Twenty Four

The Juveniles.

It was Sooyoung's first time coming in to school with bright red hair and everyone was talking about it. It complimented her white skin and good looks. People had called her Snow White because of it but some prefered Ariel. Jungkook overheard the news and rushed to the hallways to see her on her locker.

 

"Sooyoung," Sooyoung closed her locker to see the person who had called her. "It's true you colored your hair,"

 

"It's not even a big deal, Jungkook" Sooyoung sighed, rolled her eyes and walked to her room.

 

The golden match up with her pace, "It is. You look beautiful"

 

Sooyoung's heart skipped a beat and stopped on her tracks, "Jungkook, I thought we talked about this"

 

"And I thought I made it clear that I will wait for you" He said, "Sooyoung, if you think I will stop, no. You're wrong"

 

"Okay, just don't blame me when you get tired of waiting" Sooyoung then continued to walk but Jungkook ran to her, "I know I won't"

 

"What do you even know about love? Jungkook, we're only teens!" 

 

"I know nothing, Sooyoung" Jungkook answered with confidence, "But this is where I'm going to learn. I wanna figure it out with you. I'm open to all the possibilities. In love, we are risking it. Getting hurt is part of it and I see nothing wrong with that"

 

Every word that Jungkook uttered left a mark on Sooyoung's mind and heart. He's right. They know nothing but how would they know how love works if they are not going to risk their hearts? Speechless, the girl walked again and this time, Jungkook didn't follow her anymore.

 

-

 

"Babe, where is Yoongi oppa?" Seungwan slowed down when he noticed Yoongi's presence is no where.

 

"Huh?" He turned around to see his seat, "We went together but he told me he'll just buy something from the store so he let me go first"

 

Seungwan doesn't feel good about it but she chose to shrug it off. Joohyun entered the classroom in which her friends were amazed, "Bravo! Bae Joohyun will attend class!" Seulgi teased and clapped her hands.

 

Joohyun just rolled her eyes but not in an annoyed way and went to her seat. She just attended classes to see if Taehyung's okay because she's been in pain since their talk. The professor came and Taehyung and Yoongi was no where to be found. Classes resumed but Hoseok's focus and Joohyun was on the people not present in class.

 

"Love, where do you think Yoongi would go?" Hoseok asked over lunch.

 

"Hmmm... Maybe there was an emergency along the way?" Seungwan suggested, "I'm sure he would call you if there's something that would happen to him"

 

"Oppa..."

 

"Sooyoung, what happened?" Jimin stood up upon seeing Sooyoung's tired face.

 

"Oh my gosh Sooyoung, are you okay?" Seulgi too, and hugged her so the younger broke down in front of them.

 

"It must be tough on her" Seungwam whispered to Joohyun who's been spacing out, "Joo, are you okay?"

 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine" Joohyun blinked and faked a smile to her friend.

 

After calming Sooyoung down, the unnies and oppas are all ears on to what Sooyoung would say, "I'm so tired of everything.."

 

"Of what?" Jimin asked.

 

"Of Jungkook, of Yeri" She said, "Why am I stuck? Why can't I freely choose what I want?"

 

"Sooyoung, it's because you have a good heart. You're selfless. You choose them over yourself" Seulgi held her hand.

 

"And honey, that's not good" Seungwan added, "If you're thinking about Yeri, don't. Think about yourself"

 

"But Yeri is important to me. She is my bestfriend"

 

"And Jungkook, is he just a guy to you?" Jimin asked in annoyance but still calm. He had enough of Sooyoung's stubbornness in following her heart just because of her 'best friend'.

 

"He is not just a guy, but I know there are many guys whom I can meet and date in the future but Yerim, what we have, I don't think-"

 

"For once, Sooyoung please, stop thinking about your so called bestfriend!"

 

"Chim," Seulgi held Jimin's hand, trying to calm him down which worked.

 

"Look Soo, if she truly is your best friend, she will accept that Jungkook choose you and she would be happy for you" Jimin continued.

 

"But she'll get hurt!"

 

"And you're not (hurting right now?)?" Right now, it was the Park siblings who's talking because it was only Jimin who has the right to scold Sooyoung, "Don't you think I don't hear you crying every night because of that? Don't you think I don't see how much you wanted to return the love that Jungkook's been giving you? Sooyoung, I am your brother and I only want what's best for you. WE, only want what's best for you"

 

"..."

 

"Sooyoung, I just want you to follow your heart. It may hurt someone but that's okay. That's how love works. One will get hurt one way or another so might as well hurt them now so they can move immediately" Jimin paused for a while, "The thing you're doing now, it's just hurting you and Jungkook. And Yeri is probably having false hopes because she knows she has a chance because she knows that you wouldn't do such thing but then after 10 years and still, you're the same, don't you think it'll hurt her less? No. It's still the same my dear sister, so why don't you put everything to an end so she can move on?"

 

"Oppa..." Soooyoung cried again and hugged Jimin. He was right. Sooyoung should end the war between them. She did her part as a friend, it was time for Yeri to do her part so she decided to talk to Yeri for the last time about this matter. It will be make up or break up for them. And we're talking about their relationship for a lifetime.

 

"So, what do you want to talk about? I'm busy" Yeri started as soon as she arrived on their favorite ice cream shop.

 

"About us and Jungkook"

 

Yeri rolled her eyes, "Okay Sooyoung, I get it. You're the one that Jungkook's like, I mean, it's always you, isn't it? Ever since we are young. You're the pefect one. You're the good one that's why everybody likes you"

 

"No Yerim, that's not true!"

 

Yeri scoffed, "Then what Park Sooyoung? Tell me more lies"

 

"I don't really want to hurt you and it's hard for me to do this but I want to be happy and follow my heart, even only this time Yeri. All I'm asking os for your blessing but even if you won't give me, I'm still going to pursue my happiness"

 

"Then why the hell do you want me here then? You know I would never do that" She spat.

 

"I was hoping that maybe for the last time, you're going to be a friend. That maybe for one time, you'll be happy for me" Sooyoung said before standing up, "Kim Yerim, I did everything for your forgiveness. I even sacrificed my own happiness but you would never do the same for me, so now, I'm going to pursue what makes me happy. So never tell me that I've never done anything to bring this friendship back because god knows I did everything. Thank you for everything Kim Yerim"

 

Sooyoung went out from the shop and exhaled. She feels so grateful because as if all of the burden she is keeping on her chest was finally off and she felt so proud of herself. She lifted her gaze up and saw her brother proudly smiling at her with his long trench coat and spread his arms with hands still in his pocket, offering his sister a hug. Sooyoung ran and hugged Jimin, "I'm no Jungkook but I hope I can still cheer you up?"

 

"Oppa, thank you" Sooyoung parted from the hug.

 

"So? How does my sister feel?"

 

"I feel like something in my chest was removed and I started to feel good" She replied with whole smile. They started walking to their way home.

 

"So, how about Jungkook?"

 

"What about him?"

 

"Is he your boyfriend now?"

 

"Nope"

 

"Good, because he needs to go through hell first before he could have my baby sister" Jimin pinched Sooyoung's cheek.

 

"Ai yah! Oppa!" Sooyoung pulled Jimin's hand and slapped his arm.

 

"After I helped you, this is all I get?! How dare you!"

 

-

 

"Hyung, where have you been? You didn't attend class today" As soon as Hobi got to their apartment, he saw Yoongi already on his bed, playing with his phone.

 

"Oh, there was some emergency" He shortly answered.

 

"Is this about your family?"

 

"No" Yoongi sat up, "Don't worry about me and worry about yourself, eo? I'm good"

 

"Arasso"

 

"And by the way, what's your plan for the holiday? Are you gonna go home?" Yoongi asked.

 

"Yes. My mom wants to see Seungwan again" Hoseok started to fix his things from school before going to shower, "Why?"

 

"Nothing. So I would know if I have to bring you some food again" Yoongi teased. When Hoseok was broken from their break up, he bever went home during the holidays because he felt so lonely, ever since he met Seungwan, they always make it a point to spent their holidays together at Gwangju, Hoseok's province since Seungwan's family is in Canada so Yoongi visited him just to give him some holiday food.

 

"How about you?"

 

"Might stay here but my mom wants me to go home. I need to finish some songs" Yoongi shrugged.

 

"Hyung, come on, it's holiday. Take a rest from composing"

 

"I'm considering" Yoongi nodded, "By the way, I need your girlfriend's voice for my demo"

 

"Oh, sure. Have you told her?" Hoseok removed his polo and set it aside first.

 

"Nope. I was absent right?" Yoongi looked at him with sarcasm, "And I'm gonna need yours too"

 

"Hyung, I don't know how to sing"

 

"Yes you do"

 

"Just ask Jimin"

 

"Nope, some parts are needed to be rapped"

 

"Then you do the rap part"

 

"Oh come on Jung Hoseok, stop denying your talents and this is my christmas gift for the both of you so don't say no!" Yoongi hit Hoseok's arm, "Call her after washing up. You smell like Seoul buses. You stink. I'm gonna sleep"

 

Hoseok just laughed at Yoongi who's already went back to sleep, "Don't sleep, we have an assignment"

 

"You do it. I'll copy" Yoongi mumbled, "Or, let's just copy Jimin's assignment tomorrow"

 

"That's what I'll do" Hoseok said and went to bathroom to wash up before calling Seungwan about Yoongi's favor.