11: Myungsoo Find Out ~ Howon Saw ~ Hurry Up

WHOLE

Author's Note: Since I won't be around tomorrow for my updates, I'm letting this one out earlier than expected. :) No "SURE" regular updates starting next week. My Preliminary Exams are coming and I need to study (though i rarely do that. HAHA) I'm not promising anything, forgive me. :)

 

COMMENTS ARE VERY MUCH ACCEPTED. So does questions. Feel free to do so. :)

 

~ChekkyChoding9195 <3

 

--

 

Myungsoo's POV

 

I woke up and feel the other side of the bed cold and empty. I had my eyes flew opened with that feeling of emptiness.

 

I slowly stood up and covered myself with my comforter.

 

Why is Sungyeol's side of the bed feel so empty as if he didn't even lay down last night?

 

I went out of my room and the clock struck 2:37pm to my surprised.

 

"Maybe he went out to work..."

 

I murmur to myself before making myself a coffee. I'm except for the comforter but I don't care. Yerin isn't here anyway.

 

I shamelessly sat down on the sofa after I grabbed my phone from our room and dialled Sungyeol's number.

 

"The subscriber you are calling is--"

 

What the heck? Why is his phone off?

 

I then called his mother.

 

"This is Kim Myungsoo... is Mrs. Lee home?"

 

"Wait for a second, sir."

 

After a few seconds, I could hear Mrs. Lee from the other line.

 

"Mrs. Lee, is Sungyeol there?"

 

"Why would he be here dear? You're living together."

 

I bit my lip and run my hand through my face. "He's not here when I woke up. Is he needed back in the office?"

 

"No. I don't think he'll be meeting his father today either."

 

Okay, now I'm panicking. He's not picking up, he's nowhere to be found and he's not with his parents. Where is he exactly?

 

"Mrs. Lee, thanks. I need to go."

 

I didn't wait for her to answer back and get inside the bathroom faster and get myself ready.

 

After twenty minutes I'm out of Topaz's parking lot and drive myself to LGC. Maybe he's there. I need to ease my mind no matter how painful my lower body is. I don't like what I'm feeling especially when he's nowhere beside me.

 

I asked the valet to park my car as I went inside faster gaining a lot of confused and surprised faces. I used the VIP elevator and pressed the floor where his dad might be at the moment.

 

I was greeted by his father's secretary.

 

"Young Kim. You're here too?"

 

"What do you mean? Is Sungyeol here?"

 

"Huh? No. You're Dad came inside just now. Are you here to meet Mr. Lee too?"

 

I gave him one confused look. Dad is here? Why?

 

"Can I go inside?" I asked.

 

"Sure. They're not in a meeting anyway. And I was instructed to accommodate everyone from both families after the said announcement."

 

"Announcement?"

 

"Your engagement with the young heir, of course."

 

I look at him again and waited for him to follow that up and he did.

 

"It was not kept from us that you two are engaged and the ceremony will be next Friday. We are all given an invitation today."

 

"You are what?"

 

"You didn't know?"

 

I roll my eyes and left him there. I went inside the office and was surprised with the scene before me.

 

What. The. ?

 

Dad... seated over  Mr. Lee's executive table... leaning forward to Mr. Lee himself... and... k-kissing?

 

I was about to turn my back when I hit the vase over the cabinet beside me that causes them to look at me.

 

"M-Myungsoo?!"

 

"I.. I was about to l-leave... sorry--"

 

"No wait! Wait please!"

 

I stopped and Dad caught my wrist. I started to shake from his touch but I didn't know what to do as he lead me to sit in the sofa.

 

"T-tell me you're n-not having an a-affair, D-dad... Mr. Lee..."

 

"No! For goodness sake, no! Before you conclude anything, let us explain please..."

 

"You.. can start anytime you're ready."

 

He nod and bit his lips. Mr. Lee seated on a single sofa beside me which makes me seated between them. Dad held my hand tightly as he begins.

 

"W-we are... lovers from college, Myungsoo..."

 

"What?!"

 

"Y-yes... we was. But Sungjen was engaged with my best friend... Sungyeol's mom. But she ship me and Sungjen like how Sowon ship you and Sungyeol now... only with us, Sungjen didn't have the courage to turn his back on his responsibilities because what he have back then was more challenging and nerve racking than what Sungyeol has... they marry each other only to shut the people around them without the feelings... I was broken hearted..."

 

"You mean... he's the man that--"

 

"Yes. That was me, Myungsoo."

 

My eyes turn to Mr. Lee's down face. He's playing with his hands and was shaking as well.

 

"The one who was torn between responsibilities and his lover was me..."

 

I was speechless for a few minutes when Sungyeol came to mind. "D-does Sungyeol know?"

 

The two nods. "He find us out... five years ago. Before he went away to go back to Spain."

 

"We had a talk before all the talk we had. You know how your Dad gave Sungyeol his card right? For them to meet. Sungyeol made you believe that he'll be meeting him some other day, but no. Because Sungyeol came to Sapphire after he sees you off. And that gives him the reason to think about what lies before you two... your Dad was so afraid for your sake and I was too... I don't want my son creating the same mistake again so I gave him advises that could probably save you both from misery..."

 

"You mean... you guys asked him to--"

 

"No we didn't. He decided to do that on his own. He wanted to protect you and your relationship. The only thing he has in mind to do that, was to go back in Spain and talk things with his grandparents, and maybe, reach a agreement with them. He lay a bet before me in order to keep you. And that is... to wait for him to come back after five years. He'll do everything to keep you, that even if he is yet to have his grandparents' go signal to go back, he surely comes back to tell me he's claiming you back..."

 

That suddenly make sense now. Sungyeol was playing with all the bets he has on his hands all those years without me knowing.

 

"He didn't blackmail you two about this relationship of yours right?"

 

"He's supportive, Myungsoo..."

 

Myungsoo's Dad and Mr. Lee gave him a smile and tell him everything that had happened that night.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"How--- how did you..."

 

"I'm a Lee. I'll know it once I feel something from it, I cannot be fooled, Dad. Mr. Kim."

 

I sigh as I look at them. "I need you to promise me something, Mr. Kim. Dad."

 

"What is it?" they asked in unison.

 

"I realized upon talking to Dad the other night that what we have before us could make me lose everything....but I don't give a damn about what I have now if I won't have Myungsoo in my future..."

 

The younger Lee look into their eyes and gave the two older a faint smile.

 

"I can lose them all in one go.. but not Myungsoo... so here's what I have for both of you.."

 

"Interesting. Are you asking me to bet on you?"

 

"No. I need your trust for me to do this. I'm the one betting on you... but first things first. After I went away and I know for sure that Myungsoo will be mad after that since I'm planning on leaving the country without saying anything to him... this is where I want your help Dad."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Secure him in my unit in Topaz. I know for sure that the moment I left, he won't leave the country with Mr. Kim."

 

"How sure are you on that? And are you asking me to make my son hate me more?" Mr. Kim smirked. "I can make him go with me.."

 

"I doubt that. His papers are with me and I'm taking it with me in Spain as well. And you won't make him cooperate with you..." he smirked back.

 

Mr. Kim smiled because he knows he won't be able to take his son away from this man who was so willing to keep his son.

 

"And... once he's secured in Topaz, I want you guys to make sure that he'll be okay."

 

"Wait son... why are you saying this as if you're sure that once you went away, you won't be able to come back?"

 

"I'm thinking ahead of time, Dad. I know grandpa so well, that even me being locked  up back in Spain is so clear to me from here..." the younger let out a faint bitter smile. "I know they will get mad and will keep me away from coming back no matter how hard I'll try to free myself."

 

"Then how could you make me trust you that you won't hurt my son and that you'll come back?."

 

"Five years, Mr. Kim. I only need five years to ask from you. And if I'm not back till that five years run out, I'll let you pushed through with his engagement with Jung Sowon." he then shrug and lean back on his seat. "Not that I won't be able take him back either way even if he's married though..."

 

Mr. Kim clench his teeth as the younger challenged the hell out of him and it's making him excited. The younger before him is more than  willing to throw everything on the line for him to keep his son and it's making everything worth his time.

 

"How sure are you that he won't be able to forget about you? Wont decide to let go of the feelings he has for you? That he will keep his feelings for you?"

 

"That's my own problem to face once I get back, Mr. Kim. Five years from now once I came back, everything that comes after it, is all in Myungsoo's hand."

 

"Are you saying that you'll challenge your grandparents there just to keep Kim Myungsoo? You're that desperate to keep my son?"

 

"Yes. And I'm not even sorry for that."

 

The younger Lee once again met their eyes and gave them a faint smile. "Running away from fate isn't something I will have in my mind. I know what I have lying before me is ready to keep me on the grounds, but I won't let it tame me... I know what I'm asking from you two is too much, and I myself is doubting myself if I could make it... but I'd rather test and bet on everything than let Myungsoo slipped away from me that easily..."

 

He sigh. "I may be trusting too much of him, but I know that his feelings for me aren't that shallow... what we have is real and worth fighting for... Kim Myungsoo is worth fighting for, Mr. Kim... I'm betting on him on this. Betting my everything for him on this. And betting on you for me to have him."

 

The younger finally stood up. "Sometimes, giving up is the best option. And trusting might be painful. But if that means keeping the one you love beside you, then it's fine... I'm this greedy. And I'm sorry I love him too much that I ended up being this selfish. But you have to understand that I ain't backing out without a fight."

 

FLASHBACK ENDS

 

My hands shakes as I heard those confession from the two older men. I was dumbfounded by how Sungyeol did everything behind my back just to fight for us. How much he sacrificed for us.

 

"My son knows how and who to bet on, Kim Myungsoo... and now that you've heard this story from our point of view, you probably realized how much he sacrificed for the both of you."

 

Mr. Lee gave me a fond smile and held my Dad's hand firmly.

 

"If it isn't for my son... I wouldn't be able to be this close to your father again..If it isn't about him being able to read ahead of time, everything wouldn't be so perfect now."

 

His Dad bit his lip as he turned to me. "He didn't just saved Sowon's relationship, but us too... from all this heartaches and rejections... and son..."

 

Dad stood up only to hug me tightly. "I'm so glad that you found someone who will stand by you... that someone who could protect you... I'm sorry for everything that I've done to you..."

 

"No Dad... I should be the one who's sorry on this. I should be the one apologizing because you're nothing but a protective father... but I refused to acknowledge that..."

 

I smiled as Dad pats my head. But a question creeps inside my head. "Does Mom knows?"

 

Dad smiled shyly. "She's Sungjen's best friend and your Mrs. Lee's right? They've been asking for our part two ever since we met again..."

 

"You mean, they knew all along but push through with the engagement?"

 

"Sungjen pushed through with it. He was so scared with all the expectations given to him as the next heir. I was left by him, brokenhearted. Then, your Mom, who happens to be Sungjen's best friend aided me and gave me the plan. She asked me to marry her in order to protect the Kim Group of Companies. For fifteen years, Myungsoo. I did everything I could to break free from them. From the Lee's. And when you and Sungyeol met in England, that's the last push I need to finally act independently. I let go of being one of LGC's biggest business partners. Me and Sungjen treated each other as casually as possible during those years. We communicate through our people. I was so scared that history would repeat itself. That Sungyeol will leave you just like how Sungjen left me. Your mom and I,  we've been paired for a long time, but I refused to acknowledge because I have Sungjen. But then, Sungjen runaway from me like I'm not worth it and marry Sungyeol's mom who happens to be my best friend. We have a ed up situation that scared us all and we know how risky it was. Your mom and I never loved each other. What we have is  commitment ready to be dissolved anytime. And i already made it clear with her, that if she fell in love with me during the process, I won't be able to return her feelings on full. Because Sungjen will always be the owner of my heart despite being hurt by him multiple times..."

 

His father smiled and pat my head. "I always readied myself to let go of him. But the feelings I have for him is as strong as your feelings for Sungyeol. But what Sungyeol have for you is something I never imagined. Its just too much."

 

I widened my smile but this time, because of happiness. "I'm happy for you Dad. Mr. Lee... take care of my Dad."

 

"Of course..."

 

"But, does the two kids know?"

 

"You're the last one to know, son."

 

I kinda chuckle to that.

 

I spent my thirty minutes talking to them until I remembered my real intention of coming there.

 

"Oh I almost forgot... have you seen Sungyeol? He didn't come here?"

 

"No. He's on leave, right? You don't expect him to come here if he's on leave." Mr. Lee says.

 

Then upon thinking about the situation, my phone rings.

 

"Woohy--"

 

"Meet me at Howon's unit! ASAP! Something happened!"

 

--

 

Third Person's POV

 

Dongwoo knocked loudly this time as he realized how high volumed was the radio inside and he's obviously panicking because he knows that he's lover is inside and who knows what he was doing inside.

 

Hoya never worked out with loud music. And he never really actually liked loud music!

 

"Hoya! Open this goddamn door! Please! Before I knock this down!"

 

Opening it with his spare key wasn't enough. Hoya activated the lock inside which disabled him to even used the automated lock outside. The one where you punched in the numbers. His key is shamelessly useless.

 

One of the neighbors, upon hearing the loud knocks and loud music, open up his door abruptly and slam his own door with his fist.

 

"Hey! You're disturbing the whole floor with all the knocking! Can you tone it down!"

 

He glared at the man who flinches. " you. If you wanted to fight... in my mood right now? I could probably kill you."

 

Dongwoo says those words venomously and together with a shivering warning that the guy who just went out to tell him to shut up, went inside of his apartment again.

 

Dongwoo slid himself down on the cold pavement and was pulling his hair out of frustration. Hoya is locked inside and he doesn't want to talk to him or to anyone.  Why is he torturing the both of them this much?

 

He was in that thought when Woohyun and Myungsoo came panting. He didn't stood up to greet his friends like he used to, but the other two didn't mind.

 

"Where's Sungyeol?" Dongwoo asked as he look up to them.

 

"We don't know that yet. His phone is off." Sunggyu says as they turn to Myungsoo looking as worried.

 

"Anyway, what's up here? Is Howon inside? Are you certain?"

 

Dongwoo nods and stood up again as he tried to push the door once again but the door didn't even budge. Making him to knock louder again, continuously.

 

"Damn it, Hoya! Stop doing this to me!"

 

The two looked at the older whining helplessly. Until Myungsoo's phone rings which he immediately answers because Sungyeol is the one calling.

 

"Kim Myungsoo, where are you?"

 

"You have the guts to asked me that? Where are you?"

 

He heard the other chuckle. "I'm with Howon. I saw him in front of our unit when I get back."

 

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows and met the other two's eyes. "You're with Howon? But we're in front of his unit."

 

"I am with him, Love. He's sleeping in our sofa. He's drunk by the way."

 

Dongwoo snatched away Myungsoo's phone and talk to Sungyeol. "Don't let him go, Yeollie, please."

 

"Sure Hyung."

 

He passed it back to Myungsoo and run towards the elevator. Myungsoo bid Sungyeol goodbye and decided to ask his other half about his where about earlier once they reached Topaz.

 

--

 

Meanwhile, Sungyeol is having a hard time. Again.

 

As he tried to swallow his pain reliever for his chest is clutching. He settled coughing in front of the kitchen sink and didn't bother to go inside the bathroom.

 

He tried to wash away the blood. He just got back from the hospital as he had a talk with Soohyun who says nothing but to hurry with the operation.

 

Thinking back about his situation, he got scared again. For Myungsoo.

 

"You're not getting any better, Sungyeol. We are all aware about your situation. I already had a talk with Myungsoo and the others. They know it so damn well that the moment the medicine is no longer helping you, we have to immediately transport you back inside the operating room, as soon as I'm standing here."

 

"Can't we wait for a little--"

 

"No we can't. Three weeks of waiting could kill you! Your heart is getting weaker and weaker everyday."

 

"Then when do you think--"

 

"We can do it three days from now."

 

Sungyeol bit his lips as his doctor continues. "The longer we wait, the longer you suffer. Dr. Nam is ready anytime for you, Yeol. He's waiting for me to give him your full report always."

 

The taller nods and look into Soohyun's eyes. "Can you not tell Myungsoo and the others about this? I'll be the one to tell them."

 

"But you have to be confined here before the said operation, Sungyeol." Soohyun said with pleading tone but Sungyeol just smiled.

 

"I need those three days to fix some things personal, Soohyun... thanks though."

 

Sungyeol cough painfully causing him to lean forward the kitchen sink once again.

 

"ing bloods.... why do you keep on--"

 

"Is that blood?!"

 

Sungyeol turn around only to see Howon's horrified face. He grab the tissue box and wipe his mouth away.

 

"No it wasn't."

 

"I'm not stupid and I'm not blind! That's blood!"

 

"No it wasn't!"

 

"It was! You're spitting blood, Sungyeol! What the hell is that?!"

 

Sungyeol give up and turn around only to grab his medicine box again. He swallowed the pain killer this time and after that, he lead Howon back in the living room.

 

"Its getting worst, Howon... this blood indicates that I need to be transported back in the hospital as soon as possible."

 

"Then why are you still here?! We should bring you back--"

 

"No. I still have three days for my schedule. I need to settle things first--"

 

" it, Yeol! Why are you so stubborn?!"

 

The taller smiled and sighed. "I'll tell them about this after I settle everything in three days, Howon. Trust me, I'll be back in the hospital once I did."

 

"Why are you doing this?"

 

The door flew open and Howon widened his eyes and feeling betrayed

 

"Sungyeol!"

 

"They asked me to keep you here."

 

Myungsoo run towards Sungyeol and kissed his Other Half on the lips.

 

"I missed you. Where have you been?"

 

"Just somewhere. Anyway, are you okay?"

 

"I am. Are you?"

 

Sungyeol smiled and pinched Myungsoo's nose. "Yes I am."

 

"No attacks?"

 

"None."

 

Myungsoo smiles as he hugged Sungyeol.

 

The sweetness of the two are interrupted by Dongwoo smashing Howon against the wall. Hard.

 

"Do you realize how long I've waited and scared I was when I went to your unit with the blasting music inside?! HUH HOWON?!"

 

"D-Dongwo... p-please.. you're hurting m-me."

 

"And you're not hurting me?! Huh?! I'm so hurt I could probably kill someone randomly outside!"

 

Woohyun grabbed Dongwoo, but he was shoved around and he hit the table causing one vase to fall.

 

"I accepted everything that comes in loving you! I've accepted the fact that you once loved Sungyeol! And that still haunts me! Your past haunts me but I accepted it and loved that very small fact about you! I tried so hard just for me to keep you! I've given you one whole day to think about it!"

 

Dongwoo clutch his fist and punch the wall beside Howon's head who's eyes grew wider. "You. Are. My everything. How can't I be enough?!"

 

"Dongwoo, please! You're choking him! Let him go!" Woohyun whine as he massage the painful side of his ribs.

 

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol. Howon used to... love him? Sungyeol notices Myungsoo and just shrug. Maybe he knows what's running through his mind that time. And maybe, Sungyeol knows about this already.

 

Myungsoo pulled Sungyeol when he was about to help. "I'll help. Stay here."

 

Myungsoo went closer to Dongwoo and touched his hands.

 

"Hyung, please... you're hurting Howon--"

 

Dongwoo slide down to his feet and cried. Howon then cough as he was freed from Dongwoo's grip.

 

"Hyung..." Myungsoo sat down beside Dongwoo and Woohyun aided Howon who slide himself down too. Facing Dongwoo, but still coughing.

 

"If you wanted to cancel the wedding, then I'd rather you cancel with everything with me. Let me go, Howon. Completely."

 

Dongwoo stand up, leaving us all dumbfounded. Sungyeol tried to run after him, but failed. He decided to sit before Howon who was being patted by Woohyun.

 

"Howon, are you okay?"

 

Howon just nods and followed the track Dongwoo took.

 

"Why are you doing this to the both of you, Howon? You know exactly how much you needed him in your life." Woohyun mumbles as he tried to lift Howon up.

 

"I was about to explain things with him, if he didn't started to shove me against that ing wall! I just... needed more time to think. And I need time for me to apologize with him. I realized how wrong I was for deciding impulsively just because Sungyeol managed to shake my rational mind. I was so scared that if we were to be settled down happily, Sungyeol will be at ease and leave us c-completely..."

 

They all looked at him with mouth hanging low.

 

"So you're here to ask me for advice? Is that it?" Sungyeol asked while looking at his best friend who nods. "Damn it, Howon. You could've just told me you're here for that."

 

Howon glare at Sungyeol hard. "You think I could think straight after what I saw?"

 

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol who gasped lowly but enough for him to furrow his eyebrow in confusion. What did Howon saw?

 

"What I saw matters the most than any of my problems with Dongwoo! You're my best friend!"

 

Sungyeol scratch his nape. "Howon, calm down..." he approached his best friend and held his shoulder and put their forehead together for him to have the complete access to his eyes. "Not because I'm your best friend, doesn't mean you'll put me first. And didn't I told you already? I have something before the thing you're asking me. I need to do those things first before anything else."

 

Myungsoo shoot one eyebrow upward to that. Sungyeol's way of calming Howon down kinda sent irritation in him and it's making him uneasy but tried so hard not to show it. Tried. Because Woohyun saw how Myungsoo turn his eyes away from the scene. But that doesn't irked him completely.

 

"What about 'what Howon saw'? What made that something you saw so important than fixing everything with Dongwoo-hyung?"

 

The animosity in Myungsoo's voice made Sungyeol looked at his lover who's now sitting on the sofa, giving his back on everyone. Woohyun raise his eyebrow to amusement. Myungsoo is jealous, and he's acting so dangerous now. Will he finally see Myungsoo threw fit? He chuckle internally to that.

 

"Love... you're not supposed to ask that."

 

"And why am I not allowed to ask about that something Howon saw?" Myungsoo stood and face his lover. "Is it something too much for me to handle? Are you cheating?"

 

Woohyun whistle behind their back and texting everything to his Sunggyu who's missing in action because of his works.

 

"Do you really think I'm cheating? Wow, Love. I'm having enough trouble in our relationship, I can't handle two at the same time."

 

"Then what is it?! Because I swear I'm about to explode and punch you hard."

 

Sungyeol raise one brow, Woohyun texting and smiling with the scene and Howon trying to call someone.

 

"And didn't you heard what Dongwoo-hyung says?! Howon here used to love you! You think I'm that strong to handle that?"

 

Myungsoo pants and Sungyeol looked at him. Howon and Dongwoo fought. And now these two are the one fighting. Wow. So much in one day. Woohyun thought his lover is missing this much in one day.

 

"That's not important right now, Love. We have our friends to help."

 

"You don't shove this important topic behind me, Sungyeol. Spill it!"

 

"Love please..."

 

"Sungyeol, I'm warning you."

 

Howon stands and grab his keys. "I need to go. Dongwoo is back in the daycare--"

 

Woohyun who stood suddenly for that, widen his eyes and take his phone back inside his pockets. "Are you nuts? You'll make a scene in front of those children?"

 

"What? No! Of course not. I'll wait for his out and then--"

 

"Are you asking us to accompany you now?"

 

Sungyeol moved beside Myungsoo who's still pouting and hugged him.

 

"We'll all go. Sunggyu will be on his way, Sungjong too."

 

"Wow. Thanks guys." Howon then looked at Sungyeol who's kissing Myungsoo's neck while the taller is looking at him. "Are you two coming?"

 

Sungyeol nods lightly and Myungsoo did the same.

 

Howon tried so hard not to think about Sungyeol's condition too much, though it worries him mostly right now.

 

But right now, he needs to take Dongwoo back.

 

While Myungsoo is thinking about what he heard. Howon used to love Sungyeol. That is the only reason why Howon wanted to delay everything in his wedding with Dongwoo-hyung the other day. Does that mean, Howon still loves Sungyeol now?

---