2: Finding You ~ The Untold Reasons

WHOLE

Author's Note: Tune in to V-App for Infinite's 6th Anniversary, 11:30pm KST <3 I worked hard to give this chapter out before the count down for their anniversary as a bonus. And thanks for all the comments. Even though some really wanted to kill me for hurting and making Myungsoo wait for five years. HAHAHAHAHA <3

--
Myungsoo's POV

 

All of us after we received the confirmation regarding Sungyeol's whereabouts, went to Key's bar near the city proper. Sowon invited us over since she wanted to tell us something, and since we're good friends with her, we wanted to at least tell her the real deal about Sungyeol too.

 

But what greeted us there wasn't us surprising her, but she, surprising us.

 

"Sungyeol-oppa is back. Have you met with him?"

 

I looked at her confused because we are supposed to tell her exactly that. So how come she knows?

 

Taemin and Key, behind the counter served us our drinks and join the conversation.

 

"He was at these two's engagement party last night." Key says and pointed out to newly engaged couple. "I was so surprised to see him there and I thought you guys finally met him. But then he told me to tell you guys that he was there."

 

"He told you to? Yet he didn't even show himself to us?" Woohyun-hyung whines to Sunggyu-hyung and the other just patted his shoulder. "I can't believe everybody seen him, and we didn't."

 

"He's so having it once I saw his face!" Howon punched his palm with his own fist.

 

"How about you Sowon? Where did you see him? You're not in our engagement party last night."

 

"Oh, me? He came to Sapphire last night. I saw him there. I was there for a business meeting right? So I was so surprised to see him there. At first, he doesn't seem to recognize me. Anyway, he's super handsome! And... he's not alone last night."

 

"Oh, are you talking about the girl beside him? She's very pretty." Key retort.

 

Sowon became uneasy with that as she looked at me with saddened eyes. "The girl was.. clinging on him last night... and I remember the name of that girl, oppa..."

 

"W-who?" I asked nervously.

 

"Kim Taeyeon... she's with him last night. But! I'm not sure of whatever it is going on about them... but as soon as he sees me, he freed himself from Taeyeon and hug me when he recognized me. He asked me how I was and why I am not with you guys..."

 

"So you met him before us? Wow, Sungyeol-hyung. Seems to me like, he's playing hide and seek with us?" Sungjong is now looking annoyed as he drank up his brandy.

 

"I don't think so oppa... when I met him last night, he asked me to tell you guys that he's here."

 

"And he asked us too, to tell you both that he was there in your engagement." Taemin says.

 

I played with the chips before us. Why can't he just show himself to us?

 

"And have you noticed his ring finger last night, Taemin?" Key asked and that made me dumb suddenly. "I think he's engaged."

 

"Yeah. I think he is. But Taeyeon isn't wearing one. So I don't think it's Taeyeon."

 

--

 

The next day, Woohyun-hyung dragged us inside the LGC main.

 

"I can't do this anymore. Why isn't he showing himself to us?! I can't believe he's engaged! Myungsoo is waiting for him! How dare he?"

 

As much as I wanted to stop him, he can't be stop. He's been continuously playing with the elevator button until it reached the ground floor. We rode it and he pressed the floor where the CEO, his father is.

 

"Not to mention, his family let Myungsoo stay inside his unit! After all these years?! I don't know what to think anymore. How about you, Myung?! How are you taking this?"

 

I sigh and lean against the elevator wall. Honestly, I've been feeling sick since I found that out. I was hurt all over and I feel like jumping from the top floor of Topaz last night. But I chose not to. I just can't accept the fact that Sungyeol is engaged.

 

When we reached the floor where Sungyeol's father is, his secretary greeted us.

 

"Mr. Nam... what are you doing here?"

 

"We're here to see the CEO. Is he in?"

 

"He's currently inside the main hall for a meeting with the new set of investors."

 

Howon in. "Is this about the new resort being done outside Seoul?"

 

"Yes Mr. Lee. I'm surprised you're still here. The meeting is starting."

 

"I didn't come here for that. I have my representative since we're meeting uncle for a very important matter."

 

I stayed behind them all as they started to ask the secretary with some details. And I suddenly feel dizzy with his next answer.

 

"Young heir is inside."

 

"SUNGYEOL IS INSIDE?!" the five said in unison.

 

My heart, as if wanted to jumped out of it's cages, beats faster than normal. He's here. In this building. He's inside the main hall where everyone is gathered for a meeting...

 

"Even his grandparents are inside. They all came together."

 

I pushed my friends aside to face the secretary personally. "Who else is inside?"

 

"Oh, young Kim! Your parents are also inside... aren't you joining--"

 

"No. I don't care about my dad. I mean... his fiance?! Did he arrived with his fiance?"

 

I can't help but feel nervous as we all waited for him to answer, when the main hall opened.

 

"We are looking forward on working with the young heir, Mr. Lee. We are happy to see that he's back."

 

"Oh, you'll be prouder once he's on the field--- Oh. What are you guys doing there?"

 

Uncle Sungjen gave us the surprised look as the investors turn to us.

 

Then behind Uncle...

 

Sungyeol is standing behind Uncle Sungjen. Our eyes met. The same pair of eyes who never fails to take me higher as I look at them.

 

The very man himself.

 

He looks so amazing and cool with his dark suit and tie. His hair is flawlessly done. He's not talking but his eyes yells... "you found me..."

 

I took a step forward for his presence asked me to...

 

One step forward...

 

One more...

 

One more...

 

Sungyeol let his hands slipped inside his pocket and lean on the door as if waiting for me to come closer.

 

Much closer.

 

And I did.

 

I'm only a few step away when an old couple from behind him made themselves visible. The older woman hugged Sungyeol by the waist.

 

"Lets go, grandson. We should eat lunch now..."

 

"I'll follow you once I'm done here, grandma..."

 

"Aren't you done now? The board finally saw you... and... Oh."

 

The older woman turn her back to our side. I can feel the tension suddenly.

 

Dad and Mom came out of that hall too and now looking at me as I tried to turn my back on them. But I can't.

 

I struggle to continue standing.

 

The older woman came to me.

 

Closer to me.

 

Then run her palm on my cheek.

 

"Are you Kim Myungsoo?"

 

I can't talk.

 

I can't ing talk.

 

So I ended up nodding.

 

The older woman broke a smile and lend her hand on me. Asking for a shake hands. "My name is Lee Sungmin... it's so nice to finally meet you. Are you here to see my grandson? Oh, have you heard about his sudden arrival?"

 

"I... I.. yeah... I think... um..."

 

"Oh, he's stuttering... missed my grandson so much?"

 

She run her hands through my hair and smiled at me gently. "Look at this boy.. he missed you so much, Lee Sungyeol. What are you going to do now?"

 

Sungyeol walk towards us...

 

And I can't breath.

 

He's right beside me. And i know I closed my eyes when I felt his hand over my waist.

 

Oh my God... he's really here. He's real...

 

"I can see that. Anyway Grandma, grandpa.... I'll see you at the restaurant with Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim. You can go too, Dad. Mom. Daeyeol and Moonsoo too... I think I owe my friends an explanation."

 

He lean and I know that it was his breath over my ear... "Right, Love?"

 

I don't know how that makes me nod and the people around us smiled. Oh my God...

 

He cast a spell on me. I can't move.

 

I'm intimidated.

 

"Then follow us as soon  as you guys are done. After all, I wanted to discuss something with Myungsoo too."

 

"We will, Grandma."

 

As we lead everyone in the elevator, Sungyeol suddenly raised his hands as a sign of surrender. "Before anything else, you surprised the day lights out of me! Why are you guys here?!" He asked with wide eyed as if nothing happens when the elevator doors are closed. We all followed him inside his office and take a seat, but not Woohyun and Howon.

 

"WE SUPPOSED TO ASK THAT QUESTION TO YOU! WHY THE ARE YOU ASKING US ALL THAT?! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO SALVAGE YOU NOW AND THROW YOUR CORPSE TO A RIVER, !"

 

We are surprised on how synchronized the two are and Sungyeol ended up covering his ears for that.

 

"Calm the down!" Sungyeol says still covering his ears. "You don't have to shout. Let us all talk nicely, can we?"

 

The two sat down, being pulled down by Dongwoo-hyung and Gyu-hyung.

 

Sungyeol sigh and sat down on the single chair near me.

 

"Okay, now. Talk. Ask me one question at a time, okay? Don't shout."

 

Woohyun-hyung breathed in... breathed out before throwing a mad glare towards Sungyeol.

 

"You didn't let us see you last night.... why?!"

 

"Oh. They told you. Because I came there with my grandparents. They're tired so I have to go back immediately."

 

"Why didn't you tell us about your ing arrival?"

 

"I wanted to surprise you, but then again, my grandparents are with me. So, I failed to do that."

 

"Then why didn't you call us?!"

 

"Because I wanted to surprise you?"

 

Silence filled the room again. Okay. What the is going on? I can't understand. Why am I here? Why am I listening to him? He's engaged.

 

"For sake Sungyeol! You went away without telling us anything! And comes back without telling us again?! How many times will you try to disappoint us?! We almost give up on being your friends, ! Five years. Five long years without communication with you. How could you do that?"

 

Sungyeol look around us and sigh. He stood up and went over behind his table. "If I did tell you what my reasons are five years ago, you'll stop me. And I don't want that. If I wanted to comeback here fearless, I have to leave then."

 

"What do you mean by that?!" the two asked in unison again.

 

I continue listening to what he was saying. Not joining in the conversation like Sunggyu-hyung, Dongwoo-hyung and Sungjong. We're there to listen. They can do the interrogation by themselves.

 

Then Woohyun-hyung asked the most fearful question that I have in my mind.

 

"Are you engaged?"

 

He just continue seated there quietly. Not saying anything. Then after a few seconds of silence. I stood up.

 

"I better go. I have some paperwork's left in the office."

 

"No, Myung. Stay there." Sunggyu-hyung asked me to sit down again as Sungyeol sigh heavily.

 

"Yes. I am."

 

That's when my heart starts to break. Into tiny little pieces. I know right on that moment, I will never feel again.

 

I started to stand up slowly. But Sungyeol stopped me with his glare.

 

"Only if he still wanted me..."

 

We all turn to him. He lean back on his seat. "Only if Myungsoo still wanted me...."

 

"What the are you saying, Lee Sungyeol?" I asked as I was trying so hard not to punch him.

 

"I can't tell you anything about the reason why I left. Yet. But if only you could give me a chanc---"

 

" yourself. I ain't listening to you, do you hear me? I ain't listening to your lies. I ain't giving you the chance that you want not unless you tell me your so called reasons. I won't be blinded again with all the hidden reasons just to ing keep you!"

 

"Myungsoo, calm down..." Dongwoo-hyung and Sunggyu-hyung tried to held me but I brush them off.

 

"No. I'm gonna say this. You left me hanging... asking myself what went wrong... asking myself what I did wrong! We are so okay. So okay that I didn't even see it coming that you'll slap me with your leaving back! You didn't even tell me anything about that! And now... now you're back. We are the last person to know?! What game are you trying to pull here, Lee Sungyeol?! Cause I'm telling you... I ain't playing it with you."

 

"I'm not trying to--"

 

"SHUT UP! I don't want to hear it. I... I don't want you anymore!"

 

I heard a collective gasp from our friends and I can hear myself panting as I said those words...

 

But when I lift my head to look at his face, I suddenly want to take it all back.

 

I got scared of his lonely expression that I turn my back on him and went out of his office.

 

I'm so scared that I might break down any moment and jump on him to hug him..

 

I can't understand myself.

 

I've been wanting to meet him.

 

I've been asking him to come back...

 

And now that he's here, why am I pushing him away?

 

And what's with that hurt expression from him? Shouldn't I be the one to hold out that kind of expression?

 

It was me that was left out.

 

It was me that he turn his back at.

 

I was alone in that five years.

 

Five years of emptiness about the truth of his departure.

 

And now he's saying that he doesn't want to tell me that yet?

 

To hell with him.

 

I ain't talking to him even if it kills me now.

--

 

Woohyun's POV

 

As Myungsoo dashes out of Sungyeol's office, we all turn to Sungyeol who was now trying to compose himself from that shock. Myungsoo just shouted on him the most painful words he could ever utter.

 

Hurt was all over Sungyeol's face. And that very moment, I decided to go over him and pat his back. He clamped his hands together and put it below his chin.

 

"I messed up, huh?"

 

"Yes you did."

 

He sigh and look at Sungjong. "Sorry, Jongie but can you do me a favor and.. follow him? I know I'm not in the right position to ask this from you after what I've done, but I want him safe till he gets home..."

 

"Sure hyung.. I'll get going then."

 

We all nod. Sungyeol lean back on his seat again and look at me. "I'm sorry it took me this long to come back..."

 

"You shouldn't tell me that. You must apologize to Myungsoo..." I say as I crossed my arms together. "He's been waiting for so long and now the idea of you being engaged slapped him really hard. That'll hurts if it was me."

 

He heave a sigh and look around us. "I know. But he needs to know that, I'm engaged with hi---"

 

"You know what Yeol, as much as I wanted to help you out on Myungsoo, I can't help you if you won't tell me anything about what really happened..." Sunggyu beside me says as he pat Yeol's shoulder.

 

"He's right. We can't help you on this..." Dongwoo added.

 

"I know you can't. Its all me and Myungsoo... I know I can ask for your help anytime, but... I need to get through this with him together. Just us. This is my fault. I need to fix this on my own."

 

This is the first time I'm seeing my best friend after five years and he's already this stress... wow. I can't believe I'm seeing this face from him. I have to give credits for Myungsoo.


--


We decided to hang out that day to catch up. At least us five, that is. He's still the same old Sungyeol that we all knew.

 

The childish and playful Sungyeol. We are now back here in our favorite restaurant and is waiting for our foods.

 

"So, any plans on pursuing Myungsoo again?"

 

Yeol hummed and shrug his shoulder. "I came unprepared. Unfortunately, that is. I was so sure he'll listen to me, but that didn't happen."

 

"Then.. how?"

 

"I still don't know, Woohyun. Maybe I'll court him? How am I supposed to do that? Can you help me?"

 

I shoot my eyebrows up in confusion. Did I just heard him mention something about courtship? What the hell...

 

"Where will you staying anyway?" Dongwoo asked.

 

"I'll be... Oh crap. I can't stay in Topaz. Myungsoo doesn't want me anymore..."

 

Howon interrupted our conversation when he answered his phone. He set it on loudspeaker mode.

 

"Hyungs! We're here at the XXX XXX Bar! Myungsoo is so drunk! I can't handle him! Come here, before he kisses someone!"

 

Sungyeol suddenly grab his keys from his pocket and went outside of the restaurant. Dongwoo asked someone to prepare the food to take out before going out and follow Howon back on his car. I on the other hand, follow Sunggyu.

 

Sungyeol drove his car and we all follow him. Damn that Myungsoo... he knows his alcohol tolerance isn't that high!

 

When we arrived at the bar where the two youngest are, Sungyeol went inside like he doesn't care whoever it is inside the bar. We push and shove people just to find Myungsoo and Sungjong.

 

"Yeol! Did you know that Myung never drinks?!" I shouted since the music is really loud inside.

 

"I know!" He yelled back. "That's why I need to--- found him!"

 

Sungyeol run towards the table where girls are piling up. Myungsoo was in the middle and Sungyeol shove  the girls to the side. "Let me pass. That's my friend!"

 

I rolled my eyes to that, but when Sungyeol froze and avert his eyes and look the other way, I look to where Myungsoo is.

 

He's kissing some girl on his lap and very passionately too. Sungyeol walked away but I grab the girl on her collar.

 

"Get away from him, !" The girls was surprised being pulled like that. I can see Sungjong crying on the side as he tried to pull Myungsoo away from the crowd.

 

. I grab Myungsoo's collar and made him look at me. I made sure that he's aware that it was me. "I don't know how you can kiss someone else beside Yeollie, Myungsoo... but if you don't ing get out of this bar, you'll end up losing him again! Do you hear me?!"

 

Myungsoo look around, maybe to look for Sungyeol but I didn't give him the chance. "He just left because he saw you kissing. Now, get you off here!"

 

Me and Sungjong lift him up from his seat and take him outside the bar. "Where...is he? Did he--- did he really see me kissing that girl?"

 

Sungyeol was leaning against his car with a blank expression as he watch Myungsoo being helpless against us. He didn't even budge to help us with him. Myungsoo tried to stand straight on his own and walk towards Sungyeol who was holding his keys.

 

"Are you done playing around?"

 

Myungsoo stood there quietly. Howon, Dongwoo and Sunggyu came in that moment. We are now looking at the two and I know that Sungyeol is mad.

 

"Y-yes..."

 

"Why don't you go have more fun inside then? I'm sorry if I get too worried. I didn't mean to. I'll take my leave, so you could continue whatever it is you're doing there."

 

"L-leaving? W-where?"

 

Sungyeol smirked and suddenly give his car door a punch as he turn around back facing Myungsoo.

 

"Don't make me regret I came back, Myungsoo... don't make me. Get inside my car or I'll drag you forcefully. Don't dare me..."

 

Myungsoo seems to snap back that moment too. "You can't make me, Sungyeol. I'm not in your possession anymore. Ever since you left me five years ago."

 

"I know you're mad at me for not telling you my reasons why I left, but do you really have to hurt me this way?! Do you really have to make me feel like I'm the biggest idiot ever?! I've worked so hard to earn my grandparent's blessing! Just. To. ing. Keep. You! And this is all you have for me?!"

 

We are all taken back with Sungyeol suddenly yelling so mad. Myungsoo too was surprised. He just... he just told us the reason why he left... right?

 

"And if you're no longer in my possession, then why are you still wearing our ring?! You could've just thrown it out! You--" Yeollie grab his hair and punch his car hood again. "To hell, Myungsoo. To hell. Go have fun. anyone you want. I'm leaving."

 

Sungyeol without turning his back this time rode his car and started it's engine. Until all we can see is his car lights.

--
A/N: COMMENTS <3