fine before he came. I'm doing a good job moving on"

 

"Didn't you tell your mom why were you sent here in advance?" Here comes Seungwan eomma.

 

Joohyun shook her head. "Joohyun, just please share some of your burden with us"

 

'Coffee?' Joohyun's phone beeped in the middle of discussion and read the pop up. Her heart started to race and as if she forgot that Seungwan is scolding her.

 

"I need to get down. Please sleep first without me" Joohyun rushed out of her room and went downstairs to see Taehyung, already sitting on the dining with only one light .

 

Taehyung acknowledged her presence and waited for her to sit down with him. She made her way to the kitchen to make two cups of instant coffee and after a minute or two, coffee was served and found herself seating beside Taehyung. No one was talking. Only the people upstairs bickering could be heard. No one wanted to start because they don't know what to talk about.

 

Taehyung remembered a box that he have a long time ago and slid it towards Joohyun. Shocked, Joohyun didn't know if she'll receive it or not. "Merry Christmas" He greeted, even if it's five days away.

 

Joohyun decided to receive it and opened it. She gasped upon seeing what's hidden on a small box, "Taehyung, I can't-"

 

"I bought that ring last christmas because I promised myself that you'll be my girlfriend the next (christmas) so that would be the perfect gift but things happened but still, I wanted to give it to you" Taehyung explained.

 

"Taehyung," She said, "This is too much, I don't even have the right to-"

 

"I already got the perfect gift" Taehyung smiled.

 

"Huh? My gift is nothing compared to yours" Joohyun got confused.

 

"You called me Taehyung again" Taehyung looked at him and smiled, "That means a lot to me"

 

Taehyung sipped some of his coffee and say nothing again. Joohyun leaned back and held her cup. No one was talking again. They are only finishing the coffee and when both of them were done, Taehyung stood up, "Let's call it a day. Thank you for the coffee, it really warmed me up" He was about to go up when Joohyun called him.

 

He saw Joohyun go to their christmas tree so he followed and waited for her as she go through the gifts under, "Merry Christmas, Taehyung"

 

If Joohyun was surprised, Taehyung was more surprised. He opened it in front of her and also, it was revealed a box, he opened it and saw a Gucci wristwatch. "I'm going to be honest, that cost me a lot and I saved a good half year on that because I think that would be a good gift as I take you to be my boyfriend on your birthday but as you've said, things happened so, Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday, Kim Taehyung"

 

Joohyun forgot that she wrote a letter to him. A letter that contains her feelings and thoughts as his girlfriend but Taehyung chose to hide it from her. Because he wants to feel what is it like to be her boyfriend even if it's through a letter.

 

This might be the perfect christmas for them as they've planned a year ago but a lot of things happened in just a year.