16: Engaged ~ If we get back together ~ Asking for help

WHOLE

Author's pointer: Just to help you guys understand, Sungyeol is one year older than Myungsoo. They met in London at the month of June and usually the classes overseas (I just don't know in Korea) starts in August. They met when Sungyeol is sixteen and barely starting his Senior High because I made them start school at August. Myungsoo is on his last year of Junior High. Then the accident happen. Making Sungyeol forget about Myungsoo. Their second meeting was when Sungyeol is already a second year and Myungsoo is on his first year of Senior High. :) That made up for their seven years of meeting before this scenario.

Myungsoo aged 15 when they met in London, Sungyeol is sixteen.

A year after, Myungsoo is 16 and Yeol is 17 second time of meeting. Then he left for 5 years and return as the 22 years old Lee Sungyeol, meeting the 21 years old Kim Myungsoo.

--

The night envelopes the whole place as they arrived in Yongin. The place where Sungyeol's family rest house is. Myungsoo and the others are looking up and his heart suddenly starts beating so fast as the top looks bright. The path going to the main house are well lit by posts. The rest house garden was designed like those Parks we see at night. Full of posts and there's grass everywhere.

Myungsoo's steps started very little. And then he stops. He stops because the suspense is killing him. What lies at the end of those lights excites him. He knows he'll be able to see Sungyeol and having a day without seeing him yet is torture. But he can't bear to keep his feet walking.

Dongwoo noticed that from Myungsoo and started to eye contact with Hoya who was a little bit ahead of them. But what stopped the two was the light posts being turned off. Everything is pitch black. Myungsoo panics. But then... What greeted their eyes when the lights flew open again, almost made Myungsoo cry.

Dongwoo,  Hoya, Sowon and Sungjong gasped as they saw the pictures connected with a red yarn being held by their friends. They know it's their friends. Even though they're wearing masks. They are standing from the wide terrace from the second floor. And Myungsoo knew that the pictures attached from the yarn are his photograph of them together.

Sunggyu was lazily holding a placard saying... "We're not even starting yet. I'll see you in a bit.-LSY"

Then the lights went off again and the next time it flew open, their friends are gone. Then finally, Junhyung came out from the big front door of the house. Dressed like a Butler. Holding a rose. With ribbons and a letter.

You know what date it is today?

His eyebrows furrow to that. Date today? What's up with the date today?

Junhyung then pat his shoulder and smiled then asked him to continue walking. He looked at his friends who came with him, but they're long gone, so he started walking.

"Where exactly-- Junhyung-hyung? What the heck? Where are those people?"

He started walking to that long path and once he reached the door, a maid from his left side came making him jolt in place. But she only smile and gave him another rose.

"Why are they giving me roses?"

A letter was attached from it again and he opened it.

Yes. Today is June 9. :) doesn't sound like meaningful to you?

Again, Myungsoo asked himself what June 9 means. The maid beside him pull him to the other side of the house making him leave the front door. That means, Sungyeol is not inside the house.

They stopped. And he almost throw punches at Sungjong and Sowon who are now dressed in white and a mask covering their faces. They're both smiling while handling him a rose.

And again, a letter was given to him by Sowon who run after she handed it to him. She even whispers, "he's waiting for you, oppa"

He got teary eyed once he saw the content of the letter. He pursed his lips together to contain his sobs as he read the message.

June 9 was the day I first saw you. Dressed in black shirt, wearing black pants... And you were only 15 years old back then. I met you back in London through my cousin Sungjong, and we both know that the moment our hands clasped... We're each other's "Other Half. If I may use your choice of words, 'Sparks flew instantly as our hands touch...'".

Sungjong then gave him another letter then run away like what Sowon did.

"That time for us was wrong in every way because I have to leave and go back to Korea. But we promised to keep in touch. And at exactly two weeks after I arrived in Korea and met an accident... Making me forget about you."

Myungsoo let a sad smile upon remembering those times, but his thought was cut off when Dongwoo suddenly pull him and made him walk.

"Hyung, where is Yeollie? I want to see him. Enough with this game. "

But Dongwoo didn't say anything. Instead, he passed him to Howon who's now, like the others, dressed in a white tuxedo. He's the one who handed him a rose with a letter. He rolled his eyes with the two but read the letter.

"Then, a year following that, I was able to see you again. The sparks that we felt back in the days in London are still magical. Still there, making us shiver. Your scent I'd die to remember,  it never left me. And when our eyes met, I feel like drowning right there. It's pulling me in. It's asking me too much and making me remember everything."

This time,  Woohyun with Junhyung came and game him three more of white roses. The roses are tied together by a red string and the two handed him a letter. Before he opened it, he look at the two in front of him who was trying to contain their smiles. But Myungsoo knows how to make Woohyun fail that one.

"Why is Gyu-hyung not delivering roses and letters? "

Myungsoo smiled as Woohyun removed his mask and make a fan out of it. "I know right. It's so hot, for goodness sake."

"Now you're talking." Myungsoo smiled slyly as Woohyun gulped and tried to wear his mask again but he stopped it. "Hyung, enough with this game. Where is Yeollie?"

"Myung, be a good sport and just go with the flow. Okay? In that case, you'll be able to see Yeollie after all of this."

He was left by the two after Junhyung patted his shoulder. He sigh before opening the letter.

"We tried to live our days happily after that. We, by our hearts agreed without talking that we need to start a new relationship. And I'm glad we did. But due to some circumstances, just to have our win against everyone that's hating on us, I back away to clear the path for you just to have me. And we have it now. You have me now. A year without you, before our second meeting and any memories of you that i forgotten is an example of a short term torture in our case. It's a big example of bad timing in our first time of separation. And another big example of bad decisions made in our second one in my part. Five long years Myungsoo... I was without you for five long years after I made that decision to take them all in one go. And it almost killed me. But I made it back in no time. Ready to claim what's mine. And thank heavens that you're still mine. Cause losing you completely will definitely have me done for in a jiffy."

Myungsoo smiled and folded that letter. He looked around and saw Sungjong at the end of the curve and maybe that curve will lead them to a backyard. So he moved closer to where Sungjong is.

Sungjong is smiling. Already teary eyed with the situation and Myungsoo couldn't help himself but got teary eyed as well as the younger handed him the letter. Sungjong then hugs him.

"This is the last letter. The instruction following after I leave you here is written by Sungyeol-hyung inside that letter. I'll see you later, Myungsoo."

Myungsoo only nods and wipe the tears that escaped his eyes and when Sungjong left, Myungsoo opened the pink scented paper.

"It's been seven years Love since the first day I met you. And I can say it proudly that it's been seven years since I first saw you. Let's throw away the moments where we lose each other,  because that's the time we regretted the most though it made us stronger than before... It's been seven years since the day I first saw you, and now I found you again,  still loving me after all the struggles we had before we can even reach this stage of our relationship. And I know, what awaits us is more frightening and nerve racking compared to what we already had... But we can face it together right?

So why not be mine?

Forever?

Will you say yes?

The letter was cut off, but then a piece of card was attached from it and it fell on the ground and he picks it up.

"Follow this path. Move forward. Answer me directly. With the night sky as our witness. I'll be waiting."

And he did. He slowly started to pick up his pace and he saw a huge... Pavilion? Or is it a ballroom hall behind the very resthouse itself?

[A/N: Myungsoo assumed its a pavilion, when in fact its a ballroom hall where Sungyeol assembled everything. Like a green house where we preserve and take care of different kinds of plants.]

The "pavilion" door is open. And it's all made of glass. Including the walls surrounding it. When he stepped inside, the door closes and it almost made him run back. The flowers filling in his arms and the letters are kinda giving him a hard time. And it's kinda making him curious on how a pavilion was built at the backyard of that house. But rolled his eyes when he found his answer. Because they are Lee's.

All Myungsoo could feel at that moment was that, the inside of the pavilion is air conditioned.  And the night sky is very visible because the roof,  at the center, is made of glass. Making the moon cast light on Sungyeol who was standing in the middle.

He smiled.

He walks closer to his Sungyeol. Letting go of the letters. Letting down the roses.

Half running towards him.

And Sungyeol opened his arms as he made his way in it.

The warmth of Sungyeol is giving him comfort.

"How dare you surprise me like this?" Myungsoo murmur before he kissed Sungyeol who was smiling at him. "You almost made me cry... "

"You'll be the one to make me cry."

He looked at his lover confused and then right there... In front of him... He knelt down.

Making Myungsoo covered his mouth as he gasped loudly, with both of his hands.

"I made us wait for too long. I hurt you. You hurt me. But loved each other like nothing happens the next days... I'm not worth it. I have so many issues in life and I know doing this will make me feel more scared as the days before us passes... Because I know that there's more to come for us. But I'm not scared. No I'm not scared. Because I know that you'll be with me. And I know that I made myself very clear already, but I do love you, Kim Myungsoo. So... Will you spend a lifetime with me? "

The lights inside that pavilion simultaneously opens. Making their friends, his side of the family, Sungyeol's parents, grandparents, LGC and KGC Employees and maybe some of his friends family are all looking at them. They're like a ring leader standing before a lot of people. And as he look around, he cried.

He cried and slowly slid down to sit down in front of Sungyeol and hugged him. As tight as he could while nodding. And everyone cheered. The people who understands them are surrounding them. Where he and his Sungyeol is at the center. A safe place where no one can hurt them. A haven where he knows he'll be with Sungyeol.

"You're mine for a lifetime, Kim Myungsoo... "

"I can't wait to be called 'Lee Myungsoo'."

"That sounded so right."

"You bet it does."

Sungyeol planted a kiss over Myungsoo and he hugged his fiancee tightly and the crowd cheered for them.

--

Dongwoo watches the newly engaged couple in the makeshift stage trying to be so accommodating to everyone. And yes, they're all happy. Happy for the two. He sigh dreamily for his cousin who's now smiling very wildly as some more of their cousins greeted them.

"I can't believe they're finally officially engaged now." Woohyun says while biting his straw. Him and Gyu have been fighting on what Woohyun could drink. Gyu wasn't allowing him to drink alcohol because as he said earlier, Woohyun is scary when drunk. He's rough. More rough. And that means he'll get hurt if they'll have later on.

Sunggyu sat beside him and slap Woohyun's hand away from the poor straw and took the glass from Woohyun to take a sip. "What I can't believe at is, it hadn't been long since we held this kind of party of our own."

Woohyun immediately smiled. "Of course. That's the happiest day of my life."

"But that made things complicated now. Who will be Sungyeol-hyung's best man?"

With that question from Sungjong, both Hoya and Woohyun exchanged glances. If everything is okay between him and Hoya, that will surely complicate things more. The two both wanted Yeollie to be their best man. But the question now is who will be Yeol's best man. He sigh.

But then, he suddenly stopped the glass in the air as he felt a hand crawling under the table over his thigh. And that hand is obviously traveling alarmingly close to where his thing is.

That is when he realized that Hoya is drunk. Making him panic. And cuss in his head at the same time as Hoya gave him a pleading look to take him there. As if not caring about what just Sungjong asked.

He shook his head and caress Hoya's leg upward, and he earned a moan from him. Good thing no one is noticing what's happening. And he's skillfully handled the conversation between him and his friends.

But then Hoya removed his hand and look at him with pleading eyes.

"Can we talk outside? I need to tell you something. I can't hold it in any longer."

Hoya, right on the spot, shed a tear. And Dongwoo was so shocked and just followed him as he guided him out of the ballroom hall. He took him in the Lee's garden. And now, he's crying.

"First, let me tell you something... I'm Sungyeol's cousin. My Dad is adopted by the Lee's. That made us cousin. So before I even felt hard on him, it was over. What we have is pure friendship and not related by blood cousins. That's all."

"What?"

"Yes. We're cousins. Though I don't think I'll be able to tell you and our friends that. But I'm telling you now cause I really don't want to lose you, Dongwoo. That scared me so much."

"W-w-wait! You and Sungyeol are cousins?! Exactly when did you learned that and only telling me now?"

"I knew. Even before he started middle school here. I know he'll be arriving from Spain. His Dad told my Dad and my Dad told me that. My Dad respects the Lee's and the first time I lay my eyes on Sungyeol, I know, even if I'm not meant to do that, need to protect him. Especially when he's being hated by so many people. He's so amazing. I know that before meeting him with you guys. And I know Sungyeol know it too, but we decided to keep it a secret that we're cousins because he doesn't want issues about me being protected by him and get hated later on. And I really don't want anyone to know that we really are cousins. So the two of us lived everyday saying that we really aren't related. Because we really are not. At least by blood. The Lee's wanted us to keep that a secret until the whole clan accepted the fact that my dad was adopted by the Lee's."

Hoya sigh and grab Dongwoo's hand to keep him in place near him. "I fell out of love when I learned and finally analyzed my feelings for him. That it's not love I'm feeling. He's a brother. A friend. That's it. And when my feelings for you started to develop, I could tell the difference as if it's the most natural thing to do. You're incomparable to what I have for Sungyeol and I'm so afraid to lose you. I'm afraid that by the time you found out that I'm one of the Lee's, though not by blood, you'll feel pressured because Lee's are formidable kind of people.  But you have to understand that I'm afraid to lose Sungyeol as well. And you know I mean it literally and because he's my friend. "

Dongwoo sigh and seated beside Hoya who thanked him for that and hugged him by the waist. He let him do what he like and when Hoya cried, he waited for him to start talking again cause he feels like the things he just said wasn't everything he wanted to say. He waited and when Hoya started talking, he can feel himself trembling.

"Sungyeol's condition...is getting worst as the days goes by. He knew about it. And by the time I was at their unit where you found me, I saw him spitting blood and having a hard time swallowing his meds... That breaks my heart, Dongwoo. Knowing that he's having it hard is so heartbreaking. I can't even.. "

Dongwoo pulled Hoya closed as he cried hysterically. The thing Soohyun told them back in Sungyeol's hospital room, played in repeat inside his head.

"Time will come that the medicines won't be able to help him.."

"We have to hurry before it's too late or we'll lose him."

"Is that the reason why this party--"

"Yes... He's returning to the hospital the day after tomorrow. He was supposed to be resting in the hospital by now as he get himself ready for the operation but Sungyeol asked Soohyun for three more days to do something. And that something means all of these happenings. I don't know what's up tomorrow, but I feel like Sungyeol will be surprising us more. And I'm so scared... So scared and I don't know what to do. I feel so torn between keeping it from everyone and telling it to everyone. And I know, Daeyeol know it too... I know..."

"Sssh... Calm down, Hoya. There's no need to panic. Calm down, Baby."

Hoya pull away and look at Dongwoo confusedly but then hug him tight again. "You called me... Baby again."

Dongwoo would be smiling if they're not in a serious conversation now, but he can't do that.

--

At the other side of the ballroom hall, Moonsoo and Daeyeol seated drinking cold beverages and the younger Lee done nothing but to look at his brother. And every time their eyes met, his heart hurts.

What Soohyun told him breaks him apart and he can't recover and he know he won't be able to. But his hyung is happy now, he can't probably tell anyone about it right?

He sigh and Moonsoo noticed and heard that. Like Daeyeol, he's been holding back to ask him about the real deal about Sungyeol's condition. He'll know that he was listening to their talk back in the locker room. And he doesn't know if it's okay to ask that either.

Until he felt Daeyeol's hand holding his as if asking him to keep him in place which he did. Then he noticed Dongwoo and Howon making their way to them. Howon looks breaking as he take those steps towards them.

"Why is Howon-hyung looking so dejected?" he asked.

"Maybe he knows what I know..."

Moonsoo turn to him with one eyebrow twitch upward. "What did you know?"

Daeyeol kept quiet and had an eye contact with Howon who was holding to Dongwoo's arm.

"Hey hyungs..." Moonsoo greeted. "Having fun?"

Howon shook his head slowly. "Having fun ain't even a thing for me to be feeling right now, knowing what I know..."

"I knew it. You've been so stiff since the planning of this thing, hyung..." Daeyeol said.

"You are too, right?"

"Yes. Because I know what you know."

They all keep staring at each other while Moonsoo was trying to think of what could they be talking about. Because surely, this is about Sungyeol.

Sungyeol by that time is having a hard time keeping a face that he's okay because he know he's brother is keeping an eye on him. He's trying to atleast end this party before he could split whatever it is that's wanted to be spit out. But he could feel that he's heart is tired for all the things they've done that day and it totally worn him out. He looked at Myungsoo beside him being so happy and greeting people around them. Then he saw his parents happy too at the other side of that hall. Woohyun is arguing with something with Sunggyu again. While Sungjong is calling someone. Sowon is being fed by Junhyung because she's playing with something on her phone. He smiled. They're surrounded by the people who is trying to and understands them. If he were to leave Myungsoo behind with these people, he'll die very happily. He clutch his chest and tried with the breathing exercises.  Then he felt a liquid flowing from his nose and he murmur an explicit very lowly.

When Moonsoo was about to say something, to maybe, ask, he suddenly heard his hyung's voice.

"SUNGYEOL, YOU'RE NOSE IS BLEEDING!"

Everyone inside the hall looks at the couple in front as Myungsoo tried to dabbed some tissues to Sungyeol's nose. Some laugh. Some are worried. But what they didn't expected to happen was...

By the time Myungsoo look up to Sungyeol who was looking at him lovingly while smiling, he stopped Myungsoo's hand, leaving the other confused.

He turn his back at Myungsoo only to cough. Daeyeol beside Moonsoo stood up and Howon run to where Sungyeol is. Myungsoo was surprised to see the two immediately beside them, but what happened next made Myungsoo lost everything.

Sungyeol grab his hand... soaked with blood.

"Oh my--- Sungyeol! Why are you spitting blood!?" Myungsoo asked as he tried to took some tissues again.

"HYUNG!"

"Sungyeol!"

"Oh my God, what is happening, Sungyeol?!"

Soohyun who just arrived run to where Sungyeol is and shove everyone including Myungsoo who was dumbfounded.

" Sungyeol! I TOLD YOU TO HURRY UP!"

Sungyeol struggle from Soohyun's grip but the doctor won't be having it, seeing how Sungyeol coughed blood and now nosebleeding... he feels like he failed as a doctor.

"Sungyeol, listen to me... calm down. Remember the breathing exercises I taught you?" Sungyeol nod. "Do it. Breath in. Breath out. Come on, dude. You can do it. Come on. Right, that's right..."

Myungsoo was so dumbfounded to ask as Sungyeol remained seated to his seat coughing blood. Woohyun was there to assist his brother and so does their Mom. But that doesn't stop Sungyeol from coughing. And the harder he cough, the harder he could breath.

No.

He can't breath.

Sungyeol saw Myungsoo's worried and scared face, and he smiled at him.

And the last time Myungsoo saw Sungyeol's lip moved that night was when he told him..

"I love you... I'm sorry."

"No... no... Love? Love wake up. Please wake up.. open those eyes... come on... please? For me... do it for me please... Love?" Myungsoo grabbed Soohyun's hand and what surprises everyone inside was the arrival of the ambulance and now Sungyeol is being carried by a stretcher. Myungsoo is trying not to panic but he can't. "Soohyun, what was that? TELL ME WHAT WAS THAT?! The amount of bloods..."

"Myungsoo calmed down. We'll take it away from here..."

"NO! I AM NOT GOING THROUGH THAT AGAIN! TELL ME WHAT'S HAPPENING! TELL US WHAT'S HAPPENING!?"

"Delaying me now could kill Sungyeol, Myungsoo! LET'S TALK BACK IN THE HOSPITAL! Our Yongin branch is near here. So please, let me go if you still want him to live!"

"Myungsoo, let go of hyung! PLEASE!" Woohyun grabbed Myungsoo but the other struggle to free himself from his grip.

"NO! WHAT IS HAPPENING---"

Myungsoo stopped as he felt those cold hands on his cheek.

His father hit him. Hard.

He looked at him dumbfounded but he saw how desperate his Dad is to make him calm down. Sungyeol is now being aided inside the ambulance. Nurses putting some oxygen mask on him.

"If the doctor asked you to calm down, you. calm. down. Do you hear me Kim Myungsoo?!"

Myungsoo stared at his father... and then he burst out crying. His Dad took him by the arm and hugged him. Daeyeol was hugged by his Mom, trying to make her brain keep going. Sungjen is looking at his son lying there at the stretcher. Soohyun then hopped in the ambulance and asked Sungyeol's father to come which he did. Because everyone is so shock to even move right now.

"Your son had been fighting well since he was diagnosed with Systolic Heart Failure, Mr. Lee..."

He smiled and held his son's had as the ambulance moved.

"Yes he did..."

"But we all know and I told you everything about his condition. I've been very honest with you guys. We tried all the operation that could save him temporary all those years during his earlier years having it. But you know that as the years passes by, he won't be able to make it either..."

Sungjen caress his son's hair and tried to sob quietly. Sungyeol is breathing very shallow. And its killing him seeing his son like this.

"The maximum of people having heart failure living after being diagnosed with this kind of disease is five years... But Sungyeol fought very hard till this day. And now I can say that his heart is weakening again and no temporary operation could save him this time..."

Soohyun looked at the older Lee and held his hand. "Now the only option we have... is Heart Transplantation. I can't tell for sure if he'll be okay... or if that could save him..."

"And I've been meaning to ask you this Mr. Lee... but are you ready to meet the donor?"

Sungjen raised his head up. Ever since his son was diagnosed, they never stopped looking for a possible heart donor. Just in case Sungyeol changed his mind about the operation. Whether the donor is from Korea or from the other  sides of the world. If that could save Sungyeol, then they'll take it. Even if they have to pay everything they have, they'll do it to save Sungyeol.

"W-Who--"

"You probably know Jung Yerin..."

"Yerin?"

"The one working under Sungyeol and Myungsoo. Their unit care taker."

"W-what about her?"

"An accident occur on the road before I left the hospital. Her sister was taken in our hospital back in Seoul and Dad asked me to go here first. But before I could even stepped out of the hospital doors, she was announced dead. Even before Yerin herself arrived.

Soohyun smiled though very sadly towards Mr. Lee.

"Her twin sister is announced dead by my Dad before I left the hospital to go here. That was 2 hours ago. And if I asked him now to check on her heart if its suitable enough, we can still make it. .. Jung Yerin.. We asked her if its possible for her sister to be a donor... and upon knowing the situation about Lee Sungyeol when I told her that... she asked me if we could check if her sister's heart is in suitable condition to be placed inside Sungyeol's body.."

"S-she knew?"

"Yes. And thank God for Jung Yerin because she took all her might to decide on this to help Myungsoo and Sungyeol."

"But?"

Soohyun smiled  sadly again and throw head back. "But I don't think if Myungsoo and Sungyeol will like the idea of their dear Yerin's sister to be in this situation. Knowing those two..."

"Then we must not tell them---"

"We can't deny them that truth, Mr. Lee."

"But what can we do?"

"Besides... we still don't know if her heart is suitable enough to fit in to Sungyeol."

--

Back in Seoul, Yerin is inside Doctor Nam's office. And she's been fidgeting on her seat for minutes now. But her mind never falter. And when she thinks she finally got an answer that suited the situation, he stood up with a very determined face.

"Don't tell anything about me telling that its okay for my sister to be the donor. My sister's heart will be able to save Sungyeol-oppa from all of this. And I haven't been with them for a long time, but I know they've been separated by fate and miscommunication before. And I believe that once and twice if enough separation for them than being separated forever..."

She continued. "I know that some people may think I'm heartless with this decision I am making now, and I love my sister... but the only way to keep her alive was through Sungyeol-oppa... I may not be physically with her, but I know she's still there. She's safe now with Him. That's all that matters. Tell his family that the heart donor guardian doesn't want to reveal themselves. That's the only way to keep everything going from here..."

Dr. Nam nods and smiled to Yerin who bravely wipe away her tears. "But please do tell them to take good care of my sister's heart."

"We will. Thank you for the brave decision, Yerin."

And the girl went out of the office.

"I know this will make Yein's death worth it... I know this will make everything okay."

--

Sungyeol is now confined inside the Intensive Care Unit. Where almost all of them are joining him inside though he's sleeping. Its been exactly 8 hours since Sungyeol was aided by Soohyun and now, all those familiar machines are attached to him. With a breathing mask to help him breath. His heartbeat is slow and weak and the machine says it all.

His blood pressure are being checked the whole time that passes. But what left them not to go away was Sungyeol not waking up.

Yes. He's been sleeping since they arrived. After 1 and a half hour of aiding, Soohyun transported him back to the ICU and told them that the progress of the operation will be done by his father once he came. Soohyun told them that he's  still checking something back in Seoul and if Sungyeol woke up, they could transport him back to Seoul as soon as possible. That explains Lee's chopper at the helipad of Yongin branch on standby.

Everyone is quiet. Until Soohyun arrived with Mr. Nam who patted his youngest. They all gather inside Sungyeol's room and surrounded him. Doctor Nam checked Sungyeol's body and when he's done, he looked around us and smiled though it didn't reached his eyes.

"I think it is now clear to you that if we don't hurry with the heart transplant operation, he'll die. So I'm leaving the decision for you guys..."

He asked Soohyun for her chart and checked it out. "I have nothing to say other than Sungyeol's heart is failing rapidly since the last time he was checked by my son. We are all aware about this and we've been very honest atleast to Mrs. Lee about her son's condition since the very beginning. Soohyun says that Sungyeol finally agreed with the said operation..."

"But the donor... the donor's guardian doesn't want to show themselves... nor to let themselves known."

Myungsoo raises his head. His voice are hoarse and he knows he looks like trash now, but  he can understand the thing happening right now very keenly.

"But Dad... is the donor's heart suitable?" Woohyun asked being dejected and all.

"It is. I know that you are supposed to bring him back to Seoul but I decided to go here myself after the checking I did with the Donor's heart. I took the heart with me and its been two hours since we started the preservation for it. Preserving a heart takes 4 to 6 hours. I don't want to pressure you guys, but we need to hurry with the decision."

"What if we wanted to know who's the donor is? To atleast thank them?" Sungyeol's mother asked.

"Sorry. But that is not happening. Now. The decision is for you guys to make."

"Will he... make it out alive?"

Everyone fell silent as Sungjong asked that question.

"He could. If we hurry." Doctor Nam look around the room and saw tired faces and everyone is still dressed up from the supposedly happy occasion last night. "But let me not get your hopes up... because even if the operation was a success, it'll be depending still, on how Sungyeol's body accepted the new heart to be planted inside him. Because every heart operation comes with a term called REJECTION."

"What does that mean?" Myungsoo asked trembling and slowly collapsing. Everything is tiring him out to the fullest. And these revelations are killing him on the spot.

"If Sungyeol's immune system rejected the new heart planted inside him... he'll die."

--

Everyone inside Sungyeol's room was silent. Myungsoo seated beside Sungyeol. Sungjong trying to think everything over. All of them knows the consequences ahead of them. Ahead of Sungyeol. No one knows what to do after the Nam's left the room. They leave the decision making to the family and Mrs Lee has been crying the whole time. Daeyeol trying to suppress and acted tough despite everything that is happening. Moonsoo beside him is worried though. Everything happened so fast, it hit them all in one go and no one could recover after the fall. The truth slap everyone's faces.The truth that whether or not the operation to Sungyeol is successful, if his immune system won't be able to keep up with the new heart, they could lose him.

"Sungjen... What could we do from here?"

"How could I know?" Sungyeol's father stood abruptly and pulled his hair. "My son's life is at risk, and deciding whether to take chances with that operation, is one hell of a task for me!"

"If... If hyung were to take that operation without him knowing, wouldn't that be risky too? Shouldn't we wait for hyung to wake up first?" Daeyeol earned everyone's gazes including Myungsoo who was trying to reach an answer. "I mean, okay. We could send him there. Right here,  right now. All we have to do is tell the doctors so they could do their magic there. But hyung's heart will be taken out from him and will be replaced. Wouldn't that be too risky for him? He's not aware that a new heart is planted in him."

Daeyeol stood and back hugged his mom. "No matter what we do, hyung will die in there as soon as his heart was taken out. They could bring him alive by replacing the heart inside him. But what I'm trying to say is, if hyung's heart is to be replaced, wouldn't that be a surprised for him?"

"He has a point." Sungyeol's grandfather spoke for the first time after he recovered from shock.

Myungsoo was suddenly hit by some of his memories from the past with Sungyeol. Back when he had a memory loss. He kept on saying that his heart remembers.

A painful thump was made inside his chest. Making him turn to Sungyeol.

Let's say the operation is a success and they managed to replaced Sungyeol's heart... And Myungsoo is not the type to believe some cliche stories about lovers who undergoes an operation that concerns heart transplantation and when they woke up, they won't love the same person they loved before they undergo that operation...

But now. It scared him.

What if Sungyeol's feeling for him changes as his heart literally changes?

Will Sungyeol's heart remember him?

"Maybe we should wait for him to wake up and tell him everything about the operation and the risks itself.  To keep him aware that he won't have the same heart as before once he undergone with the operation." Sungyeol's grandfather had Myungsoo came back to reality that instant. He's beside Myungsoo now, touching his grandson's face very gently. "Risks aren't for everyone to take, and in our case, I won't take it. If it means raising the possibility of Sungyeol dying, I won't have it. I'd rather let Sungyeol decide things on his own like how I always do it. I trust my grandson that much. If he thinks he can make it, he'll take it. If he thinks he won't be able to make it but still want to throw everything in line, I'll be waiting for him. That's the only decision we have. Stay with him. TRUST him. Make him feel like he owe us for him to feel responsible and come back to us. I know what I'm trying to say is being selfish, but I'm betting on him on this."

Myungsoo sat down on his seat. Not leaving Sungyeol's hand unattended.

"I'm so scared..." Myungsoo murmur making everyone turn to him. He's crying again and everyone is so worried when they saw how Myungsoo lay his head beside Sungyeol's pillow while holding his hands tightly. "I'm so scared that if he get a new heart, he won't love me anymore... I'm so scared."

Moonsoo reached out for his brother and hugged him in place. Mr. Kim watched his son tearing apart with the idea that his lover might forget about loving him, and that broke him more too. Seeing Myungsoo in that estate is making him weak in every way.

Dongwoo on the other hand, is the calmest of them all. Thinking of a possible way that's been running inside his head since Hoya told him about this condition of Sungyeol. And only one person keeps on running inside his mind. And he doesn't know whether or not she could save him but it's the only way.

He went out of the room, go straight to Soohyun's office where be find the Nam's Dad too. The two were not surprise to see him because Soohyun thinks he knew what's in Dongwoo's mind.

"Do you have a way to contact Cristine?"

Soohyun lean back on his seat. "Do you think we didn't have her in our mind having this situation? We've been trying to reach her for years, Dongwoo."

"Is she still using the same number as she did before?"

The older Nam stood and look at Dongwoo. "Are you--"

"Yes. I'll call her. What we need is the best people assigned for Sungyeol. And she's your best cardiologist here before she went away--"

"Yeah. Because you pushed her away."

"That's not my fault. I fell in love with Hoya and we jus--"

"Yeah, you recently got together for real and decided to marry him. I know all of that."

"Soohyun, I don't get it. Why are you being y on me?"

"You know she's my best girl, Dongwoo. But you breaking up with her three years ago made her go away for good. And I have no doubt that you're already confused with your feelings before you broke up with her. The year after she left, you and Hoya FINALLY reached the understanding you both needed and get together. That reminds me, have you told her before? Or did you lie about your reason of breaking up with her?"

"Soohyun!" the older Nam gave his son a warning but the younger doctor didn't budge. And instead, he just smirk.

Dongwoo is sending him glares and if looks could kill, he'll probably be dead on the spot.

"I don't have time to argue with you, Soohyun. Now tell me if she's still using the same number."

"She is, Dongwoo. But she's not picking up phone calls--"

"There's no harm in trying. "

Dongwoo grabbed his phone from his pocket and sits on the sofa before calling the number while making an eye contact with Soohyun. He set it on loudspeaker mode so everyone inside that room could hear.

And at exactly four rings, someone picks up. Making Dongwoo remove his eye contact with Soohyun who was shock when the other person in line picks up after four rings. His father seems surprised too.

"It's been a long time, Dongie. What made you call me?"

"I need you."

"Oh my God. You do?"

"You know what I mean, Tine... You know what's happening with a friend of mine."

"Yeah. Lee Sungyeol right? The heir of the Lee Empire. I've heard about it. And guess what?"

Dongwoo pull away his phone from his ear and stare at it for a second as if he's looking at the woman herself. "What?"

"You're lucky. I'm in Korea right now.

--