12: Taking Dongwoo Back ~ MyungYeol Night

WHOLE

Myungsoo's POV

 

We all parked in the wide open space of the school where Dongwoo-hyung works as a teacher. Though he's a professor in Woollim U at noon.

 

I turn to see Sungyeol who's removing his seat belt and lean over him for a kiss. He kissed me back but the knock on the door stopped us. We both saw Woohyun-hyung and asking us to come out.

 

He then flicks Sungyeol's forehead. "Seriously you two? In a daycare school?"

 

I smirked while Sungyeol massaged the hurt forehead. "Myungsoo suddenly lean on me. And he's someone I love to please, so--"

 

"Shut up. Lets go!"

 

We all walk inside the daycare school and leave our shoes in the shoe lockers and we are given a indoor slippers by someone we don't know.

 

"Thanks for accommodating us, Kevin..."

 

"Sure Howon. I know your issues with Dongwoo... but I have to warn you though. He's in the middle of lectures right now. I don't think it's a good idea to talk here."

 

Howon nods. "I know. We'll all wait for him inside his office."

 

"Are you okay with that?"

 

"Of course. Thanks Kevin. I owe you."

 

The guy left us as soon as we're inside Dongwoo-hyung's office in that daycare school. We all sat down on the sofa while Howon roamed around the office.

 

"When is Gyu-hyung coming?

 

"Any minute."

 

I noticed Sungyeol playing with Woohyun with the figurines over Dongwoo-hyung's table.

 

They're just so childish.

 

I furrow my brows when I saw I very faint of red thing on his sleeves and I lift it up and inspect it.

 

"What is this, Yeol?"

 

Sungyeol only gave me a skeptical look, as if he's thinking on how to answer.

 

"Ah, it's nothing. Something gets in my sleeves I see..."

 

"That didn't answer my question--"

 

"Myuuuung... I remembered I want to take you somewhere tonight. Is it okay?"

 

Sungyeol scoop closer to me and hug me. I just look at him, half amused and half worried about that stain on his sleeves but I pat his head and smiled.

 

"Yes, sure. Its okay."

 

He smiles. "Thanks Myung... I don't know when I'll be able to take you out after tonight..."

 

Sungyeol moves back to Woohyun and the door flew open showing a panting Sunggyu-hyung. I decided to ignore what Sungyeol just said.

 

"Why is this school so big? Remind me to donate money for the establishment of elevators inside... Gosh, I'm so tired."

 

We all look at him as he flopped beside Woohyun who's toy freeze before his eyes. "Really, Babe? We're like... in the second floor and your panting as if you run?"

 

His small eyes shift to Woohyun and hit his leg. "You told me to hurry up because Howon is attempting suicide! And my hurts, you freak. Who endlessly took me last ni---"

 

"Oh please. Tell me I'm not hearing this."

 

Sungjong who just came in with Kevin who's smiling covered his ears dramatically. Howon threw a disgusted look towards the two, and Sungyeol throw his hand up in the air to give Woohyun a high five which the elder happily took.

 

I almost rolled my eyes when they did that.

 

Kevin once again left us there.

 

"So Howon, how do we win Dongwoo back? Are we going to black mail him?"

 

"What? No. Of course not. I just need to make him understand that it's him I really wanted and how sorry I was."

 

"Is this something that involved Sungyeol again? His insecurity over Sungyeol?"

 

I turn to Gyu-hyung who said that just now. Sungyeol too, looked at his side but just shrug and continue playing with the figurines.

 

"Don't tell me you're still not over that issue, Howon?" Sunggyu follows.

 

"What do you mean "not over that"? Of course I'm over it. He just misunderstood my acts since I acted frantically upon knowing how bad Sungyeol's condition is. And it's not just me. Woohyun is worried too. We are his best friends. Of course we will act that way."

 

"Maybe it's Dongwoo who's still not over it."

 

Woohyun glare at Sungyeol.

 

"What? I know nothing about it, okay?"

 

"Don't lie Yeol. I know Dongwoo talked to you somewhere. Because if he didn't, how come you already knew who's Howon's partner is even before he tell us who is it he's together with?"

 

Sungyeol raise both hands as a sign of surrender and smiled, then lean on his seat after holding my hand.

 

"I did had a talk with him. Somewhere in Middle School. When Howon took everything for me and was rush to the hospital. Remember the time when I was about to get hit?"

 

They nod while me and Sungjong listens.

 

"He told me how Howon valued me and our friendship. And he even asked me if Howon confess to me, how will I react..." he look at Howon who was listening. "...and I'm thankful you didn't. Because I don't want to lose you and Woohyun just because I rejected you."

 

"Wait, you knew about my feelings too?!" Woohyun exclaimed.

 

"Woo, Gyu-hyung asked me about his certain friend who's in a relationship that likes his best friend, to the point that he'll confess even if he's committed. And I'm not stupid to guess who it was. He asked me how I would react if I were to receive a confession to someone like that.. of course I'll reject you no matter what. Because all along, Woohyun is just fascinated with me. He thought that it's love even if it's just a brotherly love. He mislead himself and got lost in it. Thank God Gyu-hyung's feeling towards Woohyun isn't that shallow  he managed to turn things around for their relationship."

 

We all stare at each other quietly before the door flew open. This time, it's Dongwoo-hyung and a kid. I think that kid is Sebin. His niece. He was laughing as he went inside but then once he saw Howon, his smile faded.

 

"What are you guys doing here?"

 

"Hi, hyung. We're here to see you. Its been a long time since I saw and hang out with you guys." Sungjong run towards Dongwoo and hug the other who hugged him back while still in eye contact with Howon. I can feel the pressure suddenly.

 

"Mingsoo-oppa!"

 

Sebin run towards me and I carried her in my arms. "How are you Sebin?"

 

"Sebin is good! I have four star today!"

 

"Myung, how come you know Dongwoo-hyung's niece?"

 

"We're cousin, remember?"

 

Sungyeol nods and played with Sebin's hands. Then Dongwoo-hyung gracefully entered the office and went behind his table.

 

"What do you guys want? I'm busy. Unfortunately to all of you, today is a regular work day. And I have to go to WU to teach."

 

"We're here to hang out, hyung. Didn't you heard Sungjong?"

 

"Hang out? Right now? I'm sorry. But I'm busy. I need to take Sebin home. Then go straight to WU---"

 

"Dongwoo can you hear me out?"

 

We all fell silent. Sungyeol took Sebin from me and asked me to come and get out from there. Woohyun and Gyu-hyung nods in and so does Sungjong.

 

Once we're out, we stayed in front of the office.

 

"Will they be okay?" I asked in whisper.

 

"Whatever happens inside there, happen, Love. We can't do anything about it. We can only be there for them."

 

I bit my lips and then I felt Sungyeol's hand my head. To maybe console me. He flashed me his undying smile.

 

"Anyway, where are you taking me tonight?"

 

"Its a secret."

 

"Wait, does that mean we won't get to hang out with them tonight? Sungjong wants to hang out---"

 

"Love, sometimes, you're really slow, hmm?" I stare at him. "Sungjong only said that so he can enlighten the mood a little bit. And do you really think we can hang out today? If those two inside make up, they'll surely wanted to hang out with themselves for awhile for a moment. Then, WooGyu there is busy with the preparation of their upcoming wedding in three weeks. And look at Jongie? He looks so busy and handful."

 

Indeed, Sungjong is talking to someone over the phone while the other two couple watches the kids from where we are. Sebin run towards Woohyun now and was sitting on the window while Gyu-hyung is hugging her by the waist. I turn to Sungyeol again who looks handsome as ever.

 

"You really won't tell me our destination later?" I try again, but he just pinches my nose.

 

"No. Anticipate it, though. Anyway, about tomorrow, can we like, go visit Woollim Middle School? Its their open school tomorrow and he's asking us to come and watch his game. Then the next day after that, I want you inside the main hall of LGC."

 

"Why do I feel like our days after this day is full?" I smiled and hug him. He kissed my forehead.

 

"Because it is."

 

I thought I heard a glimpse of sadness through his voice as he said those words, but I was enticed by his scent, I ended up leaning and hugging him tighter.

 

--

 

Howon's POV

 

I've been fidgeting in front of Dongwoo since my stupid set of friends went out and leave us.

 

Dongwoo keeps on looking at me though. He's playing with his pen as he waited for me to talk.

 

"If you want to talk to me, you can start now. And make sure it's worth my time, because I'm really busy right now."

 

The coldness in his voice run a shiver through my veins as he continue working on a lesson plan. And then... I suddenly felt my tears left my eyes, and my knees weaken, but I remained standing.

 

"Dongwoo... p-please listen to me... you misunderstood everything..."

 

He shoot his head up once he heard me. For a moment, I saw his worried look as he saw me crying, but then he cut that short and went on a straight face instead.

 

"You dare to shed tears now? Wow, Howon... you only have tears to fight back on me?" He paused and smirk at me. "You know how I'll be worried if you cried, but I'm so mad at you right now, I might throw you out of the window where the kids could see you."

 

"Y-you d-d-don't mean that--"

 

"Oh, trust me I do. I'm that mad at you Howon. Playing with my feelings. Deciding on your own very impulsively? Do you really think I'm that understanding to just let you slip away and do what you want?" He shook his head and glare at me coldly.

 

Something in me snapped and I return the glare. "What if I told you that it was you who's trapped in my past feelings for Sungyeol? My God, Dongwoo! I already told you I already let go of whatever I was feeling for him before and realize that it was you all along that I really wanted! Why can't we just forget all about this and me now? Over that table? You once told me that--- ow!"

 

Dongwoo pull me and hit me on the wall that the cabinet near it nearly falls.

 

"Yes. I do want to you and bend you over that table... but Sebin is outside and waiting for me to take her home. And you really dare to asked me to take you now while I'm mad? You don't know how cruel I could be in bed Howon."

 

"E-enlighten me then."

 

He was caught off guard with my question and he kinda loosen his tight pinning on me that my hand he was holding travel through his stomach and upwards.

 

"You know I love it when you do me hard... your kinks ... and if forgiving me takes one hell of a cruel , then I'll take it. If that means I'll get to keep you still..."

 

Dongwoo freed me and I took that as a chance to lean forward and give him a chaste kiss, which he didn't answered. But that's okay. I soften his defenses, that's all that matters now.

 

"I truly love you Dongwoo... really really really love you... can't I get you to trust me more? Don't you trust yourself and my feelings for you?"

 

He turn around and go back behind his table, leaving me hoping and waiting for him to forgive him. But he didn't.

 

"Get out."

 

"Dongwoo--"

 

"I. Said. Get out, Howon. Get out of my life."

 

I lowered down my gaze to that. I was hurt. Devastated. Frustrated. I let the tears run down through my face. I stood there still before I decided to leave. But before I leave I went behind his chair and hug him real tight.

 

"I'm sorry, Dongwoo... but if this is really what you wanted... then I'll go. I promise you won't see me again... but trust me when I say I love you... because I really do... and if one day you forgive me, you know where to find me... I'll be waiting. Patiently. Even if it means forever..."

 

I took out the ring as I pull away and put it down in front of him. The ring that he gave me as our engagement ring is the ring his father gave his mother before. They gave it to us when he proposed to me in front of our families. But I lost it. I lost everything just because of myself. Its my fault I lose Dongwoo along with this ring. But I guess that really is for us. I then I kissed his forehead for the last time. I'm glad he didn't shove me away.

 

"I'll be waiting for you, Dongwoo...."

 

Then I'm out of his office. I cried hysterically as soon as Sungyeol smiled after seeing me out of the office, but his smile faded as son as he saw me crying. He let go of Myungsoo who was as worried and come to me.

 

"What happened?! Gosh, Howon! Are you okay?"

 

I shook my head and I earned a hug from Sungjong while Sungyeol held my hands tightly as he tried to wipe away my tears. Woohyun run toward me too as he let go of Sebin to Gyu-hyung. He even threw the ice cream he was holding just to reach me as soon as possible.

 

"What happened!? Oh my God, Howon! Say something!"

 

"H-h-h-he w-want m-me out of h-his life... h-he doesn't w-want me anymore..."

 

Sungyeol suddenly pull me for a hug and that's the warmest and most comforting hug I have that time.

 

"Sssshh... it's okay, Howon. Its okay. Don't cry... please. Please don't cry. It hurts to see my best friend crying..."

 

Myungsoo and Sungjong shed a tears as Woohyun and Sungyeol hugged Howon for comfort.

"W-why is Howon-oppa... c-crying?" Sebin beside Sunggyu asked.

 

I pull Sebin and hugged the child.

 

"Please... take care of Dongwoo-oppa for me, Sebin.."

 

"Why? Don't you love him anymore oppa?"

 

"No... he doesn't love me anymore Sebin..."

 

"That's impossible... he took me in a jewelry shop last night and bought something from there. Its an accessory where your name is engraved... it causes a lot as far as Sebin remembers.... it's a really pretty necklace..."

 

I looked at Sebin who's eyes are glistened to tears. "He even said that he'll win you back no matter what..."

 

I hugged Sebin again. "I see.... but right now... it was Howon-oppa that wants him back, but he doesn't want me anymore... can you.. can you tell him I love him everyday?... because I'm no longer allowed to tell him that... not anymore..."

 

Sebin cried and nods as she hugged me tighter. Sunggyu brought her back inside Dongwoo's office while the rest of us walked away. Sungyeol is keeping me close by holding me firmly on my shoulder while Woohyun is holding my other hand. Sungyeol got Myungsoo beside him talking to Sungjong.

 

Sunggyu followed us as soon as we get to our cars, and since I'm not in the safe estate to drive, WooGyu couple took me with them.

 

Everything is my loss. Its all my fault.

 

--

 

Sungyeol's POV

 

We all went home feeling dejected that day. How could Dongwoo-hyung let go of Howon that easily? Don't it will take him forever to convince me that he no longer love Howon. I'm sure Dongwoo-hyung needed time to understand things that's happening so I wish Howon could leave him at that.

 

Myungsoo is on the couch of our unit in Topaz and was pouting when i handed him his juice. I changed my shirt as soon as we arrived because the blood on my sleeves almost blew my cover. This is when it worries me.

 

I'll be back in the hospital in three days for my operation. Howon and Dongwoo are fighting and won't even make up, though we tried. What if I need to be transported back earlier than expected? Will that throw the two together again? Dongwoo-hyung worries about me as much as Howon does. So maybe it will bring them closer. If my unconsciousness means they'll be back together in no time, then I'm excited now more than ever.

 

Myungsoo lay down on my lap and i caress his hair in a slow manner. He put one arm over his eyes.

 

"What's bothering you, Myungsoo?" I asked as he turn to face my stomach and hugged me.

 

"I'm worried about my cousin and Howon... How could they part just like that?"

 

"Love, don't think about it too much. Remember I still have to take you out today."

 

He sits up and looked at me wide eyed. "Oh yeah. I'll go change then. Wait for me here."

 

"Sure." I said as he lean down to kiss me again.

 

Myungsoo is so easy to please.

 

--

 

Thirty minutes after, we exited the Topaz building and was inside my Audi.

 

"Seatbelt on, Love."

 

"Okay." he put his seatbelt on and watch me do my thing with the steering wheel. "So, where are we going?"

 

"Just somewhere... can you hand me my specs, Love?"

 

He handed me my glasses case and put it on me. I murmur a thanks and he kissed me. "Is your eyes really poor?"

 

"Only at night and when I'm driving." I said.

 

He just nods and press buttons inside my car. Then "Statue" came inside my car as he tune the radio.

 

When the day is said and done, in the middle of the night and you're pass asleep my love.

I stay awake looking at your beauty, telling myself I'm the luckiest man alive...

 

I smiled sheepishly as I sang the lyrics and Myungsoo stared at me. "You know this song?" I only nod.

 

  'Cause so many times I was certain you was gonna walk out of my life. Why you take such a hold of me, girl, when I'm still trying to get my act right.  

 

Myungsoo held my hand and sang the song with me as we continue with our roadtrip.

 

The lights turn red and I look at Myungsoo who's looking at me with so much love as he sang the next lyrics.

 


What is the reason, when you really could have any man you want, I don't see, what I have to offer.  

  I should've been a season, guess you could see I had potential.  

 

And I just kissed his hand as I sang..

 

Do you know you're my miracle?

 

Myungsoo lean on my shoulder as I sing the chorus while still holding his hands.

 

I'm like a statue

Stuck staring right at you

Got me frozen in my tracks, So amaze how you take me back. Each and everytime our love collapse.

Statue~

Stuck staring right at you.

So when I'm lost of words everytime I disappoint you, it's just cause I can't believe that you're so beautiful.

Don't wanna lose you, no~

 

Then as the light turns green, Myungsoo take over the song and sing it. While I'm having a hard time keeping up with this moment we're having. In three days... I wouldn't be able to hug him. To see him normally. In three days, he'll be worried over me. He'll cry and feel anxious.

 

In three days, my life wouldn't be normal again. My life will be depending on Soohyun and all the machines they have in that hospital.

 

Ask myself why are you even with me? After all the i put you through?

Why did you make it so hard with me?

It's like you're living i an igloo.

But baby your love is so warm, it makes my shield melt down.

And everytime we're both at war, you make me come around...

 

In three days, my life is on the line. I'll be fighting for my life just to be with everyone i value.

 

I let my tears run through my cheeks without worrying Myungsoo who's playing with his phone.

 

And when the song ends, I kissed Myungsoo's forehead and whisper through his ear...

 

Don't wanna lose you. Never.

 

"I love you, Myungsoo."

 

Myungsoo looks at me suddenly and gave me a sincere smile. "I love you too, Yeol."

 

I smiled. I wonder if this will be the last time I'd be hearing that I love you's from him?

 

I wonder if this will be the last time for me to tell him how much he really means to me.

 

I wonder...

 

I wonder if...

 

I wonder if I'll make it back to him?

 

I wonder.

 

I wonder.

 

--

 

Third Person's POV

 

As Sungyeol and Myungsoo arrived in that high place, they both helped each other to build a tent that will serve as their shelter for that night. The place they arrived at is a place where you could see the stars so clearly and Seoul.

 

Myungsoo admire the view enough for him to take some pictures.

 

The clear night sky envelopes the two as the started cuddling. Myungsoo is munching his foods while they're watching a movie from Sungyeol's phone. They're both happy. Contended. And feeling complete. Being with each other makes them as a Whole new human being. Its like living a dream.

 

Sungyeol whispers a song lyrics to Myungsoo's ear, and the other just giggle. So in love. So pure and innocent.

 

That image of Myungsoo will never leave Sungyeol's mind ever.

 

And as Myungsoo wished that they would have more of those moments together, Sungyeol controlled his sob.

 

Because what Myungsoo doesn't know is that.. His condition is getting worst. Worst, that even Soohyun is 100% sure that he might not make it back alive. They still have a chance before.. but now?

 

He doesn't want to lose Myungsoo. But it will be Myungsoo who'll be losing him. Again. He might leave the love of his life again.

 

That scared him the most. As Sungyeol kissed Myungsoo and look straight to the other's eyes, he asked... "If I die, will you continue loving me?"

 

Myungsoo hit Sungyeol and tried to laugh it off, but his Other Half is serious. So he held Sungyeol's face and hug him tight.

 

"I will. And I won't stop loving you. And if you die, my heart dies with you. But not the love i have for you."

 

And once again, Sungyeol silently cries as Myungsoo is sleeping beside him that night. He run his fingers through the younger's hair and kissed him multiple times.

 

"Me too, Myung... Me too... I'd die loving you."

--

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I don't know if I managed to make you sad with this chapter. I hope i did. HAHA Anyway, leave a comment below. And if you like this update, hit upvote. :)