27: Runaway ~ KIM or LEE? ~ He's the what?

WHOLE

A/N: Starting the regular updates because first semester just ended. And I know I nailed it. HAHAHAHAHA <3 How are you guys?

 

This one comes out SHORT. Shorter than my height HAHAHAHAH <3

 

--

 

"Where did you get that name, Sungyeol?"

 

The taller sat down weakly on the bed behind him. The Kim's are as shocked as everyone else in that room, making Sungyeol assumed that they might know who he was referring to.

 

"Just answer me Dad? Grandpa? Is she someone related to us? To our family?"

 

The two looked at each other, dejectedly. He doesn't know why though. It's as if, there's something that they don't want to talk about. And that is Lee Hyori.

 

"She's a relative."

 

He turn to his mom who gained glares from both his Grandfather and Father, but the lady doesn't care and faced Sungyeol very worriedly.

 

"Though I don't know why you're asking information about her, Baby. You didn't even get to meet her."

 

Yeah right. "Mom, just please. Tell me more about it."

 

"Where is this coming from anyway, dear?" his mom sat down beside him this time and held his hands. "How come you know her name? Have you met her somewhere?"

 

"I can answer all your questions if you answer mine. So please just tell me. How is she a relative?"

 

She looked around her and sighed. "You've been held up for so long in Spain that even the relatives that we have aren't familiar with you. When did you meet Sungjong again?" she smiles and avert her eyes to look at their intertwined fingers. "All your life, you stayed in that almost castle-like house in Spain. You're not allowed to meet even our relatives, even us your family. You didn't even know how things were managed from there because you are being taught about how to take over this and that. But... you have to know that if Hyori were still here... she would be delighted to meet you."

 

His heart pounds inside his system. So she's someone really related to them. "What do you mean? Where is she? Who is she?"

 

"She's your Uncle Jungyeop's... eldest daughter."

 

"What the f--" Sungyeol covered his mouth as well as widened his eyes. "Uncle Jungyeop's eldest?! Oh my God! W-why? W-where is she? I mean what happened to her?"

 

Everyone in the room eyed him surprisingly. The taller is showing so much interest to comfort but his mom continued. "She's the Lee's runaway heiress."

 

"Runaway? What do you mean?"

 

His dad tapped his mom's shoulder and she let him continued. Though it looks like she's having a hard time on doing so, but sooner or later, Sungyeol will know everything about their family as soon as he take over. He has to know every single detail about this family. His son turns to him and he nods. "She  runaway from this family son. When she was told about the fixed marriage that was about to bound her and that someone chosen by his father."

 

"S-so... she's your cousin, Dad?"

 

The older shook his head. "She's your cousin, Sungyeol."

 

"Oh my God." Sungyeol didn't know what to say anymore that he ended up murmuring that.

 

"She's the runaway heiress of the Lee's. She wanted out of this family when she first learned of being engaged to someone she doesn't even know... heaven knows that the Lee's spent so much just to find her, but luck is not on us. She could be that someone to help you with the company. She's as smart as you. But no one knows where she went and whom she runaway with."

 

"H-How old is she when she runaway?"

 

"Eighteen years old. She's six years older than you."

 

Again, Sungyeol pursed his lips. If Hyori is eighteen when she runaway, that means he's twelve. "I was twelve then... only finishes my Elementary school..."

 

"And on your way here." his mom finishes his sentence for him. "That's why you two never meet. So we are all wondering how come you are asking about her."

 

"Wait Dad. If she's older, that means Uncle Jungyeop had her before you had me and Mom? This doesn't make sense. How does that happen? You're older than Uncle Jungyeop."

 

"Easy. They had her before marriage. When they marry, Hyori is already six."

 

"And I'm not born then yet."

 

His father nodded. "Then how come I'm the heir if she's older---"

 

"Son, are you being stupid just now? Of course you're the heir. You are the son of the first born of Lee Sungyen. You are Lee Sungjen's first born. That made you the heir. The first son born of this family is the next in line heir as soon as they're out of the womb of their mother's."

 

"That's so stupid."

 

"It is right?"

 

The two looked at his grandfather, and the oldest just smirked and shrugged. "But anyway, back to Hyori. Why are you asking about her? Have you seen her anywhere? Did she even tell you that she's a Lee? She hated his father that much for her to hide you know? So as soon as she knew you're a Lee, you'll get hated---"

 

"No. I don't think that will be the case if ever."

 

"Why?"

 

He remained silent for a while and then let out a desperate sigh. "Because I met her, Dad."

 

He stood up and went closer to the window. The beauty of Paris shone brightly outside and is making his heart beats faster than normal.

 

"You met h-her? Where? You could've told us! Is she here in Paris?"

 

"No. She's already dead."

 

"What the , Lee Sungyeol. I did not raised you that way--"

 

"No Dad, listen to me. I've met her for the first time when I was about to start my last day of middle school here in Korea. I actually met the husband first--"

 

"HUSBAND?!"

 

"SHE'S MARRIED?"

 

He rolled his eyes when his Grandpa and Dad said that at the same time. Mr. Kim is rather calm and the women are shocked.

 

"Yes she is. She is very much married by our Middle School resident Doctor."

 

"Who the hell is that?"

 

He shook his head. "Anyway, yes, I met her. Before I left to meet Sungjong, my cousin, in London for the first time. That is when I met Myungsoo too." he smiled fondly to the Kim’s who only nodded. "But what's really giving me goosebumps is the thing connecting me and Myungsoo to them."

 

"What do you mean by that, Young Lee?" Mr. Kim asked, tensed this time.

 

"Myungsoo used to attend classes for his French Language under her... back in London."

 

Again, a collective gasped filled the room as he continues. "Meaning, all along, she's in London. Near Sungjong. But Sungjong had no ways of knowing that she's the runaway heiress of the family he's into... because--"

 

"She no longer using the Lee as her surname." his Grandpa said.

 

"Exactly. Because she's already married by that time."

 

"Oh my God... the fate is bringing things back together." his Grandpa looks like he aged a lot as he run his palm over his face. "My Granddaughter might've experienced a lot of hardship---"

 

"I don't think so, Grandpa." he cut his Grandpa off. "Because I myself, is this close of running away from you guys when we're fighting over me wanting Myungsoo so badly." Sungyeol said very seriously. "If I did runaway, you'll have another gem running away from your grasped. A heiress and a heir... how scandalous is that huh?"

 

"Yah Lee Sungyeol!"

 

"But worry not... because I'm here to stay. IF everything goes my way." he smirked. "But as I said earlier about the runaway heiress cousin of mine named Hyori... she's already dead. She died with her husband in a car accident, three years ago."

 

"Oh. My. God..."

 

His heart felt heavy as he said those words. Now that he's certain how connected they are, it hurts him even more, revealing everything to his family this way. "The accident I had when I came back from London took my memories away... making me forget about Myungsoo, me being at London before that accident and me meeting her and her husband and... and what's even more painful... is how I met their son and daughter."

 

"W-What do you mean?"

 

"They had children?" he nods to that question of his Grandfather. "Your great grandchildren, Grandpa..."

 

"Oh my God... Spare my life. We need to find them, Grandson--"

 

"We don't have to do that, Grandpa."

 

"Why the hell not? Who knows where the children are? They might be dying out there because of hunger--"

 

"The surname the kids are using is Starling."

 

"So? I don't care about---"

 

"But is now using the surname, Kim."

 

No one retort and looked at him very confusedly, waiting for him to clear everything he just said.

 

"And will be using the surname Lee in the future."

 

"Sungyeol, can you please spare us with all these s and just go straight to the point?"

 

The taller put his hands on his pockets as he roamed his eyes around the room.

 

"Not knowing everything we know now, after six years, I met Hyori-noona's children again. The one recently died b-because of..." his voice breaks as he tried not to sob, but letting his tears fell freely from his eyes. "...the youngest of the twin died because of a heart disease that is even worse than mine." he paused for a while as he wiped away his tears. "They were abandoned and was left in an orphanage by their Dad's family... while their mother's body were taken away by---"

 

"By?"

 

"Who knows who took her?! The kids weren't even allowed to see their mother's burial, for 's sake, Dad! If I found out that she's taken by Uncle Jungyeop, I swear to God... I will take him down myself!"

 

"Why would you think of that? Jungyeop have no ways of knowing her whereabout---"

 

"Uncle knew that much, Dad. What if he knew all along? Knew all along her whereabouts? Knew all along that she had children?"

 

He run his fingers through his hair and watched his Grandfather's face got tensed. "Are you getting what I mean, Grandpa?" he smirked. "We have a devil in this family. We all know that. And I'm sure as I am standing here, that he doesn't want the child because the surname they were using was--"

 

"Starling."

 

"Bingo."

 

"But what if he doesn't know about the kids? And where the hell are the kids? And what do you mean about him being a Kim now and will be-- Oh my God." his mother turned pale as he looked at his son's determined serious eyes. "You said the other one died recently. And if we will decipher what you said about the names... do you mean?"

 

"You're right. Claud is one of their children. And I'm glad I found him first."

 

That is the only boost made to make his grandfather exits the room. They all followed him as they made their way back to Sungyeol's room.

 

As soon as they're inside, they saw Claud coming out from the kitchen with Myungsoo following him wearing a cute pairing pajamas. That explains Sungyeol's cute one two.

 

But what surprises them all was when his Grandfather took Claud between his arms for a hug.

 

"W-What? Grandpa? Are you okay?"

 

Myungsoo eyed his fiance confusedly, but the taller just shrug and mouthed to let them be.

 

"Y-Yes dear... I'm grandpa. I'm your Grandpa. Oh God... this explains everything."

 

"Is everything alright Sungyeol? Why are you all still up? We have a special day tomorrow."

 

But they were cut off when his Grandfather pull out of Claud and watched his grandson's face. There's the eyes and the smile... the trademark of the Lee's Heiress Hyori.

 

"I knew there's something about you that made me said yes immediately when Sungyeol said he'll marry Myungsoo and you'll become a Lee thereafter... No wonder at all..."

 

"Grandpa, why are you crying?"

 

The older shook his head. "I just wanted to tell you, welcome back, dear..." he kissed the kid's forehead. "Welcome back..."

 

--

 

As Sungyeol explained everything to Myungsoo and Claud, the two were all in tears. The connection between them all are so strong and unbearable that they didn’t see this one coming from the Lee’s.

 

Myungsoo let his son tell stories to his grandpa, leaving him with Sungyeol and their parents.

 

“What’s your plan, Sungyeol?”

 

“Glad you asked, Dad.” He held Myungsoo closer to his side. “I want to know whether it’s an accident that took Claud’s parent’s—my cousin’s death. I need to ask for a reinvestigation.”

 

“How about your Uncle? What’s your plan with him?”

 

“Nothing. If they really doesn’t know about Claud being Hyori’s son, and will only found out sooner or later, I swear they won’t be having the custody.”

 

“What do you mean—“ Sungyeol kissed Myungsoo’s forehead.

 

“They might want Claud back, Baby. They already know me marrying you. And if making love with  you will produce us both a heir, that could shut them up, but that is so impossible—“ Myungsoo smacked his tummy and he only giggles. “Kidding aside, they might want Claud Baby… to be superior over me.”

 

“Don’t underestimate the power of the paper on me, Lee Sungyeol. That kid is a KIM. And there’s no way I’ll hand him over.”

 

Claud squeezed in between them and they let him. “He’s a Kim. He’s my adopted son. There’s no way I’ll hand him over---“

 

“But he’ll become a Lee no matter what if we were to marry, Love…”

 

“So?”

 

“You can only have one. Marry me and let Claud be a Lee… or not marry me at all, that will be the safest way to draw the line between you and Uncle Jungyeop’s battle for custody.” He held Myungsoo’s hand. “In that way, I can keep you both safe.”

 

“Are you really asking me that question?!”

 

“Dads, please… don’t fight. Don’t be this way.” Claud said.

 

“But you wanted Claud, Love. And I want you happy. I want Claud to be ours too… but given the situation now, if we could keep Claud in our side even if it means not being able to marry you, then—“

 

“No. No. NO! I will never said yes to whatever you are saying! I want that marriage with you, SUNGYEOL!”

 

“Love, I want it too. You know that…” he paused and sat down on the carpeted floor. “But we both want Claud safe. And this is the only way to keep him safe.”

 

“But not being able to marry is—is just too much… don’t asked this out from me, please…”

 

“Then what’s left for us to do, Love? I can’t give you both. And we’re running out of time. Who knows when Uncle Jungyeop found Claud’s identity out? And what if he already knew about Claud and was only waiting for us to marry so I could give him the name? What if it’s that way? He’ll have his hands on Claud without us even knowing. I can’t let that happen.”

 

“Then marry without giving Claud the name. For ’s sake, you’re worried over nothing.”

 

They turned to Myungsoo’s Dad. Everyone does. “You two are ing guys. You can let Claud stayed as a KIM.”

 

“But I wanted him to be a Lee…” Myungsoo said. “Because I’ll be a Lee and I want him to be one too—“

 

 

“Then marry and let Claud become a Lee. Then whatever chaos happens, it.”

 

“How do we it?”

 

Myungsoo’s dad rolled his eyes on them and shrugs. “With the custody rights. Your papers are ing legal. You adopted the child in a legal way. No matter what happens, he’s yours. And may I just remind you? The kids were abandoned by the Starlings. And they were not accepted by whoever that took Lee Hyori’s body. If you managed to find proof that the Lee didn’t let the kids see their mother’s burial and was also abandoned by them, that’s enough reason for the law to be on your side.”

 

The couple eyed each other before Sungyeol turn to Mr. Kim.

 


“Or if you’re too idealistic about it… why not let Sungyeol be the KIM?”

 

This time, all eyes are on Sungjen’s side.

 

--

 

A/N: Stopping right here! Seriously, this has to stop here. I was torn between writing it all the way to the WooGyu’s wedding, but I kinda wanted the two to have one whole chapter dedicated to them, though there’ll be MyungYeol and the plans they’ll have before returning back to Korea. I’m lame with twists right? But be reminded that you’re all helping out with this. I’m only writing according to your reactions HAHAHA we’re in sync I may say. This wasn’t supposed to be this soooo DRAMATIC and full of twists, but you guys made me do it… so yeah. HAHA See you soon!

 

If you still find some things confusing, write a comment below. –ChekkyChoding9195 xoxo :D