34: Other Half ~ My Love ~ My Everything ~ It ends here

WHOLE

 

A/N: Sorry, I was about to update last night, but I have guests in our house because of my birthday celebration. But here you go, ENJOY!

 

And remember, A good day is a good day. A bad day is a good story. At the end of the day, it’s all a good story.

 

--

 

Blood. Blood covered Sungyeol's shirt so does his pants. Claud's hands are shivering and it's also covered with blood. And yes, there's a lot and yes. It all came from Myungsoo. If fate isn't so bad to them, letting Claud and Sungyeol see everything that happens in a blink of an eye. What have they done to deserve this? Why is it like this? Aren't they deserving to be happy?

 

Is happiness that complicated to give to him and Claud?

 

This is Claud's chance to have a new family. A new chance for Sungyeol and Myungsoo. To simply put, everything from then onwards are all starting point for them.

 

But why is it always have to end like this? Are they this unlucky? Or they're just not meant to be?

 

Sungyeol saw how Claud is shivering and the kid is crying. But he can't even lift a finger to comfort Claud because he knows he can't. He's as broken as the kid. As alone as Claud. And it pained him more seeing him like this because right in that moment, all he can do is trust Woohyun and the rest of his family. That's all there is to it. He knows he can't do much. He knows it...

 

"Claud, do you want to drink? You can have it." Claud shook his head to Yerin who was offering him a drink. The two has been rejecting everyone. Even their friends. No one can help them now. No one can feel the pain of their hearts slowly breaking, and they both know that it'll continue breaking until Myungsoo came out of the emergency room, SAFE. That's all Sungyeol wanted. Ever wanted.

 

Claud lean to Sungyeol and the taller lets him. He just can't move. They're both shaking looking how Myungsoo's blood all over them. "D-Dad..."

 

"Don't ask me something I can't answer, Claud..."

 

"Okay. Let me hold your hands Dad... I can't seem to calm down."

 

Sungyeol nodded and held Claud's hands. He even wipe away the child's tears but that only made Claud sobs harder than earlier, making Sungyeol's own eyes pooled with tears as he hugged Claud tightly.

 

He can't lose Myungsoo. He just can't He will never be the same anymore if he lose him. He can never be the Lee Sungyeol that Kim Myungsoo changes. He will never be the same again if he did lose the only person that's making him feel all loved and cherished.

 

And the scene of the accident creeps in his mind. As if clutching his heart tightly as he remembers how Myungsoo flew all the way on the roof of the car that hit him before he rolled back to the ground.

 

Everything stops. Everyone stops. His heart stops.

 

He slowly went to Myungsoo's side. And the younger was looking at him. Looking so lovingly at him as he reached out his hand to the taller.

 

That's when Sungyeol took it to his chest and held Myungsoo to his arms, as carefully as possible. Claud held Myungsoo's bloody hand and didn't even mind that he's sitting on the floor where Myungsoo's bloods were splashed all over.

 

"Guys. Call the ambulance, please."

 

"W-we're on it."

 

Sungyeol is not averting his eyes as he met with Myungsoo's. The younger is looking so lovingly to him and Claud. "Love, stay with me... Okay? The ambulance is on its way, so don't close your eyes and look into mine, okay? Don't let go because I won't let go of you... do you understand?"

 

Woohyun was the one to call for the ambulance. They don't know what's killing them. Sungyeol's calmness, Claud's hysterical crying or Myungsoo short breathings. They just can't react according on how they wanted.

 

Sungyeol kissed Myungsoo's forehead and let their foreheads touch, locking gazes with Myungsoo's eyes. "Can you hear me, Love?"

 

"Y-Yes... I-I can L-Love. I'm s-s-still wi---th y-you..."

 

Sungyeol smiled. "Good. Don't close your eyes, okay? Just don't."

 

Myungsoo nodded and gripped Claud's hands tightly. "D-Daddy... please hang in there... the ambulance is... is coming so please..."

 

Sungyeol ruffled the kid's hair and took him to his arms too. "Don't worry Baby... Daddy Myungsoo will be okay. So don't cry. Please, don't cry."

 

The scene broke everyone's heart. Sungyeol haven't broke down yet until now. Until Claud beside him asked to be hugged, to be comforted.

 

The sobs the two made, made everyone shed tears. There's nothing more heatbreaking than seeing the two completed man, now broken again because the one who keeps them together is fighting for his own life.

 

Myungsoo is now fighting for his own life and who knows what could happen inside the emergency room. Woohyun forced his way in even though his brother asked him to stay out. Seeing his bestfriend gets broken again broke him too. And he made a decision that if his family can't save Myungsoo to make Sungyeol happy, then he'd rather be there so he could be hated too. He just can't take away what makes Sungyeol happy after everything that happened.

 

He saw how the bleeding stopped with all the stitches Cristine and his Hyung made. While he's cleaning minor wounds around Myungsoo's face.

 

"Dad... will he be okay?" Woohyun dared to ask his Dad who's beside him. "He will be right?"

 

"Ask you friends if they have the same blood type with him."

 

"What? Why?"

 

"The blood loss is making things more complicated so he needs to have some to help him survive this."

 

"O-Okay. Wait." Woohyun give whatever he was holding to the nurse near him as he went out of the Emergency Room.

 

As everyone stand up as Woohyun went out of the room, removing his face mask and gloves as he tried to speak. "I know we don't share the same blood types, but if anyone please... if anyone here have the same blood type as Myungsoo come with me now... his blood loss is making everything complicated inside and--"

 

"What's his blood type, Woo? , calm down." Sunggyu run circles through his husband's back and the younger calmed down a little.

 

"O. His blood type is O. Anyone here--"

 

"I'm O."

 

Yerin put down the chocolate drink she brought for Claud, all eyes on her as she straighten his shirt.

 

"Y-you are?"

 

"Yes. I'm willing to lend mine so... take as much as you want."

 

Sungyeol looked at Yerin, teary eyed. The girl has been helping them so many times and now...

 

"Y-Yerin... I don't know how I could repay you but--"

 

"As long as you're okay, oppa..."

 

"Huh?" Yerin held Sungyeol's hand and smiled.

 

"As long as you're okay. As long as you're alive and the heart inside you is beating... you're already paying me with all that. So let me help you with the little that I've got--"

 

"As long as the heart inside me is beating... what do you mean by that?"

 

Yerin shook her head. "Just be well, oppa. Now, let me help you bring Myungsoo-oppa back to life. Let me maximize my help from here."

 

Yerin slouched down and met Claud's teary eyes. "Let's feed the ducks once we're home from all of this, okay?" the kid nodded and she hugged Claud. "Everything will be okay, so don't cry and eat what I have for you and wait for me to come back."

 

"I-I will noona... so please--"

 

"Ssh... be a good boy while I'm away."

 

--

 

Two hours. Three hours. Three and a half passed and everyone is still waiting for the doctors to come out from the Emergency Room.

 

Sungyeol still can't eat while Claud eats whatever Yerin brought for him to please the lady for helping his Daddy Myungsoo. Yerin came back holding her arm with her fingers pressing against the cotton to avoid the blood to splurt out. Claud thanked her by hugging her tight and Sungyeol just nodded as the girl sit down beside him. They waited and waited for who knows how long. No one dared to speak and no one tried to break that silence surrounding them.

 

The taller is battling with his own self as the flashbacks keeps on creeping back on his head. The scenario that made everything heartbreaking now is killing him inside. He feels like he's already internally dead if it isn't for Claud holding his hands tightly.

 

He then decided to stand up and let go of Claud's hand only to sit down in front of the kid's knees and cry. "Wanna come with me somewhere?"

 

"W-Where?"

 

"To the chapel... let's pray."

 

"Okay Dad."

 

The others only let them go as the two walked hand in hand to the chapel. The two needed time to be with each other. No one could even help them there nor cheer them up but themselves.

 

Once inside the chapel, Sungyeol chose to sit in front, directly kneeling and put his hands together. Claud watched him as he did all of this in front of him.

 

"I'm not the most religious human being you ever made and I know I may be asking too much from you but please..." Claud's eyes began to wet again as he watched the tall man who saved him cries. Shoulder's shaking, eyes closed. All of it is breaking his heart though the other isn't trying to. Claud put his hands to his mouth to control the sobs. "...please give him back to me... let him be alive and well from that operation... you already did it to me and I'm not even that worthy.... but he is. You know he is. Please get him out of there alive.... please let me be and Claud happy with him. I know he's too much for me and I don't deserve him. I know that so well, but please... please... I need him back beside me alive."

 

Claud took Sungyeol in his arms as if his life is depending on it. Trying to atleast give the other enough comfort for him to calm down. For him to know that he's not alone. That he's there beside him through all of this. That he's hurting too.

 

"Daddy... Please calm down... You told me to calm down right..." he made the older face him by taking his face with both hands. "Daddy Myungsoo will not die... okay? He won't leave us just because of that... we both know he won't.."

 

"But what if--"

 

Claud shook his head and tap Sungyeol's cheeks. "He won't Dad. Let's trust him, please... let's trust Daddy Myungsoo. He'll make it out there alive."

 

Sungyeol sobbed hysterically on Claud's arms and the other can only hug him back tightly. They stayed in that position for who knows how long. But when Dongwoo called them to let them know that the operation just ended, they run through the corridors to make it back quickly. When they get there, an unconscious Myungsoo, with a breathing mask attached on his face. The accident didn't do much on the younger's face, but it did on his arms. But other than that, he looks just fine like he didn't even get into an accident.

 

"Okay, so here's the thing. The bandage on his head is because he kinda hit his head and bleeds on the back side, but the CT Scan, is okay. So there's nothing wrong with his head. We made some stitches on his arms and his right foot is slightly damaged, but he'll be okay. Good thing his blood loss isn't that much and Yerin is here to donate as soon as possible."

 

Yerin nodded.

 

"If he's okay, why isn't he awake yet?"

 

"Don't worry. He'll probably wake up tomorrow." Woohyun's Dad patted Sungyeol's shoulder. "He actually opened his eyes in the middle of the operation. but as soon as he muttered your name, he fell asleep again. So it'll be good if he woke up with you near him as much as possible."

 

Sungyeol slide his way down to the floor as he watched Myungsoo sleeping so soundly on his bed. "God, Love... you scared me. You scared me so much I almost collapsed."

 

Together with everyone else, they followed the doctors and nurses aiding Myungsoo in the room where they'd place him. As they all went out, leaving only families and friends inside, Sungyeol sat down beside Myungsoo's bed taking Claud to sit on his lap.

 

"Baby, can I ask you a huge favor?"

 

"Sure Dad... what is it?"

 

"As soon as Daddy Myungsoo wakes up tomorrow, I'm leaving."

 

The kid turn his head up to face Sungyeol who's looking so serious. "Where are you going, Dad? The doctors says you need to be beside him as soon as he wakes up right?"

 

"I will be there, don't worry. But I'm not staying."

 

"What do you mean by that, Lee Sungyeol?" Sungyeol placed Claud on his seat and faced the Kim's who's lookig at him with a confused look. "What do you mean by that? Are you leaving my son?"

 

"No. If I could take care of things from here, I won't even think of leaving."

 

"And that things you needed to take care of are?"

 

"My future with him and Claud."

 

--

 

The next morning, like how the Doctors said it, Myungsoo wakes up dimply smiling at Sungyeol who utters "Welcome back, Love. How's sleep?"

 

But Sungyeol is gone the next time he woke up.

 

The Kims decided to take care of Claud and Myungsoo as he was discharged. Taking him back to their resthouse near the oceans where they think Myungsoo could rest, which the other did. Him and Claud done nothing but walked around the sandy beach, picking up seashells and writing random thoughts about life on the sand.

 

Myungsoo is not asking about Sungyeol, he's not even worried to where the younger is because it's clear that Sungyeol is taking care of what happened to LGC. The issues have died down and it was said that that younger will take over sooner than expected.

 

The relationship between their Dads were kept hidden, but both families are already aware. Sungyeol made it possible to be known by their families but protected from the media and people, not like his relationship with Myungsoo.

 

The younger is recovering fast and within three days upon discharge, he can walk without support again, making it possible to do all things with Claud that could take away his attention to something negative that could affect his positive mindset.

 

Sungyeol looks so dashing and intimidating on TV. At least he knows where the older is. Myungsoo decided to help through computer. But technologies is not being such a great help for him to communicate with Sungyeol because the taller declined all the communication made by him and so does their friends.

 

That typical day, everyone is with Myungsoo by the shore, playing around. Myungsoo is thankful by his friends' presence. He gets to take some pictures too. But what suddenly caught all of their attention is Aga; barking towards the water though no one's there.

 

"What the is wrong with Aga?" Woohyun said as he served the ball to the other side which Sunggyu caught and hit back to the younger.

 

Aga keeps on spinning around and barking. Myungsoo decided to went closer to the dog and tried to carry him but Aga runs towards the water, swimming its way to somewhere he can't see clearly because of the waves.

 

"Aga! Come back here! You'll get drowned!"

 

But Aga keeps on swimming towards that something floating. The dog swims his way back to Myungsoo, drying itself through shaking.

 

"What's this, Aga? Some trash?"

 

Woohyun and the others stopped this time for good and made their ways towards Myungsoo who was holding a bottle.

 

"Is this the moment where we get to rubbed that thing and wait for the genie to come out?"

 

"That's just so lame, Nam Woohyun." Sunggyu rolled his eyes but Woohyun just hugged him.

 

"There's something inside the bottle, Dad!" Claud exclaimed against Dongwoo's hold.

 

Myungsoo shakes the bottle and saw the thing caught Claud's eyes. "Oh, there is something." he opened the lid and took the piece of paper inside the bottle. "What's this? Another trash inside a trash?" he stretched the paper open and furrowed his eyebrows. "It says, 'Have you waited long?'. What's this?"

 

Aga barked again and he picked up yet another bottle and there's something inside that bottle again.

 

I see you've recovered fast, Love.

 

"Oh God. Sungyeol?"

 

He picked up another bottle and did the same like how he did to the other bottle.

 

Looking for me?

 

And another one.

 

That's enough throwing bottles. Look behind you.

 

And he did. But what greeted him is not Sungyeol.

 

But their friends, smiling widely at him while holding some placards. "W-What? What's all of this?"

 

White roses are given to him by his friends one by one. Each roses has a note attached to it and he accepted it very confusedly.

 

"I swear if you're only doing this to cheer me up, I already told you guys that you don't have to, right? Sungyeol will be back soon after he took care of things--"

 

"Glad you trust me enough to wait for me, Love."

 

Myungsoo froze. Hands roamed around his waist.

 

"I'm back, Love. Missed me?"

 

"Where the did you came from?" Myungsoo asked without turning around.

 

"Turn around then."

 

"What? I swear if this is a joke--"

 

"Just turn around, Myungsoo."

 

Sungyeol moved away from him, showing that something behind him.

 

"Oh my God, Lee Sungyeol."

 

Sungyeol smiled and knelt to the ground and for the third time, pulled out a ring and said... "Let's make it happen Love."

 

Because behind Sungyeol, beyond the other boats; riding alone at anchor; was a great black bird. And if he could describe it according to how he sees it now, it was as if flying across the face of the dying sun.

 

My Other Half

 

Tears left Myungsoo's eyes, almost forgot how to breath when he saw the first ever endearment Sungyeol called him on the ship's upper body.

 

"Oh God, Sungyeol..."

 

"Sorry it took me a long time to come back... I've been busy too, for the wedding preparations."

 

He raised his eyes to him and expelled his breath softly. Unable to utter a word. His heart is clenching up inside him, almost hurting him, but in a good way.

 

Sungyeol took Myungsoo's left hand and put the ring on his left ring finger and kissed it.

 

"I love you, My Other Half... my Love... my Everything... so very much..."

 

But even before he could even answer back, he felt Aga pulling the hem of his shorts.

 

"Aga, stop it."

 

Aga run towards the shore once again and he followed it with his eyes. He gasped almost ungracefully when he saw that something that caught Aga's attention.

 

Hundreds of bottles are floating on the water! He even saw a speed boat making its way away from them, as if waving them goodbye, whoever it is who's riding it.

 

He run towards the water and picked up the bottle to open a lid and open the paper inside it.

 

I love you, my Other Half...

 

"Oh." He picked another bottle, uncorked it. It said the same thing. Did the same thing and when he gets tired, he looked at Sungyeol who was watching him, smile on his lips. "It only said the same thing, right?"

 

"You bet."

 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and turn to watch the other bottles left floating and wrinkled his nose. "You're a rich man, dear Other Half of mine. I can't believe you made this scheme, even polluted the beautiful ocean just to have my attention."

 

"And did I manage to have it?"

 

Myungsoo turn around, placed a finger on his lips, acted as if he's thinking on how to answer. "I guess you did."

 

"I know I did."

 

And Myungsoo's barked of laughter echoed around.

 

"God, I love you Lee Sungyeol."

 

"And I love you more, Kim Myungsoo."

 

--

 

A/N: I wish I managed to lift up your moods with this ending. *smiles* Two more epilogues ahead. Stay with me till then, okay? Can I still see you guys for my next MyungYeol fic? I swear its coming. Leave a comment below. Ciao!