4: Nightmare ~ Don't Need You

WHOLE

Myungsoo's POV

I tried to grab him.

 

To hug him.

 

To touch him.

 

But I failed...

 

He's leaving.

 

He's fast approaching the departure door...

 

I can't breath.

 

I can't move an inch to where i am...

 

Sungyeol... where are you going?

 

When are you coming back?

 

Will it take you five years again?

 

Yeollie...

 

Yeollie... why aren't you answering me?

 

Yeollie...

 

Have I done something wrong?

 

Don't you love me anymore?

 

...

 

"SUNGYEOL!"

 

Sweat. I'm sweating again. I look around and I'm still inside my room... dark room. .

 

This nightmare again. The nightmare that keeps on rewinding itself in my head when I'm not in his room...

 

His room...

 

His warm room where I can feel at ease.

 

I sit up then run my hands through my sweaty face...

 

I need to get out of here.

 

I have to get out.

 

I run as fast as I could to reach the place where I left Sungyeol before sleeping...

 

But he's not there.

 

My heart started to beat faster...

 

And faster...

 

. Where is he?

 

I open the bathroom. He's not there. He's not in his playroom. He's not in the terrace garden. He's not in the kitchen.

 

. . .

 

Where is he?

 

I grab my coat. Not minding if I'm still wearing pajamas. I need to see him. I need to find him.

 

Where is he? Where is he?

 

I opened my door and found out that it's already morning. Sungjong and Sowon opened the door from our unit next to Sungyeol's. But I didn't mind them.

 

"Oppa! Good morning! Where are you going still wearing pajamas?"

 

"Have you seen Sungyeol?"

 

"Aren't you living together? Why are you asking us that?"

 

I clicked my tongue and push the button of the elevator.

 

"He's not in our room..."

 

"Maybe he left early for a meeting?"

 

"No. He's not regularly reporting in their company by this time."

 

"How did you know that?"

 

"I called his dad last night."

 

We waited for the elevator to come to us.

 

"Is that the reason why you're out early in the morning in your pajamas?"

 

"And you're sweating oppa... are you sure you're okay?"

 

"I will be... if I... if I see him I will be..."

 

The elevator door opened.

 

"Oh, hi guys. Good morning. Going out to jog?"

 

Sungyeol's annoying sweaty face greeted me together with Woohyun-hyung. He's wearing a plain black shirt and a jogging pants and he's holding his phone with his other hand with a earphone over it.

 

Sowon and Sungjong nods to the two and Sungyeol looked at me. "You don't look like you're out to jog... just woke up?"

 

Tears flung in my eyes and I slide down to sit on the floor as I continue looking at Sungyeol's face.

 

Oh my God... what did this man do to me for me to react like this?

 

"Woah! Myungsoo, why are you crying?" Woohyun-hyung slumped down to give me a check but Sungyeol stopped him.

 

"He's okay." he cupped my face with both palms and kissed my forehead. "You woke up in the wrong side of the bed?" I nod and he broke a smile. "I see. Well, we have here breakfast. I called Yerin already and asked her not to come today. Woohyun called me earlier for a jog so I just obliged. I didn't know you'll woke up this early."

 

I let Sungyeol held my hand as he typed in the pass code back in our unit. Woohyun-hyung is following us close by and was texting while his other hand is occupied with food.

 

"You have work today too right? You should sleep more, Myungsoo. I don't want you fainting just because you're sleepy."

 

I nod again and he pats my head to that. He lead me to his room and open the door for me. His AC is still open and his blinds are still closed. His bed are slightly out of place. He took the covers and asked me to lie down. Which I did cause I really need to sleep. In his bed.

 

"I'll wake you up at 8am, okay? But, aren't you hungry?"

 

I shook my head. "Okay. I'll feed you once I wake you up later. For now, sleep."

 

I give him my back and tried to sleep. I sniff his scent lingers with the pillow. Its much clearer now. His scent is back. The smell of lavender from him never faints. His scent that I missed so much for five years.

 

The door closed as I feel the heavy eyelids of my eyes closing.

 

--

 

I woke up before 8am. And I know I'm inside his room since I slept so good. I stretch my arms upward and that's when the door flew open.

 

"Oh, you're awake. I was about to--"

 

"I'm not going to work today."

 

"Huh? Why?" he asked as he change his T-shirt before looking at me again. "Does your dad knows about this?"

 

"I can skip if I want to."

 

"Myung, you have to go--"

 

"I said I'll skip."

 

He stare at me blankly then sigh. "Okay. I'll tell your dad. You can stay here."

 

"Can you... accompany me somewhere?"

 

Sungyeol was dialling someone on his phone and didn't bother looking at me. "Where? I'm free till the next two weeks. I'm planning to go back regularly to--"

 

I straighten my back suddenly, "Go back to where?"

 

"Woah, Myung. I mean I'm ready to go back regularly in LGC after two weeks. Not in Spain. And besides, my grandparents wants to see you. And meet you."

 

"Why?"

 

"Duh, because they know you."

 

"How?"

 

"Just.. just come okay? You tell me when you're ready. They're staying here for as long as it takes. I already told them that you're not ready to face them yet since you know... it's been five years. And I don't know when you'll take me back. Though the engagement--"

 

"Oh please. Not that again."

 

I leave his bed and walk out of the room. Woohyun-hyung is nowhere to be found. I turn around only to bump on Sungyeol's chest so I move farther.

 

"Where's Woohyun-hyung?"

 

"Out. Gyu-hyung called."

 

"I see."

 

He went over the counter and reheat all the food from the Tupper wear. And while I'm waiting, I make myself some coffee.

 

"So, where should I accompany you today?"

 

"I don't know. I want to... go on a beach where there's less people."

 

"That's kinda... hard to find. But okay."

 

He grab his phone since it was ringing from my side. And I think I saw the caller. Which made my heart grew tighter.

 

Kim Taeyeon calling....

 

He set it on loudspeaker mode. I was about to go, but the food he put down before me makes me stop on doing that.

 

"Taeyeon? What's up?"

 

"Hi, Sungyeol. About the inquiries you made. Shall we meet one of these days regarding of your choice?"

 

"Ah, yeah. Sure. Not today though. I have something planned just now."

 

"Oh, that's okay. We can meet one of these days before this week ends, so please make some time."

 

"Sure. I don't mind. I'll call you back."

 

"What business do you have with her?"

 

I asked while putting some foods in my mouth. I don't really mind her calling since he put it on loudspeaker. I kinda appreciate that one. At least I know he's inquiring about something.

 

"I'm looking for a house..."

 

One brow raise and I stop chomping on my food. "A house? For?"

 

"Us."

 

I suddenly gulped hardly making my chest hurt for the sudden act which made me reach for the water beside me which is Sungyeol's. He helped me with the water and run gentle circles against my back as I tried to minimize the pain..

 

"What the hell... Oh God, that hurts... what did you just say?"

 

"Now that you know, mind reaching the conclusion with me? I... your decision matters to me on this. Wait here."

 

"Sungyeol, what are you up to?"

 

Sungyeol left me there and entered his room maybe to get something. I think I'll have a indigestion.

 

He came back with a magazine in his hands and he put it down before me.

 

"So, you see... I'm having a hard time selecting which would suit your tastes when it comes to houses. So... I want your honest opinion to this."

 

"Do you expect me to really give out my opinion? I already told you, tell me your reasons for leaving me first before you have your hands around me again." I crossed my arms and roll my eyes on him. "And you says something about living together with you in a house?"

 

"Myung, I want us to have our own house if... we were to get married. Although I know now that you marrying me will be depending on the reasons I have for leaving... but, I'm not afraid to take risk that you'll give me a chance so... come on. Help me with this."

 

I gave him a glare like I normally do before checking out the magazine. The houses are...

 

"I don't want any of these houses. Its so huge. Id rather stay here in Topaz than live there."

 

"What? Don't you want a mansion?"

 

"I don't want a mansion, Lee Sungyeol. I'm not the type to like those types."

 

"So you prefer... small houses?"

 

"Yes. With much comfort. Without being scared of getting lost inside it. And... I want to keep this unit too."

 

"We'll keep this of course. This is my first investment for myself. There's no way I'll throw this out."

 

I watched his expression changes into a proud looking one. Of course. GSSC is his pride and possession. Its his first contribution as the Lee's heir. And even though it wasn't revealed in the first few years, it was out to the public that Lee Sungyeol owned GSSC since he was sixteen once he turned 18. That's the first and last news we got from him from Spain, it was also the first year he stayed there. It keeps on expanding. It also has three branches in Spain. Ruby, Amethyst and Diamond are there.

 

"Just curious..." he looked at me as he washed the dishes. "I heard about this resort you're planning on building outside Seoul and my family kinda have a contribution to it. Mind telling me the name of that future resort? Since you're very much into gem stones. I assume another gem stone name for it?"

 

"Aquamarine and Peridot are soon to rise in New York. Pearl is the official GSSC residence that will rise along with that resort. But the resort's name are yet to be... discussed."

 

"So all in all here in Korea, you have, Topaz, Opal, Emerald and Sapphire. And Pearl will rise soon with that resort. New York has Peridot and Aquamarine. Spain has Ruby, Amethyst and Diamond. That only leaves, Garnet and Turquoise."

 

"There's no way I'll name the resort to those remaining gems. And besides, I'm taking GSSC residence all the way to London. So I'll surely put Garnet and Turquoise there."

 

I only nod to that. I don't really know where his obsession for gem stones came from, but I can see he's happy so I have nothing to ask.

 

"So will you tell me what's your reasons are now?"

 

"Myung.. please. Not that. Not now. Just give me more time, okay? I swear I came back for you."

 

I heave a sigh as I stare at him blankly. I no longer know how I'll be able to put up with him... and I don't know why I'm still waiting for him.

 

Maybe because part of me knows that his reason for leaving me five years ago is positive to our relationship.

 

--

 

We decided to rode a bus from where we are to reach our destination for that day. He's been checking his phone since we left our unit but soon I found out that he's asking the others if they're free. But the other decline half heatedly even though they really wanted to go out and play. Part of me become thankful for that because I really wanted to have an alone time with Sungyeol. After that nightmare I had, I just wanted to get used to the feeling of him being close to me again.

 

I'm seated on the window seat while he's seated beside me looking around the bus with a coffee on his hand.

 

"I wonder why there aren't too many people..."

 

"That's because it's office day today. People are probably working."

 

He nods and lend me his coffee. "Want some? Its still hot though."

 

"No thanks. I want to sleep so wake me up when we get there."

 

"Seriously? You'll sleep on me? So heartless, Myungsoo.."

 

"I changed. What do you expect?"

 

"Yeah. I know. Go to sleep then. I'll wake you up once we're there."

 

I positioned myself to sleep but I know I can't really sleep because I wanted to enjoy the view. I closed my  eyes but left it open though very small, I can still see Sungyeol. And I know he's checking out his phone.

 

Like me, he changed a lot too. With his appearance and all. He's more mature, though he still act like a kid. And I realized that he's still wearing our rings and the bracelet. That suddenly made me think that the ring Taemin and Key saw was this. And he kept on mentioning about our engagement. I roll my eyes internally as I remember that. Ever since I saw him since he came back, he's been talking about our engagement. I'm yet to removed the bracelet and the ring from my finger and wrist.

 

And I won't try to deny that I'm over him. Cause I'll throw myself on embarrassment cause my heart wants what it wants. And Sungyeol is what it wants.

 

"What the hell, Woohyun..."

 

He heard his lover murmur then broke a smile. Then suddenly, a very light giggle.

 

Sungyeol then dialled someone's number and waited for it to connect.

 

"Woohyun, the are you up to?"

 

"I'm out from college now. Where are you taking Myungsoo?"

 

"He wanted to go to a beach where there's less people. Will you be driving on your way there?"

 

"Yes. Sunggyu-hyu--- why am I calling him hyung? I'm his fiance. Damn it, anyway, we decided to follow you guys. But are you sure Myungsoo want us there?"

 

"I think he rather want you guys here than being alone with me.." he sigh and I closed my eyes shut before he turn his head on me. I can feel the weight of his stare and then his soft lips pressed over my forehead. I can feel he's caressing my hair. "If I ended up losing and ing our situation to worst, I'll go home to where my grandparents are. If Myungsoo doesn't really want me anymore... and I think you already knew that Myungsoo hates being around me. So I'm surprised to be asked by him to accompany him on a beach. So might as well you guys follow us. The tension between us might subside a little then."

 

"You really love him, huh?"

 

"Of course I do. I wouldn't leave him behind five years ago to clean the path ahead of us if I don't. I already told you that, Woo..."

 

"I know. Anyway, I'll call them okay? Just message me the name of the beach you'll be into."

 

"Okay. Thanks Woo. I owe you."

 

What does he mean by... "I wouldn't leave him behind five years ago to clean the path ahead of us if I don't."?

 

Does that mean, he leave me with a purpose at hand?

 

--

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

We reached our destination and I need to help Myungsoo with his things since its a lot. And I don't know why he carry a lot. Maybe we will be staying here for a month. Yeah, that's the amount of his things.

 

"Myung, do you prefer camping? We  can rent a-- where the hell did you went off to?"

 

I turn around only to see no sign of Myungsoo around so I have to excuse myself for awhile with the person on the counter. That beach is.. what we can call located in the outskirts of town. But nonetheless, it's still cool. Blue sea, clean surrounding and beach houses that can be rented for how many days depending on  you and your partner or whoever it is you came with.

 

But I have to look for Myungsoo before anything else. I know he's mad at me for not telling him anything, but he won't leave me here.

 

I turn to where the pine trees are and found him there beside the vendor. Myungsoo is under the shades of the trees and was busy taking pictures. I let his luggage down beside him and he finally took his time to look at me.

 

"Oh, where have you been?"

 

"The Myungsoo? I was busy trying to check us inside the resort. What the are you doing here?"

 

An "o" formed his lips and he suddenly smile. Okay, there's no way I'll be mad to that. He just gave me one warm smile since I came here. Not smirk. No sarcasm. Pure smile.

 

"Sorry... I was caught off guard by the surroundings. Anyway, if you are checking us inside and planning to rent a whole beach house, I don't mind. The hyungs and Sungjong will be here right?"

 

"How did you know?"

 

"I kinda overheard you talking to Woohyun-hyung. Choose the one that could fit us all inside."

 

"You'll stay here?"

 

"And guard our things, yes. I'll just take more pictures and wait for you here."

 

I sigh and put all my things down too beside him and left him there.

 

The cashier is smiling widely now and I smile too. "About the inquiries, I wanted to rent one beach house where ten people can fit in."

 

"Will there be a girl with you sir?"

 

"Actually, we won't exceed ten, we're nine, but just to be sure. So, yes we have one girl coming."

 

"Is it okay if you just have out the keys go their room?"

 

"Yes sure. That's fine."

 

"Okay, your room has centralized air condition sir. Is that okay?"

 

"Yes of course. It's not totally hot today though. Its not even summer yet."

 

She just gave me a smile and tap her computer. "How many days will you be occupying the said house sir?"

 

"I don't know. Depending on the mood of... I mean, depending on my friends. We will surely stay for the night."

 

"Okay. Please inform us with all the changes with your plans, Sir. To avoid confusion and delays. Here are your keys. You have two bathrooms in total. And a front porch with a set of wooden seats and tables."

 

After thanking her, I went back to where Myungsoo is. And true to his words, he's still there snapping some photos. If we are in the good condition of our relationship, I'll put my arm around his waist and lead him inside our beach house. But he might push me to the sea, so I kinda have to control myself with that.

 

I watched him for a few seconds before my phone beeps. Its Woohyun saying they'll be here for thirty minutes more so it's better to just leave some instruction to the front desk and go ahead.

 

"Myung, let's go. Woohyun says it's okay to wait inside now."

 

He turn his head. "Oh, wait. Just a little more."

 

I sigh and walk towards him to grab his things and my things. He's carrying one backpack and carrying this shoulder bag will hinder him for all that photo shoot he's doing.

 

"Okay I'm done! Eh?" he look around and I look over my wrist watch. "Where are my things?"

 

"On me. Faster, we need to leave instructions in the front desk for Woohyun and the other's arrival. Come on."

 

"You don't have to carry my things... I can carry it."

 

"Said by someone who runs like a kid as soon as we arrived leaving all his things on me." I said sarcastically and poke his head. "Come on. We need to hurry. I'm tired with the bus ride. We should've come with a car."

 

"Don't be such a spoiled brat."

 

"I'm not. I'm just suggesting something better than a public transportation."

 

"Well I prefer travelling with a public transportation. Is that something too much to ask from you?"

 

I was taken back not because of what he says, but because of his pout. I will surely succumbed to his cuteness if we're okay, but we're not so this is kinda a low blow for me. Seeing him like this won't help me to calm down.

 

After leaving the front desk a instruction that our friends are on the way here, me and Myungsoo went inside of the resort and I'm amused on how Myungsoo run around again. He's like a kid playing with sand suddenly. I don't mind watching him, I can surely watch him all day, but his bags are heavy so I kinda have to pull him inside.

 

"Myungsoo, I don't want to leave you here alone. Lets get out things settled inside our beach house, and we'll be out here in no time."

 

"I got used to being alone for five years. A few minutes won't hurt me..."

 

I once again shoot my eyebrows up. He's writing something on the sand and I sat down beside him to grab the stick on his hand. "I don't want to leave you alone and add a few more minutes to that five years that we have between us. Lets go inside okay?"

 

He nod and dusted himself and held my hand. Okay, I didn't see this coming at all. Him holding my hands is new to me suddenly.

 

Maybe because it's been five years.

 

Yeah, because it's been five years since I last held his hand, so I squeezed his back lightly to let him know that I'm beside him again.

 

Though he doesn't seem to care that moment. But I still smiled.

 

 

--

 

 

The beach house I rented deserves the amount of it. It has three rooms with three beds each. One bunk bed and one single bed. Myungsoo is thinking whether he wanted to keep one room and share it with Sungjong and Sowon once they arrived.

 

"Is Sowon arriving with Junhyung-hyung?"

 

"I think so. Why?"

 

"I want to share a room with her and Jongie."

 

"You sure you'll be okay?"

 

"I'm still alive after five years without you, do you expect me to---"

 

"Ugh, I was just asking since this morning you woke up, and you cried. I was so scared and I don't know what to do even though I kinda controlled the situation since I can feel it that you woke up pretty badly."

 

He looked at me with sarcastic glint from his eyes before he grab his things and open one door.

 

"I don't need you."

 

And he closed the door on me. Not caring of looking back to see how his words hurt me.

 

--

Author's Note: I can't keep this away from angst. Dedicating this to a friend who reminded me to update now since i promised her that I'll update at 12mn last night HAHA Hi, Tine! <3