25: Smile ~ Read till the end ~ Confusion

WHOLE

A/N: Hi guys. Miss me? I certainly missed my usual update days, I’m sorry about that. I’ve been facing difficulties right now, so I’m thinking of ending WHOLE in this chapter. The next update I’ll be releasing will be an epilogue. Sorry about that. Please read this till the end though~ It’s worth your while. Thank you for staying up with me till this chapter! I appreciate it. ^_^

PS: You don’t know what’s hitting you, so read till the end. Bye! <3

 

--

 

"But don't worry, Claud..." Sunggyu held the kid's hand and smiled fondly to him. "Sungyeol will never let that happen."

 

Claud managed to smile faintly before the two tucked him to sleep. Woohyun watched Claud as he sleeps like an angel. He then turns to Sunggyu who was typing something in his laptop wearing glasses. He sat down on one of the armrest and cross his arms.

 

"You think I scared him?"

 

"Woo, you know the answer to that question..." Sunggyu removed his glasses and join Woohyun watching Claud on their bed. "...you definitely scared him. He may be smart and capable, we all can see that. But that doesn't mean he can handle everything. He's still a kid and seven years old at that."

 

"But it's not like Yeol will let anything like that to happen right?"

 

Sunggyu don't know the answer to Woohyun's question. Sungyeol may talk to him about some things regarding businesses, or sometimes about the two, but he never really shares anything about his plan for the two especially Claud.

 

"Let's just wait for everything to happen... and hope that the other side of their family won't use Claud as bait to shake Sungyeol up."

 

They stayed silent for a while before Sunggyu removed his eye glasses and turn to face Woohyun who was typing a message to someone with his phone. “I can’t shake this feeling that I’ve seen Claud before, Woo… there’s something about the kid that’s making my head tilt whenever I see him…”

 

Woohyun didn’t say anything and let his fiance continue. “His smile… is close to Sungyeol’s smile but not really. But I know it’s his smile that’s irking me off… I feel like I’ve seen it somewhere before.”

 

Woohyun turn around and looked at Claud who was sleeping and he thought for that moment…

 

Of course there’s something about the smile… it’s the smile that made me remember who’s this boy’s parents afterall.

 

--

 

"Why are we here again?" Myungsoo asked Sungyeol as the lift goes up. They're back in the Eiffel Tower, and it’s true that it's more breathtakingly beautiful at night. He's excited to see what's waiting for them on the top of it because they didn't manage to reach the top when they first came there earlier with Claud.

 

Sungyeol just tighten his grip to Myungsoo's hand and smile. He's probably up to something. That's for sure.

 

"We can have dinner later, but I want to show you the beautiful sight from the upper deck."

 

"Aren't the tickets expensive?"

 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes to Myungsoo who just chuckles. "I'm a Lee. Nothing is expensive to me."

 

"Way to go to flaunt how rich you are, Love."

 

"You're as rich as me though."

 

The two exchange glances and laugh afterwards. Sungyeol then turn to the elevator operator. Myungsoo watched Sungyeol with amusement. And he literally fanboy as Sungyeol speaks French.

 

"Excuses-moi." [Excuse me.]

 

"Oui?" [Yes?] the elevator operator said as she smiles to Sungyeol.

 

"Sommes-nous encore-la?" [Are we there yet?]

 

"Oui monsieur." [Yes sir.] the elvator dings open and Sungyeol took Myungsoo's hand again. "S'il vous plaît profiter de votre nuit." [Please enjoy your night.]

 

"Merci... nous allons." [Thanks... We will] and Sungyeol pull him as they exit the elevator.

 

"I can't believe I heard you speaking French..." Myungsoo had his mouth hung open, full of admiration. The taller pinched his nose because he thinks he's being cute fanboying.

 

"I was kinda worried I forgot about it. But looks like I managed." he shrug. "Anyway, come. Let's see the view from here. I wanted to see this too."

 

Myungsoo followed Sungyeol closely. Everyone there, Myungsoo assumed, are couples. Some are with their kids, and he wished they brought Claud with them.

 

Sungyeol then stops and Myungsoo gasped.

 

"Paris at night, Love."

 

"Oh my God Yeol..." he moves closer and roam his eyes around the Paris below. "...it's beautiful."

 

"I know." the taller move closer to have a better look too. "Photo's don't give the sight justice."

 

The younger realized something and turn to his lover with wide eyes. "Oh my. I forgot my camera! I wished I brought it with me so I could take some pictures!"

 

"Calm down, Love. We can always visit this again tomorrow night with the others." when Myungsoo pouts, Sungyeol lean over to kiss him. "Don't pout here."

 

"I'm actually asking for a kiss." Myungsoo smiled at him and winked then turn to the street below again. "This kinda reminds me of a song."

 

"Parachute? Kiss me slowly?"

 

"How did you know?"

 

Sungyeol shrugs and started to roam his arms around Myungsoo's waist. "It reminds me of that song too. The moon above you and the streets below. Hold my breath as you're moving in, Taste your lips and feel your skin. When the time comes, baby don't run, just kiss me slowly..." Sungyeol sings and Myungsoo feel inlove again. "the scene is fitting the momen---"

 

"Je t'aime, Lee Sungyeol."

 

The taller froze as he pull away slowly from Myungsoo who's now staring at him. The weight of the younger's stare is pinning him frozen in place. Sungyeol knows how to speak french, but not as how y Myungsoo did it.

 

"Did you just... speak french?"

 

"Oui." Myungsoo brush away some hair strands away from Sungyeol's eyes. "Je t'aime, Lee Sungyeol... maintenant et pour toujours."

 

Sungyeol covered his mouth, restraining to gasped, he smiled. Smiled widely because Myungsoo speaks French ily and because he knows exactly what the younger meant. He just can't react as soon as possible because he thinks that saying those words are natural for them... but saying it in different language struck his heart and now...

 

"Is my pronunciation wrong?" the younger saw that smile on his lips and misunderstood it completely, so the taller shook his head and immediately held Myungsoo's shoulders.

 

"I just can't believe that you saying those words in different language is... too much for me to handle. I lost it."

 

Myungsoo smiled to that, but then Sungyeol caught his eyes into a serious look. "Yo tambien te quiero mi amor... para siempre."

 

This time, it was Myungsoo who froze in place. Then after a few seconds, hit Sungyeol who laughed. He was flustered. "THAT'S SPANISH!"

 

The taller didn't stop laughing because Myungsoo is blushing. And when Myungsoo is still recovering, Sungyeol placed a peck over Myungsoo's forehead and he became flustered again. He held him in place though, and together, they watched the streets below. The beautiful and romantic scene below is taking their breaths away as they stayed right there, holding each other closely.

 

"Myungsoo.."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Do you trust me?"

 

Myungsoo wanted to turn around but Sungyeol tighten his hug on Sungyeol's waist. "Of course I do. Why?"

 

"Nothing... that's all I wanted to hear from you."

 

"What?" Myungsoo is now confused but as Sungyeol buried his face on his nape, it sent shivers through his veins and it totally keep him in place, despite wanting to look at Sungyeol's face.

 

"I'll protect you and Claud, Myung..."

 

"S-Sungyeol. What the hell are you---"

 

"Even if it means me going against them all... I don't care anymore." Sungyeol tighten his hold again and Myungsoo's heart started to beat faster. Is Sungyeol leaving him again?

 

"Sungyeol, you're scaring me. What do you mean by that?"

 

This time, the taller turn him around and let him face him. Sungyeol grab his nape and pull him close till their foreheads touch. "No, it’s nothing. Somehow I feel the urge to say those things. Sorry it ruined the moment."

 

"It didn't actually ruin the moment... but it made me worried. Is something wrong? Are you fighting with your grandfather again?"

 

"No, Myung. No. We're okay." he kissed Myungsoo's forehead again and held his hand as he started walking towards the lift again. "I just wanted to tell you that no matter what happens, I'll protect you and Claud at all cause... I told you before right? If being able to keep you means I have to let go of everything I have now, I'll gladly let it all go."

 

He stopped on his track. "It’s only you and Claud that matters now, Myung. The two of you matters."

 

"You know I'd do the same right?" Myungsoo crossed the distance and lean his head towards Sungyeol's shoulder blades and the taller didn't move as Myungsoo held his hands with his own. "I will let go of everything if it means me being with you forever. I'll risk it all, throw it all in the line, if it means I'll be able to have you and Claud beside me. I love you that much. I'd die if you leave me again."

 

"Leaving you before almost killed me. Do you really think I'd leave now?" Sungyeol chuckle to that and turn around. "I will never leave your side again."

 

"You better or else."

 

They chuckle and held each other's hand again as they waited for the lift that will bring them down. They're feeling the moment and the intensity of keeping each other even without talking.

 

They're now looking for souvenirs for Claud who wanted to buy the Eiffel Tower keychain that he didn't manage to have earlier because it went sold out.

 

“That reminds me, Yeol… I feel like I’ve seen Claud somewhere.”

 

Sungyeol placed the souvenir back on its shelves as he went to where Myungsoo is. “What do you mean?”

 

“I know there’s something about his smile… the first time I’ve met him in the hospital talking to you, I first thought that your smiles are almost the same but later on realized that that is not it.” He turns to Sungyeol who was giving him that confused look. “Your smiles are almost the same, but it’s not just the smile… but the way his eyes sparkles when he smiles and the dimples…”

 

“Straight to the point Love.”

 

“It’s making me remember the times I had back in London for some reason. And I don’t know why… maybe I just miss that teacher me and Jongie had back in our midde school. She used to help us a lot with French Language. That explains why I’m kind of good at it.”

 

“Teacher in London?”

 

“Yeah. But since she’s married by the time we met her, she says she only have limited time that time because she’s only waiting for her resignation to be approved so she could finally go home to where her husband is. I think it was before we started our second year in Middle School that she left.”

 

“And where is that?” Sungyeol took half of the paper bags from Myungsoo’s hand and open the door for him.

 

“Korea. I think she said before that her husband was a… Oh! He was a resident doctor to a certain Middle School.”

 

Sungyeol put on his specs and was thinking a bit for his self. Why did he suddenly have that feeling of wanting to remember something? Is there something about what Myungsoo said just now?

 

But he soon stopped thinking when he noticed that Myungsoo suddenly got quiet.  “Something wrong, Myung?”

 

“Um… no. I just remembered how I owe that teacher of mine…”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Nothing. Nevermind that… it was nothing.”

 

Sungyeol  didn’t ask anymore and concentrate on driving.

 

And when they're back in the hotel, Sowon and Junhyung together with Sungjong are all still in the lounge having a hot drink.

 

"Hey guys." Myungsoo greeted them and the three greeted back. "Where is Claud?"

 

"WooGyu's room. I think he's already sleeping."

 

Myungsoo widened his eyes. "You think they will do it with Claud arou--"

 

"Kim Myungsoo, your imagination, hold them." Sungyeol covered his man's mouth and smiled to the three. "Hey Junhyung. Fancy meeting you here."

 

"You too, Lee."

 

"Anyway, we better take Claud. Sunggyu might be feeling frustrated now." they all chuckle and Myungsoo gave him an elbow.

 

When they reached the couple's room, a newly bathed Woohyun opened the door with only towel covering his lower body.

 

"What the Nam Woohyun? Did you really do it with Claud--"

 

"Your imagination, Lee Sungyeol... hold them." Woohyun opened the door widely and saw Sunggyu sleeping beside the midget with the same clothes as they left them. "Sunggyu is unfortunately still tired with whatever you did back in Korea so I let him sleep some more while I wait for you guys." Myungsoo went closer to where Claud is and lay down beside him.

 

"Don't make me carry you too, Myungsoo." Sungyeol warned and faced his bestfriend. "Thanks for keeping him company, dude---"

 

"Actually, I need to talk to you Yeol." Woohyun gave him that look. "Let's take this back in the lounge bar in the lobby."

 

"Aren't we supposed to be sleeping now though? We have to rehearse your wedding tomorrow." Sungyeol asked confusedly. "And what do you want to talk about anyway?"

 

"Something important." he turn to Myungsoo who's keeping an eye on them but the sleepiness in him is very clear. "Let's leave them both here while we talk down there."

 

"Okay... Myungsoo, stay here for a while okay? I'll come back to you soon after." the younger nod and he gave him a kiss before following Woohyun who still have his hair wet.

 

Once they reached the bar in that hotel's lobby, they both ordered for a whiskey. "Claud asked me and Gyu about something, seven years old shouldn't be asking yet, Yeol."

 

The other's hand froze in the air as he was about to sip from his glass. "What do you mean?"

 

"He was asking if you were facing some trouble because of him... I wonder how that kid seems so smart for a seven years old kid, Yeol."

 

"Maybe because of what he experienced, he decided to be smart with life... and who knows how smart their parents are right?"

 

Woohyun nods he knows that so well. "Anyway, he asked us if you're facing problems because of him. We said we don't think so. And I kind of..."

 

"Kind of what, Nam Woohyun?"

 

"I think I scared him." Woohyun bit his lips. "I told him about the possible problems you might face in the future once the whole clan of Lee's find out about him."

 

Sungyeol took a sip from his whiskey before turning back to Woohyun. "What exactly did you tell him?"

 

The older sigh and look into the younger's eyes. "That once you marry Myungsoo he'll become a Lee too. Because you'll surely let that kid carry out your name. That means he'll become your heir... and you know exactly what I mean about being your family's heir right?"

 

Sungyeol straighten his back. Good thing Woohyun was no longer looking at him when he lost the expression he was keeping. "They might take him away and educate him like how they educate you.... like how they educate the heirs of your family." Woohyun turn to him again. Nervous? He's nervous. "I know you won't let them get him right?"

 

"Of course not. I won't let that happen, Woo..."

 

"You sure?"

 

"Yeah. Sure as I am standing here."

 

The older sigh in relief as he emptied his glass. "I was so scared back in our room as I waited for you guys to comeback."

 

"Don't be. Calm down, Woo. This isn't something you should be concerning yourself about anyway---"

 

"What do you mean by that? You know exactly how fond I am with those kids. Especially Cleo. And I'm your best friend. If I feel something is wrong, I know something is wrong. Even now, I feel like you're hiding something."

 

"Woo, I'm not hiding anything from any of you guys. Nothing's wrong." Yeah right. You're such a liar, Lee Sungyeol.

 

"Really now? You do know you at lying right?"

 

The younger sigh and emptied his own glasses and stood up and left money on the bar counter. "Woo, I'm okay. We're okay. I won't let them get Claud. Over my dead body."

 

"But what if... what if they really asked for that condition Sungyeol? What if they did let you marry Myungsoo and let Claud carry out your name, but then, they'll get to take him in Spain and educate him there? What if that happens?"

 

"Woo..." he scratched his nape. "...you're worrying too much. Just... trust me okay? Even if that time comes, I won't give them an easy fight. You know me."

 

He was about to walk away when he remembered something. “Woo. Have you met Claud’s parents personally?”

 

Woohyun was taken back to that question. He knew it. But he chose not to show reaction. “It was our hospital who aided them… but it wasn’t personally me who tend to them. I was just 19 that time.”

 

“You mean to say, you know when those kid’s parents died?”

 

“Sort of. They’re not in the hospital that time. The parents of the man…” he gulped and averts his eyes away from Sungyeol’s curious eyes. “…was the one who claimed the body.”

 

“Both bodies?”

 

“No. The parents of the woman came too and they took the body separately.”

 

“Did they also bury them separately?”

 

“That… I’m not sure.”

 

Sungyeol is now more curious. “If they have guardians, how come Claud and Cleo were brought to an orphanage? I mean, are they even brought in the orphanage? How did they reach your hospital?”

 

“My Dad, he was the one that found them in an orphanage and took them in… we didn’t know they were abandoned.”

 

Sungyeol’s face stiffened. The kids were abandoned by their parent’s family? “They left the kids behind and go on with their lives?!”

 

Woohyun only nods. “I think that’s the case. That’s what we’ve heard from the people from the orphanage. They say that the day the parents were buried, the twins were left to them saying they will claim the kids soon after. But Cleo was diagnosed with… you know… a year after and that made my Dad take them in. That’s also the first time I’ve met Claud and Cleo.”

“I can’t believe they abandoned the kids just like that.”

 

“Me neither.”

 

The smile of Claud run through his mind. Sungyeol paused for a while, trying to recompose his self from shock for what he just heard. But then… “I feel like I’ve seen Claud and Cleo before, Woo.”

 

Woohyun, once again, stiffen from his place. And now, he’s more than certain that Sungyeol’s memory is not yet really back in full like they thought it was.

 

--

 

When they went back in the room, they saw Myungsoo hugging Claud and Sunggyu awake sitting on a couch beside the bed. He noticed the two's presence and turn to them.

 

"These two kicked me out of bed, Woo..."

 

The two chuckles and Sungyeol run his hands to Myungsoo's arm. His lover shiver with his touch and opened his eyes. "Love, wake up... you kicked Sunggyu-hyung out of bed."

 

"W-What?" he scratched his eyes cutely.

 

"I said, wake up. We need to go back in our room. We've imposed enough."

 

"Oh..." he then looked at Claud who's sleeping soundly and stood away from bed. Sungyeol then carried out Claud from bed and let the kid's head rest over his left shoulder. Myungsoo take the bags they have and hold unto Sungyeol's arm as he followed the taller walk. "We're off hyungs.. sorry for kicking you out of your own bed, Gyu-hyung..."

 

"It's okay." Sunggyu ruffled the kid's head. "Be sure not to be late tomorrow for the rehearsal."

 

"We won't hyung. We'll get going."

 

As Sungyeol walk, Myungsoo follows with eyes half closed. Sungyeol tucked Myungsoo in their bed first before dropping Claud to his own bed. And there, he caress the kid's cheeks and smiled. There's no way he'll let them take this kid away from him and Myungsoo. There's no way.

 

He closes the door of Claud's room and went to their own bedroom where Myungsoo is trying so hard to get rid of his shirt. The taller rolled his eyes and went closer to help the younger. He lifted both arms of Myungsoo and take the t-shirt off with one swift move. Myungsoo murmur thanks. He then let Myungsoo take a bath first before he checked his phone. And there he saw his grandfather's message.

 

You're out so I can't get a hold of you since we arrived here in Paris. But I just want you to know that the other side of the family wanted to have a word with you soon once this ceremony is over.

 

And he sighed before deleting the message and threw the phone on the soft mattress. He then grabbed his own towel and decided to join Myungsoo in the bath.

 

--

Sungyeol woke up early the same day. He looked at Myungsoo who's one arm is roam around his waist. Lying there, beside him. The scene that happened last night inside the bathroom rewinded itself inside his head and he sheepishly smile.

 

Not waking up his lover, he stood up and kissed his forehead a Goodmorning, before he dresses up and went out of the room, leaving Myungsoo fully covered of their covers.

 

He walked around the living room of their room as he dialled Yerin's number. It's 5am in France that time and its 12pm in Korea. So he wishes Yerin could pick up.

 

Three rings before Yerin picked up and he sighed in relief.

 

"Yerin."

 

"Sungyeol-oppa?"

 

"Yes it's me. How is everything there?"

 

"Thank God you called Oppa... I've been meaning to call you. i went to see you secretary to maybe asked them for help."

 

Sungyeol's heart beats faster. "Why? Is something urgent happened?"

 

"There are three men roaming around Topaz... and according to the security guards who's on duty, they are asking information about Kim Myungsoo's..."

 

"What?"

 

"Adopted son. Kim Claud."

 

It's as if a bucket filled with Ice were poured over his head as Yerin said those words. They're asking about Claud means two things... it's either their family knows or... kidnappers that wanted the kid for money. But since they can't get in Topaz because of the high maintenance of security, they can't even have the information they needed.

 

"Yerin, stay safe there okay? I'm not doubting the locks on the floor you are into, but always lock your doors and windows okay? Especially the side where the terrace garden is into."

 

He heard Yerin gulped on the other side. "O-okay oppa..."

 

After calling Yerin, he called the head security of Topaz.

 

"This is Sungyeol."

 

"Young heir."

 

"I wanted you guys to stay close with my care taker, Yerin. She's the one occupying my unit right now."

 

"Yes young heir. We know her. I think I know what brought this call... but rest assured, young heir. Climbing up to your floor is nearly impossible. It's either they die because they fell, or they die because of bullets."

 

"That's nice to hear. Keep your guards up."

 

"Yes sir."

 

As he slumped back down on the sofa, he saw Claud standing near his door with a pillow on his hand and rubbing his eyes cutely. This is the moment where Sungyeol is sure about the kiid's age.

 

"Claud..." the kid's head perks up. "Goodmorning, Baby. How's sleep?"

 

"D-dad... I'm still sleepy because I'm up this early but.." he went closer to Sungyeol only to lay down on the sofa and on Sungyeol's lap, hugging a pillow. "...Dad. Do you think we can roam around the city riding a bike?"

 

"A what?" he runs his fingers through Claud's hair and the kid likes it so much to be pampered by either Sungyeol or Myungsoo.

 

"A bike Dad... maybe after the rehearsal for Uncle WooGyu's wedding."

 

"We can. I think."

 

"Really?" he yawns and Sungyeol nods with a smile. "Yay..." he closes his eyes but the taller knows he's still awake.

 

"Claud, can we talk about that something your Uncle Woohyung told you last night?"

 

The kid's eyes flew open and met Sungyeol's who just smiled. "I will never let anything like that happen to you nor Myungsoo... If they approved of my marriage yet wanted to take you away from us just to educate you the way they did to me? We will walk out on them... do you understand?"

 

"W-Walk out on them? Is that.. possible?"

 

"Of course it is." he pinches the kid's nose bridge. "We'll run away."

 

"But they're rich... they'll come after us..."

 

"Well. I'm Lee Sungyeol. They won't even lay a finger on me, or on you, or on Myungsoo. That's a promise."

 

Claud went silent, but then, he sits up only to hug Sungyeol. He didn't say anything, but the hug around Sungyeol is enough to lessen the weight on his shoulder. He's really thankful that despite Claud's age, he could understand these things that are happening in their family.

 

"Claud, can I ask you something?"

 

"Hmm?" the kid answered, not leaving his lap.

 

"Is your parents smart?"

 

"Yes... like you."

 

"What? Really?"

 

"Uh-huh..."

 

"Is that the reason why you're smart?"

 

"Am I smart?" the kid pull away from Sungyeol. "But I am not smart, Dad. If Cleo is here, she'll surely turn the tables on you."

 

"Why?"

 

"She's smarter than me." Claud smiled proudly.

 

"R-really?"

 

"Yup. You see Dad. Before we became an orphan, we lived in a house this big.." the kid spreads his arms to explain. "..we're not as rich as you, but we are rich."

 

"Can you tell me your surname?"

 

"Why?"

 

"Because I feel like I've seen you before." Sungyeol murmur. "No. I'm certain that I've seen you before, Claud."

 

"Maybe we did meet before, Dad."

 

The smile of Claud's lips tell him that the kid may find him familiar too. "What do you mean?"

 

"Because we really did met, Dad."

 

"We... di--"

 

"Why are you two up so early?"

 

Sungyeol froze  but Claud run towards Myungsoo who just woke up, with his t-shirt on and a comfy shorts.

 

"Daddy Myung, I wanted to roam around France with bike... but I don't even know how to ride a bike... can you teach me?"

 

Myungsoo blinked as he can't believe what he was seeing. Claud really is good doing an effortless Aegyo.

 

"I can... but why bike? Don't you want to ride a bus with no roof again?"

 

"But it became boring Dad... I wanted to ride a bike."

 

Myungsoo blinked again. "I don't see... why not."

 

"Yah Kim Myungsoo!"

 

"Yay!"

 

Sungyeol rolled his eyes as Claud kissed Myungsoo's cheek. They're defeated again, by Claud's effortless aegyo. But what really bothered Sungyeol is the time he believed... he first met this kid.

 

--

 

The Cathedral they’re into is breathtaking. Sowon has been taking pictures of the said cathedral since they arrived there. Claud is leaning on Myungsoo's shoulder. Sungyeol will be arriving with Woohyun later, so everyone else arrived there earlier.

 

Sungjong has been laughing with Howon and Dongwoo because of the flustered Sunggyu who was holding a bouquet of white roses.

 

"Need a veil, hyung?" Sungjong teased.

 

"Yah Lee Sungjong!"

 

Everyone laughs but stopped when Sunggyu sits down beside Myungsoo. Claud looked at him too, worriedly. But the older smiles. "I... just... can't believe I'm finally tying that man on me... forever."

 

They all smile to that. It was indeed a roller coaster ride for the two. The problem that almost broke the two apart completely back in college and the fights whose trying to separate them as the days goes by... Sunggyu can never be proud on how their Love Story was written by the stars. How they managed to win against those problems they had and will be having in the near future.

 

"I just love him so much... I can no longer think straight..."

 

"Love pushes you to decide on walking down this aisle to him, right hyung?" Myungsoo asked.

 

"Yeah." the older sigh dreamily. "You'll feel the same once you plan things like this with Sungyeol, Myung."

 

"I know I will."

 

"Claud..." the kid raise his head and face Sunggyu with sleepy eyes. "Are you okay?"

 

"Yes Uncle Sunggyu... why?"

 

"You look sleepy. You slept last night early."

 

"I'm not sleepy Uncle... it's just that, we woke up early."

 

"I see. Are you really okay as our ring bearer?"

 

"Of course, Uncle. It's my pleasure."

 

Sunggyu piched the kid's Nose Bridge. "Sometimes I can't believe I'm talking to a seven years old kid. You're so matured."

 

"He's not matured. Just too smart for his age." Howon countered. "Right, Claud?"

 

Claud nods and high five with Howon.

 

"He belongs to those few people that are too blessed with looks and brains." Dongwoo added. "Like Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo... it's as if he really is your son."

 

Myungsoo just smiled to that and pat Claud's shoulder. "The combination of Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol is scary." Sungjong murmurs. "Claud isn't even related to them by blood yet he’s giving that kind of vibes, like he’s a genius or a kid with high IQ, someone that is so smart for their age."

 

"I know right. If these two gets married... no one will know that Claud isn't really someone related to them."

 

“But I really can’t shake off the feeling that I’ve met him before…” Sunggyu said while examining the kid’s face.

 

Myungsoo raise his head to look at Sunggyu. “You did too, hyung?”

 

“Now that you mention It, I get the same feeling too from him.” Howon said.

 

“I’ve been meaning to ask you about that Myung… I found him familiar too.” Sungjong agreed. “It reminds me of someone we know back in London.”

 

Claud froze and Myungsoo felt that so he takes a look at Claud.

 

"Baby?" he didn't say anything so Myungsoo caress his cheek. "Baby, are you okay?"

 

Claud nods but Myungsoo isn't having that. "Claud, I'm asking you. Are you okay?"

 

"I'm okay, Daddy Myung... don't worry." he then turns away from Myungsoo.

 

What the hell is happening? Suddenly, he feels like Claud and Sungyeol are hiding something from him, and that thought scared him.

 

--

 

“Why are we here again, Sungyeol?” Woohyun asked.

 

He accompanies his best friend to a certain café where they can use the computer and a Wi-Fi connection. There is certainly something about Claud that irks the hell out of him.

 

“I’m trying to see what’s behind Claud, Woo.”

 

“What do you mean?” Woohyun knows what Sungyeol is up to that moment and was actually trying to control his emotion of telling him exactly what he wanted to know.

 

“I feel like I’ve seen him somewhere before.”

 

That’s it for Woohyun. He closed his eyes and controlled his emotion.

 

“Are you stupid just now?”

 

He turns to his best friend who was looking at him as if he can’t believe what he just said. “Why?”

 

“Of course you’ve seen him before. But not him; their parents.”

 

Sungyeol didn’t know how to react on that so Woohyun continues. “I don’t know if you remember but… do STARLING rings a bell?”

 

“S-Starling?”

 

“Yes. He’s someone closed to us.”

 

That hint hit him and transported him back to middle school. “I know a man named Starling…”

 

“The…”

 

“I remember someone from our Middle School. Our Middle School Resident Doctor was called Doctor Starling, right?

 

Woohyun smiled. “Yes. That’s him.”

 

“B-but… what? Why?”

 

“What do you mean by what and why? I am so remembering this. You’re being so stupid, dude. So you mean, you processed Claud’s adoption paper without noticing these things?”

 

“I haven’t even lay hand on that paper work. I asked someone to do it for me--- but oh my God Woo! Tell me more about this.”

 

“Don’t tell me you still have some of your memories gone?” even though he’s sure that that is actually the case, he still asked.

 

“I don’t know, but come on, tell me already!”

 

“Okay, for goodness sake dude. During our middle school, that School Doctor Starling was the one who aided you and Howon. You punched the hell out of that man who hit Howon as a payback, right? So from there till we graduated middle school, we became closer to him. Then before we graduated from middle school, she gave birth to a twin…” Woohyun met his eyes. “…those twins are Cleo and Claud.”

 

“What the---“

 

“I don’t know what part of Claud now do you find familiar with for you to act like this, but it’s surely the smile.”

 

“The ‘smile’?” he remembered what Myungsoo told last night. Does Myungsoo… somehow talking about the same people last night? Is this why he found Claud familiar as well?

 

“Because when we met Doctor Starling’s wife, we are all fascinated by her smile--- me and Howon find it the same as yours back then too. And Cleo and Claud got that smile from her.” the older shook his head as they went out of that café without really doing anything. “The accident following that shortly before we even start attending our high school, might be the cause for you to completely forget about Doctor Starling, his wife and the twins.”

 

“You mean the accident I had after I went back from London?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“What is Doctor’s Starling’s wife do?”

 

“I think she came from London England-- A teacher there. But a year before she got pregnant to the twins, we’re barely starting our last year of middle school when she came back and settles here in Korea with Doctor Starling for good. I mean, they’re already married even though the wife is in England.”

 

A sudden struck on his heart made Sungyeol felt dizzy. He… remembers. He remembered that part. The scene when they run to the hospital where Mrs. Starling gave birth to the twins. The day they first met the good Doctor’s wife. And yes… he already met Claud. Because he carried him back then… he carried him.

 

“Oh my God…”

 

“W-What? Hey! You look pale! Are you okay?”

 

“W-we… took pictures with them… right?”

 

“When Mrs. Starling got discharged. Yes. We do. Why?”

 

“Is having Claud now… meant to be, Woo?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Because I don’t remember that part of my memory at all! I  just did. Now… and—“

 

“Woah dude. This is exactly why I didn’t tell you. I somehow saw this coming. That you might still have some parts of your memory that still isn’t back.”

 

“Do you think Claud remembers me?”

 

“I don’t know. He was just a baby when we first met them.”

 

He stopped on his tracks. “No Woo… he knows me. Claud knows me.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Because earlier today, when I told him that I’m certain that I’ve met him before somewhere, he didn’t deny it. He even said that, we did. Maybe the pictures we took with them when Mrs. Starling got discharged---“

 

“…were seen by Claud.”

 

The two looked at each other… can’t really take a full grasp of the situation.

 

“And that’s not all.” They both stopped on their tracks as he remembers something more about this part. “Myungsoo is somehow related to this, Woo.”

 

“What do you mean? Is he involved with the family too?”

 

“No. But with Mrs. Starling, yes. He used to be a teacher in London England, you say?” Woohyun nods. “Myungsoo used to have a teacher back in London England who helps him and Sungjong with French Language. Last night he told me how he found Claud’s smile familiar…”

 

“Oh my God, Sungyeol… does that mean---“

 

Sungyeol only nods as he bit his lip.

 

--

 

A/N: Of course I was kidding on my first note. Sorry about that. So anyway, things are getting messier as I proceed. Should I really stop writing this? HAHAHAHA let’s try to avoid the confusion. Myungsoo met Mrs. Starling back in London while Sungyeol and the others met the husband in Korea. Mrs. Starling is not yet pregnant for the twins back in London, but already married and was only waiting for her resignation letter to be approved. Let’s say, the time Myungsoo and Mrs. Starling parted was before Myungsoo and Sungjong started their sophomore year there. It was also said by Woohyun that Mrs. Starling came back to Korea when they barely started their last year of middle school. Before Sungyeol, Woohyun and Howon graduated from Middle School, she gave birth to the twins and that was also the time when Sungjong and Myungsoo are almost done with their second year in Middle school. When did MyungYeol met again? Yes. When Myungsoo was about to start his last year of middle school and right before Sungyeol start attending High School. Did you managed to keep up? ^_^ So all in all, they’re all connected. If you are still confuse, I’ll just see you in my next update. I’ll enlighten you then.

 

For now, COMMENTS  are appreciated. Byeee~