18: Just the way you want me to ~ Who's calling? ~ ^_^

WHOLE

Howon opens then closes the door and sat down abruptly beside Woohyun who was sleeping on Sunggyu's lap. Dongwoo soon follows with an amused look on his face and went straight to where Myungsoo is, which is beside Sungyeol's bed.

 

"Myung, much as we wanted to stay here till Yeollie wakes up, I'm afraid we can't. I'll take Howon home."

 

Myungsoo gave the older a faint smile. His eyes are still swollen for all the cries that day and his voice are still hoarse. "Sure Hyu---"

 

"Who says about me coming with you to go home?" Howon snapped at Dongwoo gaining surprised looks from everyone inside that room.

 

"Howon, let us not fight in front of them---"

 

"Oh. We're fighting?"

 

Dongwoo gave Howon a glare who also gave him a challenging look. That is when Woohyun on Sunggyu's lap woke up while rubbing his eyes in a cute way.

 

"You guys... People inside here barely sleeps because our friend there is having a hard time, yet you two...."Woohyun sighed and scratched his nape to disappointment.

 

If the situation they're into now is different, they should be laughing. But the machine attached to Sungyeol who keeps on making a sound is restraining them and is reminding them how much misery they're into right now.

 

"If you want to fight. you should go home. Or is that your way to wake Sungyeol up?"

 

Howon didn't say anything back to Woohyun, but instead, he hung his head low. They just got scolded and it's all because of him.

 

"You kids should go home... You are all tired too." Mrs. Lee interrupted with a faint smile. "Once Sungyeol wakes up, we'll take him back in Seoul."

 

"But auntie. I would like to stay here---"

 

"Woohyun-ssi, I know you're all worried. We all are. But... You all have works to do back in Seoul. You should go. And I promised to call you guys once he's awake." Mrs. Lee went closer to where Woohyun and pull Howon together to hug the two boys. "Sungyeol won't like it if he find out that you're all skipping works because of him... so you better go home. All of you."

 

Woohyun sighed and hugged Mrs. Lee back. "Okay auntie. But keep you promise to call us once he's awake. Okay?"

 

Myungsoo sees them all of at the main lobby of the hospital. That is when Woohyun asked for his time to talk about Cleo.

 

"Myungsoo. will you be coming back to Seoul for Cleo's body?"

 

"Yes. I'll be there tomorrow. Me and Claud settle for cremation."

 

Woohyun nods and tap his shoulder. "Okay. Then we'll go now. Take care of the things here while we're gone. Call me okay?"

 

"I will, hyung. Thanks."

 

Myungsoo went back to Sungyeol's room and sees how his Dad and Sungyeol dad is sitting at the side across to their moms. And he still can't grasp the reality about their family. His mom is happily chatting with Sungyeol's mom though there's still worry in her eyes.

 

He chose to sit down beside his mom and he get the attention. Moonsoo and Daeyeol are back in the resthouse of the Lee's with Sungyeol's grandparents earlier because the two insisted to stay and be here tomorrow morning. Claud stayed though. And was sleeping on the other bed near Sungyeol's bed. He smiled when he remembered how the kid begged to stay. Maybe the shock is still there. Losing his sister and seeing Sungyeol bedridden is making the kid restless and he can't blame him for that.

 

"Can you all listen to me for awhile?"

 

The four stayed still and look at him. He bit his lips. "That kid... Sungyeol and I are planning for adoption."

 

"We can see that as clear as water from here." his Dad retort.

 

"Yes. And by the looks of it, I think the papers are now under process. That kid's sister died back in Seoul. And we're claiming her body for cremation."

 

"Oh my gosh.." the two lady gasped ane Myungsoo just nod.

 

"She has the same condition as Sungyeol. But she have it much worst and can no longer be treated. So yeah..."

 

"Will you take them in?"

 

"Mr. Lee, of course we will. And I just found out about Howon. Lee Howon. And how his dad was adopted by the Lee's but cannot be introduced as one of you guys. And whether or not you and your whole clan accepted them as our kids, I don't care anymore. Claud will be adopted by me. And by the time me and Sungyeol marry, he'll take the Lee as his surname."

 

Mr. Lee sighed but smiling. "You two have this for a plan all along? I can't believe you'll be challenging the whole clan."

 

"Its me this time. I don't care if you guys accept him as our son. And I know Sungyeol wont care either. But, the adoption with that kid will be handled by me. Whatever it is, I know Sungyeol already started it. I just need to make some few adjustments to apply a little more force coming from me."

 

"I don't think the whole clan have a say on this at all, Myungsoo." Mrs. Lee countered and everyone turn to his side. "Sungyeol is ready to leave anytime if everyone go against him. He'll take GSSC with him. And that will definitely pull out the heart of the whole Lee Empire. He's the center of this family. He's the heart and the brain. Sungyeol have everything and is ready to play his ace anytime..."

 

"And that ace is?"

 

"GSSC Ownership."

 

"How does the ownership over GSSC helped us here?"

 

The four smiled and I have a feeling that they won't tell me anything not unless Sungyeol himself wakes up and tell me everything that concerns the two of us and the whole LEE Family.

 

--

 

Howon kicked his shoes off and went inside his unit as fast as possible as Dongwoo was just behind him.

 

He caught the younger already on his bed hugging his pillow so tight. He made his wat closer to where the younger is and put his hand over his head. Howon flinched.

 

"I said don't you touch me..."

 

"Tell that to my face."

 

"I don't want to."

 

Dongwoo smiled. "Why?"

 

"We both know what will happen if I were to turn your side..."

 

"You don't want that?"

 

" off. I'm mad at you."

 

Dongwoo ruffled Howon's hair and smiled as he tried to roam his hands around Howon's back.

 

"You don't mean that..."

 

"Trust me. I do."

 

"You can just ask me anything you want about Cristine you know?"

 

Howon stayed quiet and he waited for minutes before Howon turn to his side but move farther from him enough to keep one pillow between them. Dongwoo giggles.

 

"As if a pillow could stop me."

 

"Shut up. I'll ask you now. And when you lie, I'll kick you out. Do you hear me?"

 

The older nod and lay down on their bed while he rested his head over his arm while looking intently at Howon who was indian sitting on the other half of the bed.

 

"How come you didn't tell me about her? We've been together since middle school--"

 

"Together as friends. Yeah."

 

Howon squinted his eyes. "What do you mean by that---"

 

"Are we going back to when you still love Sungye---"

 

"Okay shut up. Let's move farther from that one. So tell me when you met her? And how come I didn't know her? She's in our age she says. So probably around your or my age."

 

"She's older than me. She looks like she's young, but no she's not. She's actually 25."

 

"WHAT?"

 

"Yeah. Next question."

 

"You haven't answer everything I just asked!"

 

"When I met her? Hmm... I met her on my second year in college at the age of 19. Three years ago. She barely started her residency as a doctor under the Nam's. She's a daughter of their family friend. I met her on a coffee shop. We clicked and after a month of getting to know each other, we decided to make things official. She was 21 years old that time. But after a year of dating, you... confessed to me. And that is when I asked myself, "Do I really love Cristine?" She's already 22 by that time and I was 20."

 

Dongwoo sighed and turn the other side to face the ceiling. "Things gone sore for us. It becomes shaky because you made your point in every way you can without knowing that I'm dating someone that time. And before I could even hurt the both of you once you found out about each other, I broke up with her. Causing her to leave and continue everything about her profession outside Korea."

 

Howon gasped. "That mean you only have a year to recover from that and started dating me?" Dongwoo nods and Howon eyed him with widen eyes. "I can't believe I---"

 

"You're not to be blamed about what happened to us, Howon--"

 

"Why do I get the feeling that, that is not true?"

 

Dongwoo didn't say anything in return. And Howon raised one eyebrow.

 

"Why do i get the feeling that Sungyeol knows her?"

 

Dongwoo then, had the hard time catching Howon's eyes. Will he tell him?

 

He sigh and decided to ell everything to Howon. "Cristine is one of Sungyeol's... doctor."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

The older sits up and grab the pillow only to sit back against the bed's headboard. "Sungyeol came to Korea three years ago..."

 

"Oh my God..." Howon gasped and tears begun to pool his eyes.

 

Its breaking Dongwoo's heart but he needs to tell him. "I met him three years ago when I was breaking everything up with Cristine. We're all too shock. After a while, Sungyeol asked for my time and asked me not to tell anyone of you guys about him---"

 

"YOU DIDN'T CONSIDER TELLING THAT TO MYUNGSOO EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW THAT HE'S NEARLY DYING EVERYDAY TRYING TO LIVE?!"

 

The older bit his lips very painfully. "Sungyeol asked me not to tell. And I myself don't want to tell when he told me that he's leaving that night too. If I were to tell you guys that he's here during those times, and was about to leave that same night, it will only hurt Myungsoo more."

 

Howon stopped and realized that fact to be considered.

 

"He already left Myungsoo without saying anything... telling Myungsoo that will only hurt him more."

 

"But you can never disregard the fact that it could atleast ease him..."

 

"But he won't be at ease after Sungyeol left. Again. Because at the end of the day, he was not allowed to contact anyone. And staying here is also limited during those times."

 

That shut Howon up completely. Dongwoo is right. Sungyeol wasn't allowed to contact anyone though it wasn't confirmed yet. But by the things flow, it looks exactly that way for them.

 

"Anyway, about Cristine... I did not let you know about her--"

 

"YEAH. About your CRISTINE. You didn't tell me anything about her. Dongwoo, we've been together for three years. You had all the times to tell me!"

 

"Because I don't see the necessity to tell--"

 

"You're committed. I have the rights to know everything about you!"

 

"Howon are we really fighting over that matter?"

 

"Would you rather fight worst than this?"

 

"NO! I don't want that. I just---"

 

Howon throws his pillow to Dongwoo's face who was taken back by the sudden outburst.

 

"Go back to your Cristine!"

 

Dongwoo stood and pushed Howon towards the cabinet, that the younger winced in pain. "Is that what you really want?! Me walking out on you to meet someone that annoyed you?!"

 

Dongwoo took a step back and glared at Howon and crosses his arms. "The last time I walked out on you was when you pushed me away, you cried the whole day and ended up in the hospital. So tell me.."

 

He took a step forward to where Howon again and lifted his chin to make the younger meet his eyes. "If me leaving you just because you asked me to will sent you to the hospital... How much more will it be if I were to dump you because of her?"

 

Dongwoo caresses Howon's cheek and the younger closes his eyes. Yes. This is what Howon really want instead of arguing. "Can't you see Hoya? You'll die without me. And I love you so much. I don't want you dying. So enough of this scene and let me you. Just the way you want me to.

 

--

 

Second Day in the hospital and Sungyeol is yet to give signs that he's waking up soon. He's still asleep.

 

Myungsoo is dressed up that morning because he'll be on his way back to Seoul to arranged everything about Cleo's body. Claud is dressed up too and the car is waiting for them. Both Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Kim stayed while their husband's do work. The kids went to school and their friends are all back in Seoul to continue their works.

 

"Dad... will Yeol-daddy wake up anytime soon?"

 

Myungsoo turn to Claud who was sitting on the receiving area. They're both waiting for the two woman to come back from the convenience store that time.

 

He smiled to the younger. "I hope he will, baby..."

 

"I know he will. I have a feeling he will..."

 

He furrowed his eyebrows to that. "How?"

 

"I just know. Or maybe later today or tomorrow."

 

"Hmm.. I realy hope so too. So we could finalized your papers."

 

The kid smiled and held Sungyeol's hand. "Daddy Yeol... I can't wait to be your son and go to school.. I really want to go to school now..."

 

The scene touched Myungsoo's heart. Claud really loves Sungyeol and it's very visible from the kid's eyes.

 

He was about to walk closer to the two when Cristine and Soohyun came in. Myungsoo bow and greeted them. The two checked their charts.

 

"Still no sign of him waking up huh?" Cristine clicked her tongue and met Myungsoo's eyes. "I heard from Soohyun that this is the first time Sungyeol wasn't given a shot of anything that could make him sleep, but he's still asleep. He used to wake up sooner before."

 

"Shall I take that as a bad sign?"

 

"No. Because that could only mean two things. Sungyeol is resting fully. And his body is making its own adjustments after the operation."

 

"But?" Myungsoo met the doctor's eyes and the girl's smile faded and turn serious.

 

"Remember that when he didn't wake up within this week, it means..."

 

"He'll wake up tonight or tomorrow!"

 

Claud says as his eyes are filled with tears. Myungsoo completely forgotten everything about the boy and now the boy is crying.

 

Crisitine push her chart to Soohyun and bend her upper body lower to meet the boy's eyes. "Of course he will..."

 

"Don't treat me like a kid! And stop saying he'll die if he won't wake up within this week!"

 

Myungsoo and Soohyun was shocked but decided to listen to the kid.

 

"Sungyeol-hyung will adopt me! He's a man of his word. I'll be his and Myungsoo-hyung's son! And I already lost my little sister! I've had enough of losing people I love and treasure!"

 

"Sssh..." Myungsoo hugged Claud against his chest and asked the two doctor to leave the room as he tried to comfort the kid and the two agreed. "Baby... it's okay. I promise that even if we exceed this week without him waking up, we'll wait till he does... okay? We won't give up on him. We won't."

 

The two woman arrived and was shocked by the scene but decided not to asked. Myungsoo stood up.

 

"We'll be leaving, Mom... Mrs. Lee. As soon as we have Cleo's ashes, we'll leave her inside our unit in Topaz and be back tomorrow morning."

 

"We won't come back tonight, Dad?"

 

"Claud, we can't. Cremation is long and it'll probably be late to finish."

 

"But we need to come back tonight, Dad."

 

"Why?"

 

"Because Dad could wake up and I don't want to missed the chance to see him as soon as he wakes up..."

 

Myungsoo sighed and met their mom's gazes. They looked amused so he rolled his eyes.

 

"Fine. We'll go back. Let's go now."

 

They bid their goodbye's to the two woman and walked out of Sungyeol's room with the two woman tailing them to see them off.

 

--

 

Woohyun checked his lists of people he'll be inviting for their wedding. And he finally get a hold of their official invitation. Sunggyu, his fiancee is looking so dashing from where he is. He's inside Sunggyu's office that time.

 

"Shall we send the invitations later?"

 

Sunggyu removed his glasses and smiled. "Its up to you, Woo."

 

"Then.. can we wait till Yeollie wakes up?"

 

A phone call breaks their eye contact as both of their phones rings.

 

On the other side, Howon was with Dongwoo's office and both are surprised because of their phones ringing at the same time.

 

Sungjong is inside his office trying to check the designs over his table, and he stopped as his phone rings.

 

Myungsoo at that time with Claud is claiming Cleo's ashes. And its already late. 7pm to be exact. His phone rung and his eyes widened as he saw the caller ID.

 

He nearly fall if it isn't for Claud who pull him near the seats.

 

"Dad? What's wrong? Aren't you taking that?"

 

With shivering fingers... Myungsoo, Sunggyu, Woohyun, Sungjong, Howon and Dongwoo stared to their phones with shock on their faces.

 

YEOLLIE CALLING...

 

ANNOYING YEOL CALLING...

 

SUNGYEOL-HYUNG CALLING...

 

YEOL-YEOL CALLING...

 

TALLYEOL CALLING...

 

MY YEOLLIE CALLING...

 

The six friends tap the answer button with all trembling fingers.

 

"H-Hello?"

 

"What the ? Are we all here?"

 

"Woohyun-hyung?" Myungsoo asked.

 

"Yeah. I'm here too. Is this a group call? Quit playing with Sungyeol's phone!" Sunggyu?

 

"YAH! That's creepy! Who's using Yeol's phone!?" this time it's Howon.

 

"YAH YOU GUYS! I'M ALONE IN MY OFFICE! STOP SCARING ME!"

 

"This is not a good joke! Who's calling from his phone?" Myungsoo is mad now.

 

"I don't know what's happening, but it's not me nor Hoya. We're in my office in WU. I'm still checking papers here..."

 

"It's not me and Woohyun too! We're finalizing everything about our wedding in my office here."

 

"IT'S NOT ME EITHER!" Sungjong whines.

 

"Then who--"

 

"Can you guys shut up and let me speak..."

 

Myungsoo's phone left his hands.

--

 

A/N: TENENENEEEEEEEEEN! Bye! <3 HAHAHAH ^_^