Twenty Five

The Juveniles.

"Kim Yerim, you're just in time for dinner" Mrs. Kim had called their youngest daughter's attention but she just walked passed through them.

 

"KIM YERIM COME BACK HERE!" Her dad yelled making her stop. She turned around and everyone on the table was surprised to see her crying.

 

"What do you want, Dad?" Yeri asked. Tired. Too tired. Emotionally.

 

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

 

"Oh, so now you're interested to know what's happening in my poor life?" Yeri asked sarcastically.

 

"Kim Yerim, that's enough!" Jin interrupted.

 

"Wow" Yeri scoffed, "Okay, I'll tell you what's going on... Today, I was just asked by my supposedly bestfriend for my blessing so she could date the guy I like. I went home all broken because I knew I never stood any chance against her. I knew that I could never be happy and my little of a life worth then I come home, my dad asking me a dinner only to know that he'll be gone again in the next morning. Well good news dad, I'm used to your routine that I'm even surprised by that you're home. What are you gonna buy me next? A doll to make up for your 5 month absence again? Well guess what Dad, your daighter needs you more than he needs all of those gifts. When was the last time I saw you anyway? Was it two months ago? Oh yeah, it was one of my brother's birthday and engagement party! Oh wait, is he even my brother? Sorry, I couldn't remember. I thought he was just a border in this house. That's what's happening in my life, Dad. Sorry it wasn't that good nor interesting. I'm tired from all of these"

 

"Would you please excuse me, mom?" Jin, being the eldest wanted to talk to their sister. He's gonna get married anytime soon and he thought that it'd be great if he will be closer to his siblings and act more as a brother to them.

 

*Knock knock*

 

"Whoever you are, please go away. I don't want talk to anyone tonight" He heard from the other side of the door but still, he went inside. Typical Yeri, still not used to locking her door.

 

"Well that was harsh" Jin started.

 

"Go away Jin. I told you I'm not in the mood" Yeri answered.

 

"Well if you truly don't want to talk, then why is your door unlocked?" He asked, sarcastically but the youngest did not bother to answer.

 

"Yeri, I'm sorry if you ever felt that way. The way you felt when Dad was away, when I wasn't really becoming of a brother" Yeri isn't responding but she still listens, "In our life, we have sacrifices to do to make the people of our life happy. Everything might not go exactly as planned and it will hurt you as much as you could imagine but you know, seeing their faces at the end of the day, happy, yyou know that sacrifices are all worth it. Whenever dad sees you eating, enjoying all of the luxuries, I know he's beyond happy even if it took his time away from his kids. When you grow up, you would understand how hard is it to keep up with living"

 

"I'm sorry to if I was never a brother to you. Yerim, I am your brother. I know I have a lot of things that I haven't done to become one, but please know that I do care about all of you in my heart" Jin continued, "I grew up being distant to the three of you so could respect me as your brother and be the best brother that you have when mom and dad is away. I had to take responsibility. I had to learn everything at a young age because I don't want you to sacrifice your childhood and get to business as early as me. Namjoon, Taehyung, You... God, there were so many times that I could remember how I wanted to join hide and seek, playing under the rain and just talking to you, talking about your crushes, how did your day went, all of those but, I was inside the study room instead. I am not asking you to thank me, but, those are the sacrifices I made to see my siblings free from the stress of business world"

 

Hearing all of Jin's confession, Yeri sat up, tears still running down from her sad eyes, "I'm sorry"

 

Jin shook his head and wiped Yeri's tears, "No, you don't have to apologize"

 

"I just feel so alone growing up, I just wanted someone who would be there with me 24/7, supporting me with what I do and-" She paused for a while because she was cathcing her breath, "Sooyoung was thw only one I have who could understand me fully but I got so selfish and jealous because she has everything. A brother, a family, wealth, good looks and I ruined it. I feel so lonely"

 

"Hey, you also have those. It is you who failed to see everything. You have us- Namjoon, Taehyung and me. You have mom and dad, you have money and you're the prettiest among all girls I've ever known. Shh, don't tell mom and Jisoo" He joked which made Yeri chuckle, "Yerim, don't ever think that you're alone again. You have me, I even know everything about you despite 'not being a good brother', in fact you and I have one thing in common"

 

"And that is?"

 

"Both of us loves pink" Yeri chuckled again and Jin came closer to hug her, "Tonight, you apologize and have a heart to heart talk with dad. He'll understand you but please you have to understand him too"

 

"Thank you, oppa" Yeri parted.

 

"Wow that's good to hear" Jin breathed deeply, "Yerim, I wanted to thank the guy that broke your heart and to Sooyoung, to be honest because if not, I wouldn't have known what you were feeling about me and dad, we won't be able to talk about this. And besides, I'm not ready to give away my sister yet, we are just about to have our time!"

 

Downstairs, Namjoon is waiting for Jin to know what they had talked about but their front door opened and was welcomed by the third son. "Well, where were you today little guy?" He asked Taehyung who just got home, in uniform, in reeks of alcohol and cigarette.

 

"None of your business" He simply answered and went straight to his room.

 

"Was that Taehyung?" Jin asked, descending from Yeri's room.

 

"Yes" Namjoon sighed, "And he smelled alcohol and cigarette"

 

"God, what is happening to our family" Jin mumbled, "How about you, don't you have anything to confess to me?"

 

"Unless it's your declining visual, then nothing" Namjoon said, "I'll be the one to talk to Taehyung. Yeri is enough" Namjoon ran to Taehyung's door and pounded on it. "Kim Taehyung, open this door on instant!"

 

"What's happening?" Their dad went out of their room when he heard Namjoon shouting.

 

"Taehyung just got home and I'm gonna talk to him" Namjoon said and continued to pound on the door, "Kim Taehyung"

 

"Is that urgent? Your brother must be tired" Their mom tried to stop them but Namjoon told them that it's not.

 

"Joon, just quit it. He won't open up. Both of us will talk to him first thing tomorrow" Jin said.

 

"Hyung, he just smelled like alcohol and cigarette" Namjoon told him, "You think that's okay? For a high schooler?"

 

"He didn't went to school today" Yeri added, hearing all of the commotion.

 

"Honey, get the spare keys" Mr. Kim instructed his wife and pounded on Taehyung's door, "This is your father Kim Taehyung, you better open up and you open up, NOW"

 

"Here it is" Mr. Kim juggled on his keys and unlocked the door to see a dark room. They the lights and saw Taehyung passed out the carpet still with his atinky uniforms on.

 

"Namjoon, Seokjin, please get him to bed" Their mom instructed the two boys to carry Taehyung to his bed, "Yerim, please get me a towel and water basin"

 

"Joohyun-ah" He drunkenly mumbled. Namjoon and Seokjin looked at each other sending signals. Good thing, their parents didn't hear it.

 

"God, what is happening to our children" Their dad mumbled.

 

"You better rest, honey. I'll take care of Taehyung. Even you, my children, head to bed" Mrs. Kim grabbed the basin from Yeri and they kissed her good night one by one.

 

Mrs. Kim held Taehyung's hand and she saw visible tears and heard him mumbling, "I'm sorry, Joo-ah". Mrs. Kim swears that she felt her son's pain and only wishes for him to get through this because the only one thing that she wouldn't want is to see her kids hurting.