32: We're all in this together ~ Hand in hand ~ Don't Look Back ~ Walk Away

WHOLE

“This is Kim Myungsoo, Mr. Lee.”

 

“Myungsoo? What brought this call? It’s only 5:30am.”

 

“Yes, sorry for the bother but I need to know everything. I heard Sungyeol talking to his Grandfather earlier. And I feel so left out. I need to know what’s happening.”

 

He heard a sigh from the other side of the line and he knows something is really up. “The annual board meeting happening today includes the big bosses of the family. That means Jungyeop is joining. Sungyeol thought, since he’s been here in Korea and still not meeting him personally yet, that he will no longer push through on whatever it is that is happening. And now, for whatever reason, he asked for the annual board meeting to happen later at 9am. But my father had a one on one talk with that cousin of mine and agreed to it. I still don’t know what’s up, but Jungyeop was crying as he went out of Dad’s room. So I was thinking that—“

 

“There’s a misunderstanding somewhere across the line.” Myungsoo finishes the sentence as he bit his fingernails. “You still don’t know anything about what could possibly be the reason for that talk, Mr. Lee?”

 

“Yes. Sorry about that Myungsoo. But I’m trying to get some information from father. But he says to wait till the time of the meetng.”

 

“What can I do from here?”

 

Another sigh from the older. “I don’t know… I still don’t know Myungsoo.”

 

Silence filled both ends of the line and it was the older Lee to break that first. “But he is asking me to ask you to meet him after the meeting, because he kinda knows what will happen in the meeting. And if I were to judge his and dad’s action, it’s as if the meeting later is scripted. Don’t ask me about the details because I’m left out too. And he also says that whatever happens in that meeting is… a challenge to Sungyeol.”

 

“What does that mean?”

 

“I don’t know Myungsoo… but if we read between the lines, I think everything that is about to happen is not the way it is. Maybe it’s not something to be worried about.”

 

Myungsoo gulped as he turns to their bedroom door. He clasped the telephone tightly and sighed. “Tell him I’ll find a way to meet him in any way so I’m expecting to meet him anytime I could. Whatever the time I could give is the only time he could meet me.”

 

And he hangs up the phone. He’s nervous. Where is all of this leading to?

 

--

 

Myungsoo opened up his eyes that same morning, only a little later, feeling sore and loved as he felt the same old warmth around his waist. He smiled as he knows it was Sungyeol.

 

When he tried to move, he felt a lips crushing against his nape and he shivers.

 

“Goodmorning, Love.”

 

“Goodmorning. Let me go so I can make you and Claud breakfast.”

 

He gave Sungyeol a kiss before he emptied the side of the bed to go to where Claud is. Yerin came out from the bathroom holding a mug with her toothbrush in there and nodded to him as she greeted him Goodmorning.

 

“Should I make the breakfast, Sir Myungsoo?”

 

“Uh, just prepare the ingredients. I’ll be right behind you.”

 

“Okay sir.”

 

Myungsoo get inside of Claud’s room. But before he actually went to Claud, he firstly bows to where Cleo is and murmur a “Good morning”. He finally stood beside Claud’s bed and ruffles the kid’s hair.

 

"Baby, you have to go to school... wake up."

 

He opened his eyes and nod indicating that he's already awake so Myungsoo left him there to let him prepare. He then checked up on Sungyeol who was now sitting on the bed and looking in a blank space, so he went straight to their closet.

 

"Love, get up. I'll take a bath first okay? Please, help Claud with his preparation for school."

 

He just nods and Myungsoo went inside their bathroom. Sungyeol then gets up and walked outside their room and opened Claud's bedroom door. He went closer to where Cleo's ashes are and put his palm together.

 

"Good morning, Cleo.. give me strength today, baby... I feel like I needed it a lot today." he murmur then open his eyes. "You know what is happening today, dear? The other sides of our families are about to see me and talk to me about something that will determine everything, and I'm so scared, dear. So scared that I don't even dare telling it to your brother and your Daddy Myungsoo..."

 

He sighed. "But I know I need to do this. I have to do this."

 

He stood from his seat before Claud went out of the bathroom. The child then hugged him and kissed him “good morning” before going out of the child's room.

 

--

 

In their breakfast table, Sungyeol barely talks, and the two find it strange, though Myungsoo knows what is and will happen, because normally he'll always blabber non-sense and become really happy. But Myungsoo's phone rings and that made the taller flinched in place. He looked at him weirdly as he picked up his phone.

 

"Myungsoo. I'm expecting to see you in office today."

 

"Huh? What? I don’t think I get that. Why are you so--" Wait, he wasn’t expecting this. “Why am I needed? What for? Is there something wrong?

 

"You didn't know about the board meeting happening today? Sungyeol haven't told you?"

 

He turns to Sungyeol who's watching him intently as he talk. "No. Why? Is something serious about to happen that is in need of my presence?”

 

"You're about to face the whole clan of their family, Kim Myungsoo."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

The phone almost left his palm as he widened his eyes to Sungyeol who didn't leave his eyes. He continues watching him as if it didn't bother him at all.

 

"Dad, I'll call you back."

 

He let his phone down, far from gentle, to the table that even Claud, flinched. "Dad? Are you oka---"

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that the annual board meeting will include me? I haven’t heard about this.”

 

"Sit down and eat, Kim Myungsoo---"

 

"NO! I'm asking you a question, Lee Sungyeol."

 

"DADS! FOR GOD'S SAKE WE'RE EATING! Don't fight!" Claud said but the two didn't even budge.

 

"Yerin, take Claud back to his room---"

 

"No! You'll fight once I left!"

 

"I said back to your room, KIM CLAUD!"

 

This is the first time Sungyeol raised his voice to Claud that even Myungsoo flinched. The taller was surprised too, pursed his lips close as he turn to Claud's place. Claud was shocked, alright, but didn't say anything as he put down the table napkin and left the table.

 

"You---"

 

"Look, Myungsoo. I don't have time to explain everything to you... things didn't go according to what I planned, and now everything is ed up. And I didn’t know about you joining because I’m certain that you won’t because you’re not yet a recognized member of the board because you’re yet to work for your company regularly. Trust me, this is my first time hearing your involvement physically. All I know is that I will be talking about you with the rest of my family and if everything goes wrong and not according to my plan, I’ll go with my plan B. I think you know this, I’ve told you about this with our friends when we’re in Paris. Now--"

 

"Are we really meant to meet them this early?" Myungsoo cut him off, not following. Is this the meaning of things being scripted? Is his father involved with the plan? And who will he trust? Looking at Sungyeol, he looks scared and vulnerable, and God, he’s worried now. What if this became a reason for his new heart attack?

 

"I don’t know too, okay? I just heard it from Grandpa earlier.”

 

“That call was from him?” he asked remembering the call Sungyeol had in three am. Though he’s certain that it was the older Lee he called.

 

“Yes. And I think they know about Claud already, that is what making me anxious. And Love, I don’t want you to worry, but Uncle Jungyeop met Claud back in his school.”

 

"A-are they against it?"

 

"I won't say they are not, because I'll be lying when I did... but that's the reason of this board meeting, Myungsoo. Me talking about you... about us to them--"

 

"And Claud?"

 

"They don't need to know anything about Claud, Myungsoo. I don’t want them to know about Claud if they’re still yet to find out about him. Because I'm scared to death of what they could do to him once they knew about him being your adopted son. That will make things more complicated--"

 

"What do you mean? How exactly does Claud's situation complicate things?"

 

"Love, don’t be stupid, please. I’ve told you what could happen. One wrong move in our side and we’ll lose him. He has the power to have Claud, he’s the grandfather of the kid. You don't know how much I don't want them to know about him, Myungsoo. Things could get worse than ever. You know exactly who is he in this family; in my family!"

 

"I DON'T UNDERSTAND! WE HAVE A SAY TO THIS ISSUE! CLAUD AND CLEO WAS ABANDONED!"

 

"JUST!" he grabbed Myungsoo tightly by the shoulder. "You just have to be there... don't mention anything about Claud. Do you understand? If you mention anything about him being your adopted son, we’ll lose him."

 

Myungsoo, despite being confused, nodded. He can't understand a thing, until Sungyeol hugged him tight. "Let me protect Claud and you from them, Myungsoo..."

 

"O-Okay..." he hugged Sungyeol back tightly, reassuringly. How he love the taller that all he wanted was for him to calm down. But he still need to know what could happen, he has to meet Lee Jungyeop after the meeting. He felt the urge to meet him.

 

After Sungyeol left, Myungsoo asked Yerin to leave him and Claud for a while. The younger isn't crying, but he doesn't look happy either. He sighs as he sits down beside Claud.

 

"Baby--"

 

"Daddy Yeol left already? Can I go out now?"

 

That broke his heart. He knows that Claud was scared back there, but didn't show it. Sungyeol is stressing himself about the things happening around him and his family. He can't really control the taller to calm down.

 

"Am I not allowed to leave this room till he forgives me---“

 

"Baby no..." he held Claud's face with both hands and the younger stare back at him, tears in his eyes. "...no. Daddy Yeol is not mad at you... he's just stressed from work and--- oh baby! Please don't cry. Please!" he took Claud on his arms as the kid shed tears. "You have to understand that Daddy Yeol is not mad at you or anything close to that... he wanted to protect us and he's been stressed about that since you came in our lives. I know it. I can feel it... he's scared for a reason, and we know that reason. He never hid it from us. You’re aware of our situation and how one move from our side could make me, Sungyeol and yourself to lose each other. He told us back in Paris right?"

 

"T-that he d-doesn't want to d-d-disappoint us? Is Daddy Sungyeol going to face them now because of me, Dad? Because they know who I am and what am I with you? And what am I to this family?"

 

"Yes, probably... because baby, we will be meeting the other sides of their family. And Daddy Yeol is scared of what they could do..."

 

"Not because... he's mad at me?"

 

He nods. "Yes, baby. He's not mad at you. He will never be mad at you. But, can you stay at home today? Can you promise not to go out once I left?"

 

"Okay D-Dad..."

 

"Promised?"

 

"Promised." they pinky swore before Myungsoo hugged him for the last time. "I don't know why you wanted to make me stay at home in a school day... but okay. I'll stay inside."

 

Myungsoo don't understand himself too. Why does he want Claud to stay inside their unit? Why is he having this feeling?

 

Then he answered himself internally, If that Jungyeop wanted to talk things out with him and Claud, then he has to face him first. There’s no way he’d let that man meet Claud.

 

After asking Yerin to stay until either he or Sungyeol went home, he left the house and drives himself to LGC; where the battle begins.

 

--

Claud sent a message to Taehyung who’s been trying to call him but every call the other made was rejected by him.

 

V: Hey, you’re supposed to be here now. Where are you? Are you running late?”

Claud: No. I won’t be attending school today?

V: Huh? Why? Problem? Are you okay?

Claud: I’m fine. I’m okay, don’t worry too much. I’ll be back once everything is okay on our side.

V: Do you want me to go there after class? I just told Teacher Jang that you won’t be attending now.

Claud: Thanks, V. And no, don’t come. Things are complicated here, and I don’t want to drag you in any way.

 

As soon as the two left Dongwoo’s apartment  Dongwoon, Hyunseung and Yoseob pressed the doorbell.

 


"Are we really doing this? Why can't we just spare the kid? He wasn't supposed to be there!" Yoseob whine as the door opens.

 

A pair of curious eyes watching the three guys in front of their unit. Dongwoon immediately smile. "Hi! We are your Daddy Lee Sungyeol's bodyguard. And he... asked us to pick you up and bring you there in LGC." Lies. They’re not Sungyeol’s bodyguard. They are Myungsoo’s.

 

Claud opened the door widely as he tried to observe the men. Hyunseung isn't talking while Yoseob is sending the kid a signal to run away and close the door. But the kid failed to notice that.

 

"Is he really asking me to come with you?"

 

"Yes. You're Kim Claud, right?"

 

"Yes. That's me--"

 

"Claud! Who's at the door?"

 

Yerin came and was surprised to see three men at the door. Out of instinct, she pulled Claud inside the room and faces the men herself. The men looked… familiar. But why can’t she place it where and when she met them?

 

"Who are you? What do you want?"

 

Claud's room isn't sound proof; she heard everything from the child's room when Sungyeol and Myungsoo are talking. And the men in front of them are giving her chills; this men smells trouble.

 

"I asked you a question." she tried again.

 

This time, Hyunseung was the one to step forward. "Young heir wanted Kim Claud in LGC before the board meeting starts."

 

She furrowed his eyebrows to that. Sungyeol is asking for Claud? "What do you mean?"

 

"Exactly what you heard. Now, give us the kid. We don't want to be late."

 

"But Sungyeol-oppa is yet to call me to inform me about any of you--"

 

Yoseob was cheering her on but Hyungseung is Hyunseung.

 

"He's caught up between accommodating his family members who came from overseas, and the meeting itself. He's not allowed to call anyone. That is why he sent us here."

 

Yerin is still doubtful, but as Claud nudge the hem of her shirt, she decided. "I'll come too."

 

Hyunseung bit his lower lip. Yoseob was happy that Yerin could at least come. Dongwoon is feeling tense.

 

And he sent the message the other side has been waiting for.

 

We have secured Kim Claud. We're on our way there.

 

--

 

Myungsoo reached LGC at exactly 8:30am. The meeting will start at 9am so he still have time to mingle with the crowd, but he chose to approach their friends who was surprisingly there. Especially WooGyu. Though he knows these two will probably be there, knowing Sunggyu’s position and partnership with LGC.

 

"What are you guys doing here in complete attendance?" he looked at the WooGyu couple. The WooGyu couple are looking at him with all smiles.

 

"Our families are one of the stock holders. You didn't know that?"

 

He shook his head. "How am I supposed to know? I'm not a Lee."

 

"But you'll probably be, soon."

 

"He's announcing this to the board and to the whole clan of the Lee's. The members of the family are seen arriving at Incheon Airport when we’re in Paris, right?"

 

He suddenly froze and looked around nervously. There's no one there yet, except for the staff and some employees. Some board members are already there, some are smiling, and some are looking at him with full envy.

 

He ended up beet red and lean to Sunggyu to whisper. "Are they inside? Where are they?"

 

"CEO's office."

 

The door flew open and his own parents came in one by one with Moonsoo and Daeyeol. Sungyeol's Mom also behind them.

 

They all get closer to them. "Why are you here, Moonsoo? You too, Daeyeol?"

 

"I need to support Hyung, Myungsoo-hyung."

 

"What? Why?"

 

Daeyeol gave me the familiar smirk and just shrug.

 

"We're all here to support, Hyung. Don't mind us." Why does everyone looks so happy and calm? Aren’t they worried about what could happen today?

 

The room fell quiet as the next group of people came in. Sungyeol saw him in an instant but he just smiled but that came with a worried look.

 

Moonsoo seated beside Daeyeol while he was pulled by his dad to sit beside him, directly across Sungyeol who was sitting beside his Mom. His Dad seated at the seat next to their grandfather who was giving the younger a look.

 

"Now that everyone is gathered here, I would like to start this meeting as soon as possible." Sungyeol's Dad says as he pulled out a paper from a folder. "We are called here, together with the rest of the Lee Family, to let everyone know, that the heir of this family is legally engaged to the Kim's eldest son." Everyone turn to Kim Sunggyu who's eyes widen and shook his head to deny because Woohyun is beside him. "Kim Myungsoo, I mean."

 

Now everyone is all eyes on him and he doesn't know how to react. He wasn’t supposed to be there, Sungyeol didn't warn him and made him face everyone and now he feels so scared with the situation. He can only watch Sungyeol across the table as if he's reviewing the paper, looking so relaxed.

 

"The once broken partnership between Kim and Lee gave us the shake we deserve for they are very much needed in the empire. But the said partnership was once again renewed five years ago, when my son left the country to continue his studies in Spain under the care of my parents. Everything since then went smooth, and with that in hand, we don't want anything like broken partnership to happen again. And now my son is romantically committed to the Kim's son and is now planning to take everything in the next level with him."

 

Everyone fell silent and Sungyeol's Dad continued. "This won't be a marriage for convenience. What they have is real. But the said marriage will serve its own purpose to strengthen the said partnership." he paused and look at Sungyeol who only nods and then look at Myungsoo intently, as if sending him some signals. "The said marriage will also separate the GSSC ownership. We all know that the owner of GSSC is my son. At the very young age, he managed to take over it--- no. He doesn't need to take over it because he owned it. GSSC is the pride of LGC as it became a five star condominium."

 

"Wait."

 

All eyes flew to the other side of the room. A man maybe a little younger to Sungyeol's Dad put the paper down and smile. "I have nothing against the marriage of the two heirs. But why do we need to separate GSSC? GSSC have been one of the best properties owned by the family."

 

"And isn't GSSC the prime and the face of all the LGC property?" asked by another woman across the first man.

 

"Sungyeol wanted to separate the said property because GSSC will stand between the partnership of LEE and KIM right after their marriage."

 

Myungsoo suddenly furrow his eyebrows to that. What the hell? Am I hearing it right?

 

"GSSC will be under the joint ownership of Sungyeol and Myungsoo once they marry--"

 

"You're kidding."

 

The younger stood up and grab his Dad's folder and read it for his own risk.

 

"You mean to say, once the GSSC is legally separated from the LGC ownership, that means, GSSC will function alone with their power?"

 

Sungyeol's Dad nods and Sungyeol continued looking at me.

 

"You're kidding. I am not having it this way. I wasn't informed about this. GSSC was established under Sungyeol. I don't have anything to do with this."

 

"The legal separation of my property from LGC ownership will only be possible if anyone here go against me and Myungsoo. The marriage between me and Myungsoo, including all the possible add-ons... Sit down, Myungsoo." The younger furrow his eyebrows. Add-ons mean Claud right?

 

Sungyeol stood and he sat down as he take over the table and look around.

 

"I'm not this tyrant and cunning, but I'll lay everything I have if anyone here goes against my marriage with Myungsoo. GSSC is strong enough to function on its own. Not to mention, if GSSC did have its own pace and freed itself from LGC's grasp, LGC will be shaken. GSSC is one of the properties we own that's bringing in money here non-stop. It is even considered as the main source of our profit. And if I do leave, I won't be around to lead this company. Cause I'll be focusing on bringing it down myself." Sungyeol smirked and went over to Myungsoo's seat and lean over the headrest of his seat. "Call me desperate, but I need to keep this man with me, together with whatever he has to offer me, for the rest of my life. I don't mind pleasing anyone in this family. I’m born to do exactly that. So if anyone wanted to go against me and Myungsoo, I am asking you to stand now and speak."

 

"Sungyeol."

 

Sungyeol's grandfather have his hands clasped together. Sungyeol turn to him.

 

"What is it, grandfather?"

 

"You're amusing and impressive as ever. You’ve given me enough to understand what you could do just to protect the Kim’s heir. But still, I didn’t see this coming.” The old man sighed and look around the round table. “Well whatever it is, let me listen to your thoughts regarding this matter.”

 

"You are born to lead this empire. There's no need for this. I obviously don't care about who you'll marry. I know you won't disappoint anyone here. And besides, we are talking about the Kim's Heir here; as smart and as cunning as you when it comes to business; although we are yet to see him in action. Still, the contribution he gave in the KGC is way too impressive to judge him negatively."

 

"I don't see why not either."

 

"I can really see this happening now Hyung? I'm so proud of you!" Sungjong clapped his hands playfully.

 

They're all positive. Everyone is smiling and laughing as they congratulate him and Sungyeol. His family is all warm and accommodating; ready to hug them anytime especially the girls of the family.

 

"I say you're playing this in your favor, Sungyeol. I can't believe you'll pull this thing to us, you blackmailer."

 

Sungyeol gave everyone a smile before giving that a retort. "I'm a Lee. I don't go easy, Uncle. Easy is never in our vocabulary." Myungsoo watched the taller’s expressions and all he can see is worry. He’s still worried because a man in that round table is yet to give his remark, yet to react. Is that his Uncle Jungyeop? Is that the man I will be meeting later once this meeting is over?

 

The guy he called Uncle gave Myungsoo a firm hold on his shoulder and smile at him. "And a Lee takes possession over the things they wanted to keep by their side forever."

 

"Exactly."

 

"So okay, you wanted to marry Kim Myungsoo... I have nothing against that. But."

 

Myungsoo look behind him as he got his side slightly pinched by Sungyeol’s father and eyed him like was trying to send him a signal. Are they starting? Is there where the scripted scene is happening?

 

Everyone in the room went stiff. Jungyeop paused and gave Sungyeol a stare that he knows, is up to something. He can feel it.

 

"But?"

 

The door opens, revealing Claud with Dongwoon and Yoseob. Sungyeol immediately clasped the leather hand rest under his arm.

 

WHY IS HE HERE?!

 

"The problem is the kid. He'll be yours once you marry Kim Myungsoo. He'll be having the same surname as everyone of us here. He'll become LEE CLAUD..."

 

"Can you get to your point, Uncle?"

 

Jungyeop smirked inwardly and threw the folder away from him so he could look at his nephew's face fully. "Meaning he'll be in bind in our tradition..."

 

Sungyeol froze in place and so did Myungsoo run beside Claud who held his hands tightly, he wasn’t informed about Claud’s involvement, and that scared him. Woohyun's eyes widened. Sunggyu let his ballpen slips from his hand, Howon abruptly look at his Uncle Jungyeop. Dongwoo tried to hold Howon's hand but the younger make it to ball of fist.

 

"Will you send him to Spain then?"

 

"Don't you even dare, uncle.”

 

Sungyeol's eyes are dangerous and his voice is like poison encircling the whole room.

 

“You’ve lost enough before do you want to lose me now too? We both know who could and capable enough to run this empire now that she’s gone. You already lost someone who could more than I could before.”

 

The tension went thicker. Myungsoo eyed the man called Jungyeop and in his eyes are… regrets and pain. What was that?

 

Jungyeop closed his eyes firmly and Myungsoo saw that he only did that because there were tears in his eyes. Are they still following a script?

 

"But I do dare you, Lee Sungyeol... now choose. Marry Kim Myungsoo and send this kid back to Spain where the heirs of this family go to study without any communication, or not marry Kim Myungsoo at all. Choose between that two choices and when you're finally done, call us in again." The older said, trying hard not to let his voice break.

 

“The child is out of the question here, Uncle Jungyeop! Claud is not to be involved here!” Sungyeol said raising his voice. Why do these people always using the people dear to him during these situations.

 

“That is the only way to make me approved of this marriage. Because marrying Kim Myungsoo means a stranger creeping in our family register.” Jungyeop retort firmly. “And besides, I tracked down everything about this child. I know how capable he is.”

 

“HOW IS HE A STRANGER?! Because you guys didn’t choose him for me? Is that it?!”

 

“That’s exactly the reason.”

 

Sungyeol cussed and run his fingers through his hair.

 

“But the kid… he’s out of the question!”

 

“He is in the question if you marry Kim Myungsoo because he adopted him!  And he’s in the question because I KNOW HIM!”

 

Sungyeol froze. He knows him? He knows Claud and still wanted Claud to experience what he experienced as an heir? Is he really asking for this?

 

“Uncle…” Sungyeol said as he approached Myungsoo and Claud and push the two behind him. “…being this family’s heir means loneliness. You wanna know why?” he asked sarcastically, “Let me tell you then, since you didn’t experience it at all.” He added venomously. “Being brought back to Spain without your parents with you? That’s hell. And there’s no way I’d let Claud experience that because he already did experienced that and we managed to pull him out of that lonely place when a certain somebody abandoned them just because he and his sister are not the way they wanted them to be. Because Claud and his twin are carrying a stranger’s name!” he paused and bit his lip, eyes full of anger and disappointment towards the man he called Uncle. “I’m not trying to change history here--- okay maybe I am because I don’t want Claud to experience what I experienced even though he already did. I won’t be the one to make him experience more of it. And if it’s going to be like this?” Sungyeol took Claud to his arms and carry the kid who is now confused of what is happening. “Then I’d rather separate GSSC from LGC and become that someone to protect this kid and so does Myungsoo… I’d live separately from this family and expect me to bring this down myself, that’s a promise.” He looked around him and glared to everyone who met his eyes. “If you don’t want that, you guys better leave Claud and Myungsoo alone.”

 

He then turns to his Dad and to his grandfather who only nod. “Dad, my resignation letter will be in your table tomorrow. I’m expecting the legal separation of properties papers to be right behind me as soon as I walked out of this room.”

 

He stopped and turns around again, pressing Claud’s head between his neck. “And if you really do know him… you probably know that you’ve done enough damage for this kid’s life, uncle. You’ve done enough to ruin his life and my cousin’s life, because if you only listen to what they have to say that day, Cleo would still be here. Cleo might be taken care of by the best doctors before she even have that disease that killed her. She could’ve lived if it isn’t for your stupid wrong decision trying to control you daughter’s life. If you failed to be a good father to her, I won’t be failing being his cousin… we’re on a different league. And I don’t ing swing that way.”

 

He held Myungsoo’s hand with his free hand. He didn’t put Claud down and walked away. “Let’s go. Let’s get out of here.”

 

Myungsoo turn to see the reaction of the board as he followed Sungyeol’s closely, Claud too. But the two were cut off when Sungyeol speaks. “Don’t look back to anything that’s unworthy.”

 

“But Dad---“

 

“Don’t look back and hug me Claud. That’s all I need.”

 

Claud hugged Sungyeol tightly and Myungsoo squeeze his hands for assurance.

 

“We’re all in this together, Sungyeol.”

 

“You got me and Daddy Myung, Dad… We will never leave your side.”

 

--

 

Author’s note: BA-BAM! How’s this? What do you think is happening? –winks winks- We’re nearing end, guuuuys! Leave a comment below to let me know what you guys think of this chapter. Are you touched? Worried? Mad because I made it this way? What? Please tell me. <3