20: Moving in ~ Dongwoo's Dilemma ~ Ducklings

WHOLE

Two weeks after Sungyeol's tests and check-ups, Cristine and Soohyun finally issued his release papers so he could go home. For that whole two weeks, both Myungsoo and Claud are busy looking for a primary school that could still accept students if they take exams for qualifications. And luckily, with Sungyeol's name, they managed to get him in the Woollim Private Elementary School. The kid is so smart, that's undoubtful. Claud ace all his exam and skip a year and now he's in grade two. And he's more than happy to show the results to the whole family.

 

Myungsoo and Sungyeol are happy and touched when they're seeing Claud close to Sungyeol's grandparents. Especially when they had the results. Claud started his classes soon after Sungyeol was transported back to Seoul for his further medication.

 

Yerin is the one to take care of their unit in Topaz and Claud have been staying with the Lee's rest house until the first week of Sungyeol's confinement. But when he was moved back to Seoul Branch, Claud goes home to the main house where there could be someone to look after him if Myungsoo were to stay with Sungyeol back in the hospital.

 

And now, three days after Sungyeol's released from the hospital, everything is back to normal. Only this time, Sungyeol and Myungsoo will pick up Claud from their main house and take him in their unit in Topaz.

 

"Love, do you think it'll be okay for us to take Claud from them? Your parent’s seems to love the kid." Myungsoo says as Sungyeol parked his car inside the wide parking space inside their house.

 

"Love, Claud is ours. Do you want them to have him? You wanted to surprise Claud about the results of the adoption papers right?"

 

Myungsoo turn away and smiled. "Yeah, He's finally mine. I can't believe someone's name is written under my name as my son."

 

"He'll soon be mine too, if I were to marry you. And that will be soon."

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes to Sungyeol who just took his hands as they went inside the huge mansion. The maids quickly welcomed them and Myungsoo thought that, they could be as rich as the Lee's but he can never get used to this kind of service from the maids and the guards.

 

"Is Claud here already?" Sungyeol asked.

 

"Yes sir. He's in the garden with your grandparents."

 

"Are my parents here?"

 

"Mrs. Kim is here and they're all in the garden, sir."

 

"I see. Can you give us something to eat there? Or are they already having their snacks?"

 

"Not yet. We are about to take some now, sir."

 

"I see. Okay then."

 

They can see the scene from where they are and Sungyeol stopped before he walked in the garden through the glass doors.

 

"Why did you stop?"

 

"Wait."

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo lean forward to maybe listen to whatever it is that's going on in there. And the two smiled when they heard what Sungyeol's grandfather said.

 

"Sungyeol decline all the offers to skip a year. He wanted to see how things are done from the beginning."

 

"Does Daddy Yeol ace all his exams since he was a kid like me?"

 

"Oh yes, definitely. He's so good; he never really asked to be taught."

 

Claud beamed a happy smile to the older Lee and it pats his head. "So you better ace your exams as well okay? Sungyeol and Myungsoo are both the smartest in their grades and even in college. You have smart parents."

 

"If there is something that I will never do to them, that will be disappointing them. I don't want them sad. I want them proud. And of course you two, grandpa. The promise is still on right?"

 

"Yes. I'll take you to the main house of the Lee's in Spain once you ace all your exams."

 

"YAAAAAY! Thanks grandpa! I WILL ACE ALL MY EXAMS!"

 

"That's good."

 

Sungyeol exchanges glances with Myungsoo who's looking so proud. Sungyeol smiled and asked Myungsoo to go inside first and he follows.

 

 

 

"Hey, what are you guys doing?"

 

 

"DADS!"

 

Claud run towards the two and Sungyeol carried him. "Hello there handsome. Are your things packed now?"

 

"Yes Dad! I packed it with Yerin-noona earlier."


"Yerin? She's here?"

 

Mrs. Lee came in with Mrs. Kim and Yerin who was holding a tray of different kinds of biscuits. "Oh, you guys are here. Come join us for snacks before you take this boy away from us."

 

Myungsoo sits beside Claud who seated beside Sungyeol's grandfather. Sungyeol is looking to Yerin though. "Yerin, what are you doing here?"

 

"Hi, Sir Sungyeol. I was called by Mr. Kim to assist Claud to pack his things since he'll be leaving the mansion today."

 

"And when are you an employee of my dad?" Sungyeol asked a little bit sarcastic.

 

"I was just contacted, Sir Sungyeol."

 

"Oh, no! I don't mean it the negative way. I just got surprised. Anyway, thank you for keeping our unit in Topaz clean."

 

Yerin smiled and nod, "Just doing my job sir."

 

"And oh, we like it. The way you designed Claud's room is very nicely done."

 

"That's nothing sir. Anyway, I have discussed with you via email about my schedules. So I certainly can take care of Claud once he's home from school and before he left for school."

 

"Yes. I've seen your conversation with Myungsoo."

 

Again, Yerin nods. Sungyeol smiled fondly at Yerin. She's always been a great help to him and Myungsoo whenever she was needed.

 

The conversation was then shifted to the Older Lee's departure the day after tomorrow.

 

"Are you really leaving, Grandpa?"

 

"I'm afraid we are grandson. We are no longer needed here. But you know that I'll be back soon right. The other members of the board are still trying to communicate with you but you've been declining calls from them."

 

"You know exactly why. I've been hospitalized and needed time to recover. Up until now, I'm still recovering. And I'll be returning to office tomorrow after this day."

 

"I know, grandson. But you know that, that's not what I'm talking about. Anytime, other side of the family will be asking for you to meet them personally..."

 

"Grandpa, are you seriously asking me that?"

 

The table fell quiet as the two stare at each other. It was not hidden to anyone in that table what was about to happen once Sungyeol returned to office. But Sungyeol won't even give them a call back and he's been declining calls from the other side of the family.

 

"You're not worried... meaning you have something planned."

 

"I do have something planned. And it'll be up for them to decide whether to keep me or lose me. It won't be my loss. It'll be those people who chose to lose me."

 

The older just sigh and massaged the bridge of his nose. He doesn’t know whether he'll smack his grandson or not. "Anyway, you finally got my approval with all this set up you wanted. All we have to do now is to let them know and wait for them to attack."

 

"I'll be waiting for them patiently here in Korea. There's no way I'll leave Korea just because they asked me to."

 

The older nod. Myungsoo placed more sweets to Claud's plate and the kid clapped with delight. "Daddy Myung, are we really leaving this mansion?"

 

"Yes. Cleo is lonely in Topaz,,, don't you missed her?"

 

The kid pouts. "Of course I do. I was just asking... anyway, where did you place her?"

 

"She's inside your room. You have a mini altar there, and it'll be her room."

 

"Wow. I wanted to see my room now."

 

"You'll see it once we went home. Now tell me how have you been here? Is it hard to wake up early to go to school?"

 

"Well, Yerin-noona is stay in and she's the one assigned to me. The long drive to school is what keeps me sleepy though.."

 

"Once we get home in Topaz, there will be less travel to school."

 

The kid smiled. "Yay!"

 

Myungsoo smiled to him and pinch his nose. Claud has been recovering from the trauma he got from Cleo's death. Though it’s still sad for them to remember that scene of their lives, they managed to let it all go and accept that Cleo will never come back.

 

--

 

Once the afternoon tea is done, Claud was taken by Myungsoo and Sungyeol to his car along with his luggage’s. Yerin follows too as the kid went to sit on the backseat.

 

The two mothers were emotional but still kissed the kid goodbye. Claud is very excited to see the new renovated and new designed unit in Topaz. Sungyeol wanted to change the ambiance since they already have a kid with them.

 

"Safety first, Kim Claud. Seatbelts on." Myungsoo said as he lean over at the back to help Claud to it.

 

"Did you just call me..."

 

"Yes. From now on, you're Kim Claud. Do you accept---"

 

A loud squeal coming from Claud made Sungyeol suddenly stepped on the breaks. Good thing they're not yet out of the big and wide gardens of the Lee's, making their mother's and Sungyeol's grandparent's worried.

 

"What the--- Kim Claud, did you just squeal? Gosh. I love my life, Baby. Tell me you don't want me in the hospital again." Sungyeol said dramatically, but at the same time, he's amused by seeing Claud so happy that he even lean forward just to hug Myungsoo and Sungyeol from the backseat.

 

"I love you both, Dads..."

 

"And we love you and Cleo soooo much!" Myungsoo kissed Claud's cheek and pinch the younger's nose. "Now, get back to your seat and put your seatbelts on again."

 

"Okay Dads. I can't wait to go home so we could play."

 

"What game do you want to play?" Sungyeol asked. "I can play with you. Today is my day off."

 

"Grandpa lets you take a day off Dad?"

 

"Well... Yeah. I'll be returning tomorrow though."

 

"That mean I'll be left in the house?" the kid asked pouting. "Can't I just come with you, Dads?"

 

"Why? Daddy Myung is yet to report regularly to their office. He's still allowed to stay at home. Unlike Daddy Yeol. I need to fix things thats been waiting for me."

 

Claud turn his head to Myungsoo who was smiling with his dimples. "Really? Daddy Myung will be staying?"

 

"For the next three weeks, yes. But I'll still be working from our house. I can be the one to take and pick you from school. Does that sound good?"

 

"Of course, Dads. That's perfect."

 

Yerin keeps on looking at Sungyeol and how happy he is. She's happy deep inside her because she can see her own sister happy when Sungyeol is happy. And that's more than enough to make her feel that its all worth it, giving her sister's heart to Sungyeol.

 

She remained quiet the whole ride and didn't bother to join the conversation.

 

When they arrived at Topaz, Sungjong was standing in front of their door and was holding a box of cake with Sowon.

 

"Claud is here!"

 

"Oh my, he's so adorable!!"

 

Claud just smiled and it shows dimples from both cheeks, which the two find surprising. They never would've thought that Claud had dimples too.

 

"Hello.. I'm Kim Claud. Adopted son of Kim Myungsoo and Lee Sungyeol."

 

Sowon sit down to make their eye level, even. "Hi. I'm Sowon-noona."

 

"Hello Sowon-noona..." Claud dimpled Sowon and gave her a hug.

 

"Awwww. He's so cute! He looks like a mix of your genes, oppa's!"

 

"You think so?"

 

Sungyeol left the four there and helped Yerin with their things and opened the door to their unit. The interiors are nicely done, everything has changed. From the curtains to the carpets. "Get inside, you guys. I want to show that kid around this unit." he says.

 

"Are the other hyung's coming?" Myungsoo asked Sungjong who was near him. Sowon took Claud and went inside their unit.

 

"They said yes, so I guess they'll be here any minute now."

 

Sungyeol let down the things from his hands and approached Yerin. "There will be times when we'll be needing you to stay in, so your room will be connected to Claud's room. The white door from the right..." he pointed out the door which is beside the blue door. "That's an en suite. You can bring some of your things here. This will also help you to minimize your travel time when going to school..." he turns to Yerin who was listening. "On second thought, why can't you just stay in with us?"

 

"Oppa, I can't do that. I can only be here when you guys needed me."

 

"Ah, really? That's too bad. Okay then. Claud!" Sungyeol called out Claud who was busy looking to the big living room.

 

"Dad, this house is huge too!"

 

"Of course. This is our house. Your room will be next to Yerin-noona, okay?"

 

"Okay! But where's the playroom and the library, Dad?"

 

"The library is divided into two, unlike before. The other side of the library will be my office. The other side will be your side, where you could read books. I've selected lots of books for you to read. Whether its educational or just for fun." Sungyeol sat down in front of Claud who was waiting for anticipation. "The playroom is beside the library. But I'm telling you... you only play after all your school works, okay? You can play every day anytime just as long as you're done with your school works. Understand?"

 

"Yes Dad! I understand. But...how about breakfast?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Myungsoo helped Yerin take all Claud's things inside the kid's room and leave her to arrange the things inside it, and he sat back down in a sofa to listen to the two most important person in his life now.

 

"I mean breakfast Dad... I know how busy you are. And not every day, I'll have you two here... will we at least eat breakfast together?"

 

Sungyeol pat the kid's head and smiled. "Of course, dear. We'll eat together... and since tomorrow, Daddy Myung won't be going to his office regularly yet, you two can always pay me a visit there."

 

"Is that okay? Won't that hinder you from working, Dad?"

 

"As long as its you two, it's never a hinder. Now, look at your own bedroom and greet Cleo. She misses you for sure."

 

Claud run inside his respective bedroom and Sungyeol throw his body near Myungsoo in the sofa. Folded his sleeves and sigh. "I suddenly got tired."

 

"You need your meds?"

 

He shook his head. "It’s too early for that, Love."

 

"Then mind if I---"

 

The doorbell cut Myungsoo's words and Sungjong walked out from the kitchen with Sowon trailing behind him holding a bowl of salad. "Maybe it’s the oppa's?"

 

"I'll get it." Sungjong walks towards the door and open it.

 

Woohyun with Howon came in with cake and ice cream in hand. "Happy Housewarming daaaaay!"

 

"What the hell? We just renovated, we didn't actually brought a hou--"

 

"Shut up and accept these." Woohyun pushes the cake towards Sungyeol's chest and went straight inside the unit. "Where's the kid?"

 

"He's inside his roo---"

 

"Uncle Woo!"

 

"Claud!" Woohyun run towards Claud and hugged the kid. "Hello. How are you?"

 

"I'm fine!" Claud look passed through Woohyun's head and smiled to Howon who was smiling. "Hello, Uncle Howon."

 

"Hi. You're okay here right?"

 

"Yes. I'm super okay, Uncle Woo. How about you and Uncle Gyu? Where is he?"

 

"He's still in his office and working. But he'll be here once he's done."

 

"How about Uncle Dino, Uncle Howon? Where is he?"

 

"He still has one class to attend to, so he'll just follow us soon after."

 

"Oh. That's good. Can we please play, Daddy Yeol? While we're waiting for Uncle Gyu and Uncle Dino? Please?"

 

Sungyeol scratch his nape and looked at Myungsoo who was only smiling at him as if saying "You can never say no to his plead.", and Sungyeol nod to surrender and the three run towards the playroom, while him and Myungsoo together with Sowon and Sungjong walks towards the kitchen.

 

"Is Junhyung-hyung not coming, Sowon?" Myungsoo asked as he opened the box of cake and Sungyeol placed the ice cream inside their refrigerator.

 

"He's in Brussels for business and he'll just follow us in WooGyu's wedding."

 

"Speaking of WooGyu's wedding, is Claud's passport already made?"

 

Myungsoo looked at the two confused. "What do we need a passport for Claud?"

 

"Have you seen the invitation? Their wedding will be in Paris, France. Don't tell me you didn't?"

 

"What? Really?"

 

"Yes!" the two said together and Sowon continues. "We'll be riding their private plane to go there but we still needed passports. So tell me, does Claud have his passport ready?"

 

"Oh my gosh... I didn't know---"

 

Sungyeol came back and was folding his sleeves again. He changes his clothes and he's now in casual clothes. "Love, why didn't you tell me that WooGyu's wedding will be held in Paris France?"

 

Sungyeol gave him a skeptical look. "You haven't seen the invitation? It was written there right?"

 

"What do you me--"

 

"Oh. So you really think I was joking back in the hospital about his passport?" Sungyeol clicked his tongue playfully but smiled soon after. "I already had that done. It's okay. He's ready to go."

 

The younger widen his eyes as Sungyeol winked at him and raised his glass then went to where the others are.

 

"Good thing you have Sungyeol-hyung..."

 

"Yeah. You're marrying a very organized Oppa, Myungsoo-oppa."

 

"Shut up you two." Myungsoo said with giggles and sigh dreamily.

 

--

 

Dongwoo is busy organizing his things before he went to Sungyeol and Myungsoo's unit in Topaz. The dean came in and went straight to his table.

 

"Professor. Jang, goodwork today."

 

"You too, dean."

 

"Don't you want to join us for a drink?"

 

Dongwoo shook his head. "I don't think I can, Dean. I'll be meeting my friends after this."

 

"Oh, you're meeting Nam? Tell him congratulations. He'll soon be married right?"

 

"Yeah." Dongwoo said with a proud smile and played with his pen. "He's very happy for that."

 

"When was it again?"

 

"We're leaving the day after my birthday. We'll be arriving in Paris, France three days before the wedding day."

 

"Wow. That's grand."

 

"Woohyun once told us that if he were to choose on the country that serves Same Marriage, he'll pick Paris, France. And Sunggyu loved him that much to give him what he wants."

 

"True love it is." Dongwoo only nods to that. "How about Lee Sungyeol and the heir of the Kim's? I've heard they're engaged to be married also.""Yeah. I'm not sure about the location yet, but I think they'll have it in Spain."

 

The Dean only nods and seated to his receiving area so he seated across too. "That two have it tough, huh? The Lee's are very tough. I wonder how the other side of their family will accept this whole thing."

 

"What do you mean by that, Dean?"

 

The Dean look at Dongwoo. "They're rich and famous, Jang. I'm sure they care too much for their image. I can't even believe they were given the approval for this."

 

"Well, Sungyeol's grandfather understands the whole situation--"

 

"How about the whole clan? Are your friends sure that the grandfather was the biggest threat? The Lee's are one big family, Jang. They can kicked Sungyeol out of the leadership because of the situation they're into--"

 

"But Kim Sunggyu is in the same position but he wasn't kicked out." Dongwoo argued.

 

"But the Lee's are more powerful than the Kim's. And beside, Sunggyu have an ace to play... does Sungyeol have his own cards to lay too?"

 

 

--

 

He placed his things at the backseat and lean on the driver's seat. Dongwoo is still thinking about his talk with the dean, and he can never be worried for Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

 

Its true that Sungyeol, compared to what Sunggyu had, is in a tighter spot. Though the situation corners his two friend in an almost the same spot, Sungyeol definitely have it tighter and more suffocating.

 

He hit his head gently to the headrest when his phone rang.

 

Cristine Calling...

 

He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw the caller ID.

 

"Why is she calling me now?"

 

He started his engine and let the auto-answer pick the phone. And soon after, Cristine's voice can be heard inside his car.

 

"Cristine?"

 

"You actually picked up..."

 

"I just came out from Woollim U... Do you need anything?"

 

The girl chuckle. "Yeah. You."

 

He rolled his eyes and stepped on the break because of the red light. "Stop joking around. What is it?"

 

"But I'm serious," another giggle

 

"If this call isn't important, I'm hanging u---"

 

"No, wait..." Dongwoo started his car again and listen to what Cristine were about to say. "Your birthday is coming soon..."

 

"I can't believe you remember that."

 

"I remember everything about it. Anyway, since my birthday is five days away from yours, how about take me out on a date?"

 

"What? Are you kidding me? You know I can't. And besides, it’s a weekdays, and we'll probably be in Paris during your birthday since you're also invited by Woo---"

 

"But you'll be celebrating before me. What I'm trying to say is, let me celebrate your birthday with you as a payment."

 

"Payment for what? I don't owe you--"

 

"Oh yes you do."

 

"Cristine... what do you mean by that exactly?"

 

The line went silent and he was already parking inside the Topaz's Parking when Cristine speaks again. "On the day of your birthday, I'll be off from the hospital. And since I came by the time when you most needed me, how about you give me something for a gift?"

 

"Straight to the point Cristine."

 

"Leave one whole day for me. Even if its not yet your birthday, just leave one day open for me. You owe me for saving your friend from dying."

 

And with that, Dongwoo froze in place.

 

"I know you're not the type to walked out on returning favors. So I'm asking you to return mine now. How about it?"

 

Dongwoo didn’t move from where he was standing until Sunggyu tap his shoulder and he jolts and let go of his phone.

 

“It’s just me, dude. What are you still doing here? The others are upstairs already.”

 

“Uh… Yeah. I’ll be right behind you.”

 

Sunggyu watched Dongwoo as he picked up his phone from the ground. His friend is nervous and can’t seem to be at ease but he didn’t say anything anymore and continue walking towards the building.

 

"Cristine, I'm with my friends, so if you don't mind, I'll just call you back to discuss this okay?"

 

"You're with Howon so you can't discuss it now?"

 

"Well, he is my lover. Of course I'm with him."

 

The other line went silent and when he was about to end the call, Cristine spoke again.

 

"Just to remind you, I don't accept no for an answer.

 

"What--"

 

"Bye Dongwoo. I'll wait for your call."

 

Cristine cut the line and Dongwoo was left dumfounded. His mind is thinking fast on how to tell Hoya what just happened.

 

--

 

When Dongwoo came, Sungyeol was the one to open the door.

 

 

"Oh, hyung. You're late. Come. We're about to have di--"


 

"Yeol, can you spare me some time? I need to tell you something."

 

The taller raised an eyebrow but shrugged before closing the door behind him so he can talk with Dongwoo outside their unit since the older looks like troubled about something.

 

"What is it, hyung?"

 

Dongwoo sighed before leaning against the wall weakly. "I'm in trouble. I got myself stuck in some deep ."

 

"I can't understand... Is this about Cristine and Hoya fighting?"

 

"You knew?"

 

"Hoya told me. Guess Doc Cristine wants you back, huh?"

 

Dongwoo nods. "Yeah. Cristine knew about me and Howon. And I'm worried on how to escape her. Howon will never like the idea of me taking Cristine out to celebrate my birthday."

 

"Then don't hyung. You know how Howon's brain works. He's a jealous freak."

 

"But I owe her something."

 

"And what is that?"

 

"She saved you. I asked for that. She rushed to go to where you are because I asked her to... I can't believe she's using that as an excuse to take me out."

 

Sungyeol left his mouth open for a while. So he's involved.

 

"She's so sly..." Sungyeol whispers.

 

"I know right. I can't blame her. I hurt her--"

 

"But you'll hurt her more if you continue being with her when the one you really loved is Howon."

 

Myungsoo opened the door and saw Sungyeol leaning against the handrails and Dongwoo leaning against the wall. He was about to call them because they're waiting for the other two before they eat, but he was stopped when Sungyeol turn around to meet Dongwoo's eyes.

 

"What's your plan, hyung?"

 

"I don't know. Should I tell Howon?"

 

"No! You can't tell him. He'll kill you."

 

"But--"

 

"Here's the plan... go meet her. And this time, make sure to make it clear with her that you and she are over. Okay?"

 

"What if he--"

 

"What are you two talking about?"

 

Sungyeol immediately let go of Dongwoo's collar and the older fell on the floor with his . Myungsoo was frozen at place while Howon is looking at the two as if they've been caught in act.

 

"Oh my Gosh, Hyung sorry!" Sungyeol aided Dongwoo who reached out for his hand. "Goodness, Howon. Don't suddenly show up like that. Are you trying to kill me?"

 

"That didn't answer my question. What are you guys talking about?"

 

"Nothing. What are you two even doing there?" Sungyeol asked his Myungsoo who was glaring at him. "I told you, I'll pick Dongwoo-hyung from here."

 

"But it took you so long to go back. So we got curious, so I said I'll check you guys out. But then, I heard you two talking about something that seems important. So I--"

 

"You stayed and listen?" the taller gave his lover a disappointed look.

 

"Well ye--"

 

"So what if he stayed and listened? Now tell me what are you guys talking about? And who's 'her'?"

 

"Her is... Sebin! Remember my niece? Sebin wanted me to take her out on a date on the day of my birthday but... but..."

 

"But since he'll be planning his birthday with you, he wanted to at least meet Sebin before your plan with him. Maybe before his birthday. Right hyung?"

 

"Y-yeah. That. Sebin says she wanted a quality time with me even if it’s just a whole day."

 

Howon gave them his famous look with matching eyebrows and shrugged. "Okay then. Take Sebin out. But tell me your location okay? Now get inside. I'm hungry. I want to eat."

 

But Myungsoo won't have it and glare at Sungyeol. The taller whisper something to him and he hit his shoulder.

 

"I'll tell you some other time. Not now, Love."

 

--

 

Myungsoo looked at Claud who was standing in front of their door with his hand on his back.

 

"Didn't I tell you the lock codes, Kim Claud? Why did you rang the doorbell? Anyway get inside. I'm preparing Daddy Yeol's lunch. We're going to pay him a visit today right? "

 

Myungsoo turn around to arrange Claud's things in his back pack for their visit on Sungyeol's office that day. He'll ask the taller about what was that about with Dongwoo that he didn't managed to tell him last night because of the situation.

 

Their friends stayed longer and almost sleep over when Woohyun got drunk. Thank God, Sunggyu carried him out of their unit before he vomited. Howon as usual, didn't get drunk and watched the whole scene with amusement. Claud slept early because he has classes today.

 

He was placing Claud's change of clothes inside his bag when Claud called him out again.

 

"D-dad... "

 

"What is it? I said get inside Kim Clau--- what are those? Wait... Are those ducklings?! Where did you--"

 

"I saw them back in the park... I think they were abandoned since they're placed inside a box... But--"

 

"Are you giving me that look because you wanted to keep them?" the kid nods cutely. "Baby, no. Byeol is a cat, and even if those are ducklings, they're still Byeol's type. We have Byeol here. She might eat them... "

 

"But we can't actually leave them unattended in the streets right? They might get roasted by some hungry bad guys there."

 

"Claud..."

 

The kid continue giving him with those pleading eyes and Myungsoo can't say no anymore so he decided to call Sungyeol to cancel their visit that day so he can help Claud with the ducks.

 

--

 

When Sungyeol got home, he found Myungsoo in the kitchen making dinner with Claud who was standing on a chair as he watched Myungsoo cut vegetables. They look so cute from a far that he didn't bother to say hello that instant.

 

"When will Daddy Yeol come back?"

 

"He'll be back soon. Don't worry."

 

"Hmmm... I wanted to show him my perfect exam in math and science. Will he be proud of me, Dad?"

 

"Of course he will. You're his son."

 

"I am your son too, Dad."

 

"You're right. Now, be a good son and placed plates on the table while I finish coo-- how long have you been there?"

 

"DAD!"

 

"Hi handsome, hello Love. I've been here for quite some time. Miss me?"

 

Claud run towards Sungyeol and the taller carried him while he kissed Myungsoo. "I miss you Dad!"

 

"I miss you too, baby. You have something to show me? Your things are scattered all over the place in the living room. What if Aga played with it. Not to mention, Byeol."

 

"They're inside my room, Dad. Anyway, put me down so I can show you."

 

Sungyeol let him down and hugged Myungsoo who was already back facing him. "How about you, Love? Don't you miss me?"

 

"Are you kidding me? Of course I missed you. Don't be silly for once, Yeol."

 

"Hmmm... You smell good." Sungyeol buried his face to the shallow of Myungsoo's neck and gave it a slight kissmarks before Claud came back. He let go of Myungsoo who pouts and turn to Claud.

 

"Look Dad! I ace it."

 

"Wow, Kim Claud. You're one of a kind. What do you want for a present?"

 

"I want nothing dad. I just want to make you two proud and I don't want to disappoint you two and make you regret that you adopted me... "

 

"Hey. That will never happen, Baby. You're our baby. Stop with the insecurities that we'll regret adopting you once you failed one exam." Myungsoo said and knelt down to meet Claud's eyes. "We are raised that way and we know how that feels, but you're our son. And we're different from our family."

 

"He's right, Baby. Though I appreciate how you do things this way. Keep up the good work but never think of us regretting for adopting you, okay? That will never happen. Anyway, I have something for you. Remember Woohyun and Sunggyu?"

 

"Yes... Uncle Woo and Uncle Gyu. Why?"

 

"They're getting married in France. You know that right?"

 

The kid nods.

 

"Wait Dad... Are we going to France?"

 

Sungyeol nods and took something from the back of his pants. "Ta-da! Your very own passport! All we have to do is to let them take you picture. When I fixed this, I wasn't with you yet."

 

Claud took the passport from him and looked at it with wide eyes. "You'll be coming with us since you're included in our family." Sungyeol turn to Myungsoo and smiled. "Don't be too surprised, but we're leaving after Dongwoo-hyung's birthday. And that's, two days from now. We'll arrive there three days before the wedding."

 

"This is really finally happening, huh?"

 

"And we're next after them." Sungyeol winked and kiss Myungsoo's lips. "Anyway, why did you cancel on me? I didn't go down to eat you know? I was expecting you both."

 

Myungsoo remained silent while Claud froze and pull the hem of his shirt.

 

"What is it, Baby?"

 

The kid continued looking at him while Myungsoo kissed Sungyeol's cheek to make the taller look at him. "He wanted to show you something... it's in the terrace garden."

 

"Huh?"

 

The two pulled Sungyeol's arms and lead him to the terrace garden. And there, he saw a makeshift cage and a roof on it. Inside the makeshift is a light. And...

 

"Are those... ducklings?" Sungyeol asked the two who was looking down on the ground. "Those are ducklings, right? Kim Claud? Kim Myungsoo? Raise your heads."

 

The two raises their heads and meet Sungyeol's eyes. "How many are in there?"

 

"5 ducks..." Claud answered.

 

Myungsoo is playing with his fingers while Claud is looking around avoiding Sungyeol's gaze.

--

Author's note: Angst is not yet over for this story~ <3