Fifteen

The Juveniles.

"Taehyung-ah, please hand these over to Joohyun" Namjoon, Taehyungs older brother had given him piles of papers, "She texted me last night and asked me about these papers"

 

"Hyung, this is a lot" Taehyung was having a hard time carrying it.

 

"Yeah, so? What's the matter?"

 

"Does this mean she'll overwork once again?" He asked.

 

"Well, it will depend on her. If she chose to manage her time well, then no but if she wishes to dedicate all of her time in here, then yes" The older honestly answered.

 

"Why are you even asking my lovely brother? Didn't you make Joo unnie cry?" The youngest appeared and leaned on a door frame while crossing her arms.

 

"Shut up, Kim Yerim"

 

"Wait-" Namjoon got confused, "You guys fought?"

 

"Nope. I guess this brother of mine finally surrendered" The brat continued.

 

"Taehyung-ah..." Namjoon said.

 

Without knowing, the two boys are out along the streets of their home. Namjoon invited Taehyung for a morning walk since he knows that his brother has a problem regarding Joohyun. He knows why the two couldn't work and as a former president himself, he needs to explain more about the responsibilities that Joohyun carries.

 

"So, what exactly happened?"

 

"I don't know, hyung. I guess I'm getting tired" Taehyung answered in all honesty.

 

"Taehyung, I don't know if this would help but as the former president, I know how hard things could be. Joohyun carries a lot of resposibilities. Every student is her responsibility. Every student that needs to be voiced out, it would be Joohyun. From day to day, you need to make a report or if not, check the reports being made by your co- officers, down to the minutes of the meeting, budget report, complain report, you name it. She also needs to check every class if there's a problem, every kid who's been out to detention and the school programs were all on Joohyun. Literally, Joohyun is the center of the school; student-teacher-administration" Taehyung was surprised to hear that. He only knew she was busy with school programs. That's it.

 

"But still, despite everything, she still makes some time for her friends and for.. you" Namjoon continued.

 

"Barely" He mumbled.

 

"Barely is still considered lucky" Namjoon smiled, "When I was the president, I didn't have a time for friends and for our family, remember?"

 

"I understand her, hyung"

 

"No, you don't" Namjoon stopped that made the younger stop as well, "Let's say she agreed to date you. How do you wish your relatioship would be?"

 

"I guess, go to school together, attend class together, have lunch together, study together and date during the weekends"

 

"See, that's why she doesn't want to date you. Yet"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I already told you all of her responsibilities, right?" Namjoon smiled, "She's afraid she won't have any time for you and you'll demand a lot of time because you're her 'boyfriend' which is natural to seek time, attention and affection but with all that, she knows she can't give everything"

 

"Then what should I do, hyung?"

 

"Think about it really hard, Taehyung. It would be tough on you to understand her part and it would be tough on her to try to make you into her top priorities"

 

---

 

"Chim, can we please watch a movie tonight?" Seulgi pleaded while both of them are holding hands on their way to school.

 

"Seul, you know we have to evaluate juniors today" He chuckled.

 

Seulgi pouted and removed her hand, "Psh. What a lame excuse" She mumbled, "We could watch it after"

 

Jimin stopped and held her pouting girlfriend, "You know that we would finish late today because we're going to perform this upcoming dance festival. What about you join the dance team? You're a good dancer babe"

 

"Well, why don't you transfer to the art club? You and I know that you're a good artist"She fought back.

 

"This petty arguement won't go anywhere. We'll watch a movie this sunday. I promise"

 

"You better take me Park Jimin. We barely go out to date" Seulgi started walking and Jimin followed, hugging her while walking.

 

"Senior Year is busy. We're going to have an exam soon"

 

"Yeah yeah. Don't remind me"

 

"I love you, Seul" Jimin said out of nowhere. Seulgi stopped and took a deep breathe bfore facing Jimin once again, "Chim.." Seulgi could see fear in his eyes every now and then. She knows that he's scared that both of them would break up once again.

 

"I love you more than you could imagine, Park Jimin. I, promise that I won't leave you no matter what would happen between us"

 

"Don't promise, Seul. Promises are meant to be broken"

 

"I won't promise because I would do it" Seulgi smiled, "Park Jimin, marry me when the time comes, arasseo?"

 

"Why are you the one proposing? It should be me"

 

"Let's just say that in our relationship, you love me more that's why you won't leave me and you, on the inside still doubts and still scared that  make break up with you once again, so take this as an assurance that we won't ever break up... Unless you want to"

 

Jimin kissed Seulgi on the lips, "I would never do that"

 

"Don't promise. Do it" She said before wrapping her arms around Jimin to kiss him.

 

"Forget it. I'll try to talk to Hobi if we could push the practice by next week" Jimin said after breaking the kiss.

 

Seulgi punched Jimin slightly on the stomach, "Don't you dare mention me for your excuse"

 

"Ah wae?"

 

"Your juniors would hate me more" She shouted as she continues to walk.

 

Before the bell could ring, Taehyung knocked on the student council's office to see a busy Joohyun alone. "Oh Taehyung-sshi, what brought you here?"

 

"Namjoon hyung wanted me to hand these to you. I believe you requested them"

 

"Ah" She tried to get the pile of yearbooks and documents from him but he stepped back, "Wae?"

 

"Where would I put it?" Taehyung asked.

 

"At my table" She said.

 

Taehyung got inside and put them on top. "Kahmsamnida" Joohyun thanked Taehyung formally, "You may go now. You might be late"

 

"Aren't you attendi-"

 

"BAE JOOHYUN MY LOVE SO SWEET" Someone sang that got Taehyung surprised/annoyed.

 

"Not again" Joohyun bit her lips and mumbled.

 

"GOOD MORNING MY JOO- Bwoya. I thought he's gone" The guy said.

 

"I'm still alive, Kim Heechul-sshi" Taehyung sarcastically smiled at him.

 

"Heechul-sshi, what are you doing here early in the morning?" Joohyun nervously asked the guy letting out with little laughs.

 

"Oh, I wanted to give these flowers because a flower like you needs to have companion in this lonely room" He poetically declared.

 

"I appreciate them, but, I don't think it's necessary" Joohyun said.

 

"Just take them. I bet you haven't received something like this from your admirers" He looked at Taehyung and the playful scoffed.

 

"It's because I don't think it's practical. I mean, they would all just die....?"

 

Heechul gasped, "Should I buy the plastic ones?"

 

"Plastic is..." Joohyun was trying to think of something that would convince Heechul to stop, "bad for the environment?"

 

"Joohyun doesn't like anything" Taehyung said out of anger.

 

"But you're a girl" Heechul said.

 

Joohyun was hurt at Taehyung's words because she knew it was a double meaning, "Well I'm different. I'm sorry I have lots of work to do and I'll appreciate it if both of you would go back to classes"

 

"But please accept this. They're are pretty heavy" Heechul pleaded.

 

"Arasso. Gomawo Heechul-sshi" Joohyun got them and Taehyung walked out of the room.

 

"I hope you'll like them" Heechuk said for the last time and went off as well.

 

Joohyun breathed out her soul out and dropped the flowers on her table, "Why is it so hard? It's really game over"