14: Of all the things ~ Just to make him happy

WHOLE

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This chapter is on the Third's person POV. Just so you know. Don't get confused and comment how i should write who's POV this is. :)

 

--

 

After the first screening, Daeyeol and Moonsoo decided to come with their hyungs to roam around the campus. Its not surprising that every Woollim Academic Buildings are grand when it comes to their open houses. Especially when its their Senior High turn to impress people. Woollim Academy is known for its trilogy. Woollim Elementary School, Woollim Middle School and the Woollim Senior High School. The Academic standard of the said school doesn't care about your status in life. It only cares on how smart you are. So every student in it is so proud being dubbed as one who goes to Woollim.

 

Moonsoo and Daeyeol are inside the locker room provided for their section. Everyone have already left and only the two remained. Daeyeol is having a hard time placing the gifts left fot him by the crazy fan girls. At first, he doesn't really care a bit about those girls oogling around him. Ever since his hyung left the country, its always been him that paparazzi go after with. Not that he mind, but his family want nothing but privacy. Being high class and all when it comes to the business world.

 

His phone rang making his face crumpled. Why is she calling me now?

 

A hand placed over his shoulder, made him flinch. "Da-- woah. Its just me. No need to be that scared." Moonsoo said while a hand is over his chest because he got surprised by Daeyeol's reaction. "Is it just me or are you becoming more sensitive right now? Shouldn't you be used to my touches now?"

 

The younger smiled sheepishly and look at his hand. "Who's calling you? One of your flings?"

 

The older boy rolled his eyes to his bestfriend. "Talk to my back, Moonsoo..." he turn around but then he remembered something. "You're not bothered by hyung's retort earlier right?"

 

"No. Not really." he says as he helped him sorting out the gifts. "Where are we taking these treats? Should we give it to the kids in that orphanage before we go see that movie you want tonight?"

 

"Will that be okay? I mean, I don't mind if its tomorrow."

 

Moonsoo and Daeyeol always give the treats to other people. They fought about that before and Daeyeol wants fighting with Moonsoo last. Fighting with Moonsoo means cold war. He won't talk to you in any way he can. He won't care about you the whole day unless you say sorry for what you've done or unless you cried begging for him to forgive you if you can't remember what is it that you did wrong.

 

"It'll trouble our plans tomorrow. We're going to the mall right?"

 

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot."

 

Moonsoo sigh and pat Daeyeol's head. "You always forgot things I said." he then smiled and placed a soft kiss over his lips which Daeyeol been wanting for since earlier.

 

The supposed to be short kiss turn to be rough and hungry kiss as Moonsoo pushed him over the lockers. He bit. He nipped. He . Yes, those are Moonsoo's triple killer moves to make Daeyeol crazy for him. Those are the moves that made Daeyeol confused about his own uality. He still don't know how could Moonsoo kiss like that. I mean... they're just thirteen.

 

He encircled his arms over Moonsoo's nape to make the other deepen the kiss until someone knocks.

 

".. Moonsoo, there's someone at the door."

 

"I know." Moonsoo left him and fixed his disheveled hair and smiled before planting one last kiss on his lips and opened the door.

 

"Moonsoo, Daeyeol. You are needed outside. Your hyungs are calling you."

 

"Ah, yes. Thanks, Krystal. We'll be there."

 

Moonsoo closed the door and helped Daeyeol with his things again with a hurry this time. "Are you okay, Day?"

 

"Yeah. I guess I am. Why?"

 

"Nothing. Just act like how we used to act in front of them okay? Don't mind the teasing. We can brushed that all off with acting." Moonsoo traced his lips with his thumb and he just nod, resulting for his significant half pat his head again. He loved it when Moonsoo pat his head that way. "Okay, let's go."

 

As they went out of the locker room and go to where their brothers are, the girls begun swarming around them again but Moonsoo's cold glare making them step back. Daeyeol couldn't be so thankful with Moonsoo when he's being like that especially with this situation.

 

And he's always so proud of Moonsoo. He may be the friendly type when it comes to the two of them, but Moonsoo is the approachable one. He's sweet in a way and gentle with anyone. When Moonsoo is around the people we know, he acts like a kid and a sweet delicate child. But when its only the two of them, he's superior. In many ways.

 

When they saw the group of his brother's friends, he looked for his brother to maybe asked him for a favor regarding teasing Moonsoo, but he's nowhere to be found.

 

"Myungsoo-hyung. Where's hyung?" the younger asked. His brother's lover point to a corridor while munching on his hotdog.

 

"He says he'll be at the comfort room for awhile. He needs to pee."

 

"I see. Thanks. Wait for us here."

 

He gave the younger an okay sign before he walk towards the pointed corridor. Its a good thing that that place of their campus isn't that crowded, so he gladly open the comfort room for boys when he heard a familiar sound.

 

It was his hyung. But he's... coughing?

 

He walked even faster only to see his hyung gripping his medicine kit tightly, while coughing... with blood all over his hands.

 

"OH MY GOD! HYUNG! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?! ARE YOU OKAY? WHO'S BLOOD IS THIS? THAT'S SO STUPID, I KNOW ITS YOURS... BUT WHY?!" Daeyeol panics to his hyung's condition.

 

Sungyeol grab his younger brother's collar. "I'm fine---"

 

"You called this 'fine'? What the hell, hyung! You're clearly spitting blood all over! What is the meaning of this!?" he grab his hyung's medicine kit and open it for his pain reliever tablet, but the older refuses it and pointed to the sink, where he saw the same tablet floating over the water with blood around it.

 

"What the actual--"

 

"I am not tolerating you cussing, Daeyeol. Stop that." Sungyeol grabbed the sink to help himself stand and slowly tried to keep his own self together. "Give me some time, I'll swallow those tablets soon enough..."

 

"But hyung... you're breathing isn't looking good at all... are you okay?" Daeyeol whispers and helped his hyung stands. "And why is Myungsoo-hyung not here?"

 

"Because he doesn't know anything."

 

"He does know. We are all there when Soohyun-sunbaenim told us about your condition. Of course he knows!" the younger gritted his teeth, an anger trying to flow from his inside towards Myungsoo. But the oldest son of Lee's smiled and pat his brother's head.

 

"He does know. But not the thing about it getting worst..."

 

"What?!"

 

Sungyeol sigh and grab the medicine kit from his brother's palm and took all the medicine meant for that time and swallowed it with water.

 

"I don't know why I'm spitting blood, but Soohyun says its not a good sign. I haven't met him for my check ups. I'm only calling him when I need him through phone."

 

"The why didn't you?! You need those chek-up hyung! And the last thing I want now is you, being dead!" the younger whine.

 

Sungyeol walked pass by him and fix himself again. "This is a secret between me and you, Daeyeol, do you hear me?" he turn to the younger. "I am yet to tell this to Myungsoo and the whole family. I don't want anyone worrying about this. And don't worry, because in three days, I'll be back in the hospital."

 

Daeyeol looked at him, confused and he just shrug.

 

"For the preparation of my operation."

 

--

 

As the brother's went out of the comfort room, Myungsoo noticed how Daeyeol's expression turn grey. Its like he's been scolded.

 

Sungyeol stand beside him and took a bite from his hot dog, and he hit him. "Why is Daeyeol looking like that?"

 

"Looking like what?" Sungyeol followed his lover's gaze to his brother and wipe some ketchup from his lips.

 

"Looking like he's been scolded." Myungsoo minimized his eyes. "Did you?"

 

"Did I what?"

 

"Scold him."

 

"I didn't. He just saw something that made him like that." Myungsoo managed to heard that despite Sungyeol trying to whisper.

 

"And that something that he saw that made him like that is?"

 

"Do you mind if we see this till the end?"

 

"Lee Sungyeol."

 

Sungyeol zipped his mouth and just look at Myungsoo who's now giving him the don't-change-the-subject look.

 

The older sigh. "I don't know, okay? I didn't see it. I just... thought of it that way because he always looks like that when he saw something he didn't want to see."

 

A worried look came in Myungsoo's face and that kinda make Sungyeol calm down because he knows that his lover won't push that subject anymore and he thanked his wonderful mind for that, because revealing everything to Myungsoo won't help him. He have to be strong with the remaining days before that day.

 

"Is he okay?"

 

"Let's just hope, he is. Anyway, about my question. Can we see this till the end? I wanted to fulfill the thing we supposed to do back in Senior High..."

 

Myungsoo suddenly smiled to that. Remembering those time where they're up against the world. "You mean the fireworks?"

 

Sungyeol smiled to return the favor and brushed his lover's cheeks. "Yeah. I wanted to see the fireworks this time."

 

Myungsoo nods. "I like that too."

 

The two were interrupted when they noticed that their friends around them are looking at them like a scene from the movies that came to life with foods on their hands.

 

"Why did you stop?" Woohyun asked with a piece of squid tentacle out from his lips.

 

"We're enjoying the show just now." Dongwoo added while giving Sebin and Howon a drink (which he does't realized because he got too immersed watching the two.)

 

"Yeah. Please continue." Sunggyu pleaded while holding a stick with a squid on it.

 

"Can you please give me a pepsi. Thanks." Sungjong asked the vendor in the near booth they're into.

 

"What made you two stop? We're on the way to the good stuff!" Sowon whine while Junhyung holding out a spoon full ice cream towards his girl.

 

They give their friends a glare before they burst out laughing. Sebin who was holding Howon and Dongwoo in place are laughing too. So does Sowon and Junhyung. Myungsoo blushed.

 

"Can we go to our next destination now? I kinda like to check their horrror house facade here. They say they combined five rooms from the fifth floor who was divided by sliding doors to do the said facade. Can we see this? Where are you going, Woohyun-hyung?"

 

They all turn to Woohyun who was trying to tip toe. "I, uh.. Want something to drink?"

 

"There's lots of drinks here already. Why not buy here?" Sunggyu asked knowingly. He knows his fiancee can't stand scary stuff and he's only teasing.

 

"Don't tell me you're thinking of going in there, Sunggyu? Because I swear, I'll leave you."

 

Sunggyu was dumbfounded and decided to remain quiet because of what Woohyun said, which made everybody else to giggle. Woohyun knows how to control Sunggyu now, to their surprise.

 

Sungyeol grabbed the brochure from Sungjong's hand and look at it. "The ramen house is hosted by the grade 8 section 4 and 5. How about we grab something to eat before we decided where to go?"

 

"Oh, I would love that! I've been wanting to try their ramen since morning, but they're opening is at 11am, which happened already! Can we go now?" Moonsoo jumped around and grab Daeyeol by the arm and give him the puffy eye, which Daeyeol could never said no to.

 

"Fine. But, make sure you'll watch my game at 3pm, okay? Which is 45 minutes from now." he says as he look over his watch.

 

Their group decided to go to where the said ramen house is. They all exclaimed happily when they saw the back side of the building near the open field where the fireworks would happen later that night. The open field is full of this colorful things. Not to mention, the foods!

 

"So, the main course are all here?" Dongwoo asked letting go of his niece to take some pictures. "This is grand for a middle school. I don't remember Senior High doing this great. You've separate all the things depending on its variety."

 

"Its like the front side of the building is all snacks and invitations to go further. This is cool and good business." Sungyeol said in amusement too.

 

"Who's the Middle School President? I want to meet him or her."

 

Moonsoo shrug to that question of Myungsoo. "She's someone close to Daeyeol. Ask him."

 

All eyes are on Daeyeol now, but he just shook his head. "I don't know her personally. So don't ask me."

 

"Are you kidding me? That noona confessed to you earlier, Daeyeol."

 

The hyungs raised their eyebrows because of the bickering they are seeing, and decided not to into the small quarrel the two are having.

 

"And you saw me turn her down. Why are you being an again?"

 

"Because she still want to be with you and roam around the whole campus?"

 

"Look, Moonsoo. That girl is just one of those who confessed and gets turn down. There's nothing to worry about those kind of girls."

 

"Who's being an again?"

 

Myungsoo grab his younger brother's wrist before the small quarrel turn worst. "Okay, that's enough you two. There's no point in fighting over something so trivial as if you're lovers."

 

Daeyeol rolled his eyes, while Moonsoo freed himself from his hyung's grip. Sungyeol who's amused as ever look at Woohyun who's trying to communicate with him too. And the two just shrug once they understood what the other might be thinking.

 

"Shall we eat now? I really wanted to eat." Myungsoo whined and look at his fiancee's face.

 

"Okay, let's go. My Love is hungry."

 

Woohyun and Sungyeol are walking ahead while Howon and Dongwoo still playing with Sebin like they're not fighting the other day. Sunggyu and Myungsoo are looking for the foods and Sowon with Junhyung are fighting over something cute behind them that Sowon wanted to have but Junhyung don't want to go back there just to please his girlfriend.

 

Moonsoo looked at his Daeyeol who's not paying attention with his surrounding. Instead, he's texting someone and that kinda irked him but he decided not to ask him about it. But because of Daeyeol's worried face, he decided to ask him before their hyung's in front of them noticed that they slow down their pace.

 

"Daeyeol, what the hell is that face? Are you alright?"

 

Daeyeol look up to Moonsoo and he almost run towards him but he restrain himself for doing so. Instead he just nod and smiled. "Yeah. Just... not that okay."

 

"Is there something wrong?"

 

"None. But coach wanted me inside the gymanasium now so, can you tell them that I'll get going and see you guys there in my game?"

 

Moonsoo nods and Daeyeol run back to the gymnasium in front. He was the last one to enter the ramen house, and thank goodness there are few people left there.

 

"Everyone seems to want best seats for Daeyeol's match." Dongwoo turn to him and he just flashed him a smile.

 

"Daeyeol is popular, Dongwoo-hyung. And so does the members of the basketball team. They're all close to him, and everyone has been asking him the same thing. Why won't he join the club?" Moonsoo sat down beside his hyung who gave him a bowl of ramen. "But Daeyeol wanted a easy life. He does not welcome hassle in his life."

 

"But the last time I met with you two, you said he just came out from the club." Moonsoo asked him while he took the chili powder from Sungyeol.

 

"We just said that so you won't hit us for being late." Moonsoo said while praying that his hyung will let him off this time.

 

Thankfully, Sungyeol got Myungsoo's attention when the taller asked him why did he meet with Daeyeol and Moonsoo without him knowing.

 

"Because I need to know everything for me to be able to be with you without doubt anymore that you'll leave me again."

 

Myungsoo pinched his nose and kiss Sungyeol's surprise mouth. "You don't know how much I wanted to run to you all those years, Myung... I was so scared that you'll---"

 

"Ssshhh... you got me, Love. There's nothing that could take my love for you away from me."

 

Myungsoo hugged Sungyeol and that was the last thing Sungyeol need to cry his heart out. And the tight hug he gave for Myungsoo scared him the most.

 

Because he knows that for him to be able to make this man happy, he have to stay with him forever.

 

If only fate isn't too harsh on them.

 

--

 

When they got inside of the gymnasium, they saw Daeyeol applying tape on his wrist seated on the bench. Moonsoo got worried but Daeyeol must've notice or felt his presence, and he smiled at him. He waved back.

 

The empty seat available for them, which Daeyeol asked Krystal to save, was behind the bench for their team. Enough for them all.

 

Daeyeol come closer to them and he earned a smack on his head courtesy of his older brother.

 

"You should've told me you're not going to eat!"

 

"OUCH! Do you have to hit me hyung?"

 

Another smack. "Yeah, I have to! Anyway, Mom and Dad are on their way. Mom wanted to watch you play. They'll probably be coming with the Kim's."

 

"I know that already. The seat behind you guys are theirs. Do you really think I wouldn't know that Mom will be my forever fangirl with this extra curricular activities?" Daeyeol pouts. "And besides, hyung, this one is important..."

 

Daeyeol bit his lip and Sungyeol smiled to his younger brother. "...because this is the first time you'll be watching me... and I hope I could make you proud. And make you realize that even though we've been raised separately, I can do the things that could make you smile and feel proud and tell the world that I'm your younger brother. Because I've always been so proud being called, 'Lee Sungyeol's brother'..."

 

Woohyun almost cried beside Myungsoo who was touched with the situation. Daeyeol shed a tear but Sungyeol brushed it off and hug Daeyeo, from the bleachers.

 

"I am proud of you Dae... I will always be proud of you. You know that... I may always be not there to watch your every move and I might have make you feel that I'm not paying attention to you, but trust me... I do. And I'm very very proud of you, bro... And why are you even crying? You're not the one to cry." he smiled as he wipe the tears away from his dongsaeng's face.

 

"Because... I wouldn't know if you'll come back to us after that operation hyung... I'm so scared and I have to see that in the---"

 

The older Lee hugged his brother and felt sorry that he have to see that. His brother might've feel traumatize about that. Myungsoo no longer understand what the siblings are talking about. And Howon who was sitting behind him stood up and run outside.

 

He can't take it.

 

Daeyeol must've seen the same situation he saw back in Topaz. And by the way Daeyeol cried, he's certain that the younger Lee knows the situation, but is also torn whether to tell everyone or not.

 

But if they won't speak out, who will be the one to tell them?

 

Before it's too late...

 

Before Sungyeol collapsed in front of everybody again?

 

Before he spit out so many blood again?

 

Howon didn't realized that Dongwoo followed him. And when he was about to run towards Howon when he saw he's crying, Sungyeol stopped him.

 

"Sorry hyung, but can you leave him for me for a while?"

 

"Why?"

 

He flashed him a weak smile. "Because it's me who's causing them this pain and making them feel like they're torn.."

 

"Torn? Torn with what?" Dongwoo asked.

 

"But trust me when I say that he loves you hyung... He truly do."

 

"Why is it so hard to believe you, Yeol..." the older asked in whisper."

 

"Because you're insecure, Hyung. Because you're scared. Because for you, when someone do you wrong for the first time, you'll be scared to try for the second one... and I can't blame you for that. But hyung... you should listen to him. Because Howon have been trying so hard to open up to everyone around him. He was not that easy to become close with... but you managed to break all those ice surrounding him."

 

"It wasn't me who did all the breaking. It was you, Yeol. You gave him so much to appreciate all the things in life."

 

"But it wasn't me he wanted, hyung. It was never me."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

Sungyeol smiled and hugged the older. "Trust yourself more. And I suggest you open your eyes more... because you might be missing something. And you're already missing too much truth before you, Hyung. I know you love Howon..."

 

Dongwoo for the first time in his life being Sungyeol's friend, give him a hug like it was the most natural thing to do that time. He sobs hysterically and Sungyeol have to hold him tightly.

 

"I was so hurt, Yeol... so hurt... its so painful... but I don't want to lose Hoya... He's my everything..."

 

"I know hyung... calm down." he pull away from the older and cupped his face with both hands. "You can win him back... He's waiting for you to do exactly that, so you better do things right this time, okay?"

 

Dongwoo nods and he smiled. Sungyeol is so glad that he could be at help for his friends during these time. "But right now, I need to talk to Howon. So you guys can talk later. Is that okay?"

 

The older nod and went inside the gymnasium again.

 

Sungyeol sigh a few times before he approached Howon completely. And his bestfriend look at him with so much pain and confusion and that almost break his heart. He winced when he felt the usual pain he's having when he doesn't want to see Myungsoo crying, making Howon alert and stand up immediately.

 

"What? What happened?"

 

Sungyeol raised his hand and asked Howon to sit again, which he did. He then sit beside Howon and watch the people passing by and clutch his hands together who was obviously trembling.

 

"Can you give me a hand?"

 

"What do you mean? I've been so confused about this whole situation already, Sungyeol. Stop with all the logic already--"

 

"I wanted to propose to Myungsoo... and if it's okay with you, that will be tomorrow."

 

Howon furrowed his eyebrows. "But you already proposed to him--"

 

"But that isn't my ideal proposal scheme for him, Howon... I wanted to make him happy."

 

"What the hell do you mean by that?"

 

Sungyeol sigh and face his friend. "Howon, you have to understand that what I have before me scared me the most. And what I want right now is Myungsoo, happy..."

 

"Then you have to make it out alive from the operation room! Damn it, Sungyeol! You know exactly what everyone wanted from you to make us all happy! And that is you. ALIVE!"

 

"AND YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M DOING JUST TO KEEP BREATHING"

 

Howon was shocked and dumbfounded as Sungyeol cried as she shouted. His bestfriend is crying in front of him. There's so much pain in his eyes. Frightened.

 

He was about to reach out on him, but Sungyeol wipe his own tears away. "You don't know how scared I am everyday Howon... you don't know how I'm keeping myself awake every single night just to be sure that I'm still alive and breathing. You don't know how much I have to keep myself from shouting because of the pain I'm having every night for me not to wake Myungsoo up and scared the hell out of him... You don't know how much I wanted to be with you guys everyday just for me to forget even just for a second that I am dying! That I could die anytime! That I won't be seeing you guys anymore. You don't know how scared I am everyday, Howon!"

 

Howon didn't say anything so Sungyeol continued. "Now tell me if me not telling Myungsoo that everything about my condition worsen than it already is, is being selfish? I've been away from him for five long years. Without communication with anyone of you guys. Now tell me Howon... Is making Myungsoo happy the way I wanted him to be happy, a sign of selfishness? Because the last time I checked, I love him so much. I couldn't afford hurting him. Because I know I'll hurt him after the next two days ahead of us."

 

"So please Howon... let everything be on me this time... please let me handle everything... I don't know if I'll make it... but i promised not to give up till the end. I love him too much and I can't leave him before we become happy together as a whole. After everything... every sacrifices made... we deserve to be happy. He deserve to be happy."

 

Howon did nothing but to nod for his friend and Sungyeol just gave him a tight hug.

 

"Thanks, Howon... Thank you for trusting me..."

 

--

 

Moonsoo follow Daeyeol as he stormed inside the locker rooms before the game started. His significant half is crying there when he was hugged by his Sungyeol-hyung and that scared him. What could make him cry?

 

He opened the door and what stopped him getting in, was Daeyeol's trembling voice.

 

"Tell me the truth about hyung's condition, Soohyun-hyung... Tell me please... please don't lie. Because the last time you did, he almost died. And the last thing I want right now is my Hyung dying just because you guys are keeping it a secret from all of us."

 

He froze.

 

What on earth is happening?

--